Offers in for two players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nah, with the £10m,we get for Lowe from Forest, HRH will put the £20m bid in for MGW, and they can have Rothwell...
I mean we can dream, but imagine if we did match other offers, and he chose us.

Would be amazing.

I'm not convinced about Spence's application or defensive merits. I suspect clubs in the top flight might be wary given the price tag.

Yeah I agree mate. Just going on reports in the media.

I thought he was excellent when they played at The Lane in the league but didn't really notice him at all in either of the play off games.

I thought he was excellent when they played at The Lane in the league but didn't really notice him at all in either of the play off games.
He is a typical 'fancy wing back' good going forward, poor defensively. Guess what Forest are going to be doing more of next season 😜

Hes probably better suited to a team who have a lot of the ball but is he good enough for a top team to sign him?

He loves getting forward but relies on others to cover for him when the other team break. I also don't like the way he's so static. He gets the ball then decides to be fancy. Not going to wash in the top flight.

We aint paying a penny for anyone , why would the Poundland prince put an extra penny into the club when he is on the verge of selling it

If you believe Bettis then you must have been taking some serious Deludamol
This from a person who on Monday praised his interview by saying he is a top CEO....what happened since? Did he tell you that you won't be able to bring your mariachi band to Bramall Lane when you wanted to improve the atmosphere.

Was he their No 2 in the Play off games ?
Because if he was he's garbage, especially defensively.

This from a person who on Monday praised his interview by saying he is a top CEO....what happened since? Did he tell you that you won't be able to bring your mariachi band to Bramall Lane when you wanted to improve the atmosphere.

You can praise him for been a good ceo whilst thinking he is bending the truth slightly

He works for the prince at the end of the day so is working with one hand behind hence why we can’t afford to open the Hotel 🤷‍♂️

Was he their No 2 in the Play off games ?
Because if he was he's garbage, especially defensively.

Not sure what shirt number he was wearing BB but he was the lad with short dreads that kicked off the ruckus with Hecky on the touchline at their place.

He was their RWB so may well have worn 2.

Not sure what shirt number he was wearing BB but he was the lad with short dreads that kicked off the ruckus with Hecky on the touchline at their place.

He was their RWB so may well have worn 2.
He was the guy in RNDs back pocket all second leg.

You can praise him for been a good ceo whilst thinking he is bending the truth slightly

He works for the prince at the end of the day so is working with one hand behind hence why we can’t afford to open the Hotel 🤷‍♂️
We can afford to reopen the hotel, but have chosen to prioritise using the funds elsewhere. In the real world not everything can happen at once, as much as everyone, including the board, would like it to.

Nice to hear we're spending some money on transfers, in the longer term this will save the club money over loans

Unless you buy a young player whose value rapidly increases and you're then able to sell on, I don't get your logic?

Unless you buy a young player whose value rapidly increases and you're then able to sell on, I don't get your logic?
I totally agree. Folk get too hung up on future sales. Out of the players we’ve bought there’s only Berge who will make a profit as it stands… and some will scoff at that!
Besides… if a player improves then ultimately you want to keep said player anyway!

I totally agree. Folk get too hung up on future sales. Out of the players we’ve bought there’s only Berge who will make a profit as it stands… and some will scoff at that!
Besides… if a player improves then ultimately you want to keep said player anyway!
There's an element of realism to it though. Nearly all clubs are selling clubs, in reality.

These days players want to progress, not many have a club for life.

The issue with buying to sell at a profit, at Blades, is we haven't mastered buying the young talent! We don't have the recruitment/analysis in place, or perhaps not operating in 5th gear yet.

Weird because surely we work with a data company. Maybe not. Or maybe not a very good one.

There's an element of realism to it though. Nearly all clubs are selling clubs, in reality.

These days players want to progress, not many have a club for life.

The issue with buying to sell at a profit, at Blades, is we haven't mastered buying the young talent! We don't have the recruitment/analysis in place, or perhaps not operating in 5th gear yet.

Weird because surely we work with a data company. Maybe not. Or maybe not a very good one.
There is, don’t get me wrong, I just feel that too much emphasis is put into resale value is all.
I’m guilty of it myself in the past. But lately my feelings have changed. In so much as… is profit the goal… or is it getting the right player for us to do the job for several years. Like Egan for example.

You've already answered your own question there JT! But even if it's an older player, if it's our player and they play well then you don't lose them and have to start again and have paid a decent chunk of a loan fee. With loan players there's the short term gain that you squire for a season someone of higher quality than you could afford in the permanent market but if you don't go up then you can't afford to buy them, if the parent club are even willing to sell.

You've already answered your own question there JT! But even if it's an older player, if it's our player and they play well then you don't lose them and have to start again and have paid a decent chunk of a loan fee.

What is the difference between, ignoring wages:

a) us buying player A for 3 million right now on a three year deal, with him leaving at the end of his contract
b) us paying 1 million in loan fees for players X, Y and Z in each of the 22/23, 23/24 and 24/25 seasons?

The answer is there is none. The only benefit with buying permanently is that you either hope the player develops rapidly and will appreciate in value which you can then exploit by selling on, which happens basically never for older players, or that you can get the player to extend their contract without taking the piss massively in improved wages/agent fees.

There is, don’t get me wrong, I just feel that too much emphasis is put into resale value is all.
I’m guilty of it myself in the past. But lately my feelings have changed. In so much as… is profit the goal… or is it getting the right player for us to do the job for several years. Like Egan for example.
Getting one who will be a good servant for years is the ideal - that's how you best save money

What is the difference between, ignoring wages:

a) us buying player A for 3 million right now on a three year deal, with him leaving at the end of his contract
b) us paying 1 million in loan fees for players X, Y and Z in each of the 22/23, 23/24 and 24/25 seasons?

The answer is there is none. The only benefit with buying permanently is that you either hope the player develops rapidly and will appreciate in value which you can then exploit by selling on, which happens basically never for older players, or that you can get the player to extend their contract without taking the piss massively in improved wages/agent fees.
It's rarer with older players but look at the value we got from signing Stevens, McGoldrick, Norwood, all of which were 26 or older. They were in less demand because they were past 25. Or we could keep signing loan players and that is a gamble as I said. There's a mix to be had, I don't want us signing five loan players when there's some real quality out there such as Clarke- Salter on a free.

The prince and Hecky have both said they prefer permanent transfers but we also utilise the loan market when there's a gem out there - like Morgan Gibbs-White. But I don't think Hourihane, Ben Davies and Robin Olsen have come off and I'm sure would be some of our biggest earners. You can't say "ignoring wages" because that's a major factor in any signing and thres a loan fee as well.

When you say a player signing for three million and then they'll leave for nothing; the aim is to sell players on who do well as that sustains a club, and we can extend a deal of course in many cases. I don't really get your point to be honest. What are you suggesting? We sign five loan players every season and never sign permanent players?

My point in general is that your point that buying "permanents" saves money is not accurate as far as I'm concerned

Back
Top Bottom