My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A win's a win, however much we tried at one time to throw it away. Happy with certain aspects of today's game, namely when we brought a bit of class on the pitch to augment the areas which were showing endeavour, if not gash finishing.

Stoke may be in the playoffs but they flatter their position. Today they were fairly pedestrian and a better equipped strikeforce would have smashed them out of the park. Sure, they rode their luck in the first half and many begging chances shoulda-woulda-coulda gone in but I'm fed up of the excuses to be honest. They really hardly troubled Olsen today if but for a decent one handed save and of course their goal, which was similarly struck.

For us though we still clearly have Wilder in our bloodstream and the frustrating tendency to get it wide and into the crossing zone and fuck about endlessly still keeps manifesting itself. As said on previous occasions, once it's at the feet of MGW and Ndaiye, then we're off and they are running at, flicking it past, playing neat triangles (usually not receiving the ball back though) but at least doing something positive. We didn't look much troubled at the back but our central midfield is so fucking suspect with Fleck and Norwood. In defence of them however, they did give us glimpses of capability, but that was outweighed by shockingly sub-division levels of basic shit play. In other areas I thought we looked capable and together when building the attack ... at least up to 55 minutes ... but it just wouldn't go in. No surprise when they scored - this happens so much these days and like most I thought we were sunk, Not even Moussett or Hourihane could add to things but when Didsy came on there was intelligence and promise and suddenly Moussett is clear on goal and we are level. Deserved? Not really. But fuck it. Three minutes later we are at them again and Didsy himself slots in the winner. Deserved? Fucking too right. That is what I want to see. Us wanting to eat the game and fucking WIN.

Olsen 6/10: Not much to do. Tends to take too many touches, which makes me shit myself a bit. Good stop in the first half
Bogle 6/10: Thought it was a decent turnout for him. Got himself involved in some attacks
Egan 5.5/10: He still misses O'Connell, doesn't he?
Davies 5/10: He is a bit frail and vulnerable. Put it this way, if O'Connell is playing in his shirt, would you feel safer?
Stevens 6/10: Off/on outing for him. Looked clumsy and free-kick prone in the first half, but was in the right place to deliver in the second for Didsy's goal. Unlucky not to have scored with his cross shot
Norwood 4/10: One decent cross in the first half to the back stick but the rest was typical Norwood. Fragile, beatable in midfield and always apt to play a silly ball into trouble
Fleck 5.5/10: Slightly better from him but he's still bordering on Jimmy than John. And he's so easy to dispossess
Osborn 5.5/10: I think he has reached the zenith of his output now. His performances don't improve much, plenty of hustle and bustle but fuck all end product.
Ndaiye 6.5/10: He has skill and ability and reads the game well, but he can't do it on his own
Gibbs White 6/10: Another one, like Ndaiye, who looks hopelessly out of place in a team full of WIlder adherents. Both players' styles and approaches are so at odds with everything else. They want to run at oppositions and beat them into the box with clever approach work and one twos, the rest just want to get bogged down wide and dispossessed. He'll be gone in January.
Sharp 4/10: Not so Sharp today

Moussett 5/10: Two points on his actual score for actually scoring. Everything else was headless-chicken, clumsy and match rusty
McGoldrick 6.5/10: Always, when this bloke appears, our game changes. He's by no means the fastest, but he can see a goal opportunity and the killer place to be ten seconds before it is played
Hourihane 4/10: Not really sure why the fuck we have signed him TBH. Didn't Norwood just change shirts with him and come back on?

Really pleased with the three points. Really pleased with the win. Really pleased with our fightback. Not quite so pleased as to why we make it so much fucking hard work.

pommpey
Good report and thanks for the effort.

A little stingy on the scoring though as always 😂

Fuck me. It's like a madrassa in here isn't it? Rows and rows of Billy Big Blade adherents kneeling, chanting, smashing their foreheads into their carefully crafted stats books and following the mantra of 'unless you are physically sat in Bramall Lane, your opinion is invalid'. You're a convert Silent. Like Sitwell, your ovaries have packed up and the night sweats have started, and now you are in 'the change'. You never used to be like this. You used to be a very knowledgeable and wise owl on these boards with the kudos that you've attended plenty of games in your life but let's face it, you could have attended every fucking minutes of every match ever played since you were spat out of your mum's undermeats but your Bladeyness is zero point zero more credible than say, many of the remotely placed Blades overseas or even those sat in Sheffield and don't know where Bramall fucking Lane is.

So take your 'You weren't at the match' bollocks, craft it into a comfortable cigar shape, give it a moisten, lay on your side, lift a leg if needed and slip the fucker deep into your back passage, eh? Sharp's header? It gets 1 of the 4 for that. He was wasteful yesterday when offered the rare chance and wasn't the real Billy Sharp we have seen and know would have got a lot more. Elsewhere he wasn't much involved in attack save maybe for the build up to our first.

Happy, oh revered King of the Blades?

pommpey
Or why not go to a fucking match and justify your self proclaimed king of the reporters tag. Tedious, repetitive, boring, condescending, insulting, ceefax shit week after week. And some fall for it ,you wont even go to see them when they are on your doorstep.

A win's a win, however much we tried at one time to throw it away. Happy with certain aspects of today's game, namely when we brought a bit of class on the pitch to augment the areas which were showing endeavour, if not gash finishing.

Stoke may be in the playoffs but they flatter their position. Today they were fairly pedestrian and a better equipped strikeforce would have smashed them out of the park. Sure, they rode their luck in the first half and many begging chances shoulda-woulda-coulda gone in but I'm fed up of the excuses to be honest. They really hardly troubled Olsen today if but for a decent one handed save and of course their goal, which was similarly struck.

For us though we still clearly have Wilder in our bloodstream and the frustrating tendency to get it wide and into the crossing zone and fuck about endlessly still keeps manifesting itself. As said on previous occasions, once it's at the feet of MGW and Ndaiye, then we're off and they are running at, flicking it past, playing neat triangles (usually not receiving the ball back though) but at least doing something positive. We didn't look much troubled at the back but our central midfield is so fucking suspect with Fleck and Norwood. In defence of them however, they did give us glimpses of capability, but that was outweighed by shockingly sub-division levels of basic shit play. In other areas I thought we looked capable and together when building the attack ... at least up to 55 minutes ... but it just wouldn't go in. No surprise when they scored - this happens so much these days and like most I thought we were sunk, Not even Moussett or Hourihane could add to things but when Didsy came on there was intelligence and promise and suddenly Moussett is clear on goal and we are level. Deserved? Not really. But fuck it. Three minutes later we are at them again and Didsy himself slots in the winner. Deserved? Fucking too right. That is what I want to see. Us wanting to eat the game and fucking WIN.

Olsen 6/10: Not much to do. Tends to take too many touches, which makes me shit myself a bit. Good stop in the first half
Bogle 6/10: Thought it was a decent turnout for him. Got himself involved in some attacks
Davies 5/10: He is a bit frail and vulnerable. Put it this way, if O'Connell is playing in his shirt, would you feel safer?
Stevens 6/10: Off/on outing for him. Looked clumsy and free-kick prone in the first half, but was in the right place to deliver in the second for Didsy's goal. Unlucky not to have scored with his cross shot
Norwood 4/10: One decent cross in the first half to the back stick but the rest was typical Norwood. Fragile, beatable in midfield and always apt to play a silly ball into trouble
Fleck 5.5/10: Slightly better from him but he's still bordering on Jimmy than John. And he's so easy to dispossess
Osborn 5.5/10: I think he has reached the zenith of his output now. His performances don't improve much, plenty of hustle and bustle but fuck all end product.
Ndaiye 6.5/10: He has skill and ability and reads the game well, but he can't do it on his own
Gibbs White 6/10: Another one, like Ndaiye, who looks hopelessly out of place in a team full of WIlder adherents. Both players' styles and approaches are so at odds with everything else. They want to run at oppositions and beat them into the box with clever approach work and one twos, the rest just want to get bogged down wide and dispossessed. He'll be gone in January.

Moussett 5/10: Two points on his actual score for actually scoring. Everything else was headless-chicken, clumsy and match rusty
McGoldrick 6.5/10: Always, when this bloke appears, our game changes. He's by no means the fastest, but he can see a goal opportunity and the killer place to be ten seconds before it is played
Hourihane 4/10: Not really sure why the fuck we have signed him TBH. Didn't Norwood just change shirts with him and come back on?

Really pleased with the three points. Really pleased with the win. Really pleased with our fightback. Not quite so pleased as to why we make it so much fucking hard work.

pommpey
"Davies 5" watch Mousset's goal and then rethink what he offers to the team

"Davies 5" watch Mousset's goal and then rethink what he offers to the team

Agreed. The whole point of bringing Davies is that he can defend but also offers progressive passing forward. His pass to start the move off for a goal was one that few centre halves can make at this level.

You know, I could possibly play a half for United and smack some long lofted passes across the pitch. The fact that they get to the player who is already being closed down or that that player is in a position completely bereft of outlets (apart from backwards and back across the defence and up the other wing into the dead zone) might still get me the 'stats' where observers might get excited by.

My question is this: How many assists has Norwood got this season? For all his pings, how many result in goals, or at least attempts on target? How threatening is Norwood's gift to the opposition. Compare if you will, to the gift that giving a free kick away outside the box against Southampton is when James Ward-Prowse steps up to take it or a breakaway attack involving Kevin de Bruyne has when he is driving the counter through the centre of the park. Put simply, when Norwood gets the ball a third of the way into our half, all opposition players know exactly what is is going to do (i.e. Hollywood ball into no-mans land) and not going to do (i.e. take the ball up the field and lay off a killer ground pass or even have a crack on goal - being as he has such sweet feet, apparently)

pommpey
A Hollywood ball is a poor subsitute for solid defending,killer passing,good delivery into the danger areas,shots on target,goals,good set pieces and just about every other aspect of the game I can think off.
If I never saw Norwood do another one but instead he got a bit better at everything else that would do me.

pommpey
Spot on as usual,Pommpey,good you stayed up until 2.01am to write this "my take".

I think it’s reached a point with a lot of these reports where the posters have long since determined their evaluation of the team’s prospects this year and fit their ratings around that, rather than the matches themselves.
I think too, seeing the game live or on a phone/TV gives you a very different perspective.

LIES !!! He's wank and so is fleck.

The Norwood and Fleck criticism is interesting.

The key is to recognise their strengths and weakness and how it fits our style of play.
Under Wilder they were both excellent players….Norwood sat deep playing a quarter back role spraying the ball out to the wingbacks.
Fleck played a nice save keep possesion game forming a good understanding with Stevens and O’Connell regards overloading the left wing.

Even when at their best I‘ve always said neither player are anything special….they only look good because we played to their strengths,

Norwood has always been lightweight, always offered zero physicality, can’t tackle and lacks pace.
Fleck often has a tendency to be lazy and choose the safe short sideways pass option.
With both in the team they never drive or created much down the middle….everything went out to the wings.

This then raises the question regards whether Berge could be a better long term solution regards improving our midfield.
If we put Berge in midfield we gain something new but if we take out Norwood or Fleck then we lose something.

pommpey
Overall a bit mean with your marking this time.

We played some very good football for much of the match, especially in the first half, the first part of the second and the last ten minutes.

Gibbs-White won the ball several times defensively and contributed well to the attack. Sharp`s touch and reactions were poor in the first half, but in the second stretched their defence with his runs. Davies had a decent game also, but I agree with you about Norwood.

pommpey

Good report that Pommp's except that all your marks should be at least one point more, overall it was a good team performance.
Don't make Osborne a "whipping boy" he ran his socks off in the first half and was involved in driving us forward and he's not without a bit of skill,
don't think he would be good enough for the Prem' when we get there but he is a very solid Champ' player.
Midfield still the weak link, as you say Ndiaye and Gibbs White can't do it on their own.
Still, I woke up with a smile on my face and it wasn't anything to do with what the wife was doing 😁 - and the sun is shining here in "sunny Spain"

He is neat and tidy on it but watched him carefully yesterday and any physical challenge he tends to look unconvincing. He lost three 50-50 high balls/blocks in quick succession 2nd half. Another who is too soft and weak. Needs to impose himself much more. He us decent on the ball I agree.

Overall a signing that has been a bit meh. He's better than Jack Robinson but is he better than Bash? It's only his left footed-ness that he has over him really.

Him, Olsen and Hourihane have had minimal to little impact so far. The latter barely playing and seems a waste of a loan. Gibbs White is the only signing of the 4 that has made a big difference.

We have to do much better in January after another seemingly poor recruitment with sizeable loan fees not really being justified. Yet.
Agree re Davies and his lack of physicality. At the death he lost out to Fletcher in the air and they nearly got in on goal. He also committed the cardinal defenders sin for their goal. Solid defenders don't turn their back on the ball when the oppo. forward shoots. If he's looking at the ball he has the chance to get a block in. Having said that Egan and Norwood were more culpable with their weak attempts to dispossess Brown.

Agree almost 100% with ya there pomp’s
If O’Connell was in this side we’d be top 2
This league is shite and if a team wins 3-4 games on the bounce there into the players
Stoke were very ordinary in my book ,
And it was only when we got it out wider and used it better did our good play come through
If Dizzy was 5 years younger ( well we wouldn’t be able t afford him for 1 ) but him and the law firm would destroy the poorer teams in this league
First game home in over 2 years and enjoyed the match , the pints and my friends
Pity the Nottingham wankers in Manchester on their train held mine up out to the airport meaning I spent a night in the airport and 100 notes lighter

Pommpey is one of the worst that likes to dish out but cant take it in

Aw bless. Says he who repeatedly 'goes personal' first without any reference to the game.

HRT, hun?

pommpey

Fuck me. It's like a madrassa in here isn't it? Rows and rows of Billy Big Blade adherents kneeling, chanting, smashing their foreheads into their carefully crafted stats books and following the mantra of 'unless you are physically sat in Bramall Lane, your opinion is invalid'. You're a convert Silent. Like Sitwell, your ovaries have packed up and the night sweats have started, and now you are in 'the change'. You never used to be like this. You used to be a very knowledgeable and wise owl on these boards with the kudos that you've attended plenty of games in your life but let's face it, you could have attended every fucking minutes of every match ever played since you were spat out of your mum's undermeats but your Bladeyness is zero point zero more credible than say, many of the remotely placed Blades overseas or even those sat in Sheffield and don't know where Bramall fucking Lane is.

So take your 'You weren't at the match' bollocks, craft it into a comfortable cigar shape, give it a moisten, lay on your side, lift a leg if needed and slip the fucker deep into your back passage, eh? Sharp's header? It gets 1 of the 4 for that. He was wasteful yesterday when offered the rare chance and wasn't the real Billy Sharp we have seen and know would have got a lot more. Elsewhere he wasn't much involved in attack save maybe for the build up to our first.

pommpey
1634470075628.png

The Norwood and Fleck criticism is interesting.

The key is to recognise their strengths and weakness and how it fits our style of play.
Under Wilder they were both excellent players….Norwood sat deep playing a quarter back role spraying the ball out to the wingbacks.
Fleck played a nice save keep possesion game forming a good understanding with Stevens and O’Connell regards overloading the left wing.

Even when at their best I‘ve always said neither player are anything special….they only look good because we played to their strengths,

Norwood has always been lightweight, always offered zero physicality, can’t tackle and lacks pace.
Fleck often has a tendency to be lazy and choose the safe short sideways pass option.
With both in the team they never drive or created much down the middle….everything went out to the wings.

This then raises the question regards whether Berge could be a better long term solution regards improving our midfield.
If we put Berge in midfield we gain something new but if we take out Norwood or Fleck then we lose something.
Looking at most other championship teams,they all have 2or3 pacey players who do things ours don't.

Bert didn't think that Sharp had a great game however
you repeatedly insult people by implying that they are female.

You need to have a think about that.

The day pommpey takes moral lessons from Bert is the day United win the Premier League.

pommpey

Or why not go to a fucking match and justify your self proclaimed king of the reporters tag. Tedious, repetitive, boring, condescending, insulting, ceefax shit week after week. And some fall for it ,you wont even go to see them when they are on your doorstep.

Aw bless. Is this because I turned down your nice offer of tickets for the Bournemouth game? Thanks for that. Normally I'd have snatched your spiteful, hateful hand off but as described (and clearly you weren't paying much attention, what with your 'issues') a family matter arose which prevented me attending. Sorry and all that. My bad. Pretty sure if I let you in on the details, you'd understand, but that's not important in your world, is it Cleatus? Just 'being at the match' and 'being a Billy fucking Big Blade' means that you are righteous, and just, and true ... to you.

Tell you what, once your erection has subsided from this petulant little tirade, how about you post something, anything, up about the match instead of waiting patiently to emerge from the cesspit in My take and offer your very personalised dogshit comments about (once again) 'me'? You can't can you? In actual fact, you possibly watch the game with your mouth open and dribble coming off your chin, with no fucking conscious opinion whatsoever, just the comfy fact that 'you are there' baby, and that's what matters.

Over to you. Speak to me about the football you saw against the football I saw and you might just capture the lost credibility you crave.

pommpey

If you don't rate Stoke as a decent championship team, then it's very easy to trash our performance and slag off several of our players. If you consider that Stoke might just be top 6 contenders, that they outplayed and put the skids under WBA in their last match, then you might be able to have a more objective view on the game and perhaps offer a more balanced view of it.

We deserved to win & maybe for once this season got the rub of the green ,thought they were another solid well organised team without been owt special . I’m yet to see a good championship side with the quality of some of the promoted sides in recent times . Bournemouth top of the table & unbeaten .. I thought they were bang average . We still look like conceding at the back & they goal yesterday was piss poor defending , reverted to square passing mode in the second half and without the subs we would have lost that one . Good first half & last 15 mins .. still work in progress & another 3 points in the bag ⚔️

pommpey

I very rarely and genuinely "lol" at anything on this forum.

But this 😂😂😂😂😂

I propose that SUTV mimick the Gino/Fred/Gordon show on ITV and pay for pommpey , sitwell and Silent Blade to live together in a motorhome for the rest of the season.

A fly on the wall format which follows their journey to home & away matches. Their post-match discussion is scheduled immediately after they've all sank 7 pints each.

(The only stipulation being that Pommps has to watch the games on an iPad).

I very rarely and genuinely "lol" at anything on this forum.

But this 😂😂😂😂😂

I propose that SUTV mimick the Gino/Fred/Gordon show on ITV and pay for pommpey , sitwell and Silent Blade to live together in a motorhome for the rest of the season.

A fly on the wall format which follows their journey to home & away matches. Their post-match discussion is scheduled immediately after they've all sank 7 pints each.

(The only stipulation being that Pommps has to watch the games on an iPad).
This is priceless Deadly! It would have to be shown after the watershed though, due to the extreme violence caused to opinions and egos!!😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom