Norwood and Fleck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should be no problem selling them in January. Both have multiple promotions on their c.v. good pros. May be able to help an Ipswich for example over the finish line automatically or at least via the play offs. As long as wages aren't the issue, which the probably will be, and the fax machine is working, plug it in now, they will be moving on next year. Thanks and good luck

Egan needs to retire from international duty. Norwood extended his club career doing that.
Why should he? What makes us the bosses in that?

His international games haven’t hindered him at all yet. He’s proud to play for his country

Both 33 in 2024 ,Norwood in April Fleck in August. Time passed them by, sell both might save enough wages to get a player back.

Norwood is brilliant at championship level and has heaps of experience gaining promotion which is where we will be and what we hope to do next season. Fleck is one of my favourite Wilder era players but he looks done, he looked done before his contract extension.
Norwood was ok in the Champ until we went from a huge lead to sliding down in points. They were dropped and Doyle and McAtee took over we then turned it around to promotion.

Championship teams don't have money to spare on players who aren't athletic enough for the Championship or who need to have the ball almost all the time to be effective. As much as I like Norwood, you can't just slot him into your team and have nothing change

This is very similar to the conversations people were having about Stevens over the last few years in terms of "let's sell them". People don't buy 33 year olds. They'll take them off your hands if you subsidise their wages but there'll be no fees incoming

Norwood was ok in the Champ until we went from a huge lead to sliding down in points. They were dropped and Doyle and McAtee took over we then turned it around to promotion.
No doubt Doyle was huge imo. Norwood was either top or near top in the statistics in the division though. In the context of we will barely have a squad next season I can't see why we would try to get rid.

The difficulty is replacing them when we have no cash to spend on fees and a limit on loans.
Maybe Thomas should go back and Arblaster should come home.
Then there's still a UK loan place free for an incomer.
Dunno what to make of Larouchi.

Get Prince ont the phone to the Saudi league, probably suits their level of athleticism

Why should he? What makes us the bosses in that?

His international games haven’t hindered him at all yet. He’s proud to play for his country
No one is suggesting we are the bosses in that. His use by Eire has overplayed him and takes no account of his club priorities. He may play 2 x 90 minutes in meaningless internationals. He was injured before his last outing but they still played him!

His age is against him and everyone has seen his weaknesses in the Championship. He is now 31 years old. Not exactly ripping up the EPL is he. Now tasting a long term injury at a bad time for the player, his club and his country. You are being sentimental, and I expect Wilder will be the same when Egan is fit again.

He might well be proud to play for his country, but he makes a living as a club player. SUFC pay his wages.

Maybe let Fleck go, and sign Field from QPR, or maybe Styles from Barnsley
Have you seen what most fans at Barnsley think about Styles? He thinks he is better than he is and is not pulling up trees there. What makes you think he could jump up to the Prem?

I would let both go. They have both been great players for us but Fleck has had unfortunate injuries just at the age you don't need them and Norwood is just not fast enough in a division where players are real athletes and pace is essential. Let them go and get regular football somewhere else - Rotherham for exanmple..

Have you seen what most fans at Barnsley think about Styles? He thinks he is better than he is and is not pulling up trees there. What makes you think he could jump up to the Prem?
I just know we've been linked recently, with other decent clubs, so thought he must be doing well. He certainly covers the right positions to be useful. Don't necessarily think he'd make the step up to PL, more one for the championship

Of the two mentioned I'd prefer Field

I expect us to remain interested in OBrien. He's a long term target going back to Wilder's previous spell

Both great servants over the past few seasons but now time to be released. The image of Fleck coming on as sub the other evening was a sad sight. At almost 33 yo he really did look out of condition at this level. Terrible that the squad (in Hecky’s mind at that point) was as weak as having Fleck as a sub.

i think chris has made his feelings known by putting younger players in before norwood fleck and osborn i think theres a chance all 3 might go in january
I disagree AB, whilst all three aren't good enough they'd have all been on the bench Saturday if available.

Yoof is fine but we had five u21s in our match day squad and that's a lot for a PL game.

I disagree AB, whilst all three aren't good enough they'd have all been on the bench Saturday if available.

Yoof is fine but we had five u21s in our match day squad and that's a lot for a PL game.
all 3 would struggle to get in a mid table championship starting 11 i would still move all 3 on either january or next summer they wont be good enough if were challenging for a top 6 spot

all 3 would struggle to get in a mid table championship starting 11 i would still move all 3 on either january or next summer they wont be good enough if were challenging for a top 6 spot
I agree they all need to go in the summer. Unfortunately all three would be options off the bench if we're wanting to hold onto a result. Peck, Sekiri etc aren't them type of players needed.

Peck came on against Brentford when we were holding onto a result.

Thought that was very Anti-Wilder. But either he’s told them to just relax as we’re already down, or he genuinely trusts these kids.

I reckon he’s gone in, taken the pressure off by saying, there’s literally no expectation, we’re at the bottom, best league in the world, go out and have fun and play your best football.

When Brooks said he basically just said “only Liverpool, init” I though that cemented his approach.

Hecky would’ve stressed them out maybe? I don’t know.

I think it’s quite an easy job for Wilder this season, there’s no massive expectation, I think he can do what he wants without there being pressure from above.

Back
Top Bottom