Norwich - Must win game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seems like the OP never learns with his knee jerk reactions. It’s not a must win at all stop talking out of your arse! I get the impression you seem to take some sort of pleasure in these type of results.

Drinks too much cola for a fourteen year old....

We should’ve been looking over our shoulders before this—there was far too much “no one should be thinking about relegation” going on among our fans. Less than half the season gone, a very tight table with everyone beating everyone else, and so a bad result or two was always going to put us within touching distance of a relegation scrap.

Complacency then leads to a total overreaction the moment one result doesn’t go our way.

We should’ve been looking over our shoulders before this—there was far too much “no one should be thinking about relegation” going on among our fans. Less than half the season gone, a very tight table with everyone beating everyone else, and so a bad result or two was always going to put us within touching distance of a relegation scrap.

Complacency then leads to a total overreaction the moment one result doesn’t go our way.

Indeed, found it hard to fathom how so many United fans could so completely write-off relegation as a possibility. Think we'll avoid it by all means, sure, but to not consider us in that mix is pure folly.

Another aspect might be the media. All the pundits had done minimal research so naturally wrote us off at the beginning of the season. Then they saw us play and noted that we were quite good. Suddenly they were tripping over themselves to say how great United and Wilder have been and we've become hugely overpraised. I think it's gone to a few heads.

Seems like the OP never learns with his knee jerk reactions. It’s not a must win at all stop talking out of your arse! I get the impression you seem to take some sort of pleasure in these type of results.
Every game mr lucas pipes up with a negative post. Cant wait for his itk in January.

What a load of Bollox
I preferred it when you pretended to be ITK
and pretended to know who we where supposed to be signing
You win nothing in December and don’t get relegated in December either
Any Blades who thought we were going to coast it this season , don’t know football or are as deluded as “ Dem Pigs 🐷

No, come May when you do get relegated you look back at Christmas as being an important part of staying up.

The wording might not be perfect for some but I agree, we need to get a couple of three pointers in the bag sharpish or we will slide..

Sliding down the table a bit is OK, and I expect us to. As long as we aren't in the bottom three at the end. That's always been the target.

23 games left to play. If from now on we only average a point a game, we finish safe on 42 points.

Wins are great, but no game is a "must win" unless we find ourselves needing a win to stay up at the end of the season.

It’s not a must win game in the bigger picture, but clearly over the season we need roughly 10 wins, this is one of the matches where we do have more chance of getting a result

Dropping too many points, draws aren't enough in this league, desperately need a win.

If we want Europa Cup football then I agree....we’re starting to lose pace on the top 5 or 6 clubs.
However if the aim is to stay up.....then an away draw at Norwich would be a satisfactory/ good result.

The signs are still good though..last night we looked a far superior side to Newcastle....so I’m still feeling good about our prospects.
Also the good news is......this defeat takes the spotlight away from Chris Wilder being the greater manager in the game....so he’s less likely to be poached.

If we don't win there will be no consequences.

Spot on. 'Must win' is just a knee jerk reaction and a bastardisation of the English language, in the same way that it is a 'tragedy' or 'catastrophe' when we lose; it is not, it is simply very disappointing.

We have 19 points from 15 games.

In the unlikely event we drew every one of the remaining 23 games. we'd end up with 42 points which would see us safe.

Can't we go back to slagging off individual players again?

I'm with Jay, if we don't win on Sunday I'm throwing my season ticket at Wilder.

Reactions: Dkc
Wigan at home on the last day of the season is/was a must win game. A must win implies that if we lose their will be a penalty awaiting i.e relegation. Now correct me if l am wrong but l am sure we still got loads of games to play after Sunday whatever happens.

I'm with Jay, if we don't win on Sunday I'm throwing my season ticket at Wilder.
Me too. After I’ve wrapped it in one of my turds. He should go back to driving busses or plumbing or whatever it was he did before he joined us.

On to another team that can shithouse with best of them on their day.
Spot on. 'Must win' is just a knee jerk reaction and a bastardisation of the English language, in the same way that it is a 'tragedy' or 'catastrophe' when we lose; it is not, it is simply very disappointing.

We have 19 points from 15 games.

In the unlikely event we drew every one of the remaining 23 games. we'd end up with 42 points which would see us safe.

Can't we go back to slagging off individual players again?

Fuckin bloody McBurnie!!!! :mad:🤣

We need 7 wins for safety - or 5 wins and 6 draws.

I would be amazed if we don't get to 40 points.

Early December is not the time for panic stations :rolleyes:

What the f....

One defeat and everyone loses their marbles.

Get a grip of yourselves and enjoy the ride.

No, come May when you do get relegated you look back at Christmas as being an important part of staying up.
I’ve seen our team relegated from every division we’ve played in I’ve seen our team promoted as champions twice , seen us lose playoff finals and semi finals.
So no this Sunday’s game is not a must win game
Beating Walsall was a must win game
Beating Wigan was a must win game
Beating a team nailed on for relegation ( Norwich ) in December isn’t and can never be classed as a must win game

I want this to be the game where McBurnie comes good with a hat trick and McGoldrick breaks his duck.

3 points would be nice too.

I agree we were far superior to Newcastle, I can understand Sharp/Mcburnie playing cos we needed an Ariial threat against 12 men behind the ball (ref included) Norwich we’ll get more space so Moose/Didsy back!!!

I agree we were far superior to Newcastle, I can understand Sharp/Mcburnie playing cos we needed an Ariial threat against 12 men behind the ball (ref included) Norwich we’ll get more space so Moose/Didsy back!!!
Plus a team starting with Andy Carroll , tells ya all you need to know bout Bruce’s tactics ,
They play like palace away soak up the pressure as the home team have to attack, then score and sit back with 11 in the box
It’s why Palace won so many away last season but were shit at home

9 times out of 10 we’d have beat Newcastle, just one of those games, we’re doing just fine UTB

It is a game I really want us to win, but truly "must win" games only happen when you bring mathematics into it, & hopefully we will have amassed enough points before then for it not to apply to us.

Remember this time last year when we lost to West Brom. Autos were done and we probably weren’t good enough to get in the play offs either.

We’re doomed I tell ya.

I agree with the won’t be end of world if we avoid defeat, with our goal difference that means they would have to win 4 and we lose 4 or draw one etc to make a difference if we draw Sunday

I think even with a win it’s not going to remove us from looking over our shoulder, this league is so tight you only need one bad run to drop in it or one good run to drag away from it and we have seen nothing to suggest this season that we can’t go on a run and pull ourselves away

Back
Top Bottom