My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

pommpey

THE FUTURE ... AS IT USED TO BE
Reaction score
Pleased with today's performance. Hull are amongst a string of teams we have played recently who we 'should' beat yet, like lowly Luton, were we to play like we did against them, they could embarrass us badly.

Key changes today made the difference, some good, some bad. Norwood on the bench, Hourihane in, unfortunately Ndaiye not well and a last minute swap out of Berge for Brewster and therefor a lineup change meant we looked okay, in control, but far from settled. Okay, thank fuck we didn't field the utter footballing liability that is Robinson* and wewere forced into a last minute change thanks to Berge getting injured during the warm up. How the flying fuck does that happen, by the way? With the intense, expensive surgery what kept him out of the team (but well paid) last year and the expensive physio and biometric conditioning top-level professional athletes like he receive. how the fuck do you get injured doing some stretching and warm ups and cone work designed to actually stop you getting injured during the actual game? The fucker is made by McVities, isn't he? Last week, comes on, shows us some promise, this week, gets crocked during the warmup and doesn't even play. Like Moussett, he's another great signing by Wilder, isn't he?

Anyway I was a bit dismayed at the chances popped across their area and no one but Billy there or thereabouts gambling and some dead sloppy passing from the likes of Davies, and particularly Osborn meant we didn't quite have it all our own way, this against a pretty abject Hull side down on their luck. Billy's goal was well crafted and taken and when you think that MGW was possibly at primary school when Billy started scoring goals like that for us and others it shows how well the Wolves loanee reads the experienced players to get the ball to them. Did think the penalty was a red card, and it was a decent save from the spot kick but we deserved our lead at half time and it was no surprise Slav didn't change anything. Wolves however brought on the shithousing Honeyman and Cannon and we capitalised on their concentration on such gash play when Eegs ditched his marker to nod us two up. Same thing twelve minutes later in fact - Honeyman practically lifting MGW off the deck, the dirty fucking pisstreak, and Eegs just did his job while they all argued amongst themselves.

Did think that the back four is still adapting to the missing centreback. George was having a torrid time all match against Lewis Potter and so it came to pass when the little fucker stole in front of him at the back stick. But elsewhere I thought we (generally) controlled thinks well and deserved the three points.

Olsen 6/10: Standard saves, caught underneath a long cross to the back stick though. Early days for him to settle in
Baldock 5/10: Ran a bit ragged by Lewis Potter. Is still adapting and doesn't venture up the pitch as much as RND on the other flank
Egan 7/10: Two very well taken goals and very good marshalling at times although Hull didn't offer much of a threat until Slater came on and then Egan loses a whole half mark for failing to control for their disallowed goal
Davies 6/10: A bit sloppy at times. He is not Jack O'Connell. Non one has been as good as JO'C have they?
RND 6/10: Another one who looks sloppy and a bit unfocussed at times in possession. He does support the attack down the left flank but gets himself boxed in easily
Hourihane 7/10: Thought he made a difference in the centre. Nothing outstanding, just a lot more composed and confident both on and off the ball than Norwood
Fleck 6.5/10: In and out of the game. When 'in', he is great and sees the space opening up in front of him. When 'out', it's ponderous, dismal and backward facing.
Brewster 2/10: Dreadful. Again, I am struggling to see what twenty six million quid has bought here. His control, his shooting, his interplay and his passing is so pisspoor. Okay, he was dropped into Berge's place in the RAMF role but he should be running at oppositions and being that person who gambles on the ball across the box. A few times the ball was centred today and Billy is running near post, no fucker on the back stick. We haven't got wingbacks like Freeman any more to get on the end of that - in this formation it is the RAMF job to steal in and get the goal. And I see him simply drifting about in midfield, effectively 'out of the game'.
Gibbs-White 8/10: Another bright spark performance. Christ what I would give to see HRH flog McBurnie, Brewster and Breadstick Berge and make a bid for this chap
Osborn 6/10: Another typical bustling about but not really achieving much performance from him. This is becoming a bit of a norm and to be honest, is a bit wasteful. He doesn't (really) get a great deal done for all his exertions. And he isn't a LAMF is he?
Sharp 7/10: Loses a whole point for missing the penalty, but gave us an hour and a bit of proper centre forward stuff. Just want him to go on forever, please.

Guediora 5/10: Pointless striping of Cannon to get booked on his debut but he looked capable, calm and controlled and isn't in a hurry to get shut as soon as the ball is at his feet
McBurnie 6/10: Changed the point of the attack somewhat
Basham (unmarked as he wasn't on long enough) Nice, deserved reception from the fans

A decent, workmanlike dispatching of Hull City who a few seasons ago were punching way above their weight, but are seemingly destined to struggle.

Frankly couldn't give a fat fuck if Slav fielded a team of up and comers on Tuesday against the Scummers and we get dildoed endwards and lengthways. The Milk Cup is of no importance to us here. We should also dispatch Derby County next week and ready ourselves for a key game against Boro afterwards to build momentum.

Seems like the Blades are back, though ...

pommpey

Pleased with today's performance. Hull are amongst a string of teams we have played recently who we 'should' beat yet, like lowly Luton, were we to play like we did against them, they could embarrass us badly.

Key changes today made the difference, some good, some bad. Norwood on the bench, Hourihane in, unfortunately Ndaiye not well and a last minute swap out of Berge for Brewster and therefor a lineup change meant we looked okay, in control, but far from settled. Okay, thank fuck we didn't field the utter footballing liability that is Robinson* and wewere forced into a last minute change thanks to Berge getting injured during the warm up. How the flying fuck does that happen, by the way? With the intense, expensive surgery what kept him out of the team (but well paid) last year and the expensive physio and biometric conditioning top-level professional athletes like he receive. how the fuck do you get injured doing some stretching and warm ups and cone work designed to actually stop you getting injured during the actual game? The fucker is made by McVities, isn't he? Last week, comes on, shows us some promise, this week, gets crocked during the warmup and doesn't even play. Like Moussett, he's another great signing by Wilder, isn't he?

Anyway I was a bit dismayed at the chances popped across their area and no one but Billy there or thereabouts gambling and some dead sloppy passing from the likes of Davies, and particularly Osborn meant we didn't quite have it all our own way, this against a pretty abject Hull side down on their luck. Billy's goal was well crafted and taken and when you think that MGW was possibly at primary school when Billy started scoring goals like that for us and others it shows how well the Wolves loanee reads the experienced players to get the ball to them. Did think the penalty was a red card, and it was a decent save from the spot kick but we deserved our lead at half time and it was no surprise Slav didn't change anything. Wolves however brought on the shithousing Honeyman and Cannon and we capitalised on their concentration on such gash play when Eegs ditched his marker to nod us two up. Same thing twelve minutes later in fact - Honeyman practically lifting MGW off the deck, the dirty fucking pisstreak, and Eegs just did his job while they all argued amongst themselves.

Did think that the back four is still adapting to the missing centreback. George was having a torrid time all match against Lewis Potter and so it came to pass when the little fucker stole in front of him at the back stick. But elsewhere I thought we (generally) controlled thinks well and deserved the three points.

Olsen 6/10: Standard saves, caught underneath a long cross to the back stick though. Early days for him to settle in
Baldock 5/10: Ran a bit ragged by Lewis Potter. Is still adapting and doesn't venture up the pitch as much as RND on the other flank
Egan 7/10: Two very well taken goals and very good marshalling at times although Hull didn't offer much of a threat until Slater came on and then Egan loses a whole half mark for failing to control for their disallowed goal
Davies 6/10: A bit sloppy at times. He is not Jack O'Connell. Non one has been as good as JO'C have they?
RND 6/10: Another one who looks sloppy and a bit unfocussed at times in possession. He does support the attack down the left flank but gets himself boxed in easily
Hourihane 7/10: Thought he made a difference in the centre. Nothing outstanding, just a lot more composed and confident both on and off the ball than Norwood
Fleck 6.5/10: In and out of the game. When 'in', he is great and sees the space opening up in front of him. When 'out', it's ponderous, dismal and backward facing.
Brewster 2/10: Dreadful. Again, I am struggling to see what twenty six million quid has bought here. His control, his shooting, his interplay and his passing is so pisspoor. Okay, he was dropped into Berge's place in the RAMF role but he should be running at oppositions and being that person who gambles on the ball across the box. A few times the ball was centred today and Billy is running near post, no fucker on the back stick. We haven't got wingbacks like Freeman any more to get on the end of that - in this formation it is the RAMF job to steal in and get the goal. And I see him simply drifting about in midfield, effectively 'out of the game'.
Gibbs-White 8/10: Another bright spark performance. Christ what I would give to see HRH flog McBurnie, Brewster and Breadstick Berge and make a bid for this chap
Osborn 6/10: Another typical bustling about but not really achieving much performance from him. This is becoming a bit of a norm and to be honest, is a bit wasteful. He doesn't (really) get a great deal done for all his exertions. And he isn't a LAMF is he?
Sharp 7/10: Loses a whole point for missing the penalty, but gave us an hour and a bit of proper centre forward stuff. Just want him to go on forever, please.

Guediora 5/10: Pointless striping of Cannon to get booked on his debut but he looked capable, calm and controlled and isn't in a hurry to get shut as soon as the ball is at his feet
Basham (unmarked as he wasn't on long enough) Nice, deserved reception from the fans

A decent, workmanlike dispatching of Hull City who a few seasons ago were punching way above their weight, but are seemingly destined to struggle.

Frankly couldn't give a fat fuck if Slav fielded a team of up and comers on Tuesday against the Scummers and we get dildoed endwards and lengthways. The Milk Cup is of no importance to us here. We should also dispatch Derby County next week and ready ourselves for a key game against Boro afterwards to build momentum.

pommpey
The whole double Jeopardy thing means that red cards are not given with penalties anymore unless it's a dangerous tackle or a no tackle attempted foul. Eg shirt pull.

Thought Brewster looked alright at the start but like you say i don't see how he's worth 20 odd million we paid for him. I'd like to see him play with N'Diaye and Gibbs white to see how he does.

Thought Brewster looked alright at the start but like you say i don't see how he's worth 20 odd million we paid for him. I'd like to see him play with N'Diaye and Gibbs white to see how he does.
We can't keep trying him with different players to see how he does. He's just crap and I wouldn't be bothered if I never saw in play for us again.

Thought that Hourihane's only redeeming acts today were the corners. Good job they helped us score twice!

He was generally poor in open play for me, and I don't think I'd start him ahead of Norwood based on that performance. Hopefully there is better to come from him.

Last edited:
Good report pommpey - agree in the main, I cant see how Brewster is a 26 million quid player, I don't know if its just me but he should be taking the piss out of the opposition not us - great 3 points though, UTB.

Comprehensive away performance in which everyone played their part. Yet giving someone a two. Fuck me. 😂

You are of course going to provide evidence of how he scored more, of course.

Let's set aside him effectively being a traffic cone in the centre of the park, putting two shots straight at the keeper, one in row Z and not being threatening or creative whatsoever as opposed to say, Gibbs-White who was.

pommpey

Thought that Hourihane's only redeeming acts today were the corners. Good job they helped us score twice!

He was generally poor in open play for me, and I don't think I'd start him ahead of Norwood based on that performance. Hopefully there is better to come from him.

No pings into nowhere.

I'll buy that for a dollar

pommpey

You are of course going to provide evidence of how he scored more, of course.

Let's set aside him effectively being a traffic cone in the centre of the park, putting two shots straight at the keeper, one in row Z and not being threatening or creative whatsoever as opposed to say, Gibbs-White who was.

pommpey

It’s attention seeking nonsense. We both know that Pommps, no point doing this dance again. 😊

Fair enough scores and a good report...

Apart from Brewster’s score, there’s no way he was any worse than a 5/10 - I gave him a 6 personally, also £26m?! Come on man what’s the point in inflating his price just to try and prove how much of a waste of money he was?

Another hammering for Brewster with mention of his fee….and
wilder thrown in too…fucking predictable.

With such a poisonous opinion based on being a bit angry the OP does come across as a bit of a nob. Time to not bother reading this predictable bile I think.

All good there and no complaints on the score front. Even though its early days,Hourihane showing that he's got to start over Norwood if only for not attempting to twat it long across field to absolutely no one in particular every 9 minutes.
I do feel for Brewster but it just isn't working for the poor lad is it? Still, I'll take that win.

pommpey
Yes - loved Billy's enthusiasm and he bursts with energy. Wish somebody would instill a penalty taker's thinking into the team though.
.." Put thi laces thru it- 4 ft off ground lad..."

With such a poisonous opinion based on being a bit angry the OP does come across as a bit of a nob. Time to not bother reading this predictable bile I think.
But wilder spent 20 odd mill on a lad who has been poor every match. No point trying to hide that fact.

Billy's pen was well hit, hard and accurate, but the keeper guessed right and managed to get a hand to it. Nine times out of ten pens hit like that go in. If the keeper had gone the other way the commentator would have been praising Sharp for an excellent strike. It was actually hit better than other Sharp pens that hit the back of the net

“Frankly couldn't give a fat fuck if Slav fielded a team of up and comers on Tuesday against the Scummers and we get dildoed endwards and lengthways..”

Your command of the English language is Churchillian at times Pommps.

I agree wholeheartedly with you about Brewster.
When he gets the ball I always expect something special but it never, ever happens.
In contrast MGW has been a revelation.

1. Please. Be my guest. Make 'My take ...' all about what you think of me, rather than the game and the debate therein, a bit like the rest of the shitposting no-marks who tend to hang about forums like these and have little to contribute.

2. Please. Be my guest. Don't read it. I'll fucking miss you, so I will ...

pommpey

Last edited:
But wilder spent 20 odd mill on a lad who has been poor every match. No point trying to hide that fact.

Nah. It's 'all about pommpey', innit?

Be nice if he'd come up with some evidence that the millions Wilder spent on this kid was paying out in silver dollars, rather than one fucking goal in a cup tie against the team thirteenth in the fourth flight of English Association Football. Of course, that is asking for the moon on a stick, isn't it?

I want Brewster to be good. That's the kicker. But he isn't good. He's a profligate waste of vital cash by a manager who clearly hadn't a fucking clue what constitutes a good player when the club's owners hand him the cheque book.

But let's face it, Brewster isn't unique in being a poor signing, is he?

pommpey

Pompps,

Always look forward to reading your "takes", but what you say about Berge is a little unwarranted.

Do you have any ITK info about what the "pull" was/is/felt?

Maybe because it happened so late, it was just a case of expedience, about being very cautious about our best player given the situation your hero JO'C - our ex-best player - now finds himself in: having been told, once too often, to go out and defend Wilder's ego until the last breaking tendon!

At the end of the day, I'm sure Berge has all the strength to lift you up by the ear, but is far too educated to do so...

Back
Top Bottom