My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Absolutely it’s all about I’m a bigger Blade bollocks
Usually those who sat /stood In the same spot all their Blade watching life

Usually not taking in one moment of the game before them, but inwardly noting the Bladey-o-meter needle cocking forward one notch. Sometimes even the score is lost on them. It's all about the experience, a Sunshine coach trip out to a big park with loads of people.

pommpey

He can't. In years gone by Silent has been a Blades forum stalwart; a man of informed knowledge and deserved kudos.

Now his ovaries have dried up and his breasts lay pointing at the turf like Wombles' noses he's out on street corners screaming at traffic.

So sexist, eh?

pommpey

You are indeed a strange man… 👍🏼😃

Some people get pommpey, some don't. I'm in the latter group. Usually too harsh, too quick to have a go if someone bites, too, too, too.
He quite often sees games very differently to me but others very often agree with him, so perhaps it's me. Who knows?
His takes too often turn into slanging matches which I find tiresome.

I don't think his ability to hit long balls has ever been in question.

It's the fact that we seem to sometimes do it just for the sake of doing it without any purpose.
Yeah, he may be too long in the tooth to tell him, not every ball has to be a worldie.

He can't. In years gone by Silent has been a Blades forum stalwart; a man of informed knowledge and deserved kudos.

Now his ovaries have dried up and his breasts lay pointing at the turf like Wombles' noses he's out on street corners screaming at traffic.

So sexist, eh?

pommpey
You’d defiantly fit in with our crew with that humour but I don’t go to every home game especially if it’s on the red button
Oh fuck what have just said !!

Some people get pommpey, some don't. I'm in the latter group. Usually too harsh, too quick to have a go if someone bites, too, too, too.
He quite often sees games very differently to me but others very often agree with him, so perhaps it's me. Who knows?

Aaaaaand, the game?

pommpey

I wasnt go to comment on this tiresome thread ,but when your name is mentioned in a derogatory fashion by the author of the thread am I just supposed to take it ?
At least my response was only a couple of lines long eh ? And I didnt feel the need to mention sponk , snot or menstrual matters. Whatever floats your boat.

I enjoyed the first half thought we were the better side and Stoke were pretty average. Second half they scored and it gave them a lift. For twenty minutes they bossed us and I'm thinking, hell this season is going to be one of consolidation. Then the subs were made and Didzy did what he does best. Left Bramall Lane smiling.

In answer to your question @pommpey I enjoyed the first half thought we were the better side and Stoke were pretty average. Second half they scored and it gave them a lift. For twenty minutes they bossed us and I'm thinking, hell this season is going to be one of consolidation. Then the subs were made and Didzy did what he does best. Left Bramall Lane smiling.

Tell you what, once your erection has subsided from this petulant little tirade, how about you post something, anything, up about the match instead of waiting patiently to emerge from the cesspit in My take and offer your very personalised dogshit comments about (once again) 'me'? You can't can you? In actual fact, you possibly watch the game with your mouth open and dribble coming off your chin, with no fucking conscious opinion whatsoever, just the comfy fact that 'you are there' baby, and that's what matters.

😂😂😂😂

So you slag me off without even the courtesy of highlighting my name and expect me not to respond?
Welcome to the pommpey show.

Feller. School day tomorrow.

Put the turps down, and go to bed.

pommpey

A win's a win, however much we tried at one time to throw it away. Happy with certain aspects of today's game, namely when we brought a bit of class on the pitch to augment the areas which were showing endeavour, if not gash finishing.

Stoke may be in the playoffs but they flatter their position. Today they were fairly pedestrian and a better equipped strikeforce would have smashed them out of the park. Sure, they rode their luck in the first half and many begging chances shoulda-woulda-coulda gone in but I'm fed up of the excuses to be honest. They really hardly troubled Olsen today if but for a decent one handed save and of course their goal, which was similarly struck.

For us though we still clearly have Wilder in our bloodstream and the frustrating tendency to get it wide and into the crossing zone and fuck about endlessly still keeps manifesting itself. As said on previous occasions, once it's at the feet of MGW and Ndaiye, then we're off and they are running at, flicking it past, playing neat triangles (usually not receiving the ball back though) but at least doing something positive. We didn't look much troubled at the back but our central midfield is so fucking suspect with Fleck and Norwood. In defence of them however, they did give us glimpses of capability, but that was outweighed by shockingly sub-division levels of basic shit play. In other areas I thought we looked capable and together when building the attack ... at least up to 55 minutes ... but it just wouldn't go in. No surprise when they scored - this happens so much these days and like most I thought we were sunk, Not even Moussett or Hourihane could add to things but when Didsy came on there was intelligence and promise and suddenly Moussett is clear on goal and we are level. Deserved? Not really. But fuck it. Three minutes later we are at them again and Didsy himself slots in the winner. Deserved? Fucking too right. That is what I want to see. Us wanting to eat the game and fucking WIN.

Olsen 6/10: Not much to do. Tends to take too many touches, which makes me shit myself a bit. Good stop in the first half
Bogle 6/10: Thought it was a decent turnout for him. Got himself involved in some attacks
Egan 5.5/10: He still misses O'Connell, doesn't he?
Davies 5/10: He is a bit frail and vulnerable. Put it this way, if O'Connell is playing in his shirt, would you feel safer?
Stevens 6/10: Off/on outing for him. Looked clumsy and free-kick prone in the first half, but was in the right place to deliver in the second for Didsy's goal. Unlucky not to have scored with his cross shot
Norwood 4/10: One decent cross in the first half to the back stick but the rest was typical Norwood. Fragile, beatable in midfield and always apt to play a silly ball into trouble
Fleck 5.5/10: Slightly better from him but he's still bordering on Jimmy than John. And he's so easy to dispossess
Osborn 5.5/10: I think he has reached the zenith of his output now. His performances don't improve much, plenty of hustle and bustle but fuck all end product.
Ndaiye 6.5/10: He has skill and ability and reads the game well, but he can't do it on his own
Gibbs White 6/10: Another one, like Ndaiye, who looks hopelessly out of place in a team full of WIlder adherents. Both players' styles and approaches are so at odds with everything else. They want to run at oppositions and beat them into the box with clever approach work and one twos, the rest just want to get bogged down wide and dispossessed. He'll be gone in January.
Sharp 4/10: Not so Sharp today

Moussett 5/10: Two points on his actual score for actually scoring. Everything else was headless-chicken, clumsy and match rusty
McGoldrick 6.5/10: Always, when this bloke appears, our game changes. He's by no means the fastest, but he can see a goal opportunity and the killer place to be ten seconds before it is played
Hourihane 4/10: Not really sure why the fuck we have signed him TBH. Didn't Norwood just change shirts with him and come back on?

Really pleased with the three points. Really pleased with the win. Really pleased with our fightback. Not quite so pleased as to why we make it so much fucking hard work.

pommpey
5 for Davies is wildly harsh. Didn’t do anything wrong all game.

I still can’t get my head around how this thread turns into a slanging match every single week.

I don’t agree with everything that pomps says, but he usually makes me chuckle a few times and makes some good points, so I like to read it.

If people know they are going to get triggered why not just move past the thread to something that isn’t going to get them angry? Why get involved in a futile squabble?

A win's a win
Allo.

Awhin-Sahwin.jpg

I still can’t get my head around how this thread turns into a slanging match every single week.

I don’t agree with everything that pomps says, but he usually makes me chuckle a few times and makes some good points, so I like to read it.

If people know they are going to get triggered why not just move past the thread to something that isn’t going to get them angry? Why get involved in a futile squabble?

Because they can't. They've now started on Deadbat too. The only thing they don't have on him is the fact that he is geographically better suited to attend games, even though his write ups would easily make the Green Un every week given their attention to detail.

No, I feel there are four or five who lay in wait for 'My take ... ' to pop up (this week it was post-gig, and a late finisher, too) and it's almost as if they don't even read it, it's just so important to start trolling, hijack the thread and start the argument. One or two I have been on messageboards with for a couple of decades now, and it's plain they have real issues with anyone not actually, physically being seated in Bramall Lane on their ability to comment. Quite how they deal with the likes of Shearer and Wright commenting post match last season on MotD is anyone's guess. So it seems it's now 'personal', (i.e. its a mission to harrass me online, not so much what I post about a game because it's assumed that even if I was glowingly praiseworthy, my PoV is invalidated because I watched it on telly) Note also, when they post, there is precious little about the game, or United. It's all directed at me.

What they fail to realise is that I won't give in to their motives and I won't ever stop. Some who used to frequent 'My take ... ' and now don't, got the message and don't read or (I hope) even open the thread. I respect that. But one or two just lack the potatoes to resist the temptation and simply have to get the business started, because it gives them the validity in their rather sad lives. Their kids must be so proud.

pommpey

It is a bit silly but if someone puts out very strong opinions about something we are all passionate about you're always going to get a bit of back and forth. Does go a bit too far at times like.

Don't think Ndiaye justified being joint man of the match sorry bud.

Tried hard but didn't really have any impact today.

No impact apart from creating chances, drawing free kicks, almost scored himself.

Get him sold!

It is a bit silly but if someone puts out very strong opinions about something we are all passionate about you're always going to get a bit of back and forth. Does go a bit too far at times like.
I get that, and I can imagine someone stumbling into a 'My Take' thread for the first time getting wound up if they disagree.
But 90% of the time its people who habitually open it with a view to engaging in an ugly argument.
When someone annoys me, and a few have during my years on this forum, I pop them on ignore so they don't get the opportunity to raise my blood pressure.

I dont mind the marking's of Pompey, (our answer to Craig Revel Shitface ) - I mean its possible to disagree with them without being disagreeable if you want to, . More importantly we have to assess the team's performance overall. Was it good enough on Saturday.? Not really IMO. Are we getting better ? I think so , we are 5 points of a play-off place, but we still have to solve this problem of goal- scoring'
What is our best strike force, and are we now carrying players who are not going to advance our push for promotion.?
All good stuff to look forward to though for the rest of this season.

Because they can't. They've now started on Deadbat too. The only thing they don't have on him is the fact that he is geographically better suited to attend games, even though his write ups would easily make the Green Un every week given their attention to detail.

No, I feel there are four or five who lay in wait for 'My take ... ' to pop up (this week it was post-gig, and a late finisher, too) and it's almost as if they don't even read it, it's just so important to start trolling, hijack the thread and start the argument. One or two I have been on messageboards with for a couple of decades now, and it's plain they have real issues with anyone not actually, physically being seated in Bramall Lane on their ability to comment. Quite how they deal with the likes of Shearer and Wright commenting post match last season on MotD is anyone's guess. So it seems it's now 'personal', (i.e. its a mission to harrass me online, not so much what I post about a game because it's assumed that even if I was glowingly praiseworthy, my PoV is invalidated because I watched it on telly) Note also, when they post, there is precious little about the game, or United. It's all directed at me.

What they fail to realise is that I won't give in to their motives and I won't ever stop. Some who used to frequent 'My take ... ' and now don't, got the message and don't read or (I hope) even open the thread. I respect that. But one or two just lack the potatoes to resist the temptation and simply have to get the business started, because it gives them the validity in their rather sad lives. Their kids must be so proud.

pommpey
Oh get over yourself you touchy, trans-gendering, disabled, adolescent, fat ethnic minority puff. I bet you wear glasses anall, four eyes.

pommpey

We've clashed at various times over the last year or so. I fell into the trap of taking your "My Take" to heart if it didn't align with my own view of the match.

I now actually look forward to it as, even though it still doesn't always match my own view, I'm far more respective to other's points of view as they are just that "their view" and I genuinly LOL at the way you orate certain things at times.

We're not all ever going to see any game the same way as we all either consciously or sub conscioulsy have certain viewpoints that will always be hard to change but surely that's just what makes us human?

Keep up the good work fella 👍

We've clashed at various times over the last year or so. I fell into the trap of taking your "My Take" to heart if it didn't align with my own view of the match.

I now actually look forward to it as, even though it still doesn't always match my own view, I'm far more respective to other's points of view as they are just that "their view" and I genuinly LOL at the way you orate certain things at times.

We're not all ever going to see any game the same way as we all either consciously or sub conscioulsy have certain viewpoints that will always be hard to change but surely that's just what makes us human?

Keep up the good work fella 👍

Thanks Upton. A reasoned approach, which doesn't take 'My take' as a definitive judgement. It's simply 'my take'. Those who come on here and say 'I disagree ... and here's why' get every praise, but those who one-liner it with personalised slavver and Billy fucking Big Blade/I attend more matches than you, therefore you should shut up (without ever commenting on the match) are contemptible. As many have said, they should stop reading it if it hurts them so, but it makes me feel that even if my views and scorings aligned with theirs, they'd still be back. In any other universe it would be called victimisation, trolling and even online bullying. Obviously I don't really see it like that and deal with it accordingly, and no ... they'll never stop me.

pommpey

Thanks Upton. A reasoned approach, which doesn't take 'My take' as a definitive judgement. It's simply 'my take'. Those who come on here and say 'I disagree ... and here's why' get every praise, but those who one-liner it with personalised slavver and Billy fucking Big Blade/I attend more matches than you, therefore you should shut up (without ever commenting on the match) are contemptible. As many have said, they should stop reading it if it hurts them so, but it makes me feel that even if my views and scorings aligned with theirs, they'd still be back. In any other universe it would be called victimisation, trolling and even online bullying. Obviously I don't really see it like that and deal with it accordingly, and no ... they'll never stop me.

pommpey

Yeah I've never quite got the whole "you have to be at the match or your opinion doesn't count" viewpoint.

I've had a season ticket for more years than I care to admit as it shows how old I am (sore point) but I still don't go to every game as there are certain things that get in the way namely work or just having far much to do at home that means taking 6 hours out of my Saturday isn't possible (I don't live in Sheffield anymore). I've not actually "not seen" a game in years due to the amazing advent of VPN's, I'm just not always there in person so to say my view of a game isn't valid as I wasn't there in person is quite frankly insulting. Yes you get a "different" view on the box as to being there in person but doesn't meaqn it's better!

I thought apart from the period after their goal it was a good performance, and we had our worst period after Norwood went off to be fair.. Stoke were well organised and they didn't sit in after the goal, they tried to go for a 2nd.
Moose and McG especially sparked us back into life, after we seemed to lose our way.
We need to back it up now with another win v Millwall, although they are never easy games.. the only thing is, they have Rowett in charge, which gives me confidence of another 3 points.

Back
Top Bottom