Oh Really, Vinicius?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

True story, I have contributed to that site.
There is also a site for peak district gates and stiles

Is there a site for purloined Sheffield street signs and Stonehenge copies :)

1691696080767.jpg

It's a big claim, but certainly one of the steepest gennels in Sheffield (Past Walkley Cemetery, up from Rivelin Valley Road).

The start is he gentlest bit...

I ended up accidentally walking up that thing a while back. Had to pretend to look at some graves near the top while the heart attack stopped.

Hmm, I'd like an adjudication on January.
There is no gennel from Argyle Road to Kent Road.
It is just Kent Road. Just because the council have allowed it to become overgrown is no reason to disown it.
I walked up and down that stretch of Kent Road thousands of times a as a kid.
I have submitted photo evidence (from Google maps) to support my objection!!
View attachment 167882
It looks like it used to be a road but isn’t any more per the satellite image. Objection overruled 🤓

1691702595406.png

The gennel round the corner from me. Houses once stood where this gap is but they took a direct hit from a German bomb during the Sheffield blitz in WWII.

Nice building in the background as well...

1000027867.png

I’ve lived in Wakefield for the last 15 years; the other week I caught myself saying the word “ginnell”.
Selling Ndiaye and Berge is God’s way of punishing me.
Congratulations, your training is going well. Now, next lesson, the correct pronunciation of the prime number.

Congratulations, your training is going well. Now, next lesson, the correct pronunciation of the prime number.
Lets give it a try:

One - no, still unaffected
Two
Three
FAAAARRRRRRRRR

Shit. Ah well, nice knowing you Eegs.

It looks like it used to be a road but isn’t any more per the satellite image. Objection overruled 🤓

View attachment 167903
I was born in 1971 and that part of Kent Road has always been pedestrianised in my life time but it's still Kent Road, not a gennel. Fargate has also been pedestrainised my entire life time even though it used to be a road, but we don't class it as a gennel!!

I was going to post about these exact ones!
Used to live on Mulehouse Rd & that was my route to Lydgate School & my Nanan’s house.
I remember the dry cleaners too - a long forgotten memory. Used to know the people who lived at the very top of the gennel in the house that goes to a point.
There’s loads of gennels in Crookes & used ‘em all in my time as a kid.
The one opposite the Noah’s Ark was a favourite as were the unmarked ones around Loxley View, Longfield & Netherfield plus the one from Lydgate Lane to the top of Forres Rd.
I live in the "pointy" house

As a child the one between Thorseby rd and manvers rd was highly thought of but I used one just yesterday at Hope which was great but I don’t suppose this has yet been on Vini’s visit list!
Thats a blast from the past, I used to live on Thoresby road

Get this thread pinned to Vinicius's wall.

Block the gennels vini lad. No fucker sneaking down there.

Favourite gennels:

1) The gennel that takes you from the Sheaf over Skelly's Bridge to Guernsey Road

2) Derbyshire Lane to Brook Road next to Meersbrook Bank School

3) Steep steps from Chesterfield Road to Woodbank Crescent (that would never get past any planning these days)

4) Crawford Road to Cockayne Place (see the occasional badger on there if you're coming back from the pub late on)

5) A lovely cobblestone example running from Warminster Road to Derbyshire Lane past Mundella School (my old house on the last photo looking somewhat worse for wear)

Beer Badgers? They’re reight nasty bastards, strike on your way home bladdered, empty your wallet and shit in your mouth - you know nothing about it until you wake up next morning…..

Back
Top Bottom