Offers in for two players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Guessing Wiles might be the one for a fee.

“We have one offer in at the moment for a permanent that will involve a fee being paid,” chief executive Stephen Bettis tells The Athletic. “We’d get it done in the next week or so if we could.

“We have also got a free transfer who we are in talks with. We are moving that one forward. They are the two getting traction at the moment.”

Heckingbottom wants “six or seven” positions filled before the window closes on September 1. Some of these, the United manager has made clear, will come from within the ranks, meaning there could be a chance for, say, academy graduate Kyron Gordon to build on last season’s four first-team starts in the Championship from late February on.

I wonder if the offer for a player will turn out to be for Josh Doig from Scotland as we were heavily linked with him. Nice to hear we're spending some money on transfers, in the longer term this will save the club money over loans, but granted you can get promoted with decent loans like Forest have done.

Rothwell is going to Nott'm Forest.
John Percy (usually on the money) is reporting it in the Telegraph along with several other sources.
We'll struggle to sign high profile players from this division.

This Forest side?

Samba
Worrell Cook McKenna
Not theirs Not theirs Yates Ours
Not theirs
Johnson Not theirs

This one? 😉

Exactly. 5 of Florist's 1st choice 11 were loans. They'll all need buying or replacing/improving before they can even think about strengthening the overall squad.

Very much doubt they'll get Spence as think he'll have bigger/better offers. Garner is being linked with some established Prem clubs. Zinkernagel and Davis are probably getable and we'll probably sell Lowe if the offer is even semi acceptable but that'll still leave them 2 short from even this seasons team.

Rothwell will choose them if they are indeed after him unless he favours 1st team football over sitting on the bench, which I highly doubt.

On a more general point as well.

I've absolutely no issue if we go back to picking up the better players from the leagues below us. Most of our best signings over the last few years have come from this route and would mean we're not overpaying salarywise on players from The Champ.

Is Rothwell really Prem standard? I'm not so sure. He might be a decent signing for the 2023-24 season when Forest will most likely be in the Champ.

Forest are going to have to spend some serious money to even give themselves a chance of survival. It would take them ~£40m just to retain the players that got them up, never mind do anything in the Prem. Still, that hasn't step their entitled supporters claiming they'll finish top 10 because they beat an out of form Leicester side and Liverpool took a while to score past them

This Forest side?

Samba
Worrell Cook McKenna
Not theirs Not theirs Yates Ours
Not theirs
Johnson Not theirs

This one? 😉

Haha

Still the point stands that aren’t going to want a worse side that the one they went up in. He’s be backup there but start for us imo.

Probably depends what he fancies.

Haha

Still the point stands that aren’t going to want a worse side that the one they went up in. He’s be backup there but start for us imo.

Probably depends what he fancies.

You're right BiL but I can't remember a player ever turning down a move to a Prem club and the $$$ that comes with it in favour of going to a Champ club.

£20 million gone in for Gibbs White
Nah, with the £10m,we get for Lowe from Forest, HRH will put the £20m bid in for MGW, and they can have Rothwell...

Exactly. 5 of Florist's 1st choice 11 were loans. They'll all need buying or replacing/improving before they can even think about strengthening the overall squad.

Very much doubt they'll get Spence as think he'll have bigger/better offers. Garner is being linked with some established Prem clubs. Zinkernagel and Davis are probably getable and we'll probably sell Lowe if the offer is even semi acceptable but that'll still leave them 2 short from even this seasons team.

Rothwell will choose them if they are indeed after him unless he favours 1st team football over sitting on the bench, which I highly doubt.
I'm not convinced about Spence's application or defensive merits. I suspect clubs in the top flight might be wary given the price tag.

Back
Top Bottom