New Striker....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BigBed

Aboard the sinking ship......
Reaction score
Right, it looks as though Khadra is on his bike, so, who would your choice be, to replace him up top, and give us the firepower were currently lacking???

Madine obviously gets mentioned a lot.... but you know what, Hogan would be a good signing again as well

Disagree, we're really threadbare up top, and if McBurnie and Brewster can't be relied on fitness wise any time soon, and Osula out on loan, some experience is needed.
Our best front 3 right now would have Ndiaye as the striker

Then there's Sharp, Jebbison and if we want, Osula. Unless PH is lying, McBurnie should be back soon anyway

We have players who can score. If Doyle doesn't sort himself out, we have nothing up to standard but Norwood in CM. Fleck is completely shot. Osborn has been getting injured more. Coulibaly is injured and unproven. Berge can't play there, nor can McAtee

Our best front 3 right now would have Ndiaye as the striker

Then there's Sharp, Jebbison and if we want, Osula. Unless PH is lying, McBurnie should be back soon anyway

We have players who can score. If Doyle doesn't sort himself out, we have nothing up to standard but Norwood in CM. Fleck is completely shot. Osborn has been getting injured more. Coulibaly is injured and unproven. Berge can't play there, nor can McAtee
Been saying this since the run in last year that Ndiaye is our best striker.

Once you consider him in that role then someone like Joe Rothwell comes into play.

He’s not playing at Bournemouth. He got a very respectable 10 assists last season at Blackburn.

He can play down the middle or a little wide and he has played defensive midfield, attacking midfield and central midfield.

I wouldn’t be against something like that. Then when all are fit you could even consider Doyle as a 10, as suggested by Pep if needs must.

Despite the first name I’m mentioning was garbage yesterday, I still think Berge and McAtee just behind Ndiaye is our best forward line for penetration whilst McBurnie is out.

Been saying this since the run in last year that Ndiaye is our best striker.

Once you consider him in that role then someone like Joe Rothwell comes into play.

He’s not playing at Bournemouth. He got a very respectable 10 assists last season at Blackburn.

He can play down the middle or a little wide and he has played defensive midfield, attacking midfield and central midfield.

I wouldn’t be against something like that. Then when all are fit you could even consider Doyle as a 10, as suggested by Pep if needs must.

Despite the first name I’m mentioning was garbage yesterday, I still think Berge and McAtee just behind Ndiaye is our best forward line for penetration whilst McBurnie is out.
Rothwell next to Norwood would improve our possession and penetration game immensely

I don't think he'll be available though. If he was, he's top of the list, no question

I think we need a target man to be honest, we lack height up top, and rely on defenders for it.
I've said Delap whos on loan at Stoke, but probably a no go unfortunately.
Surely there's a prem fringe player that can be had on loan to replace Khadra??

preston trying to get archer back he got 7 from 20 games for them last time surridge is the obvious one but cant see them loaning him to us get madine back as a cheap option target man and either archer or armstrong he might just be available on loan southampton reportedly going on a spending spree this month to try and save their premier league status

Rothwell next to Norwood would improve our possession and penetration game immensely

I don't think he'll be available though. If he was, he's top of the list, no question
He’s made 110 mins worth of appearances across 4 games, only 35 mins of league football. If not, why not?

Jebbo is fine as the back up. We'd be better off getting the 4th coach who can tell Hecky how the opposition will target Norwood and Ndiaye to stop us, and show him how to counter that.

If we sign someone who hasn't been playing then we'll have another unfit player, this is the problem with the JTW, anyone who's decent and fit is accounted for.

You just know we'll sign someone who hasn't played, get them fit and then their hamstring will go.

I suspect if an addition can be brought in, the condition and return date for strikers (McBurnie, Brewster) and midfielders (Fleck, Arblaster) will be the key factor as to who will be targeted.

I've always felt Utd are a midfielder short but Utd do appear to be short up front. Either way, if Norwood or Ndiaye were missing for any length of time, results will be impacted.

Regardless, I very much doubt a fee would be paid for any signing - a loan for a Prem player unable to get a game is is far more likely. Archer, Lowe and Rothwell would all fit into that category.

Salomon Rondon… just had his contract terminated so available on a free - could be tempting for him on a 6mo deal if we offer a guarantee of contract upon promotion

He’s made 110 mins worth of appearances across 4 games, only 35 mins of league football. If not, why not?

I think he's only been fit for a couple of months. Got injured straight after signing. He’s always likely to be in the matchday squad now

Or we try and buy?
I know money will be tight, unless, the owners, new and old decided it was worth the risk, and invest obviously....

Archer would be ideal. Needs games and somewhat proven at this level (although we have been there before with Brewster). Jack Marriott is available having just left Posh.

If we sign someone who hasn't been playing then we'll have another unfit player, this is the problem with the JTW, anyone who's decent and fit is accounted for.

You just know we'll sign someone who hasn't played, get them fit and then their hamstring will go.

Only other option is to either take a young Prem player but they don't always work out, (Woodburn) or take a punt on a lower league player, someone who is ripping up League 1 or 2....Clarke-Harris for example from Posh....but they will cost money, which it appears we haven't got.

Both Southampton Armstrongs would be good pick ups if promoted. Doubt either are realistic this window

029acbf4c6d8c67e138e1eb06a277204bf-05-patrick.rsocial.w1200.jpg

Ched Evans?

;)

Both Southampton Armstrongs would be good pick ups if promoted. Doubt either are realistic this window
im not so sure southampton reportedly about to splash out in the transfer market adam armstrong would be an unbelievable signing at this level perfect to replace billy who then can be saved for the last 20 from the bench

Back
Top Bottom