Next Season!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Upton_Blade

Reaction score
So now that Big Slav has now been unveiled this is what he has to work with as it's stands right now assuming the OOC players aren't retained. I've also included the U23's that have been around the 1st team squad this season.

GK: Ramsdale, Verrips, Foderingham.
RB/RWB: Baldock, Bogle, Seriki.
CB: Egan, Bash, JOC, Robinson, Gordan.
LB/LWB: Stevens, Lowe, RND.
MF: Fleck, Norwood, Osborn, Berge, Freeman, Brunt, Ayari.
FW: Didzy, Sharp, Brewster, McBurnie, Burke, Moose, Jebbo.

Not sure about anyone else but that looks really lopsided.

Bare in mind Slav's preference for 433 or 4231 I can see quite a lot of changes in the summer as I just don't see how a lot of those players fit in with either system.

If I'm being generous we could perhaps look like:

Rammers
Bogle/Egan/JOC/RND
Berge/Norwood/Fleck
Freeman/Take your Pick/Burke

Rammers
Bogle/Egan/JOC/RND
BergeNorwood
Freeman/Didzy/Burke
Take your Pick

In reality Berge will be gone, and possibly another that isn't as obvious, but if we assume that's the case and I'm being realistic of what I think we'll need for a Top 2 challenge then the picture looks like this.

Rammers
Bogle/Egan/JOC/RND
New Signing/New Signing/Fleck
New Signing/Take your Pick/New Signing

Rammers
Bogle/Egan/JOC/RND
New Signing/New Signing
New Signing/New Signing/New Signing
Take your Pick

We'll also need squad players as well so it's a big summer ahead.

So now that Big Slav has now been unveiled this is what he has to work with as it's stands right now assuming the OOC players aren't retained. I've also included the U23's that have been around the 1st team squad this season.

Bare in mind Slav's preference for 433 or 4231 I can see quite a lot of changes in the summer as I just don't see how a lot of those players fit in with either system.

Rammers
Bogle/Egan/JOC/RND
Berge/Norwood/Fleck

Rammers
Bogle/Egan/JOC/RND
BergeNorwood
Freeman/Didzy/Burke
Take your Pick

In reality Berge will be gone, and possibly another that isn't as obvious, but if we assume that's the case and I'm being realistic of what I think we'll need for a Top 2 challenge then the picture looks like this.

Rammers
Bogle/Egan/JOC/RND

Rammers
Bogle/Egan/JOC/RND
New Signing/New Signing
Take your Pick

I dont think JOC will be involved much next season sadly, which seems to be in all ur suggested lineups.

I do think Slav will bring Coulibaly back from loan however which isn't someone you've included

I dont think JOC will be involved much next season sadly, which seems to be in all ur suggested lineups.

I do think Slav will bring Coulibaly back from loan however which isn't someone you've included

I'm trying to keep positive. If he isn't back, and Slav goes to a back 4, then that leaves a massive gap to fill.

2 new centre backs will be needed whichever system we play egan will be sold and joc wont be fit for start of the season play 4 at the back and get another body higher up the pitch

Some fans seem to forget that the club is stepping down a division next season. It would make sense to use some of the more experienced players at Championship level, to get the team promoted. The likes of Sharp, Basham and McGoldrick could go out on a high if they can contribute to promotion next season.
A number of players with Championship experience, were bought for just this eventuality. Jack Robinson comes to mind. Kean Bryan has improved at Prem level, no reason why he can’t carry on that improvement at a lower level?
Bogle, Lowe and Osborne can all cut it at championship level too.
Far too much negativity about the current squad. The forwards should all start with a clean sheet under the new manager. He is known as a slow starter, so I suggest that most of the current squad could serve us well, if they are given ten games to prove themselves under a new boss and a new system.
Give the older members a chance to show what they have learned over the last few years, and a chance to go out at the top of their game, at a level they are comfortable with.

Rammers
Bogle/Egan/JOC/RND
Berge/Norwood/Fleck

Rammers
Bogle/Egan/JOC/RND
BergeNorwood
Freeman/Didzy/Burke
Take your Pick

Rammers
Bogle/Egan/JOC/RND

Rammers
Bogle/Egan/JOC/RND
New Signing/New Signing
Take your Pick

Good job we appointed Slav and not you !!!

Imagine if we got Sessegnon on loan, Mitrovic wants to reunite with his fellow country man Jokanovic, Coulibaly comes back from loan and we somehow manage to keep hold of Berge 😍😍😍
I agree but Berge has never naturally suited us + never will - if we keep him it will a case of shoe-horning him into the side , which is not ideal despite his obvious qualities.
I want my midfielders (in the Championship) to be capable of heading a ball , especially if they are 6'5"

2 new centre backs will be needed whichever system we play egan will be sold and joc wont be fit for start of the season play 4 at the back and get another body higher up the pitch
Egan might just give us one season but we desperately need a bigger stronger CB or indeed two of the beasts + you can bet that Boris the Blade will SNATCH them up soon.

Some fans seem to forget that the club is stepping down a division next season. It would make sense to use some of the more experienced players at Championship level, to get the team promoted. The likes of Sharp, Basham and McGoldrick could go out on a high if they can contribute to promotion next season.
A number of players with Championship experience, were bought for just this eventuality. Jack Robinson comes to mind. Kean Bryan has improved at Prem level, no reason why he can’t carry on that improvement at a lower level?
Far too much negativity about the current squad. The forwards should all start with a clean sheet under the new manager. He is known as a slow starter, so I suggest that most of the current squad could serve us well, if they are given ten games to prove themselves under a new boss and a new system.
Give the older members a chance to show what they have learned over the last few years, and a chance to go out at the top of their game, at a level they are comfortable with.
The summer transfer window closes before Boris the Blade can give a 10 game trial to the likes of MooseFat , McKnob , dear old Sharpie , Brewster's Millions , speedboat no driver Burke , mistake-ridden Norwood , Fatty Fleck , Shakin Stevens etc etc.
They will have to impress him big style in pre-season or they'll be chopped , packed & despatched.

Robinson Bryan Bogle Lowe & Osborne have the potential to do it at Championship level + should be given the chance initially

Bare in mind Slav's preference for 433 or 4231

https://eachgameasitcomes.com/watford-season-2014-5-a-tactical-review/

352.jpg

👀👀👀

I agree but Berge has never naturally suited us + never will - if we keep him it will a case of shoe-horning him into the side , which is not ideal despite his obvious qualities.
I want my midfielders (in the Championship) to be capable of heading a ball , especially if they are 6'5"
Not sure I agree Keen. He certainly didn't suit us under the Wilder / Heckinbottom and how they set the team up, but none of us know whether or not Jokanovic has a role in mind which will really suit him.

Not sure I agree Keen. He certainly didn't suit us under the Wilder / Heckinbottom and how they set the team up, but none of us know whether or not Jokanovic has a role in mind which will really suit him.
I live in hope and one never knows one's luck until one returns one's barrow to the depot

Obviously we'll have ins and outs but if we were to start next season with our current group (lets imagine Mousset is injury free), this is the sort of team I think Slav would put out. Pace of Moose and Burke as inside forwards who can rotate. Wingbacks making overlapping/underlapping runs. Attacking chaos.

lineup (1).png

Wait and then compare it to what the new manager does nd then you will know.
In the meantime you should seek your lost sense of humour .
Well he’s already suggested Dids and Mitrovic starting up top, which won’t happen, and Berge wouldn’t be any good for Slav.
He then suggested/questioned the work permit for Coulibaly when he’d be fine this summer, it’s next season he’ll struggle.
Don’t let the WUM get to you, although he might not be winding and just be an idiot.

Well he’s already suggested Dids and Mitrovic starting up top, which won’t happen, and Berge wouldn’t be any good for Slav.
He then suggested/questioned the work permit for Coulibaly when he’d be fine this summer, it’s next season he’ll struggle.
Don’t let the WUM get to you, although he might not be winding and just be an idiot.
I think you may be confused here , unless you are trying to stir shit up between Snowflake & me , when it's between UptonBlade & Snowflake !

I think you may be confused here , unless you are trying to stir shit up between Snowflake & me , when it's between UptonBlade & Snowflake !
You are correct I’m confused, I should have just replied to you. Apologies for calling you an idiot, I believed you’d called someone a prick. Are you on a wind up though?

Slav playing a 2 and one of those being Dids?
Berge not working in a Slav team and Coulibaly not getting a work permit?

Back
Top Bottom