My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The narrative is we started shit couldn't score looked clueless and weren't creating chances
We now are scoring goals .creating chances and look adequate but not as clueless
There's plenty of room for improvement but that can be said if we were 2nd a point behind Bournemouth
2 decisions. A penalty for Bournemouth and a red card v Millwall has probably cost us being in the top 6 now
I think we could do with an oconnel type player and 2 midfielders to be real contenders.if we can unload some forwards I 'll not say strikers , we could get another fresh face in or bring Jebbison back

All blade too long did is literally point out that we’ve improved since the start of the season- which is true, though that doesn’t ignore the obvious room for improvement.
You get so melodramatically defensive whenever anyone says anything that even slightly hints at diverging away from what your opinion is- sometimes when people are even making a similar point to you. It comes across as incredibly abrasive.
There’s no point arguing with a bloke who tries to pride himself on dignified, intellectual discussion yet is instantly condescending to anyone who disagrees with him. “Keep digging”… deary me. 😷

Back to football.

We are pretty shit at game management. Might be tactical, the subs were wrong choices, but fuck me they are professional footballers and should have the nous to do what's required, which I think Slav was trying to say in his interview. The emergence of Ndiaye and MGW seems to have given McGoldrick some sort of football Tourettes, he's all flicks, ticks and spins suddenly, leave that to those that can. Mostly the game management is confidence, last season has shot any belief they had, and a goal against creates a whole team crisis. Sunday was a case of 3-0, job done cruise it home. They don't have the confidence and belief to do that and we saw the result.

All that just to say McGoldrick should get marked down to 2 pommpey and hopefully a kick up the arse by Slav.
its plainly obvious now that mcgoldrick and billy have to be on the bench their both more useful to us from there in the last 25 than from kick off as probably is fleck thesedays

There’s no point arguing with a bloke who tries to pride himself on dignified, intellectual discussion yet is instantly condescending to anyone who disagrees with him. “Keep digging”… deary me. 😷

Of course, we have the gathering storm of pommpey's very own refuseniks, added to by 'true99blade' bless her cotton socks.

Had she read the conversation in context, noting the comment about team full of PL players, she'd have possibly not been so critical. But there again, needs must. Itch is scratched and 'true99blade's fulfilment is complete.

She'll also note that there are plenty who disagree with me, usually with their own evidence and that isn't replied with 'condescending' retorts.

pommpey

From the Stoke game, I'd agree. From Sunday I have my doubts on that even.
see your point but both will be more useful off the bench when were chasing a goal than defending a lead the championship is a long haul marathon so players aged 35 and 36 have to be used sparingly

Of course, we have the gathering storm of pommpey's very own refuseniks, added to by 'true99blade' bless her cotton socks.

Had she read the conversation in context, noting the comment about team full of PL players, she'd have possibly not been so critical. But there again, needs must. Itch is scratched and 'true99blade's fulfilment is complete.

She'll also note that there are plenty who disagree with me, usually with their own evidence and that isn't replied with 'condescending' retorts.

pommpey
Baring in mind I wasn’t even engaging in conversation with you, you genuinely thought it was a good decision to use the pronoun ‘she’ as a way to condescend me… there’s quite a lot of growing up in store for ol’ pommpous. Have a word with yourself.

Fair few week since I visited “ My take” since you told me to view some other “ Wxxk bucket” thread actually.
Anyway I was in the local library yesterday and popped on their laptops , thought I’d have a look at all things Sheffield United. Flicked through and saw The Sheffield united Way , enjoyable by the way, but one of their guests was, assuming it was you , Pommpey?. The surprise was, you don’t look anything like you write. I was expecting you to have , curly but some what thinning dark hair ,thick glasses, not that thick you look a Twat but thick enough to be someone you would see in the street and ask directions of. A brown corduroy jacket with leather patched sleeves leaning on your glass topped computer table tapping out “ My Take” with your “ I’ll go with you anywhere dog sat at your feet”. The only thing I couldn’t gage was your height, some how thought you would be 5 foot nowt in your stocking feet dreaming of the days you where the last pick of the schools footy team.
Got to say though you spoke well and for some reason more generously of the Blades than you do when penning “ My Take”. I may , just may pop in and read your posts of the United games again,( if permitted 😂). I do miss though the parts of your posts of your life stories and your music gigs , l find them very interesting , more so than your footy synopsis of the Blades.
Anyways, if you are not the Pommpey in “The Sheffield United Way”, please ignore.

Fair few week since I visited “ My take” since you told me to view some other “ Wxxk bucket” thread actually.
Anyway I was in the local library yesterday and popped on their laptops , thought I’d have a look at all things Sheffield United. Flicked through and saw The Sheffield united Way , enjoyable by the way, but one of their guests was, assuming it was you , Pommpey?. The surprise was, you don’t look anything like you write. I was expecting you to have , curly but some what thinning dark hair ,thick glasses, not that thick you look a Twat but thick enough to be someone you would see in the street and ask directions of. A brown corduroy jacket with leather patched sleeves leaning on your glass topped computer table tapping out “ My Take” with your “ I’ll go with you anywhere dog sat at your feet”. The only thing I couldn’t gage was your height, some how thought you would be 5 foot nowt in your stocking feet dreaming of the days you where the last pick of the schools footy team.
Got to say though you spoke well and for some reason more generously of the Blades than you do when penning “ My Take”. I may , just may pop in and read your posts of the United games again,( if permitted 😂). I do miss though the parts of your posts of your life stories and your music gigs , l find them very interesting , more so than your footy synopsis of the Blades.
Anyways, if you are not the Pommpey in “The Sheffield United Way”, please ignore.

Crikey, thought I'd just tuned into an episode of 'Secret Crush'.....😘

Baring in mind I wasn’t even engaging in conversation with you, you genuinely thought it was a good decision to use the pronoun ‘she’ as a way to condescend me… there’s quite a lot of growing up in store for ol’ pommpous. Have a word with yourself.

But, it was about me, so forgive me for interjecting.

Nice use of 'pompous' too. That's never been done before (to little effect)

And ... triggered much at the pronoun?

pommpous

Raul is looking forward to a three cornered contest between Pommpous, Shitwell and Berk.

Raul is looking forward to a three cornered contest between Pommpous, Shitwell and Berk.
Bert has still got half that pie he bought in 1974, next Saturday when it lands on the back of your head you'll know who chucked it. 😁

Bert has still got half that pie he bought in 1974, next Saturday when it lands on the back of your head you'll know who chucked it. 😁
real blades throw bottles at fellow supporters

Crikey, thought I'd just tuned into an episode of 'Secret Crush'.....😘
Nah, just surprised to see Pommpey out of his writers uniform and speaking fairly about the Blades. Strange the image your brain perceives of people.

Back
Top Bottom