New manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The manager out there who is very similar to Wilder, work ethics, how the game
should be played, attitude, and drive is Lincoln City's Danny Cowley.

Will go on and manage at the highest level, as will Wilder.

Obviously, CW is going nowhere, but this is a fantastic shout. Very good mate is a Lincoln fan and all our conversations re: the respective management styles/philosophies have been virtually identical. Proper manager, doing things the right way and has got the players, club and fans all pulling and pushing in the same direction. Top Class.

Obviously, CW is going nowhere, but this is a fantastic shout. Very good mate is a Lincoln fan and all our conversations re: the respective management styles/philosophies have been virtually identical. Proper manager, doing things the right way and has got the players, club and fans all pulling and pushing in the same direction. Top Class.

Proper pass and move or shadow chasing?... Quality or Upanatem?

Just asking. Don't see much of Lincoln.

I only personally saw their final game so no first hand knowledge really, but my understanding is pass and move into feet and playing to their strengths - knowing what they've got and utilizing it. One of the major factors my mate has commented on is the Cowley Bros. (another parallel - it's a duel effort) drive to engage the fans with the club and vice versa. No room for prima donnas, just honest hard work and a drive to give 100% at all times.

They mix it. There's a desire to play football when they can and, at times, they can knock it around quite well but they're also capable of grinding victories out, particularly towards the end of the season when they'd played a huge number of games and needed to get over the line.
They had a big target man, Matt Rhead and they weren't afraid to launch it at him if they needed to.

I think the Cowley brothers have a great future but aren't ready for a step up to the Championship yet.

They mix it. There's a desire to play football when they can and, at times, they can knock it around quite well but they're also capable of grinding victories out, particularly towards the end of the season when they'd played a huge number of games and needed to get over the line.
They had a big target man, Matt Rhead and they weren't afraid to launch it at him if they needed to.

I think the Cowley brothers have a great future but aren't ready for a step up to the Championship yet.

"We have a certain style of playing. We asked ourselves: ‘What have we got here? A goalkeeper who kicks well, a big, old-fashioned centre-forward and some good players around him.’ So we decided to play in the right areas but get the crowd up, play some exciting football and press teams."

Jimmy Walker March 2017.

As I suspected, Hoooooof. I think I'll give Mr. Cowley a wide berth.

is

"We have a certain style of playing. We asked ourselves: ‘What have we got here? A goalkeeper who kicks well, a big, old-fashioned centre-forward and some good players around him.’ So we decided to play in the right areas but get the crowd up, play some exciting football and press teams."

Jimmy Walker March 2017.

As I suspected, Hoooooof. I think I'll give Mr. Cowley a wide berth.
I saw them on TV about ten times last season and, as I say, they mix it up. They can play some decent football. Bear in mind they were in the conference and coaching conference level players.

The similarities with us under Wilder is the hard work, emphasis on the right type of characters and the never say die spirit. Like us, they got plenty of late goals.

But in a short space of time the Cowleys have gone from Concord Rangers to Braintree to Lincoln. Joining us now would be a step too far. In a couple of years it may be a different story.

If the unthinkable happens , who would we want ?

With all due respect David, I can't even begin to imagine what inspires the question. Ironically even more unthinkable, it could be argued, is your thinking, if you get my drift.We are potentially in for the "Ride of our Lives" which by the way thrills the pants off me, but not you it seems.

Mystified :confused:

With all due respect David, I can't even begin to imagine what inspires the question. Ironically even more unthinkable, it could be argued, is your thinking, if you get my drift.We are potentially in for the "Ride of our Lives" which by the way thrills the pants off me, but not you it seems.

Mystified :confused:

Being a United for 40 years and knowing our luck I expect shit things to happen , born a pessimist.
Don't think I'm alone look at all the people commenting on Wilder to Sunderland.

I had forgotten good old Ron! "isn't it, far cry from Kids in the park.."

It reminds me of the 'memries' threads on here. Mmm Woody isn't it, with the white hair, past his best? Passed to Currie, goal. Scarves round wrists, rattles, no seats on the kop, dart in your face, marvellous.

Blessin - paperwork doesn’t stack
Jokanovic - too pricey?
McInnes - gone quiet but has boardroom admirers
Michael Appleton - likewise

Seems quiet as owt. Any other rumours doing?

Blessin - paperwork doesn’t stack
Jokanovic - too pricey?
McInnes - gone quiet but has boardroom admirers
Michael Appleton - likewise

Seems quiet as owt. Any other rumours doing?
Howe stalling on Celtic while Tindall posts a cryptic message about partners in crime?
378D0AED-422B-44BF-9D87-1D0DA9C01730.jpeg

At this point if he’s going to Celtic he would have surely agreed it he was in extended talks for days last week. He’s now seemingly considering his options and not wanting to commit to a few years in Scotland before likely coming back to the Championship.
You have to wonder what’s cooled the deal from getting done?

We need a manager and we one now. Give them 8 games to figure out whats what and go from there. What’s the point in having hecky and tindall for rest of the season when they have nothing to offer. Blessin or Jankovic please.
Whoever takes this on needs a miracle to happen there's so much to do it's impossible to turn it round in one season, and any decent manager would need to command a decent wedge even to attempt taken this sack of shit on! Somehow it maybe a out of work who's used to being sacked what doesn't mind being shown the door even when it goes tits up! Anybody worth his salt unless highly paid wouldn't touch this job with a barge pole!!

Interesting this thread was started when Wilder first apparently had a wobbler in our first season back in the championship.

Back
Top Bottom