New view of Lane re-development

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've often thought this myself, I just forsee safety issues meaning it'd never be approved, like if a vehicle crashed in the tunnel on a match day and caught fire, they'd never allow it to be used.

Maybe if they made that section really speed bumpy it'd be alright. The other option really is re-route the road, just the bit immediately behind the stand, into those shithouse car lots, but I can't see that happening ever.

It was never an issue for Atletico....but then again they do have a slightly different view of health and safety over there.
calderon.jpg

I've worked as a civil engineer for 40 years on projects which dwarf this one. Whilst not being endowed with all of the attributes you list, I have worked in teams incorporating the professions you mention, so I do have a better idea of how it works than most. All civil engineering projects start with one fundamental - the production of an economical and cost effective design. Which is what the preferred version of the redevelopment represents.
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is
king.

So there's little to be gained by arguing about it.

Very few of us have UEFA Pro A coaching licences either, but it didn't stop us all knowing that Adkins was clueless.

This is a discussion board. When have 'gains' ever come into it?

We argue, beacuse we can. It is the life force of a football fan.

Is the manflu still draining you of the will to live, or are you now a wonder of medical science?

All civil engineering projects start with one fundamental - the production of an economical and cost effective design. Which is what the preferred version of the redevelopment represents.

Another key is the creation of dual purpose facilities that can bring in revenue streams 7 days a week, 52 weeks out of the year.

Hence a properly designed business centre in the corner can be an impressive media centre on match day but used as office rental income or meeting rooms on non match days.

I'm guessing it's for the TV studio needing to be incorporated along with the media centre but as I say, it's a guess.

Everyone has ideas on this except for who's going to foot the bill and how they get a return on investment. It's not as simple as saying PL money will pay for it, for example.

That's what I remember reading when these plans were first announced. It would mirror what's in the John St / BL corner. Prime benefit being the 365 income.

Another key is the creation of dual purpose facilities that can bring in revenue streams 7 days a week, 52 weeks out of the year.

Hence a properly designed business centre in the corner can be an impressive media centre on match day but used as office rental income or meeting rooms on non match days.
If it gets filled.

There is a lot of grade A office space in the city centre that can’t get tenants.

It’s a risk unless someone is lined up.

You would think McCabe has exhausted all possibilities, he’s a property developer, so you would expect he knows what he’s doing.

I don’t think seats or executive boxes can be put in that corner because the current Kop goes well past the corner flag.
In order to build a proper corner we need to steepen the Kop, which will lose seats.

We also need to take out approx 1000 seats near the corner flag because the corner needs to curve, it can’t be a 90 degree angle.
The curve that created would probably create 1000 or so seats, so we’re not increasing capacity by joining the stands.

It’s only my opinion based on guess work, admit I could be wrong.
It’s a shame McCabe couldn’t answer some of these queries, would love to speak to him off the record about his plans for the stadium with the likelihood of the Kop and also the South stand getting done with the timescale.

I don't see why a seat or box in that corner would be any further away from the corner flag than seats in every other corner?
Look at the pictures below. There is a difference in rake between the stands at Celtic but they've joined them together.
I doesn't look like an unsurmountable problem to me.

I'm not an architect but then most of us aren't Professional football managers / players but it doesn't stop us commenting on their work ;)

Current Bramall Lane SS & Kop from JSS.PNG

Celtic Park North Corner Stand.png

I've often thought this myself, I just forsee safety issues meaning it'd never be approved, like if a vehicle crashed in the tunnel on a match day and caught fire, they'd never allow it to be used.

Maybe if they made that section really speed bumpy it'd be alright. The other option really is re-route the road, just the bit immediately behind the stand, into those shithouse car lots, but I can't see that happening ever.

Can’t see any BL expansion ever happening. Surely they’d need to make that stand less steep otherwise extending to the other side of Bramall Lane would make it much taller than the other stands but then it wouldn’t line up with the corner stand.

To do what suggested would probably need the BL and new corner stand demolishing and starting from scratch. It’s never going to happen.

Very few of us have UEFA Pro A coaching licences either, but it didn't stop us all knowing that Adkins was clueless.

This is a discussion board. When have 'gains' ever come into it?

We argue, beacuse we can. It is the life force of a football fan.

Is the manflu still draining you of the will to live, or are you now a wonder of medical science?
No, I'm not a human miracle and no I haven't got a coaching badge but I've played enough and watched enough to know shit when I see it.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, just making a fucking comment. Argue all you want, call each other cunts if you like, tbh, I go to watch football, not admire the architecture and I'm happy to let the club decide what the stadium is going to look like, which they've done and got planning consent for.

If it gets filled.

There is a lot of grade A office space in the city centre that can’t get tenants.

It’s a risk unless someone is lined up.

Agree, would think that’s a factor that’s holding McCabe back. When investing millions you have to consider worse case scenarios, like relegation back to league 1.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, just making a fucking comment. Argue all you want, call each other cunts if you like, tbh, I go to watch football, not admire the architecture and I'm happy to let the club decide what the stadium is going to look like, which they've done and got planning consent for.

Manflu turned into period pains then?

I don't see why a seat or box in that corner would be any further away from the corner flag than seats in every other corner?
Look at the pictures below. There is a difference in rake between the stands at Celtic but they've joined them together.
I doesn't look like an unsurmountable problem to me.

I'm not an architect but then most of us aren't Professional football managers / players but it doesn't stop us commenting on their work ;)

View attachment 32517

View attachment 32513

That corner stand at Celtic looks like a larger scale version of our pukka pie corner bodge-up. It comes complete with a big fuck off pillar and I certainly wouldn't like to be sitting next to that concrete wall on the side terrace.

It's the rainy season in Indonesia...... humid.

I didn't dare mention Indonesia.

In the words of the world's best hotelier, Mr B Fawlty; "I mentioned it once*, but I think I got away with it".

* I've only mentioned Indonesia a few dozen times at most....

Meeting rooms on non-match days? Maybe?
Office rental on non-match days? No

Businesses who rent offices have "stuff".
No business is going to rent an office where they have to move all their "stuff" out every Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday.

I don't know what the set-up is now, but at Old Trafford, there used to be 'United Road' which ran behind the North Stand. This was fully enclosed, unlike the 'open plan' idea I've suggested.

That corner stand at Celtic looks like a larger scale version of our pukka pie corner bodge-up. It comes complete with a big fuck off pillar and I certainly wouldn't like to be sitting next to that concrete wall on the side terrace.

With the current plans, there will be a big wall where the Business Centre is, so no difference there.
Yes, I agree that the pillar is a big "NO" and would be a stopper but that looks like it's holding up the original roof and not part of the corner stand.
I would hope that wouldn't need to be there as part of the new Kop design.

It's the rainy season in Shepherd's Bush too...and humid. Well, muggy really. Think I'll go back to Indonesia. At least I can get a wank for a fiver from a woman who's not an alcoholic tramp.

You pay top dollar then?

With the current plans, there will be a big wall where the Business Centre is, so no difference there.

There's a big difference, that wall at Celtic is about 10m along the terrace and you would have an restricted view of the penalty area.

There's a big difference, that wall at Celtic is about 10m along the terrace and you would have an restricted view of the penalty area.

Yes, fair point. The wall at Celtic is a problem for them because it's on a touchline stand not a goal line stand.
But in terms of Bramall Lane, I meant there is no difference whether the wall is part of a corner stand or part of a Business Centre.
It also didn't stop Celtic building a corner stand and deciding it would have to be a Business Centre instead.

Think I'll go back to Indonesia. At least I can get a wank for a fiver from a woman who's not an alcoholic tramp.

That's the spirit old bean, pecker up and all that.

BTW, are you sure it is a 'woman'. Can't be too careful as those Thai lady boys are popping up everywhere thse days.

That's the spirit old bean, pecker up and all that.

BTW, are you sure it is a 'woman'. Can't be too careful as those Thai lady boys are popping up everywhere thse days.
The thing is, Thais don't really look like Indonesians and have a very different culture. More likely to find a ladyboy in S6 than Jakarta.

Can’t see any BL expansion ever happening. Surely they’d need to make that stand less steep otherwise extending to the other side of Bramall Lane would make it much taller than the other stands but then it wouldn’t line up with the corner stand.

To do what suggested would probably need the BL and new corner stand demolishing and starting from scratch. It’s never going to happen.

Yeah you're probably right, it's not really necessary anyway to be honest, if the Kop and the South Stand get done we'd be up around 40-45K depending what gets done, which is fine.

Back
Top Bottom