Mystery signing?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

'Strappy', eh? Didn't know there was any previous with him and this forum. Followed him a while back because he seemed a bit ITK. Must admit the Tommy Robinson love fest on his feed has made me question my decision at times but his opinion on the Blades has always seemed decent value.

Aye. Unfollowed for the same reason

I'm hearing from someone who gets most things right Hendo on 4 year contract & A bit harder to believe, Charlie Austin.

I could see Henderson signing permanently if Manchester United stuck a buy back clause in there. If they let us have him on the cheap now, they could potentially pick up a very good English 'keeper for fuck all in future whilst getting him off their books and bringing someone else through.

Aside from that, it just seems a bit too good to be true.

I'm not even going to entertain the Austin idea.

I hear Henderson loan extended to all next season.

To me, that wouldn’t make any sense from a Man U point of view. Surely they would want to keep their options open for next season.

They won’t be short of loan offers in the summer, so they can wait and decide what is best for them and Deano. After proving himself in the Championship, the preference must be for Premier League football and there obviously is no guarantees of that with us at the moment.

I could see Henderson signing permanently if Manchester United stuck a buy back clause in there. If they let us have him on the cheap now, they could potentially pick up a very good English 'keeper for fuck all in future whilst getting him off their books and bringing someone else through.

Aside from that, it just seems a bit too good to be true.

I'm not even going to entertain the Austin idea.
It does seem too good to be true but not impossible.

He’s impossible to buy as our asset exclusively, even with a sell on fee, but what you mention is not beyond the realms of possibility.

This is how I understand the buy back would work (similar to a loan). It would cover his wages and fee. So £3m fee plus £3m wages @ £20k per week for 3 years. At the end of that period (and not before) Man Utd would effectively recall the loan and reimburse us and then sell or use him. If they don’t we’ve got a keeper for £6m, which could turn out to be amazing business or very shit.

Hypothetically, and at his current potential it’s looking like he’d be with us for 3 years and bought back by Man Utd. They then use him or sell him for a profit or we negotiate an additional fee (if we are in the promise land) based on their valuation.

Still got us by the bollocks but we’ve got a top keeper for the remainder of his contract.

Having posted all that, I’m not sure how a contract renewal would work. Basically I have no idea, clinging to it I guess !

Back
Top Bottom