Nine Players who could be going in Jan Window

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Belvedere Blade

Reaction score
Nine Sheffield United players who could leave in January as Slavisa Jokanovic eyes squad revamp.

With United now possessing one of the largest wage bills in this division and a squad of players nowhere near top form, it won't be easy to move as many on and bring in suitable replacements in one window.

The club is clearly in transition with the need for a plan of how to attack the next two to three windows.

But there must be some action in January to start this process.

Oliver Burke​

Conor Hourihane​

Michael Verrips​

Regan Slater​

Jack Robinson​

Chris Basham​

David McGoldrick​

Luke Freeman​

Sander Berge​

Yorkshire Live

It's a lot cheaper to recruit a manager who can motivate a team, play 5 at the back and be tactically astute. If that happens it would be a Blessin

The first team squad has definitely ran it's course, and many players need a change in scenary to reignite their careers. However I think trying to shift some of these players on will prove tough going. Hopefully plans are already being made on who should be moved on. I honestly think we should listen to reasonable offers for any first team player with the exception of Ndiaye. And look to either sign younger replacements or bring through some of our youth prospects. This must be managed carefully though so as to not end up with a first team full of inexperienced players who may struggle at the wrong end of the table.

It's a lot cheaper to recruit a manager who can motivate a team, play 5 at the back and be tactically astute. If that happens it would be a

The first team squad has definitely ran it's course, and many players need a change in scenary to reignite their careers. However I think trying to shift some of these players on will prove tough going. Hopefully plans are already being made on who should be moved on. I honestly think we should listen to reasonable offers for any first team player with the exception of Ndiaye. And look to either sign younger replacements or bring through some of our youth prospects. This must be managed carefully though so as to not end up with a first team full of inexperienced players who may struggle at the wrong end of the table.
Roll on January .... hope we all arnt to dissapointed at the end?!

“Oliver Burke​

Conor Hourihane​

Michael Verrips​

Regan Slater​

Jack Robinson​

Chris Basham​

David McGoldrick​

Luke Freeman​

Sander Berge”​

Sell the players who have barely played and keep the ones who have played the majority of games and got us to 18th in the league 😂

Sell mcgoldrick who’s barely played this season and was player of the season in the prem last season and Berge who is better than fleck/Norwood put together

Nine Sheffield United players who could leave in January as Slavisa Jokanovic eyes squad revamp.

With United now possessing one of the largest wage bills in this division and a squad of players nowhere near top form, it won't be easy to move as many on and bring in suitable replacements in one window.

The club is clearly in transition with the need for a plan of how to attack the next two to three windows.

Oliver Burke​

Conor Hourihane​

Michael Verrips​

Regan Slater​

Jack Robinson​

Chris Basham​

David McGoldrick​

Luke Freeman​

Sander Berge​

Yorkshire Live
That would leave us a bit short ! No chance of signing 9 better players in the JTW : three would be surprising !

My list would be all the players who are past it and who offer nothing for the future going f

Sharp
Stevens
Fleck
Osborn

Would be at the top of the list
You might do us all a favour and turn off your WIFI....you can still write messages but it would be greatly appreciated by the members if we didn't have to see them.

You might do us all a favour and turn off your WIFI....you can still write messages but it would be greatly appreciated by the members if we didn't have to see them.

Nobody is forcing you to read/reply/interact with my messages

Thanks Nagima

My list would be all the players who are past it and who offer nothing for the future going f

Sharp
Stevens
Fleck
Osborn

Would be at the top of the list

What happened to you as a child to make you so desperately crave attention from some random people on the internet?

What happened to you as a child to make you so desperately crave attention from some random people on the internet?

It’s not looking for attention it’s my opinion if you think I’m looking for attention don’t reply to my messages simple

Oliver Burke​

Conor Hourihane​

Michael Verrips​

Regan Slater​

Jack Robinson​

Chris Basham​

David McGoldrick​

Luke Freeman​

Sander Berge​

Yorkshire Live

Oliver Burke - Good luck with that

Conor Hourihane - We've paid for the season. No way we just give that up as a sunk cost

Michael Verrips - Is he still around?

Regan Slater - Only didn't leave in the summer because he was injured, he'll go

Jack Robinson - Contract expires in the summer, why bother?

Chris Basham - Contract expires in the summer, why bother?

David McGoldrick - Contract expires in the summer, why bother?

Luke Freeman - Contract expires in the summer, why bother?

Sander Berge - Injured.

I've stopped biting, pal. This bloke is deffo on the WU.

Who exactly am I winding up ?

Do you genuinely think Ben Osborn is good enough to play as a winger for a team who wants to be play offs at a bare minimum

He’s a runner and tackler he has never ever been a winger and definitely not one good enough for a team chasing promotion

Do you genuinely think Ben Osborn is good enough to play as a winger for a team who wants to be play offs at a bare minimum

He’s a runner and tackler he has never ever been a winger and definitely not one good enough for a team chasing promotion

Team chasing promotion? Where’ve you been?

Ben Osborn always gives 100%, never gives up from the first minute to the last, even when played out of position, which is just the type of player we need in a team that are simply hoping to avoid relegation.

Ben Osborn always gives 100%, never gives up from the first minute to the last, even when played out of position, which is just the type of player we need in a team that are simply hoping to avoid relegation.

You ever though the reason we’re now a team who wanted automatic promotion who is now nearer the relegation places down to that

Fleck/stevens/sharp/Osborn are playing like bottom half champ players which is why that’s where we are

No I don't think he's good enough to play as a winger. What I do think though is that he is probably one of only a couple or three players who actually gives 100% week in week out and looks like he gives a toss. That's what I want to see. Yes, results are important, of course they are, but first and foremost, I want to see you giving your all for that shirt. It's all we ask for as fans. Ben Osborn is the epitome of that. Unlike someone you've been clamouring to "get a run in the side".

If it were up to me, I'd go back to 5-3-2 and put Ozzy in the LCM position and bin Fleck off. We need to start back with the fundamentals as to why the squad was so successful to begin with, and if that means reverting back to what we know works at this level until Slav can build a team around his own players, then so be it.

Just my two-penneth.

If it were up to me, I'd go back to 5-3-2 and put Ozzy in the LCM position and bin Fleck off. We need to start back with the fundamentals as to why the squad was so successful to begin with, and if that means reverting back to what we know works at this level until Slav can build a team around his own players, then so be it.

That means JOC suddenly becoming un-injured

Or Davies. He can't be too far off now surely.

We've tried at least half a dozen players in that position since JOC became injured and we've been summarily wank regardless of who played, I don't see why Davies would be any different

No I don't think he's good enough to play as a winger. What I do think though is that he is probably one of only a couple or three players who actually gives 100% week in week out and looks like he gives a toss. That's what I want to see. Yes, results are important, of course they are, but first and foremost, I want to see you giving your all for that shirt. It's all we ask for as fans. Ben Osborn is the epitome of that. Unlike someone you've been clamouring to "get a run in the side".

Just my two-penneth.
still think osborns best position is lwb gets up and down that left flank better than any others weve got for that position too lightweight in midfield for me we need more physicality in there for me

Headless chicken..

Back
Top Bottom