My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well, not you mentioning sucking my dick. That's a 'fact' I'd like struck from the record, you curious, weird individual

There's filthy toilet humour, and there's projecting. I think I'll leave it there.

So filthy toilet humour is fine, especially if it's in one of your match reports, but this 'projecting' thing is strictly verbooten?

It's amazing what one can learn on here.

I bet the place is a musical atmosphere of high standards and audience joy. Mainly sweaty, skinheaded, brutish men, wrestling with each other ...

Hang on ... there's a crossing of homoerotic ley lines here, isn't there?

Are you 'projecting' there? Careful, you'll have to tell yourself off at this rate.

Norwood MOTM for me. Excellent distribution and not his fault if it resulted in nothing - that's for others to sort.

Baldock, extremely frustrating when he nearly always refuses to knock it in first time. He must be so easy to read for the oppo defenders.

Get the fucker in first time. It's up to the strikers to get on the end of them.

Still think we need wingers, just don't know how it's going to happen though 🤔

Overall, great result even if it was less convincing.

We march on!

UTMB!

If anyone is going to watch the game back in full, I would be really interested to know how many times both Derby goalkeepers tried to put the ball out towards the Baldocks on the wing and how many times they actually only succeeded in putting the ball into touch.

So filthy toilet humour is fine, especially if it's in one of your match reports, but this 'projecting' thing is strictly verbooten?

Well, there's piss and shit and other such missives, and then there's mentioning I'd want your mouth anywhere near my dick. That seems like it's coming from your side and something you've been struggling with.

It's amazing what one can learn on here.

Evidently.

Are you 'projecting' there? Careful, you'll have to tell yourself off at this rate.

Well, no. But it is you who like violently mixing it up with other hot, brawny males in t-shirts, jeans and boots at a tavern in town.

My band seems to attract males too. But a lot, if not more females too. I'm quite comforted with that demographic.

pommpey

It's good of you to point that out, rather than be a snarky twat who drops in every now and then and offers nothing but slaver.

However, many watch it on television, some even contribute to v-blogs too. It doesn't denude their opinion, does it? My point is this, although Norwood finds the man out wide, it isn't a progressive footballing move. Oppositions simply overload what isn't in fact our overload any more. Our receiver always goes backwards. So what's the point? I get it fans think Norwood has a wand of a foot and yeah, he does. But does anything he feeds out to the flanks result in a goal? If not, why? Also if not, why are we doing it? Do you not think oppositions are now inviting him to do it- allowing RND/Enda/George to creep up the wing with their arms up because they know Norwood will try the ping and then they just deploy four out to block the advance, forcing us instantly backwards and across the other side? Rinse and repeat. Nothing actually gets done and it's odds on they'll intercept and counter. It's been the same since last season, possibly post lockdown the season before. Predictable stuff.

When Norwood finds someone central however, we are in a different game. And he never, ever runs with the ball, gains ten, fifteen, twenty metres and puts the opposition on the back foot. I don't need to be at the game to see that, believe me.

pommpey
He doesnt run with ball because thats not what hes good at ,Billy Sharp dribble it out from left back ,Egan doesnt take corners ,Fleck doesnt play the spare man defending corners ,why not look at what players are good at. Almost everything Norwood did on Saturday was excellent and got us on the front foot. I reckon you dont really watch the game or simply dont understand it. MGW and Ndaiye had off days ,like players do and you want to pin that on Norwood too ? What about the queues for the beer at half time ,sort that out Norwood FFS , as for the petrol situation.....

He doesnt run with ball because thats not what hes good at ,Billy Sharp dribble it out from left back ,Egan doesnt take corners ,Fleck doesnt play the spare man defending corners ,why not look at what players are good at. Almost everything Norwood did on Saturday was excellent and got us on the front foot. I reckon you dont really watch the game or simply dont understand it. MGW and Ndaiye had off days ,like players do and you want to pin that on Norwood too ? What about the queues for the beer at half time ,sort that out Norwood FFS , as for the petrol situation.....

Started well, then by sentence two, you're two or three sips in and getting giddy again, aren't you, treacle?

So, Norwood should just stick to what he's good at, namely twatting the ball out to the flanks. I see. Now with that predictability, who's the one who doesn't understand football now? Strange how we were so much 'on the front foot' yet even against ten fucking men we still relied on a last ditch penalty to win the game. The way you speak of Norwood it's like every time the ball leaves his gifted feet we go another goal ahead. Tell me you understand that that is simply bollocks, will you?

The reason Ndaiye and MGW have 'off days' is because they are stood in the L/RAM positions begging for the ball (and Norwood and Fleck to move toward goal with them would be good) yet as soon as our 'maestro' gets it he taps it to one side and winds his foot ball and clouts it stylishly across to Baldock stood waiting to receive it with three players already closing him down and no way forward up the flank.

pommpey

Started well, then by sentence two, you're two or three sips in and getting giddy again, aren't you, treacle?

So, Norwood should just stick to what he's good at, namely twatting the ball out to the flanks. I see. Now with that predictability, who's the one who doesn't understand football now? Strange how we were so much 'on the front foot' yet even against ten fucking men we still relied on a last ditch penalty to win the game. The way you speak of Norwood it's like every time the ball leaves his gifted feet we go another goal ahead. Tell me you understand that that is simply bollocks, will you?

The reason Ndaiye and MGW have 'off days' is because they are stood in the L/RAM positions begging for the ball (and Norwood and Fleck to move toward goal with them would be good) yet as soon as our 'maestro' gets it he taps it to one side and winds his foot ball and clouts it stylishly across to Baldock stood waiting to receive it with three players already closing him down and no way forward up the flank.

pommpey
You really have proved everything I was saying there. You think Norwood 'smacks' 'twats' and 'clouts' the ball , maybe football isnt for you. Have you ever seen him play live btw ?

What real chances on goal came from him smacking it across to Baldock and RND?

pommpey

As has been pointed out elsewhere, not every single kick of the ball has to be a direct attempt to create a chance - modern football tactics are a bit more sophisticated than that. By pushing some balls wide, it forces the other team to stretch their defence to cover the flanks. Next time we get the ball, their full backs might be out wide and it makes it easier to find a gap through the middle.

When I was a kid, I could never understand why bowlers in Test matches didn't just aim for the stumps every time. Of course, I now realise that an approach like that would be meat and veg for a batsman. It's much harder when the bowler mixes it up a bit, tempting the batmen into opening up.

It was tough yesterday. Three different baits in various spots, with little sign of active feeding. Four liners and a few vague bleeps on the Delks. My buddy in an adjacent peg landed an 18:2 mirror though

pommpey
Some sessions are like that! I've blanked whilst my mate fishing a fe rod lengths away has bagged multiple fish, there's so many factors at play that the reason could be absolutely anything

You really have proved everything I was saying there. You think Norwood 'smacks' 'twats' and 'clouts' the ball , maybe football isnt for you. Have you ever seen him play live btw ?

Your default argument - every time - is my lack of attendance at the game. If you yourself attended every game however, I'm sure you'll admit that even around you, there are people who see the same single-angle visuals as you yet their point of view is different. How do you deal with them, SItwell? Do you get even more snarky with them and say 'well, if you were sat in my seat, you'd have a better understanding of what my point of view is'? You're not gifted with any more a correct opinion than anyone else who watches the game Sitwell. You need to hang up those prejudices you own and stop being the bellend you never was a few years ago on here and other sites. We all see it differently, we have our own opinions. Come on here and get cunty and you'll get cunty back I'm afraid and your 'you don't go to matches' schtick gains zero traction, because firstly it's bollocks, and secondly it insults not just me but every other Blade who doesn't get the fortune to live in the region and get to Bramall Lane every other weekend. On your logic, no one outside the ground is entitled to any say so on Sheffield United. And then you get all weepy when people like me call you a Billy Big Blade. For your info, I am currently working hard to get a ticket for next Saturday's game down here on the South Coast by hook or by crook. As you'll imagine with a small ground like the Vitality, it isn't easy but if I get it and see Norwood playing the same shit, will you then accept I see it differently and won't be convinced until you come up with either your own 'My take ...' or some form of evidence to counter it?

Or will you, like Norwood, play the same old predictable shit, which gets you nowhere?

pommpey

As has been pointed out elsewhere, not every single kick of the ball has to be a direct attempt to create a chance - modern football tactics are a bit more sophisticated than that. By pushing some balls wide, it forces the other team to stretch their defence to cover the flanks. Next time we get the ball, their full backs might be out wide and it makes it easier to find a gap through the middle.

Y'see, I see it different. Every single kick does have to be one which leads to you winning the game. Why play, otherwise?

When I was a kid, I could never understand why bowlers in Test matches didn't just aim for the stumps every time. Of course, I now realise that an approach like that would be meat and veg for a batsman. It's much harder when the bowler mixes it up a bit, tempting the batmen into opening up.

So, in the same vein, why (for Norwood) do the same thing, week in, week out? When he doesn't (the ball down the middle to Sharp) shit happens.

If he varied his game instead of making it so bloody readable, then he might make those openings.

pommpey

Y'see, I see it different. Every single kick does have to be one which leads to you winning the game. Why play, otherwise?

I said "not every single kick of the ball has to be a direct attempt to create a chance". It is very much a strategy to help win the game.

So, in the same vein, why (for Norwood) do the same thing, week in, week out? When he doesn't (the ball down the middle to Sharp) shit happens.

If he varied his game instead of making it so bloody readable, then he might make those openings.

Which kind of proves the point. By stretching the defenders out wide, it creates the opportunity to play down the middle and create a chance. The point is that he has to vary his game, which involves short passes, playing through-balls and pinging it out wide. Criticising him because some of his passes were out wide misses the point - if they all went through the middle they'd be predictable and easy to deal with. In the last few matches, he's been mixing it up (last season and the first five games this year, he didn't).

Your default argument - every time - is my lack of attendance at the game. If you yourself attended every game however, I'm sure you'll admit that even around you, there are people who see the same single-angle visuals as you yet their point of view is different. How do you deal with them, SItwell? Do you get even more snarky with them and say 'well, if you were sat in my seat, you'd have a better understanding of what my point of view is'? You're not gifted with any more a correct opinion than anyone else who watches the game Sitwell. You need to hang up those prejudices you own and stop being the bellend you never was a few years ago on here and other sites. We all see it differently, we have our own opinions. Come on here and get cunty and you'll get cunty back I'm afraid and your 'you don't go to matches' schtick gains zero traction, because firstly it's bollocks, and secondly it insults not just me but every other Blade who doesn't get the fortune to live in the region and get to Bramall Lane every other weekend. On your logic, no one outside the ground is entitled to any say so on Sheffield United. And then you get all weepy when people like me call you a Billy Big Blade. For your info, I am currently working hard to get a ticket for next Saturday's game down here on the South Coast by hook or by crook. As you'll imagine with a small ground like the Vitality, it isn't easy but if I get it and see Norwood playing the same shit, will you then accept I see it differently and won't be convinced until you come up with either your own 'My take ...' or some form of evidence to counter it?

Or will you, like Norwood, play the same old predictable shit, which gets you nowhere?

pommpey

I said "not every single kick of the ball has to be a direct attempt to create a chance". It is very much a strategy to help win the game.

Which kind of proves the point. By stretching the defenders out wide, it creates the opportunity to play down the middle and create a chance. The point is that he has to vary his game, which involves short passes, playing through-balls and pinging it out wide. Criticising him because some of his passes were out wide misses the point - if they all went through the middle they'd be predictable and easy to deal with. In the last few matches, he's been mixing it up (last season and the first five games this year, he didn't).
He and MGW are the only ones brave enough to play the passes which may lead to some of the crowd getting on their backs.

Oh, Christ. That bloke gives me the fucking shits. He was ace about ten years ago - 'that Asian bloke' massively into carp fishing. He was brilliant on S1 and S2 of Thinking Tackle and someone you could believe in.

Then he discovered money, celebrity mates (namely TOWIE bellends after a pay day who truly didn't give a fuck about riparian activities) and his own fucking bloated ego. He's split with Korda now (even though Danny Fairbrass is terminally ill with cancer) and seems to think everyone will migrate over to his world, that of fishing waters overseas no one on meagre budgets would even think or dream of fishing.

He should have stuck to his fucking roots and remember that for many, it is a lifestyle played out on slender money.

pommpey
1632760806103.png

I used to enjoy his adventures with Dean Macey.

Now i'm more into Bob and Paul.

1632760964920.png

He and MGW are the only ones brave enough to play the passes which may lead to some of the crowd getting on their backs.

That's definitely true at the moment (probably Ndiaye as well). Having defended Norwood a lot last year though, I have to admit that he lost that bravery. It wasn't helped that he also lost a lot of the options, but our biggest downfall (amongst many) last year was the automatic default to 'safe' passing.

Well, there's piss and shit and other such missives, and then there's mentioning I'd want your mouth anywhere near my dick. That seems like it's coming from your side and something you've been struggling with.

Yes thanks oh wise one.

You really should charge for this therapy and I feel so much better now.

Have you ever seen him play live btw ?

I really hope you are not one of these naysayers who actually think that watching the game live is better than a big widescreen, tablet or even phone.

Our top South Coast correspondent has made it very clear how the benefit of the replays, pundits and his superior assessment, gives him a far better picture than the average pleb in the ground.

BTW, I think the answer to your question is 'NO' as when he does go, he makes sure everybody knows all about it.

pommpey - I genuinely have no problem with you not coming to the Lane. Loads of others on here don't come either. You are of course entitled to your views but flaming anybody else who doesn't agree with your anti-Norwood, anti-McBurnie ('McPub - ho ho ho) and anti-Ramsdale ('Ramsfail') bollocks does tend to stick in the gullet for us stupid brainwashed happy clappers who just want our team to do well.

All good there then and that's probably the end of this thread?

I really hope you are not one of these naysayers who actually think that watching the game live is better than a big widescreen, tablet or even phone.

Our top South Coast correspondent has made it very clear how the benefit of the replays, pundits and his superior assessment, gives him a far better picture than the average pleb in the ground.

BTW, I think the answer to your question is 'NO' as when he does go, he makes sure everybody knows all about it.

pommpey - I genuinely have no problem with you not coming to the Lane. Loads of others on here don't come either. You are of course entitled to your views but flaming anybody else who doesn't agree with your anti-Norwood, anti-McBurnie ('McPub - ho ho ho) and anti-Ramsdale ('Ramsfail') bollocks does tend to stick in the gullet for us stupid brainwashed happy clappers who just want our team to do well.

play up pompey

Are you saying that someone in the JSS lower, down by the BL end could see that handball by Derby better than I did - even on a mobile phone - on Saturday?

You do understand that most matchday cameras are aimed to have the ball in the centre of the screen at all times, so incidents such as those, on four, five, six different viewpoints makes mine and others watching at home a tad superior to someone sat behind a fat lass in the TC Stand. Y'see, VAR works off that principle too.

I genuinely have no problem with you not coming to the Lane.

Clearly not. That's why you brought it up.

Loads of others on here don't come either.

Well observed

You are of course entitled to your views but flaming anybody else who doesn't agree with your anti-Norwood, anti-McBurnie ('McPub - ho ho ho) and anti-Ramsdale ('Ramsfail') bollocks does tend to stick in the gullet for us stupid brainwashed happy clappers who just want our team to do well.

Okay. Where to start?

McBurnie? I gave him a nickname. Bit like Div One Wes (not mine) or C3PO (one of mine). Are you seriously hurt by that? Tell me McBurnie doesn't reek of ale house Sunday mudclogging when he comes on to mix it up and shithouse his way most matches. Tell me he is full of goals. Tell me he's deadly in the box. Tell me he is undeserved of his nickname. Does his paltry goals return not stick in your gullet more?

Ramsfail? Not mine, I'm afraid. I did say he was a fucking car crash, and here's something ... from the Wolves game onwards the evidence was all there ... sloppy palm outs, late, late dives, balls coasting under his body. The odd save, but can you honestly say we'd be any better off this season with him?

And what makes you think I don't want our team to do well? Are you fucking crazy?

It will be when non-contributors such as you do what you always say you are going to do and stay the fuck out of it. Go start your own thread.

pommpey

Are you saying that someone in the JSS lower, down by the BL end could see that handball by Derby better than I did - even on a mobile phone - on Saturday?

You do understand that most matchday cameras are aimed to have the ball in the centre of the screen at all times, so incidents such as those, on four, five, six different viewpoints makes mine and others watching at home a tad superior to someone sat behind a fat lass in the TC Stand. Y'see, VAR works off that principle too.

Clearly not. That's why you brought it up.

Well observed

Okay. Where to start?

McBurnie? I gave him a nickname. Bit like Div One Wes (not mine) or C3PO (one of mine). Are you seriously hurt by that? Tell me McBurnie doesn't reek of ale house Sunday mudclogging when he comes on to mix it up and shithouse his way most matches. Tell me he is full of goals. Tell me he's deadly in the box. Tell me he is undeserved of his nickname. Does his paltry goals return not stick in your gullet more?

Ramsfail? Not mine, I'm afraid. I did say he was a fucking car crash, and here's something ... from the Wolves game onwards the evidence was all there ... sloppy palm outs, late, late dives, balls coasting under his body. The odd save, but can you honestly say we'd be any better off this season with him?

And what makes you think I don't want our team to do well? Are you fucking crazy?

It will be when non-contributors such as you do what you always say you are going to do and stay the fuck out of it. Go start your own thread.

pommpey
So you only want arse lickers to read your threads then , anyone with a different point of view can fuck off and start their own thread ? Is that how forms work ?

So you only want arse lickers to read your threads then , anyone with a different point of view can fuck off and start their own thread ? Is that how forms work ?

Not sure how 'forms' work as such.

Forums however are usually based on mutual respect and consensus. Plenty in this thread disagree with me and they have my respect. You however descend upon 'My take ...' with worrying regularity just to be snarky and obtuse for your own personal audience, usually the same old faces who do the same. You're pretty light on match detail too which suggests you have a personal agenda, rather than a point to make about Sheffield United and the game just seen. Whatever the way, it also seems that you are in some way trying to silence me, usually using the tired old method of Billy Big Bladey 'you don't go to the match', like it's some glistening medal of honour. Again, I don't hear much about your magical match experience which suggests you spend most of your time either pissed or observing the paintwork in the stand where you sit and get this 360 degree, up-close-and-personal viewpoint that is better than what the telly gives.

If you feel you have something to say (and can take people parachuting in and being a cunt about it) start your own matchday experience thread, why dontcha? Call it, 'Sitwell's Super Satdi' or 'I wuz at teh match, me ... ' or summat. Try to make it different from the very forensic but very readable Deadbat's account and the clearly not to your taste 'My take ... ' and deal with those who disagree respectfully and those who are simply there to fluff their own online egos. Either way, I believe you're pledged to give me a wide berth before, so why not do something positive and do just that. You offer fuck all but extending 'My take ... ' well past it's shelf life with your drivel.

Off you trot, Sitwell.

pommpey

Not sure how 'forms' work as such.

Forums however are usually based on mutual respect and consensus. Plenty in this thread disagree with me and they have my respect. You however descend upon 'My take ...' with worrying regularity just to be snarky and obtuse for your own personal audience, usually the same old faces who do the same. You're pretty light on match detail too which suggests you have a personal agenda, rather than a point to make about Sheffield United and the game just seen. Whatever the way, it also seems that you are in some way trying to silence me, usually using the tired old method of Billy Big Bladey 'you don't go to the match', like it's some glistening medal of honour. Again, I don't hear much about your magical match experience which suggests you spend most of your time either pissed or observing the paintwork in the stand where you sit and get this 360 degree, up-close-and-personal viewpoint that is better than what the telly gives.

If you feel you have something to say (and can take people parachuting in and being a cunt about it) start your own matchday experience thread, why dontcha? Call it, 'Sitwell's Super Satdi' or 'I wuz at teh match, me ... ' or summat. Try to make it different from the very forensic but very readable Deadbat's account and the clearly not to your taste 'My take ... ' and deal with those who disagree respectfully and those who are simply there to fluff their own online egos. Either way, I believe you're pledged to give me a wide berth before, so why not do something positive and do just that. You offer fuck all but extending 'My take ... ' well past it's shelf life with your drivel.

Off you trot, Sitwell.

pommpey
Ok Ill respectfully not be a cunt next time I dont agree with how you slag Utd players off.
Sorry for going to the games btw ,my bad.

Ok Ill respectfully not be a cunt next time I dont agree with how you slag Utd players off.
Sorry for going to the games btw ,my bad.

Plenty on here 'slag players off'. Do you think, for example, Robinson has deserved the dog's abuse he has had since he has been the misplaced option for Jack O'Connell? What about Jimmy Fleck? Ramsdale, when he lets a goal drift past him which would mean the difference between three and one point? Again, I don't see you working other posters over for their comments, some of which are a tad saltier than mine.

Posters in this thread say they disagree and why. And that is that. None of this 'you don't go to matches' shit and no personalised stuff either. That, Sitwell, is what forums are about. You, me and a few others have been at this Blades online game decades now. I thought you'd know this. I have many 'enemies' on here who would clearly like me never to post on S24SU ever again. I get that. But they do themselves and myself the credit of ignoring the fuck out of anything I post and I absolutely appreciate that, truly I do.

I envy you going to the match. Were I living in Sheffield, I would be a long time season ticket holder, as my two best mates still are and sit in the BLUT for as many matches as they are able to.

pommpey

Plenty on here 'slag players off'. Do you think, for example, Robinson has deserved the dog's abuse he has had since he has been the misplaced option for Jack O'Connell? What about Jimmy Fleck? Ramsdale, when he lets a goal drift past him which would mean the difference between three and one point? Again, I don't see you working other posters over for their comments, some of which are a tad saltier than mine.

Posters in this thread say they disagree and why. And that is that. None of this 'you don't go to matches' shit and no personalised stuff either. That, Sitwell, is what forums are about. You, me and a few others have been at this Blades online game decades now. I thought you'd know this. I have many 'enemies' on here who would clearly like me never to post on S24SU ever again. I get that. But they do themselves and myself the credit of ignoring the fuck out of anything I post and I absolutely appreciate that, truly I do.

I envy you going to the match. Were I living in Sheffield, I would be a long time season ticket holder, as my two best mates still are and sit in the BLUT for as many matches as they are able to.

pommpey
Never personal ,not my thing ,in fact I quite like you ,just cant get my head around the Norwood hate ,so I bite ,and love getting you to bite back ;)

Back
Top Bottom