New view of Lane re-development

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Any wag mentioned the freehold yet?

Yet another career dream at Sheffield United smashed to smithereens on the altar of knowing what you're talking about.

It really is such a fucking shame......

Strange that, not like you to be a bitch! Consider me shocked. Being an architect isn't a 'career at Sheffield United' btw.

Shame you can't make an argument without resorting to name calling and personal insults. Especially when you're only capable of making an insult from the safety of anonimity.

You started the insults with a totally needless dig, but obviously that doesn't count because it wasn't direct name calling! But you go ahead and claim that moral high ground.... while pretending you'd be anything like as disrespectful without your anonymity.

Personally loving the thousand foot Billy Sharp mural on three side of new corner. Recent image as well, proving that this is a fresh image and the plans are still current.

You started the insults with a totally needless dig, but obviously that doesn't count because it wasn't direct name calling! But you go ahead and claim that moral high ground.... while pretending you'd be anything like as disrespectful without your anonymity.

There's a difference between a tongue in cheek dig at someone's questionable expertise and calling someone a tosspot. I could escalate this by calling you something worse but I won't as this will only reduce me to your pitiful level of reasoning.

Strange that, not like you to be a bitch! Consider me shocked. Being an architect isn't a 'career at Sheffield United' btw.

Well we've had scout ( where's that French bloke you championed for quite some time?

Advisor to Adkins to let him know who of Cloughs signings was any good. You really put yourself forward for that one whatever you may pretend now. And laughingly, you believed it.

If I was a bitch, I'd have mentioned your mentally deficient posts on the Wycome and Derby boards.

You are corect though, it's not an SUFC opportunity. Obviously it's a push for a place at the top table, Scarborough Group. Can't believe I missed it. Go for it, but keep Teddy close just in case.

Sleep tight.

There's a difference between a tongue in cheek dig at someone's questionable expertise and calling someone a tosspot. I could escalate this by calling you something worse but I won't as this will only reduce me to your pitiful level of reasoning.

Ah, tongue in cheek now was it. Classic pitiful retort.

Well we've had scout ( where's that French bloke you championed for quite some time?

Him with almost every physical and technical attribute who decided to waste his career? Silly me for not reading his mind.

Advisor to Adkins to let him know who of Cloughs signings was any good. You really put yourself forward for that one whatever you may pretend now. And laughingly, you believed it.

Adkins could've blatantly learned things by talking to our fans (although ideally any remaining staff). Because what he knew was nothing. He made McEveley captain FFS.

If I was a bitch, I'd have mentioned your mentally deficient posts on the Wycome and Derby boards.

You just did. For the 400th time. Congratulations.

Let's argue and argue and argue about the same (years) old things for many hours...... come on, you know you want to.

Ah, tongue in cheek now was it. Classic pitiful retort.

Him with almost every physical and technical attribute who decided to waste his career? Silly me for not reading his mind.

Adkins could've blatantly learned things by talking to our fans (although ideally any remaining staff). Because what he knew was nothing. He made McEveley captain FFS.

You just did. For the 400th time. Congratulations.

Let's argue and argue and argue about the same (years) old things for many hours...... come on, you know you want to.

Says the man still following Clough around.

Adkins, however poor he was here, would have had much more access to stats, videos and professional opinions than an old bloke like me, a twenty something like you with just a huge narcissistic view of his own expertise, or any other fan on here. but anyway, Youve moved on to property development now. Maybe Alan Sugar should be the next move as his apprentice?

Malta. That's it. He's playing for some Maltese club, unless the words "contract terminated" have slapped him around the chops again.

Says the man still following Clough around.

Adkins, however poor he was here, would have had much more access to stats, videos and professional opinions than an old bloke like me, a twenty something like you with just a huge narcissistic view of his own expertise, or any other fan on here. but anyway, Youve moved on to property development now. Maybe Alan Sugar should be the next move as his apprentice?

Malta. That's it. He's playing for some Maltese club, unless the words "contract terminated" have slapped him around the chops again.

Well if you say I've moved on to property development, then I guess that's what I must have done. That's how it works isn't it!

No doubt Adkins had that access but he didn't seem to use it. He seemed very complacent. He had a whole pre season and still reached horribly wrong conclusions. He wouldn't have done any worse by listening to sensible fans.

Define following Clough around. Cheers.

Well if you say I've moved on to property development, then I guess that's what I must have done. That's how it works isn't it!

No doubt Adkins had that access but he didn't seem to use it. He seemed very complacent. He had a whole pre season and still reached horribly wrong conclusions. He wouldn't have done any worse by listening to sensible fans.

Define following Clough around. Cheers.

I just assumed as you'd said how things could work you knew what you were talking about. Seems you didn't. My bad. Again.

Use the search app. Keywords Brayford and Clough ( who left how long ago? )

I just assumed as you'd said how things could work you knew what you were talking about. Seems you didn't. My bad. Again.

Use the search app. Keywords Brayford and Clough ( who left how long ago? )

You didn't assume anything though, you just sensed an opportunity to be 'hilarious'.

I just did that search, and you wouldn't believe how many others on here have posted about him - honestly, it's incredible.

LOL. From the guy who thought Brayford was still quality and had a big role to play.

It wouldn't be twice as tall though would it? But you have a point if the spacing requirements are significantly higher - maybe the 2 or 3k extra wouldn't be feasible.... shame you can't make your point without being an argumentative little tosspot though. I'd be happy with a steeper rake and the same capacity - the view is the main thing. The capacity could be increased by the South Stand extension long term.

I'd also say that there is scope for the Kop to be significantly taller, but ideally it shouldn't go any further back from the pitch. And if the South Stand was extended, a taller Kop wouldn't look as out of place.
The best way to redevelop the top is to make it two tear would add to the atmosphere and also possible to increase capacity.
The gap between shorthand street and the development should be sufficient enough to get planning permission.
It would also mean it's possible to keep using the top during building work as it could be done in two stages.
Now waiting for an engineer amongst us to say ! health and safety would rule this out.
Does seem a good way to redevelop it??

Personally loving the thousand foot Billy Sharp mural on three side of new corner. Recent image as well, proving that this is a fresh image and the plans are still current.
Of all the great players we've had down the years, why this one though? Taking adulation and hero worship too far I think.

The best way to redevelop the top is to make it two tear would add to the atmosphere and also possible to increase capacity.
The gap between shorthand street and the development should be sufficient enough to get planning permission.
It would also mean it's possible to keep using the top during building work as it could be done in two stages.
Now waiting for an engineer amongst us to say ! health and safety would rule this out.
Does seem a good way to redevelop it??
My spell checker has done me again .
Shorthand should be shoreham st and top should read lip . Sorry !

Redeveloping the South Stand before the Kop probably makes more commercial sense as it would provide a better ROI and may be less disruptive. I suspect this could be the angle the club will take, given the current plans to move the club shop to the corner of Shoreham/Cherry Street.

Just noticed the new Chinatown/New Era development has been demolished.

Didn't last long, did it? :D

Redeveloping the South Stand before the Kop probably makes more commercial sense as it would provide a better ROI and may be less disruptive. I suspect this could be the angle the club will take, given the current plans to move the club shop to the corner of Shoreham/Cherry Street.

I see it much the same way. For any moderately big game the higher priced seats in the South Stand, and commercial offerings in John Street sell out.The increased segregation has undermined the building of the Westfield stand: the club can't benefit from selling out the Westfield to Blades, and BL upper and lower to the away team. It's a choice of the Westfield corner for Blades or the upper tier for the away team, on any given match day.In the Premier League there wasn't enough expensive seats to satisfy demand.
Adding commercial boxes etc into the South stand would also fit in with the club seeking to become an events stadium. The kop renovation is more to do with satisfying increasingly onerous health and safety concerns, providing basics like more toilets, and incorporating new facilities to maximise matchday revenue.

Don't mean to sound like Mr. Meldrew, but what a load of old shit.

Looks beautiful, but is it necessary? By all means crack on with making the Kop look like that, but that extension plus another tier on the South Stand? We'd never fill it.
Where does it tell you the new capacity!??
If you look closely, the actual ground looks like it always has, like a Christmas tree before it's decorations are added, looks totally different after, but still the same tree.
I think it looks great, notice that more of the actual land has been turned into more "slums of tomorrow",flats etc, but we know Kel wouldn't miss an opportunity to build more money makers where ever he can. Would like to see the front abit more similar to the training grounds, so shirecliffe looks like it's little brother, but that's just a personal preference.

None of it will happen though.

The kop obviously needs sorting out but it always annoys me how there is never any mention of the John Street stand being extended. It was built at a time when our attendances were pretty crap and therefore it's far too small and makes the ground look lopsided once inside, it's also the stand that the TV cameras see.

Two levels of executive areas above a stand that only holds about 6,000 is a waste of limited space and just doesn't look right to me, and would look even more daft if the kop and south stand were extended.

Where does it tell you the new capacity!??
If you look closely, the actual ground looks like it always has, like a Christmas tree before it's decorations are added, looks totally different after, but still the same tree.
I think it looks great, notice that more of the actual land has been turned into more "slums of tomorrow",flats etc, but we know Kel wouldn't miss an opportunity to build more money makers where ever he can. .
After his first defeat our own "Chocolate Brownie" is getting into the building game?

Can't really tell from the animation but looks like the ugly corner between Kop and John Street would stay as it is. Looks awful the way it was done, I just can't understand why they'd build it when some seats can't even see the majority of the pitch! They did the same with John Street, there's some seats at the bottom nearest the away end that have their view blocked by the away seats! Did nobody see this problem when they drew up the plans??

Of all the great players we've had down the years, why this one though? Taking adulation and hero worship too far I think.

Because he is current club captain, whose goal tally last season was one of the main reasons why we ended up on 100 points, and topped League 1 from January to the end of the season. A Sheffield lad who is a born and bred Sheffield United fan, leading his team out on to the pitch week in, week out. To many of the young fans, he is a hero. To many of the old (like me) fans, he is a hero. As the old saying goes "he's one of our own".

Back
Top Bottom