Next Season!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Obviously we'll have ins and outs but if we were to start next season with our current group (lets imagine Mousset is injury free), this is the sort of team I think Slav would put out. Pace of Moose and Burke as inside forwards who can rotate. Wingbacks making overlapping/underlapping runs. Attacking chaos.

View attachment 114003
Sorry but there’s no way Baldock won’t be in the team unless he’s sold.

Sorry but there’s no way Baldock won’t be in the team unless he’s sold.
i actually think baldock is better as right back in a back 4 his crossing just isnt good enough for a wing back im hoping sj plays 433 next season

I always thought Cyrus Christie was Fulham's most impressive player under jokanovic ( whats he up to these days )and always thought someone like that would thrive in our system

Think one thing that is for certain is we don’t have the personnel for 433 which I think is what he will play by the way.

We are lacking the 2 key players to play that way the left and right sided forwards. Mousset in theory is suited to that left side as is Burke but in reality they are far from what we need. And should both be moved on unless we keep Burke for back up purposes.

I also don’t see room for McGoldrick in a 433 so that going to be interesting.

Think one thing that is for certain is we don’t have the personnel for 433 which I think is what he will play by the way.

We are lacking the 2 key players to play that way the left and right sided forwards. Mousset in theory is suited to that left side as is Burke but in reality they are far from what we need. And should both be moved on unless we keep Burke for back up purposes.

well theirs gonna be new signings anyway so i hope its 433 baldock and bogle would be a very good combination down the right

well theirs gonna be new signings anyway so i hope its 433 baldock and bogle would be a very good combination down the right
New signings are inevitable or at least I hope they are. I am quietly confident that he’s been promised a good budget I just don’t see him taking the job otherwise

Bogle on the right of the front 3 is not something I had considered and could work very well..

Front three of Sessensausage Brewster Bogle

When Slav was at Al-Gharafa he mostly played with a 4231 formation, certainly did for the last 10 games or so:

Attachments

• 20210529_062128.jpg
    20210529_062128.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 31
New signings are inevitable or at least I hope they are. I am quietly confident that he’s been promised a good budget I just don’t see him taking the job otherwise

Bogle on the right of the front 3 is not something I had considered and could work very well..

Front three of Sessensausage Brewster Bogle

Bogle is a RB / RWB - if you're going to play him up front, why not give him a go in goal as well?

Burke is the only player in the current squad that could play there - his limiting factors however are lack of end product and lack of vision.

I actually think they would be better suited to that than the roles they have been asked to play this last season
I've been crying out for us to play then both in wide roles ( fitness permitting ) as I think you would get the best use of their pace ,physicality and ability use their feet and strength to get out of tight positions .for example I thought Burke played this role really well in our early season game v Leeds and was a constant menace down that side and a great out ball

I'm not saying they don't have shortcomings in their game bit I think if you gave them a very tactically limited role of shoeing forvtye ball offensively and quickly getting back into shape defensively I think you would see the best of them don't forget Burke had a strong season in Spain at right wing back so he can play that role

Mousse very much depends on fitness and attitude but who's not to say slavisa can get the best out of him

I thought one of the key criteria for a new manager was that they'd stick with wingbacks as the primary formation to save a big overhaul of personnel.

Would be very surprising if we went to 4 at the back. I think there will be tweaks to the formation but nothing drastic

I always thought Cyrus Christie was Fulham's most impressive player under jokanovic ( whats he up to these days )and always thought someone like that would thrive in our system
Cyrus was on loan to Forrest after Hughton took charge. He doesn't appear to be PL standard but does well enough at championship level. I am not sure that RB is a priority area for us.

Cyrus was on loan to Forrest after Hughton took charge. He doesn't appear to be PL standard but does well enough at championship level. I am not sure that RB is a priority area for us.
Nah maybe not I'm being a bit nostalgic

Nah maybe not I'm being a bit nostalgic
Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia. We all have players in our head that made an impression on us. Lets hope any new players we get in will make a positive impact and 10 years down the road we can look back and say good player him.

I thought one of the key criteria for a new manager was that they'd stick with wingbacks as the primary formation to save a big overhaul of personnel.

Would be very surprising if we went to 4 at the back. I think there will be tweaks to the formation but nothing drastic
I would be very surprised if he didn`t play a back four. That`s his style.

It makes no sense to appoint a new manager and to try to restrict him to copying the previous manager`s pattern of play.

But remember that we only have players suited to one system , subsequently everyone has to be sold and other players who understand a different system brought in

This dude has contacts with the board as far as I know

I'm as ever proudly NITFK but that mirrors my thoughts re Cairney exactly. I'd also be very surprised if we were in for Mitrovic for pretty much those same reasons.

Back
Top Bottom