Nine Players who could be going in Jan Window

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Every team has an Osbourne! A player that will bust a gut for the team he has no specific position but will play anywhere just for a shirt and as we don’t have any players in form at the moment he gets plenty of game time until we find a system of being ‘good’ again and he’ll end up being on tne subs bench

My guess is that we've already been given some clues about who the new manager will want to move on in January.

Moose, McBurnie, Verrips, Freeman, Slater and possibly Burke - some may be encouraged to leave as their contracts are running down, some may be loans to give them some football and increase their "motivation"

Berge may be the one of the few players who will attract a bid, depending on how he demonstrates his fitness.

That leaves an effective 1st team squad of only 20 to 23 players, depending on loan recalls and not counting too many of the untried youngsters.

Room for a couple in at CM or CB

Oliver Burke​

Michael Verrips​

Jack Robinson​

Luke Freeman​

I would imagine these are the ones we will be looking at moving on in January.

Burke to Boro, Verrips on loan or permanently back to Belgium/Holland - promote Dewhurst to 3rd keeper. Robinson to Forest and Freeman will make a Championship move, potentially to someone like Coventry.

We will sell Berge if we can get £15m, but we won't, so he will stay. I also think we will look to move on McBurnie and bring Jebbison back, I'm just not sure we will get the asking price for OMB (£12m?)

I would imagine these are the ones we will be looking at moving on in January.

Burke to Boro, Verrips on loan or permanently back to Belgium/Holland - promote Dewhurst to 3rd keeper. Robinson to Forest and Freeman will make a Championship move, potentially to someone like Coventry.

We will sell Berge if we can get £15m, but we won't, so he will stay. I also think we will look to move on McBurnie and bring Jebbison back, I'm just not sure we will get the asking price for OMB (£12m?)
Dewhurst is out on loan atm and needs to stay there imo. If the Bristol bench is anything to go by Eastwood has replaced Verrips as third string keeper.

Dewhurst is out on loan atm and needs to stay there imo. If the Bristol bench is anything to go by Eastwood has replaced Verrips as third string keeper.
Verrips is out due to concussion protocol which is why didn't make bench against Bristol.

But yeah think he'll be gone soon anyway.

Verrips is out due to concussion protocol which is why didn't make bench against Bristol.

But yeah think he'll be gone soon anyway.
Ahhh didnt realise he’d picked up an injury

Personally I think anyone with any high value will go even more so if we’re not near the top 6 that includes Brewster, McBernie, Berge, Egan there’s potentially £60-80 million and any high earner Verrips came on a free so I’m guessing he’ll be on good money for a 3rd choice keeper the loanees may have to stay because of contracts signed.

Nine Sheffield United players who could leave in January as Slavisa Jokanovic eyes squad revamp.

With United now possessing one of the largest wage bills in this division and a squad of players nowhere near top form, it won't be easy to move as many on and bring in suitable replacements in one window.

The club is clearly in transition with the need for a plan of how to attack the next two to three windows.

But there must be some action in January to start this process.

Oliver Burke​

Conor Hourihane​

Michael Verrips​

Regan Slater​

Jack Robinson​

Chris Basham​

David McGoldrick​

Luke Freeman​

Sander Berge​

Yorkshire Live
For me:

Definitely:

Burke
Verrips
Robinson

Fee permitting:

Berge
McBurnie
Moussett

Try to keep:

MGW - loan
Hourihane - loan
Bash
McGoldrick
Freeman

Try to sign (based on the above happening):

Striker
Defender (CB
Midfielder

For me:

Definitely:

Burke
Verrips
Robinson

Fee permitting:

Berge
McBurnie
Moussett

Try to keep:

MGW - loan
Hourihane - loan
Bash
McGoldrick
Freeman

Try to sign (based on the above happening):

Striker
Defender (CB
Midfielder

Pretty much agree with that 💯 except possibly Freeman

Also not sure about the number of incomings even if we got fees for the players mentioned

Mousset is the frustrating one isn't he?

On his day he's a very dangerous striker and you can see by his minutes per goal that when he does play, he can be effective.

But when is that. He'd be great for cups. He plays infrequently and can do something memorable in one off matches. But to rely on him for a 46 game season would be reckless.

We won't miss Burke at all. It would be nice if we didn't just have to give him away to save his wages. I don't see what we will miss by McBurnie going. He seems more happy to be a nuisance than a danger. On Saturday he was more than happy to nudge one of their players in the back and give away a soft foul. But when it came to doing his job, he walked into trouble a few times and was hardly any use at corners when defending either.

Oli Burke is a bit of a curiosity…I dont think we’ve ever played him in his most effective position. I think it’s clear he’ll never be a striker; but is there a chance he’d have made a no10? He‘s not all about running fast, which is the role we’ve given him, some of his through balls have been intelligent and creative. He came through as an attacking midfielder. So mebbe he’d have been better deployed deeper. I don’t know if it would have worked but it’s bizarre it’s never been tried.

Oli Burke is a bit of a curiosity…I dont think we’ve ever played him in his most effective position. I think it’s clear he’ll never be a striker; but is there a chance he’d have made a no10? He‘s not all about running fast, which is the role we’ve given him, some of his through balls have been intelligent and creative. He came through as an attacking midfielder. So mebbe he’d have been better deployed deeper. I don’t know if it would have worked but it’s bizarre it’s never been tried.
He can do the running fast in a straight line bit it’s all the other stuff he struggles with

Personally I think anyone with any high value will go even more so if we’re not near the top 6 that includes Brewster, McBernie, Berge, Egan there’s potentially £60-80 million and any high earner Verrips came on a free so I’m guessing he’ll be on good money for a 3rd choice keeper the loanees may have to stay because of contracts signed.
60-80 MILLION FFS YOUR MEDS ARE GOOD

I hear what you’re saying but how much would you be asking for 3 players that cost £60 plus million and a defender who must be worst a few million ?
Do well to get close to 40mil for that lot mate, it’s not a case of how much we’d be asking or how much we spent (or how much we were fleeced) it’s a case of how much are they really worth

January

Try and move on:

Freeman
Mousset
Burke
Slater
Eastwood
Verrips

Most on high wages and not contributing.

For the right fee:

Berge
Brewster
McBurnie

I'd let Sharp, Bash and McGoldrick's contracts run down. See if they're interested in coaching, if so offer a player/coach. If not, let them go. We need to build for the future. I'd let Robinson's run down just because how difficult it is to get a LCB.

I'd offer Osborn a new contract. Steady, covers a number of positions, Hard-working. reliable.

January

Try and move on:

Freeman
Mousset
Burke
Slater
Eastwood
Verrips

Most on high wages and not contributing.

For the right fee:

Berge
Brewster
McBurnie

I'd let Sharp, Bash and McGoldrick's contracts run down. See if they're interested in coaching, if so offer a player/coach. If not, let them go. We need to build for the future. I'd let Robinson's run down just because how difficult it is to get a LCB.

I'd offer Osborn a new contract. Steady, covers a number of positions, Hard-working. reliable.

So, theoretically, if we were to sell/release everyone on your list, next summer we could end up with Dan Jebbison as our only striker?

So, theoretically, if we were to sell/release everyone on your list, next summer we could end up with Dan Jebbison as our only striker?

Burke - 2 million pa - contributed nothing. Rarely fit.
Mousset - 2 million pa - never fit. Never played 90 minutes
McBurnie - 2 million pa with a potential high single millions fee. Done virtually nothing over the last year and it looks like he might have an attitude/application problem. PH has worked with him before and I suggest whether he stays or not will depend on their relationship.

Brewster - again 2 million pa and a high single figure fee. He's clearly been improving with games so I guess it depends on what PH sees of him in training. Can he learn the basics he doesn't have about being a striker? I suspect we'd accept a decent offer though but I think it's worth persevering until the end of the season.

Sharp - 36 next year. Depends on him, I guess. If he'd take a reduced contract than as long as he's performing at the same level in say March then worth a year. Especially if he wants to coach as well. It would depend, I guess, on what Billy wants to do. I can't see him starting regularly next season unless we're stuck with the same players.
McGoldrick - 35 next year. Same as above really.

I think the thing about the elder players is, if we can't get shut of Burke, McBurnie and Brewster, and they're not performing, then you have 5 potentially expensive strikers on your books who would, I assume, be unhappy to be behind Jebbo,, Ndiaye Ayari, Hackworth etc. And if they start causing trouble it unsettles everyone else.

Even if you'd rather have Billy and Didsy for another year instead of the rest, we might not have a choice. Considering the clubs sniffing around some of the young players, we can only keep them if they get a chance. They currently have a large pile of expensive deadwood in front of them. I think Jebbo and Ndiaye have thus far earned the right to be given a chance in the first team next season. There are just too many blockers at the moment.

And, I would suggest that even if PH wanted to bring a different kind of striker in, he simply wouldn't be able to.

We need to rebuild. We've stated that we need a youth pathway. We need to cut the wage bill significantly. We need to generate income. Something has to give.

If the club are doing their job right,they should be well advanced in negotiations with other clubs to get the players they want out,on their way.By the time the window opens it should be mostly T crossing and I dotting.We don't have any more time to waste screwing up Windows,and if things are not well advanced for the outgoings,it's just going to descend into late and probably fruitless negotiations over types of deal and who pays what that collapse at a minute to deadline time.This also will no doubt affect who we can bring in,so the groundwork needs to have been happening in the background ready for instant action and announcements on 1/1/22.

Obvious departures are Verrips, Freeman and Moose, who've yet to get a minute under Hecky.

Can't see Robinson leaving as we already need another CB, even if Davies stays

I'd like to see Burke move on and possibly Mcburnie but with Jebbison back.

We need a big, mobile lad in CM

Wes, Olsen, Eastwood
Egan, Basham, Davies, Robinson , AN other
Bogle, Baldock, Stevens, RND
Norwood, Hourihane, Berge, Fleck , Big lad
MGW, Ndayie, Didzy
Sharp, Brewster, Jebbison

Wouldn't be the worst squad to see us to the end of the season

Could see coubily ( sp.) coming into the fold to ensure that he qualifies for his work permit and to enable us to look at him.

An attacking midfielder? It’s about as bizarre as never having tried Foderingham there.

If Burke wasn’t lightning quick, he would not have made it as a professional footballer.

Slater - Hull.
RND - Stoke.
Berge - Newcastle.
Mousse - Turkey, club not confirmed, but he's gone.. No more Sunday league kick abouts in the Hope Valley..🙄🙄 🩹🩹

Jebbeson - Everton, that's likely too with a bigger fee and some add ons... Not Blades related but DCL on Newcastles radar as well.. So they're back for the bargain deal, which they now (thank fuck) won't get.

Oh and Sunderland will come again for Sharp... Because he will get them over the line.. And then some, Billy stays BTW as a player coach after the season...

Just me pissing about, I'm not ITK... Its just what I think might happen... Possibly a bit too much egg nog.. Ho Ho Ho..

But as they say, throw enough darts, might hit a bullseye.

Back
Top Bottom