Official Hawkeye reason given

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FA and Premier League like the watch "Mickey Mouse", and if you don't know what that is go and stand on the "useless step" with the Football Association and the Premier League.
It is well within the remit of the authorities to look at the evidence of video, from any chosen source, and award the goal and the game to the goal scorers. Unfortunately they do not have the honesty or humility to represent association football and make a momentous decision in these momentous times. The mechanisms to make these decisions were put in place by them. Now there is a problem with said mechanisms they bury their heads in the sand.
I have previously stated their want to chase publicity and dragging politics into football, they are really not fit for purpose.

Not sure, but apparently Hawkeye was not turn on for the first half?

If we don’t get into Europe because of this I would suggest that United would have grounds to sue for neglect. They are paid millions to run this for the Premier League!

hawkeyeinnovations.com

Disgusting

Surely VAR officials are there to watch football. They watch the game, keep an eye on everything regardless. How hard would it be just to say “eyup Mike, balls gone over the line there pal - did tha watch not work?”

Would have taken all of about 10 seconds to put the game on hold so the ref could check a screen and they verified the tech was working properly.

FA and Premier League like the watch "Mickey Mouse", and if you don't know what that is go and stand on the "useless step" with the Football Association and the Premier League.
It is well within the remit of the authorities to look at the evidence of video, from any chosen source, and award the goal and the game to the goal scorers. Unfortunately they do not have the honesty or humility to represent association football and make a momentous decision in these momentous times. The mechanisms to make these decisions were put in place by them. Now there is a problem with said mechanisms they bury their heads in the sand.
I have previously stated their want to chase publicity and dragging politics into football, they are really not fit for purpose.
Exactly that. They’ve meticulously ‘planned’ the minutes silence, the worldwide tv coverage, the BLM signalling on the shirts, the nice little NHS logos on shirts, the BLM banners et al.....but they can’t govern the simplicity of the match itself. Muddled priorities

9000 games GLT works like a dream then a man Utd fan is put in charge tonight
View attachment 83223
See it all now it's McBurnie's fault he should have been thinking Nat Lofthouse, one for the oldies, you've got to larff 'aint you other wise you'd think "Cheating Bastards".
Where's the linesman? He's got to see that, or he's not doing his job properly should have raised his flag for a goal as back up in case the GLT is not working.
I must just say I listened on radio. 5 Live, so as not to get a biased commentary, this is my first sight of any of the game. I might add the commentator and his technical assistant both said it was a goal although the commentator did adjust his comment to in all probability it looked over the line, when he realised his job could be on the line.

View attachment 83229
Not sure these celebrity GLT judges work

To be honest mate, I think even Wonder could tell it was a goal.... he would have heard Nyland's heart sink as he folded into his own goal like an old wallet, just clinging to the ball for dear life. Its not rocket science F.A., your job is to know when a ball crosses a fucking line. No one is expecting you to cure a deadly virus (so no pressure), just call the fucking game as we all see it, Christ.

If Villa escape relegation by a point or 1 goal get ready for the legal battle, specially if it means W Ham go down. If anything does happen they will just take a point off villa if they are safe and not give us 2
Nah. They'll take 22 off us and send us down. We don't matter to them, we're just the uppity oiks who upset their cosy cartel.

Why is no contingency built in for the failure of the kit? You would at least expect a “ping” every 2 mins or so to confirm it’s giving a signal.

VAR able to give an offside lace 10 mins after the event but can’t do something fundamental like provide a failsafe for goal line tech.

How does this not occur to the IFAB or whoever?

Pathetic!
Pathetic apology.
Pathetic technology.
Pathetic VAR.
Pathetic ref who is incapable of making a decision, even though he had a clear view, unless his pathetic thingy vibrates.
Where was the pathetic linesman?

Back
Top Bottom