New striker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Out him then....who was it?

:)

It was me, alco.

I fear Matbianco1's superior intellect, his Darren-smashing knowledge, and his massiveness as a Blade. And he will harm me and I fear that, I tells ya. I fear it.

Help me boab!

pommpey

I suddenly feel a strange sense of deja vu creeping up on me - anyone else getting this?

Jesus, feller. Did you skip off to bed last night with a stump on because two years ago I slagged Blackman off and he managed to pop in an 84th minute equaliser and you were somehow proven 'right'?

My defence of that (if you'd taken your Ritalin and paid attention) was that he was so fucking good, we sold him and are still in div fucking three. But, y'know ...

I also pointed out the FACT (fact fans) that we have had precious little service from our front line this season so far. Much of the effort has come from midfield. Also Higdon, the vanquishing goal smasher based on his previous season record at Tulip Athletic has so far turned out to be billy bobbins. But you obv know different, based upon your FACTS (fact fans)

Feller, concentrate on important things rather than one-nilling posters and maybe you'll enjoy life a bit more, eh?

Now, run along ...

pommpey

You really can't help it can you. Childish comments rather than actually making realistic statements.

Has Higdon missed shit loads of golden opportunities? I don't think he has. I remember Coventry's GK and Prestons both pulling off fantastic saves to deny him his 2nd and 3rd goals of the season.

10 seconds in on both clips...

Have the midfielders created enough openings for him since then? I know he's looked off the pace, there is no denying that. But, you have written off a player after 5 or 6 games and are belittling who his previous clubs are.

I pointed out that you did the same with Nick Blackman 2 years ago during the Coventry game so clearly you spoke too early on that one as he turned out to be quite good.

So, who's to say that, maybe, just maybe, you may have written off this bloke a little early too? Genuine question.

You also pointed out that "You don't care how many he scored for his previous club" and "He could've played for Real Madrid" it's "What he does for us". What a load of bollocks. If you use that logic then we may be better signing a striker from the Ryman League who has never scored as previous exploits don't matter.

And stop with the patronising "run along" comments. I get the feeling you don't like been up against the ropes in a debate so resort to name calling in the hope i'll go away.

I suddenly feel a strange sense of deja vu creeping up on me - anyone else getting this?

You mean the one where people tend not to look at real life. They prefer to just hide behind their own opinion whether it be the right one or not? Me too.

It was me, alco.

I fear Matbianco1's superior intellect, his Darren-smashing knowledge, and his massiveness as a Blade. And he will harm me and I fear that, I tells ya. I fear it.

Help me boab!

pommpey

Harm you?

I've not threatened you once. Nor would I either.

I have never claimed to be a massive blade or have I said that you are less of a blade than i am. I basically said that you did the same with Blackman 2 years ago after a couple of games.. Now I don't know why i remember that, i really don't. But the comments 2yrs ago were very similar to the ones you were making last night re: Higdon.

You were proved wrong before so let's hope you are again... And not so I can tell you about it. For the good of our club. Sheffield United !

Personal Abuse is against forum rules.
Boring me now, Twatto.

Run along, as said.

pommpey

Boring me now, Twatto.

Run along, as said.

pommpey

To quote myself...

And stop with the patronising "run along" comments. I get the feeling you don't like been up against the ropes in a debate so resort to name calling in the hope i'll go away.

Think we should leave it there before the referee stops this one.

370px-RafaelRamos.jpg

If Matt is boring you pommpey, why waste time reading this thread? Just leave him to write what he likes and it won't bore you, think that's how it's meant to work UTB

I am IIYB. I can't be much fucked with kids like him.

We are still in div three, mind. But y'know ... Blackman ... two years ago ... yada, yada, yada ...

pommpey

But pommpey, at the risk of incurring your wrath, you are actually being quite abusive and Matt isn't.

What does this have to do with Blackman and him knocking in a goal late on in a game two years ago?

Exactly.

Bloke is a troll. Bless his lickle cotton socks.

Abuse is as abuse does. We are on a football forum, not mumsnet. If you want to chastise anyone for being abusive and aggressive, please steer your comments toward dear old Pinchy who, after staying pretty quiet for sixty thr ... sorry, sixty two minutes last night whilst United were playing like last season and being beaten 2-0 by a side in the U Bend of the division, suddenly decided to call critics 'cunts' and 'not Blades' and all sorts of other pleasing, dribbly crap once united had wakkened up and started playing like a side that wants promotion. At the full time whistle, Pinchy was quite open with his opinions about some people on S24SU.

pommpey

I've been driving for 13 years, voting for 12. Working for 14. Supporting SUFC for 25. Had a season ticket for 17.

I'd like to think that of the tender age of 30yrs and 9months, I've matured enough to have a say in things.

30 and only working for 14 years?

I have no respect for the opinions of someone who didn't have a paper round ;)

I've been driving for 13 years, voting for 12. Working for 14. Supporting SUFC for 25. Had a season ticket for 17.

I'd like to think that of the tender age of 30yrs and 9months, I've matured enough to have a say in things.

Hi Matt

Thank you for your recent application. I am writing to inform you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We think you are probably a couple of years away from having the experience and skills required, unless you move to Colchester like Advisor Blades and start travelling to many more away and home games.

Kind Rregards

Bigger Blades Society

Are they all FACTS, or stats?

Anyway, you're a bigger blade than me, and you're always right. Higdon will score a fucking hatful this season, we'll go up as champions and we will never concede a goal again. And we don't need any more playing staff. And you were so perceptive that night back in August 2012 when I was so critical about Blackman and you knew he'd score and be ace and ... and ... and ...

Happy now? Fuck's sake.

pommpey

What does this have to do with Blackman and him knocking in a goal late on in a game two years ago?

Exactly.

Bloke is a troll. Bless his lickle cotton socks.

Abuse is as abuse does. We are on a football forum, not mumsnet. If you want to chastise anyone for being abusive and aggressive, please steer your comments toward dear old Pinchy who, after staying pretty quiet for sixty thr ... sorry, sixty two minutes last night whilst United were playing like last season and being beaten 2-0 by a side in the U Bend of the division, suddenly decided to call critics 'cunts' and 'not Blades' and all sorts of other pleasing, dribbly crap once united had wakkened up and started playing like a side that wants promotion. At the full time whistle, Pinchy was quite open with his opinions about some people on S24SU.

pommpey

Yeah that's what got me riled last night, that we're not allowed to have concerns and we all have this "agenda". We were being treat like fucking idiots and I take great exception to that. It'll turn into the friggin "Sheffield Forum" if we're not careful.

Anyway, you're a bigger blade than me, and you're always right. Higdon will score a fucking hatful this season, we'll go up as champions and we will never concede a goal again. And we don't need any more playing staff. And you were so perceptive that night back in August 2012 when I was so critical about Blackman and you knew he'd score and be ace and ... and ... and ...

Happy now? Fuck's sake.

pommpey

I never claimed to be a bigger blade than anyone.

I never claimed to be always right. (I try to base opinions on fact as already mentioned).

I hope you're right regarding Higdon.

And rather than admit to being wrong about Blackman, you chose to hit back by slagging me off for having a good memory?

Hi Matt

Thank you for your recent application. I am writing to inform you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We think you are probably a couple of years away from having the experience and skills required, unless you move to Colchester like Advisor Blades and start travelling to many more away and home games.

Kind Rregards

Bigger Blades Society
FFS don't bring me into this again, I innocently walked into this last night!!!!

Happy now? Fuck's sake.

pommpey

pommpey, your tone has become increasingly shrill, as if you're about to explode.

I've no doubt that whatever has transpired on this forum is because we all have concerns about the club we support. The fact that there'll be differences of opinions seems inevitable. You and I have engaged in one such affair but it never caused me to hold a grudge or attack you subsequently.

Why not show a little generosity of spirit and draw a line under this? Otherwise it'll seem as if you're intent on having the last word, and I suspect you're far more rounded an individual than to need that as a sign of your dedication to this club? UTB

Yeah that's what got me riled last night, that we're not allowed to have concerns and we all have this "agenda". We were being treat like fucking idiots and I take great exception to that. It'll turn into the friggin "Sheffield Forum" if we're not careful.

I haven't attempted to treat anybody like an idiot and have been constructive in my counter-arguments. I've also made sure not to resort to name calling, patronising and/or belittling.

Rather than produce a constructive counter-argument, i have been met with all of the above. Apologies to all for remembering something from 2yrs ago and I have tried to get my point across as to why the opinions about Higdon made by Pommpey are comparable to that made by Pommpey when talking about Blackman.

The token response to my memory of 2 yrs ago, instead of being "ok, i was wrong about him" was "statto", "Twatto", "matto", etc. etc. etc. How is that adding to any debate? Everybody can name call behind a keyboard.

Do we not think that after 7 games. We could be wrong about Higdon??

Back
Top Bottom