Neal Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would be very surprised, we’ve about six spots that we must fill in squad since the released list. This would be a huge chunk of the budget to spend on one player.

I would be very surprised, we’ve about six spots that we must fill in squad since the released list. This would be a huge chunk of the budget to spend on one player.
Only a handful of people actually know what the budget. This board are working with a made up one.

Sounds like a Quiffy’s Dad type rumour. I can’t see us spending £20m on one player until we have at least survived one season in the top flight.

It won’t be an initial 20m, will be at least half with add ons like sell ons etc. The lad at Leeds is only going to spurs for 10m plus add ons

Reminds me of the randoms on Twitter who were fairly sure Jags was returning last year. Think we need a better source before we get our hopes up.

Reminds me of the randoms on Twitter who were fairly sure Jags was returning last year. Think we need a better source before we get our hopes up.

Richard Cadette did say he was a target a few weeks ago. Come on RC - chuck us a bone.

Worth noting that Burnley were said to be interested in Maupay but put off by the £20m asking price. I can’t see us pursuing him at that price.

Richard Cadette did say he was a target a few weeks ago. Come on RC - chuck us a bone.

Worth noting that Burnley were said to be interested in Maupay but put off by the £20m asking price. I can’t see us pursuing him at that price.

Yeah I’m an RC believer. I reckon he prefers to deliver the really good stuff though, rather than the morsels. He saves himself, prefers the big time hammer blow. The updates over the past month would’ve probably just been “yep, still trying”.

Brentford fans think they've turned down a £12m offer from Newcastle and have said it would take £18m and a Gayle season long loan to prise him away.

Sounds like a Quiffy’s Dad type rumour. I can’t see us spending £20m on one player until we have at least survived one season in the top flight.

Figures are paper talk. Last week Jack Clarke was moving from Leeds to Tottenham for 18million.

Now its happening, its actually 8.5million. 10million cheaper than the papers reported last week. It could rise to 18, but I'm sure we'll do a deal wisely, 10mill upfront with 10mil if we stay up. That 10mill won't matter if we stay up, if we don't we don't pay it. Obviously that's just an example.

Could we possibly get Maupay AND McBurnie?

They'd have to close this forum down for a week...

Maupay would presumably be instead of Robinson, and spending would be more limited in other areas.

Get Robinson as well as Maupay & McBurnie and this forum........................................................................

Certain it's the same lot on twitter who were telling everyone we'd signed Jota about a week before he went to Villa

If you make up loads of shit now and then you will get something right. Hope it's their turn now.

In all seriousness, behind the scenes cwak will have been working hard.
If we coup Maupay, it will be down to incredible bartering by lord wilder selling the club to him.
If I was Maupay I'd jump at the chance to work with the best English manager in an age,playing very similar football to Brentford with a fantastic midfield, defence and keeper behind him.
I hope this comes off.

Anyone else reckon the new 1 or 2 signings will be holding the new shirts released on Friday??
This gets said every summer.

When has anyone ever seen a brand new signing announced by holding up the clubs new strip?

In all seriousness, behind the scenes cwak will have been working hard.
If we coup Maupay, it will be down to incredible bartering by lord wilder selling the club to him.
If I was Maupay I'd jump at the chance to work with the best English manager in an age,playing very similar football to Brentford with a fantastic midfield, defence and keeper behind him.
I hope this comes off.

If you were Maupay you go to the club that paid you the most, for the longest contract length.

that’s a silly thing to say and patently untrue. if you were he and were offered £8m over three years to play in qatar or china or £6m over three years to play in western europe where would you chose?

China? Just like all those players that were offered that choice and went to China. It’s why Neymar plays for PSG, why Sánchez left Arsenal and Van Persie ended up in Turkey.

If you think, like the initial poster that Maupay would jump at the chance to play for Wilder, whilst disregarding money, you’re equally silly.

Back
Top Bottom