My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GLad you mentioned Bash was at fault for the first goal, he was piss poor in that challenge and isn't the same force he was either. Aside from that, can't disagree.

PS what is your band? Would love to hear/see any vids you have from one band gigger to another.

cheers,
gav

He was at fault for the first and third really. The first he was turned back to front but the third he allowed Diaz unchallenged to tap in. But compared to the rest of the mediocre shower, he was immense (and that's not 9/10 immense, just 'better by comparison') because on the ball he looks so composed and canny and reads the route to the interception, header and the tackle. As said, he isn't flawless, but on that showing alone where everyone else looks so clueless, he is the better end of Sheffield United at the current reading. Quite why Slav has chosen to bench him for C3PO and Davies - both of them consistently underperforming and fragile - is beyond me. Basham sould play every game from now on. He is the standard we should play to and if the team did, we'd be up at the top end.

My band is an 80s synthpop tribute duo, HARDDRIVE. Had it running from 2002-2011 with a different keyboardist (and he was shit) and have rejuvenated it due to popular request down here. The new keyboardist is ace and we are almost full for bookings for next year, which has me both pleased and somewhat surprised. In this region there are too many 'classic rock/blues', classic blues/rock', 'classic rock/blues/rock/indie' bands who play the same old shit. Once you've heard 'Alright Now' and 'Sex On Fire' played by one band, you've heard it all. We cover Numan, Tears for Fears, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, most of Vince Clarke's output, Kershaw, Blancmange, PSBs, Howard Jones, OMD, Ultravox, Kraftwerk and of course, Sheffield's very own The Human League. Two of next year's bookings are a Friday and a Saturday in Sheffield. 18 years ago we played the Grapes in Trippet Lane (Nick Jansky has a great story about that gig and that story spurred me on in part to get the band back on the road) and this time we are at a venue in town not far from that and the second one isn't far from BDTBL either. I'll make an official announcement to plug them elsewhere on the forum and closer to the dates, if people want to come along and dance, sing, sling shit, call me a fat cunt or feyt me over a microphone :)

pommpey

Last edited:

"Olsen is no way an international keeper"
...except he is and a very good one for Sweden, and this is what I don't understand.
What on Earth is going on with him? Is it a coaching issue by us, or is he just not arsed about being here?
I said in another thread that his move here felt odd in the first place and now seems like a disastrous piece of business for all parties.

...except he is and a very good one for Sweden, and this is what I don't understand.
What on Earth is going on with him? Is it a coaching issue by us, or is he just not arsed about being here?
I said in another thread that his move here felt odd in the first place and now seems like a disastrous piece of business for all parties.

If he's shop windowing for a UK club, his unsteady actions on aerial balls, his shockingly crap distribution and his poor control of shots won't have the phone ringing.

As much as I slated Ramsdale as being a liability, he could find a player with a kick or a throw, did pull off some decent saves. Okay he was chunky brown bobbar in the air and is still diving for some of last seasons shots but hey ho.

Olsen is no replacement for him

pommpey

Agree fully with all the marks.

It‘s only a matter of time until we are back in League one.. if not this season then next.. if we manage to stretch it out until season 23 / 24 I will be shocked.
That assumes that this manager is unable to sign better players in January and again next summer.
If he does then you might find one or two of the failures up their games.
We have beaten the bottom 4 in this league already , scoring 13 goals, so whilst I agree we are really poor, so is this league and I don’t see us going down. Not because “we are too good to go down” but because others are worse.
Give this manager the opportunity to improve the squad and stop blaming him for the inadequacies of the current players.

He was at fault for the first and third really. The first he was turned back to front but the third he allowed Diaz unchallenged to tap in. But compared to the rest of the mediocre shower, he was immense (and that's not 9/10 immense, just 'better by comparison') because on the ball he looks so composed and canny and reads the route to the interception, header and the tackle. As said, he isn't flawless, but on that showing alone where everyone else looks so clueless, he is the better end of Sheffield United at the current reading. Quite why Slav has chosen to bench him for C3PO and Davies - both of them consistently underperforming and fragile - is beyond me. Basham sould play every game from now on. He is the standard we should play to and if the team did, we'd be up at the top end.

My band is an 80s synthpop tribute duo, HARDDRIVE. Had it running from 2002-2011 with a different keyboardist (and he was shit) and have rejuvenated it due to popular request down here. The new keyboardist is ace and we are almost full for bookings for next year, which has me both pleased and somewhat surprised. In this region there are too many 'classic rock/blues', classic blues/rock', 'classic rock/blues/rock/indie' bands who play the same old shit. Once you've heard 'Alright Now' and 'Sex On Fire' played by one band, you've heard it all. We cover Numan, Tears for Fears, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, most of Vince Clarke's output, Kershaw, Blancmange, PSBs, Howard Jones, OMD, Ultravox, Kraftwerk and of course, Sheffield's very own The Human League. Two of next year's bookings are a Friday and a Saturday in Sheffield. 18 years ago we played the Grapes in Trippet Lane (Nick Jansky has a great story about that gig and that story spurred me on in part to get the band back on the road) and this time we are at a venue in town not far from that and the second one isn't far from BDTBL either. I'll make an official announcement to plug them elsewhere on the forum and closer to the dates, if people want to come along and dance, sing, sling shit, call me a fat cunt or feyt me over a microphone :)

pommpey
Ya fat c***. Thanks for the heads up.

Been told that I'm overreacting when I predict a slide all the way down - well I watched the 'performances' from the sides 1976 - 1981 and they were on a par with what we're seeing now
What happens next; Players start arguing/blaming each other/ hiding/feigning injury/putting in transfer requests/manager loses control etc.
and then the crowd turns

Sorry for the lateness, straight out to a gig after the match. A better one tonight than the two last weekend where the first one resulted in a pissed up woman falling into and taking down our left hand speaker and lighting rig, and the second one me (yes, fifty eight years old and a granddad) feytin with a punter who'd nicked my £850-00 radio mic. No such fun tonight, but we had 'em singin', dancin' and cavortin'.

Glad I started with that because talking about United these days is pretty painful, isn't it? Today was like watching your toy poodle in a parkscrap with a Staffordshire Pit Bull Terrier. After we'd yapped and nipped at Blackburn, they simply picked us up in those jaws and shook us about.

Okay, it was a great start but with a similar synchronicity to the Bournemouth game with Sharp doing all the grown up work and setting up one of the nippers, you just knew that we'd never score again and were likely to fuck things up. Really pleased to see Brewster get his first Blades league goal after thirty odd fucking appearances but after that he was just his usual, abject, shit-value-for-a-lot-of-money self. Shoutbox practically jizzed itself onto empty bollocks territory when it went in and yeah, it was a great finish, but the next forty minutes of creeping submission told us all we needed to know. United are, and remain not even good enough for this league, let alone a team who suffered a 7-0 bum-trunking last time out. Predictably, Snr Brereton-Diaz-de-la-Santiago-y-con-carne proved a reyt fucking handful, despite Bash being practically the only player we own who could deal with him. But Blackburn, like most teams, showed no fear for us. Sure, they're one down to an early straight right, but here you go, motherfucker ... have that ... that ... and THAT. It was like watching Bruno take on Tyson again. The big daft cunt had landed a few early smacks on the insane, neckless lunatic from Catskill, but you could see, 'Arry, that the only scared one was Frank, because all it did was make Tyson think, 'cheeky cunt', and before you know it, Bruno's got his back to the ropes with Tyson landing sickening punch after sickening punch with no response, hoping the ref will step in, wave his arms and remove his gumshield before Tyson hits him so fucking hard he shits his own eyeballs out.

We were bound to lose, weren't we? Keep saying it, but we've been found badly out, shipping players as a squad who save for a rare exception, will definitely struggle even next year if we get relegated. I don't really think we ever deserved to be in the Premiership to be honest, given the past season and a half has shown us that the rump of the squad individually have no redeeming footballing assets. Olsen is no way an international keeper, Bogle has nothing to add to the game, Egan is a pale shadow of the moderately decent centre back we once admired, Stevens is finished at Championship level, Norwood and Fleck are dismally easy to play against and get the better of and are progressively getting worse as footballers, Osborn - despite kind words and hopes - is pretty ineffective all over the pitch, Brewster has proven to be possibly the biggest and worst signing ever with nothing to show which can save his name or credibility (and that goal may be the only league goal he scores this season), see also Berge who is an injury-prone flop, Burke is a joke as a professional footballer, McBurnie another dismal failure in red and white, Freeman ... who?, Mousset a fucking strap-hanging liability, Baldock is fading fast into the wallpaper of dross ... 20/1 Bar. The only redeeming factors are Ndaiye and MGW who even then, overplay things but at least try and the evergreen Chris Basham who is head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of footballing nous and vision and could be still playing in the top flight. Billy and Didsy are triers, but are shot to bits now and everything else stinks the temple of Bramall Lane out. Sure, we've been in crisis before but the last slump was at least gradual, like a non-specific urethritis. One minute you're pounding a grim old hound from Batemoor and taking shit from your mates in the pub the next day, but it's some weeks before you are pissing razorblades and your bulb looks like a Pudsey nose, and you have to have something unpleasant shoved down your angry old meatus. This collapse is more like herpes ... you can almost feel it at work as you are drunkenly hammering away at said lady's undermeats. What the fuck am I fucking going on about? Yeah, here it is. We are fucked, and this time we know it. Last time it was like, 'Hey, how come we ended up eleventh in the third division? How did that happen?' It was like, it happened so predictably and gradually it hurt, but not as much. Watching this shower of useless jizzlobbers its now clear that last season was just the start ... and it won't finish until their contracts run out and they all leave Bramall Lane in a fucking coach going the other way out of the gates with the same crowds cheering and chucking beer like May two years ago. In fact they might just get carried OUT of BDTBL and placed on the coach and showered with bottles of warm, acrid pubdrinkers' piss.

Kevin McCabe, woeful shitcunt that he was, must be laughing himself shitless at us. And in truth, I don't blame him.

Olsen 3/10: Getting worse and worse by each game. He is basically Steve Simonsen with blonde hair. No, hold that. He's Lee Baxter. There. I said it.
Bogle 3/10: Some fleeting interactions but has declined in confidence and ability since the Fulham away injury
Egan 3.5/10: Another former legend now who is simply not delivering
Basham 6.5/10: Good on and off the ball and key interceptor in moments of crisis. But was to blame for Cameron Diaz's goal
Stevens 1/10: Not even at the game today. I am deeply saddened by this bloke's collapse in credibility. He was such a good player for us at one time
Norwood 3.5/10: He's still woefully exposed and overborne by any opposition. One or two long punts today but generally his performance can be summed up as horseshit with hay in it
Fleck 1/10: Fucking dreadful
MGW 5.5/10: He grafts but it seems like he is on another FIFA level to everyone else, so it looks like he is on 'Semi-Pro' whilst the team is on 'Arse'
Osborn 3.5/10: The usual. Runs about, achieves nothing.
Brewster 3/10: Two full marks for his finish and goal
Sharp 5/10; The only player who is still committed to United, it seems. Worked hard for the goal

Mousset 1/10: About as useful as tits on a snake
Ndaiye 2/10: No effect
Baldock 3/10: No effect

We are in trouble, Bladesmen. Have been for some time and Slav isn't the cause. We won't be a credible, match winning side until the majority of these wasters have been farmed out, bought out or their shitty contracts expire. And they won't see a queue at the door to take them on or sign our legion of duds too. Want someone to blame? He's just taken over at Middlesbrough.

pommpey
I think your player ratings are too high on this occasion pomps.

Is Slav our new Bryan Robson? I wonder if we’ll amass more points than we did for last season? at this rate it’s anyone’s guess!
Robson al.ost took us down as I said in a previous post it doasnt sit well with me to see the same scenario happening again the,Prince probably not aware of this he wasn't around at the time.
Blackwell stabilised us and almost got us in the play offs.Playing dross football but was effective He lost took us up a year later but our playoff history reared its head.All down hill from there! The Prince should read about our history as he is oncourse to add his page to our failures

Olsen and Davies are crap. Only Gibbs White showed potential but even he is currently sinking. All due to Slavisa.
Agreed Wilder left us with 4 terrible joke strikers.

Finger on the pulse analysis again Pommpey.
It was a cracking early goal and excellent finish. But then what????
I immediately looked at the clock and straight away thought ,'we 'll never hang on to this lead '.
We were dismal. Its hard to see a way out from this.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if GW goes back in January and we sell NDayi ridiculously cheap too.
The future us not looking good for the Blades.
Thank fuck I ll be watching for the rest of the season in the warmth of Costa Teguise Lanzarote.

Sorry for the lateness, straight out to a gig after the match. A better one tonight than the two last weekend where the first one resulted in a pissed up woman falling into and taking down our left hand speaker and lighting rig, and the second one me (yes, fifty eight years old and a granddad) feytin with a punter who'd nicked my £850-00 radio mic. No such fun tonight, but we had 'em singin', dancin' and cavortin'.

Glad I started with that because talking about United these days is pretty painful, isn't it? Today was like watching your toy poodle in a parkscrap with a Staffordshire Pit Bull Terrier. After we'd yapped and nipped at Blackburn, they simply picked us up in those jaws and shook us about.

Okay, it was a great start but with a similar synchronicity to the Bournemouth game with Sharp doing all the grown up work and setting up one of the nippers, you just knew that we'd never score again and were likely to fuck things up. Really pleased to see Brewster get his first Blades league goal after thirty odd fucking appearances but after that he was just his usual, abject, shit-value-for-a-lot-of-money self. Shoutbox practically jizzed itself onto empty bollocks territory when it went in and yeah, it was a great finish, but the next forty minutes of creeping submission told us all we needed to know. United are, and remain not even good enough for this league, let alone a team who suffered a 7-0 bum-trunking last time out. Predictably, Snr Brereton-Diaz-de-la-Santiago-y-con-carne proved a reyt fucking handful, despite Bash being practically the only player we own who could deal with him. But Blackburn, like most teams, showed no fear for us. Sure, they're one down to an early straight right, but here you go, motherfucker ... have that ... that ... and THAT. It was like watching Bruno take on Tyson again. The big daft cunt had landed a few early smacks on the insane, neckless lunatic from Catskill, but you could see, 'Arry, that the only scared one was Frank, because all it did was make Tyson think, 'cheeky cunt', and before you know it, Bruno's got his back to the ropes with Tyson landing sickening punch after sickening punch with no response, hoping the ref will step in, wave his arms and remove his gumshield before Tyson hits him so fucking hard he shits his own eyeballs out.

We were bound to lose, weren't we? Keep saying it, but we've been found badly out, shipping players as a squad who save for a rare exception, will definitely struggle even next year if we get relegated. I don't really think we ever deserved to be in the Premiership to be honest, given the past season and a half has shown us that the rump of the squad individually have no redeeming footballing assets. Olsen is no way an international keeper, Bogle has nothing to add to the game, Egan is a pale shadow of the moderately decent centre back we once admired, Stevens is finished at Championship level, Norwood and Fleck are dismally easy to play against and get the better of and are progressively getting worse as footballers, Osborn - despite kind words and hopes - is pretty ineffective all over the pitch, Brewster has proven to be possibly the biggest and worst signing ever with nothing to show which can save his name or credibility (and that goal may be the only league goal he scores this season), see also Berge who is an injury-prone flop, Burke is a joke as a professional footballer, McBurnie another dismal failure in red and white, Freeman ... who?, Mousset a fucking strap-hanging liability, Baldock is fading fast into the wallpaper of dross ... 20/1 Bar. The only redeeming factors are Ndaiye and MGW who even then, overplay things but at least try and the evergreen Chris Basham who is head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of footballing nous and vision and could be still playing in the top flight. Billy and Didsy are triers, but are shot to bits now and everything else stinks the temple of Bramall Lane out. Sure, we've been in crisis before but the last slump was at least gradual, like a non-specific urethritis. One minute you're pounding a grim old hound from Batemoor and taking shit from your mates in the pub the next day, but it's some weeks before you are pissing razorblades and your bulb looks like a Pudsey nose, and you have to have something unpleasant shoved down your angry old meatus. This collapse is more like herpes ... you can almost feel it at work as you are drunkenly hammering away at said lady's undermeats. What the fuck am I fucking going on about? Yeah, here it is. We are fucked, and this time we know it. Last time it was like, 'Hey, how come we ended up eleventh in the third division? How did that happen?' It was like, it happened so predictably and gradually it hurt, but not as much. Watching this shower of useless jizzlobbers its now clear that last season was just the start ... and it won't finish until their contracts run out and they all leave Bramall Lane in a fucking coach going the other way out of the gates with the same crowds cheering and chucking beer like May two years ago. In fact they might just get carried OUT of BDTBL and placed on the coach and showered with bottles of warm, acrid pubdrinkers' piss.

Kevin McCabe, woeful shitcunt that he was, must be laughing himself shitless at us. And in truth, I don't blame him.

Olsen 3/10: Getting worse and worse by each game. He is basically Steve Simonsen with blonde hair. No, hold that. He's Lee Baxter. There. I said it.
Bogle 3/10: Some fleeting interactions but has declined in confidence and ability since the Fulham away injury
Egan 3.5/10: Another former legend now who is simply not delivering
Basham 6.5/10: Good on and off the ball and key interceptor in moments of crisis. But was to blame for Cameron Diaz's goal
Stevens 1/10: Not even at the game today. I am deeply saddened by this bloke's collapse in credibility. He was such a good player for us at one time
Norwood 3.5/10: He's still woefully exposed and overborne by any opposition. One or two long punts today but generally his performance can be summed up as horseshit with hay in it
Fleck 1/10: Fucking dreadful
MGW 5.5/10: He grafts but it seems like he is on another FIFA level to everyone else, so it looks like he is on 'Semi-Pro' whilst the team is on 'Arse'
Osborn 3.5/10: The usual. Runs about, achieves nothing.
Brewster 3/10: Two full marks for his finish and goal
Sharp 5/10; The only player who is still committed to United, it seems. Worked hard for the goal

Mousset 1/10: About as useful as tits on a snake
Ndaiye 2/10: No effect
Baldock 3/10: No effect

We are in trouble, Bladesmen. Have been for some time and Slav isn't the cause. We won't be a credible, match winning side until the majority of these wasters have been farmed out, bought out or their shitty contracts expire. And they won't see a queue at the door to take them on or sign our legion of duds too. Want someone to blame? He's just taken over at Middlesbrough.

pommpey
You could have been more brutal than that pal what can you say we’re free falling fast

Like.

Finger on the pulse analysis again Pommpey.
It was a cracking early goal and excellent finish. But then what????
I immediately looked at the clock and straight away thought ,'we 'll never hang on to this lead '.
We were dismal. Its hard to see a way out from this.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if GW goes back in January and we sell NDayi ridiculously cheap too.
The future us not looking good for the Blades.
Thank fuck I ll be watching for the rest of the season in the warmth of Costa Teguise Lanzarote.

For Ndaiye, expect a Jaimie Murphyesque expected/mystery/undisclosed/'here, take him we can't afford his wages' exit to West Brom or one of the other capables at the top of the stack. Poor fucker doesn't want to be pulled under by the sinking HMS Piss the League. He does deserve a crack at the bright lights, develop his game and to play with footballers at his level, instead of the snapped-off-and-glued-back Subbuteo fuckups he currently plays alongside. Bash I can see attracting a bid even if it is at cover for less than a million and MGW will do an Ampadu and leave 4mm of black rubber marks on the Bramall Lane car park when his purgatory ends early next year. That'll leave us with Jossies Giants ... most of them eking out a Wilder contract whilst ignoring the abuse slung down from the terraces as they give up each game weakly. Each progressive season end now will have some of these dinkuses on the 'released' list and fuck me, great celebrations will be had, even if we have been playing Div Four football against big hitters like Salford or Barrow.

pommpey

I said this twatter last night.

He plays great for Sweden and was really good whenever called upon last season at Everton by all accounts so I really can't understand how or why he is such utter bobbar for us.

For Ndaiye, expect a Jaimie Murphyesque expected/mystery/undisclosed/'here, take him we can't afford his wages' exit to West Brom or one of the other capables at the top of the stack. Poor fucker doesn't want to be pulled under by the sinking HMS Piss the League. He does deserve a crack at the bright lights, develop his game and to play with footballers at his level, instead of the snapped-off-and-glued-back Subbuteo fuckups he currently plays alongside. Bash I can see attracting a bid even if it is at cover for less than a million and MGW will do an Ampadu and leave 4mm of black rubber marks on the Bramall Lane car park when his purgatory ends early next year. That'll leave us with Jossies Giants ... most of them eking out a Wilder contract whilst ignoring the abuse slung down from the terraces as they give up each game weakly. Each progressive season end now will have some of these dinkuses on the 'released' list and fuck me, great celebrations will be had, even if we have been playing Div Four football against big hitters like Salford or Barrow.

pommpey

There's seriously not enough LOL's I could give that post 😂

Top work Pomps 👍

As for the initial "My Take" I opened it up fully expecting to see 1's pretty much across the board with maybe a couple of 3's thrown in as that's what I'd have given the absolute set of oxygen thief's yesterday.

You must be mellowing old chap.

GLad you mentioned Bash was at fault for the first goal, he was piss poor in that challenge and isn't the same force he was either. Aside from that, can't disagree.

PS what is your band? Would love to hear/see any vids you have from one band gigger to another.

cheers,
gav

What is your band called, Gav?

Can't disagree with that Pommpey just feel that SJ has compounded our problems: changing to a back 4 without the players to play that way ,seems adamant this is the way forward without the nous to carry it out.
SJ was sold short in the window but his refusal to play a way the players are comfortable with means the players confidence his shot and we are in trouble,unforgivable with such an experienced coach.
Can anyone explain the "process" to me as like the players I don't understand it.
Go back 15 years and Brian Robson in charge (,Mccabe did back him though) we would have gone down that season if he wasn't removed ,this is a similar position.
I hope the Prince is taking on board our fears as they are real and won't go away if nothing is done.
I've been saying this for a few weeks now. Very reminiscent of Steve Bruce (ignoring Steve Thompson's shapeless caretaker tenure) coming in after Spackman. Baldock and Stevens aren't defenders, picking them in a back four just because they wear number 2 and 3 is a baffling decision. Bruce did the same with arguably the best wing back ever, Vas Borbokis, and the almost equally excellent Wayne Quinn. Basham isn't really a back four CH either. Egan can't settle in a back four that seems to change around him every few games. There's no one toughing it out in midfield, just Norwood and Fleck falling short in creativity and giving away niggly fouls and the inevitable scything down for a yellow card, rendering them even more impotent for the rest of the game. Oh to have another pair like the remarkably unsung Patterson and Cowans. We need a player who can win it effectively and roll it five yards to someone who can do something with it. We've been spoiled more than not for decent keepers in my lifetime and Olsen does seem poor but so did Ramsdale and look at him now. Can't be easy playing behind the non-existent spine we don't seem to have. There's been more than enough hurled at the £100m wasted on strikers, so not a lot to say there. The writing was on the wall in our 'successful' season in the Premier League where the strikers fired a lot of blanks but at least we had the backline to win games by the odd goal. SJ needs to look at the strengths of the players we have and play to them otherwise its going to be the same story every week, with the odd false dawn of victory in games even the dire lot at S6 (watching them struggle against the mighty Plymouth is making me feel slightly better) could win.
I think for all the criticisms, I'd rather see SJ outlast some of the contracts of the players he has at his disposal and give him a chance to do what he's done very well at two other clubs.

I've been saying this for a few weeks now. Very reminiscent of Steve Bruce (ignoring Steve Thompson's shapeless caretaker tenure) coming in after Spackman. Baldock and Stevens aren't defenders, picking them in a back four just because they wear number 2 and 3 is a baffling decision. Bruce did the same with arguably the best wing back ever, Vas Borbokis, and the almost equally excellent Wayne Quinn. Basham isn't really a back four CH either. Egan can't settle in a back four that seems to change around him every few games. There's no one toughing it out in midfield, just Norwood and Fleck falling short in creativity and giving away niggly fouls and the inevitable scything down for a yellow card, rendering them even more impotent for the rest of the game. Oh to have another pair like the remarkably unsung Patterson and Cowans. We need a player who can win it effectively and roll it five yards to someone who can do something with it. We've been spoiled more than not for decent keepers in my lifetime and Olsen does seem poor but so did Ramsdale and look at him now. Can't be easy playing behind the non-existent spine we don't seem to have. There's been more than enough hurled at the £100m wasted on strikers, so not a lot to say there. The writing was on the wall in our 'successful' season in the Premier League where the strikers fired a lot of blanks but at least we had the backline to win games by the odd goal. SJ needs to look at the strengths of the players we have and play to them otherwise its going to be the same story every week, with the odd false dawn of victory in games even the dire lot at S6 (watching them struggle against the mighty Plymouth is making me feel slightly better) could win.
I think for all the criticisms, I'd rather see SJ outlast some of the contracts of the players he has at his disposal and give him a chance to do what he's done very well at two other clubs.
I agree but has SJ 's magic dried up! Watford & Fulham had decent squads sprinkled with prem players as they had spent decent periods in the prem.
We arnt arnt at that level and it is showing

I agree but has SJ 's magic dried up! Watford & Fulham had decent squads sprinkled with prem players as they had spent decent periods in the prem.
We arnt arnt at that level and it is showing
Thats why its worth giving him a chance to get shut and recruit i think.

I don't really think we ever deserved to be in the Premiership to be honest, given the past season and a half has shown us that the rump of the squad individually have no redeeming footballing assets
And yet we continue to slate the guy who made these wasters genuine European contenders. Makes no sense whatsoever

Nice one mate, I've liked your band on book face. My band is called BUSK and you can find us here: https://www.facebook.com/BuskbandBristol/

pommpey
Jossies Giants 🤣

Great original report and how I saw it although yours had the usual humorous take. Always enjoy reading it even if I don't always agree with every ratings/thoughts but you are spot on this week I felt.

Been told that I'm overreacting when I predict a slide all the way down - well I watched the 'performances' from the sides 1976 - 1981 and they were on a par with what we're seeing now

Dammit, that's where I've seen this before! For some reason yesterday I kept thinking about our home game against Blackburn towards the end of our relegation season of 1978/79 where Blackburn were also battling relegation. They were down to 10 men very early in the game after a first-half red card but battled admirably and did us 1-0.

All we need is Tiswas on telly of a Saturday morning and Hammer House of Horror in the evening, then the feeling of watching United lose in the rain in between will complete the feeling a young Greenwich felt circa 1979-1981. Is it any wonder we grew up like we did?

I agree we're in the mire big time. I think Barnsley and Derby are certs,s to get relegated. that leaves a third from the bottom to worry about.

I agree we're in the mire big time. I think Barnsley and Derby are certs,s to get relegated. that leaves a third from the bottom to worry about.
as bad as things look just now i dont think we will be relegated its just gonna be one of those nowt seasons we havent had one of those for a few years

Watching the match look at how many times after collecting the ball he raced to the edge of the penalty area looking for a quick throw out only to throw his arms up in the air in despair at no outlet. It's probably something that Sweden do well. Not our lot we don't know how to counter attack, we can't progress up the field without passing it back twice and we only go down the sides as we have no midfield. We are utter dross and I can only think Olsen has caught the Wildervirus.

Thanks for the report Pommpey.

Back
Top Bottom