Official Hawkeye reason given

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The way the game played out after the incident they could retrospectively say, ‘The ball was quite clearly over the line, it was a legitimate goal we apologise unreservedly and award Sheffield United the 3 points’

Obviously they wont, but they could 🤷🏻‍♂️

The way the game played out after the incident they could retrospectively say, ‘The ball was quite clearly over the line, it was a legitimate goal we apologise unreservedly and award Sheffield United the 3 points’

They can't really.

Awarding us a win would be a bigger travesty of justice than not giving us the goal was, and would open the floodgates of results being changed after the fact once the game has been reviewed.

as Carragher said after the match. VAR was brought in to get more decisions correct. so why did it not check it. it fits all the criteria for it "VAR only intervenes in the course of a match when the officials have made a 'clear and obvious error' in one of four key areas. Goals Penalties Red Cards & Mistaken Identity"

what angers me like i said on match thread. VAR for 18 months has extremely quick to meddle when nobody asked for when someone was 0.1mm offside & scored a perfectly good goal, because unless we are going to have laser sighted robot linesman no mistake was made. but then when VAR actually useful for once & incident it was designed for. its nowhere to be found. PL handling of VAR is a joke & has been a joke all season

Utterly ridiculous! Do you think football would be for the bettter if a panel decides after the game has finished on who to award points to?

It‘s an error, hard to take but that’s what it is and all the talk of legal action is stupidity. The Premier League will be fuming more than your mob I reckon. Pushed to get games on whilst hundreds of people are dying and the first game in months which will have had a huge audience has ended in embarrassment.

Even if the linesman flagged, the goal wouldn't have been given. Goal line technology and VAR are the issue for this one.
I have no doubt you are right in what you say but, NOT to allow the linesman (assistant referee) to flag for incidents in a game as back up to the technology is neglect of responsibility to run the game in a right and proper manner.
After all these people are payed enormous amounts of money for decision making, every possibility should be covered and those that are unforeseen should be legislated on in retrospect.
Even now a decision could be made for the truth to come forth righting the wrong that occurred.
A pity the incumbent's of the FA and PL are snivelling cowards unable to throw off the years of perpetrated deceit.

VAR, thats what im angry about. They should have intervened. And the whole bloody world knows that
There's a reason why they didn't. They've said why but it makes no actual logical sense.

But they've given one

villa were due a recallibration of their Hawkeye a few weeks ago. They didn’t bother due to an extension granted by fifa because of covid. Hawkeye are booked in for recalibration next week. Matters potentially made worse by the thunderstorms. Some facts on the issue.

Utterly ridiculous! Do you think football would be for the bettter if a panel decides after the game has finished on who to award points to?

It‘s an error, hard to take but that’s what it is and all the talk of legal action is stupidity. The Premier League will be fuming more than your mob I reckon. Pushed to get games on whilst hundreds of people are dying and the first game in months which will have had a huge audience has ended in embarrassment.
It's not about a panel making the decision, the evidence is there, just because it isn't there from their unserviceable equipment is no reason not to use other evidence. All it needs is ratifying by an official source, even after the event.

villa were due a recallibration of their Hawkeye a few weeks ago. They didn’t bother due to an extension granted by fifa because of covid. Hawkeye are booked in for recalibration next week. Matters potentially made worse by the thunderstorms. Some facts on the issue.
So nobody has had their cameras recalibrated then? Because of covid? I hope we smash ours. Can't beat em join em. Walk it in and walk back out.

What a crock of shit

Wuedp. Seems you have found the smoking gun.

It's not about a panel making the decision, the evidence is there, just because it isn't there from their unserviceable equipment is no reason not to use other evidence. All it needs is ratifying by an official source, even after the event.
Games are contested on the pitch, it is not open for questioning afterwards no matter the “wronging”.
The whistle has been blown, it‘s done, it’s finished. Move on

Games are contested on the pitch, it is not open for questioning afterwards no matter the “wronging”.
The whistle has been blown, it‘s done, it’s finished. Move on
I am cognizant of what you say and understand your and my right to state our opinions but what you must not do is tell me what to do.

I am cognizant of what you say and understand your and my right to state our opinions but what you must not do is tell me what to do.

Carry on stamping your feet and having a toddler tantrum then.
The result on the pitch will still stand and you won’t be getting extra points.

So nobody has had their cameras recalibrated then? Because of covid? I hope we smash ours. Can't beat em join em. Walk it in and walk back out.

What a crock of shit

Not sure on exactly which clubs have not bothered but know for a fact villa are overdue recalibration and took up the extension offered by FIFA.

Carry on stamping your feet and having a toddler tantrum then.
The result on the pitch will still stand and you won’t be getting extra points.
Oh I see, you either want an argument or it's your intention to belittle someone. I will have to say you gave yourself away in that last sentence.
I never thought I would be expecting any points, Christmas must becoming early this year,...yipeeeee. Good night young man-Stay Safe.

Oh I see, you either want an argument or it's your intention to belittle someone. I will have to say you gave yourself away in that last sentence.
I never thought I would be expecting any points, Christmas must becoming early this year,...yipeeeee. Good night young man-Stay Safe.

Not trying to belittle anyone, just trying to make sense of what you want to happen. A football game and officiating right or wrong is concluded on the pitch during the 90mins. When the Ref blows the final whilstle, it’s over. But you’ve had an injustice so what do you think should really happen?
Have somebody say, we’ll have to play that again because an error happened? How many matches would you estimate over the course of a season to be re-evaluated after the whistle has blown due to this precedent being set?
It was an error, not the first to happen in a football game and it certainly won’t be the last. Changing results/points after the final whistle has been blown will lead to bedlam.

One point to come out of tonight is the current (unbeatable technology) is flawed.

Agreed, and it should now be suspended until they review the technology.

Just one further observation - the officials realised a clear and obvious mistake had been made at half time so why not award the goal during the half time break and kick off the second half at 1-0 to us ??

Level of occlusion that has never seen before????

Like, the camera in the replay instantly showed that the ball was fully over the line. There was literally no occlusion beside a player well before the goal and the goalie halfway IN the goal.

What a bullshit excuse.

Back
Top Bottom