My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good read it was a bit tame but then again you could have done a copy and paste job for the last 10-15 matches.
Sad thing is the season is not over yet.

Pity the poor fools who want to buy tickets for the last match of the season (if fans are let in) as though they think that will make a difference as to whats on the pitch.
Would you actually want to stay at the end for the players "lap of honour" ?? :)

Well, do yourself a massive favour, and don't read it then. If it's gonna be so much of an ordeal from your tender soul (and fuck me, that HRT isn't working, is it sweetie?) then do as many others do and scroll past. You're making a bigger helmet of yourself by coming on here and pontificating in that 'I'm a S24SU legend I am' way than you are simply ignoring Deadbat and me giving our opinions which clearly give you a sandy old vadge.

I trust that next season when I am cruelly denied my right to offer my opinion (hmmm, I might even subscribe to the TV package ... ) you'll be on here telling us how blummen wonderful the game has been even if we lose and lose badly. In your eyes, no one deserves criticism, not even the eleven or so useless fuckers who have contrived to get us relegated in the most humiliating manner this season with everyone asking what the fuck happened to Sheffield United.

You of course, have ALL the answers.

pommpey
And Im the one with the sandy vadge :rolleyes:

Dont come on here with actual facts ,the two self proclaimed reporters for S24SU ,write their reports before the games and just add bits in after to make it look authentic ,Berge gets an extra mark for his perfect skin and being european. No mention we should have scored from 2 Norwood corners yesterday ,just shit about hitting the front man ,boring predictable shit comments , looks like Fleck is going to get the same treatment and maybe Egan soon. We need to get back to going to games ,this TV reporting is fucking mind numbing.

As pommpey says then if you don't like the reports then do not have to read them or do you read them just to always find fault or criticise the poster, if not the post? I do wonder. You clearly do not enjoy them so why do you read them?

No problems as I always say disagreeing or giving contrary opinions. Give us reasons why you disagree with marks/perspective etc

Otherwise you are just criticising the poster rather than debating opinions or a post made.

I do not write my reports before the game and actually take a lot of time writing them and giving what I always consider a fair reflection. I hope some get something out of them and they offer chances for debate. I get they are not for everyone and people will disagree. As for being a self proclaimed reporter, I don't feel like that at all. I like when others give opinions/reports to compare. Maybe you could do a report or perspective or maybe it is easier just to criticise others who take the time to write posts?

It is a forum I accept so always up for debate so rather that and go back to any discussion on the game/players.

I thought Berge offered no more than Norwood really. Although quite what him being European or the colour of his skin has to do with anything I am not sure? Are you implying some posters are racist? Really? I thought the whole midfield was poor though yesterday. Fleck the worst and has offered little all season and is way off the pace save for an ok spell mid season. Don't think it is about players getting the same treatment. The midfield (whole team actually) has been abysmal all season and does not protect the back line, does not keep the ball or assist/score. I have loved Fleck and Norwood for what they have done but this season they have been on the whole diabolical and lost in the ire for Lundstram is how bad they have been.

It is ironic I often defend Egan to my mate Webding but he was poor yesterday and was last week too and has shown a lot of weaknesses he has been going on about even last season. I still think he is a solid defender in the right side but with a poor midfield in front and changes around him constantly his limitations have come to the fore.

I find it hard not to be quite critical of us individually and collectively most of the season and yesterday was appalling. Not sure I could call it any other way really? Other than Ramsdale, Baldock and Jebbison, not sure any really could come off with any pride in how they played. A quite poor Palace side has played us off the park twice this season. The same side we beat twice with the bulk of the same players. So many have just completely dropped off in all aspects of their game regardless of questions on management and tactics/formation.

Last edited:
This is a little like getting the Green Un after an away match when it wasn't possible to see the game. Only less eagerly awaited (no offence pommpey)

Naturally I could have seen it but I'd had a pretty good footballing afternoon up to that point and I wasn't tempted to ruin my mood, buoyed as it was by schadenfreude, by watching our team flounder about.

We don't need a coach so much as a re-animator to try and inject some life into this corpse.

Anyway, I'm going back to find those threads from January when there were actually people who thought this rag-tag band could finish outside the bottom three, just so that I can feel better about myself.

That's what this team and coaching staff (present and departed) have reduced me to.

And Im the one with the sandy vadge :rolleyes:

Yeah.

There's me, putting up My take as an assessment about Sheffield United and the game just gone (28 of which have ended up in defeat) and then there's you not referencing much about the game coming in on the thread chucking your weight about like a fucking teenager and (as ever) playing the player. See also Deadbat, who spends a lot more of his time with his detail and his blog. You're down on both of us for some reason and if it's not your tumpsy that's got half the beach in it, then it just has to be menopause.

Do you have an assessment about the match? Point of view (which you can articulate without redirecting it at the OP as a personal slight)? What about summat relevent - why you think things hav gon shit this season?

If not, why are you here?

pommpey

Yeah.

There's me, putting up My take as an assessment about Sheffield United and the game just gone (28 of which have ended up in defeat) and then there's you not referencing much about the game coming in on the thread chucking your weight about like a fucking teenager and (as ever) playing the player. See also Deadbat, who spends a lot more of his time with his detail and his blog. You're down on both of us for some reason and if it's not your tumpsy that's got half the beach in it, then it just has to be menopause.

Do you have an assessment about the match? Point of view (which you can articulate without redirecting it at the OP as a personal slight)? What about summat relevent - why you think things hav gon shit this season?

If not, why are you here?

pommpey
Maybe I like putting sand in your vadge 🤷‍♂️

You are obviously a man of culture you can only eat bolognese sauce with tagliatelle,spaghetti is a no no.

Not many positives to take from yesterdays shit show other than we only have to suffer 3 more games in the big boys league. Seems to me to be a pointless exercise giving players that have clearly given up any marks, only Ramsdale and young Jebbison deserve any from that showing apart from Berge and McGoldrick the rest of that team can fuck off for me.
The usual rush of blood from Bryan going for a tackle he was never going to get near leaves a huge gap for Palace to run into 0-1. Defenders letting players run through them just dangling a leg out as an apology of a tackle as they go past. A midfield overrun and outclassed with only an unfit Berge showing he can pass to a man on our team. Poor old Didzy running his bollocks off but getting more and more ragged as the game goes on with no help from Usain Burke who may as well not have been there. We looked better when a 17yr old kid came on at least Jebbison run into spaces and puts himself about (take note Brewster everything you should be doing) and had one of our few efforts at goal.
Really depressing to say that kids from the U23's are showing more desire and effort than most of the first team regulars just now.
Really annoying that the clowns in the technical area see fit to bring on Lundsram who's only real contribution was to be shown up on the touchline Jack Hunt style to set into motion the second Palace goal.
Berge gets a free pass ?why he was wank ....

Sorry for the delay. Just completed my skit for TheSheffUnitedWay, had my tea (a really great tagliatelle bolognaise and a cool lager, went for a shit (medium soft, good colouration, no blood or worms, decent stools, about three of them) and watched that Kevin Costner film 'Let Him Go' which was dismally predictable and shit, save for a passing performance by Lesley Mandeville and the delectable Diane Lane in full GILF mode.

Shit. Where was I?

Oh yeah. Apart from today's other great news - the utter cunts from S6 failing miserably and tortuously to stay in the Championship and the sacking of the petulant gobshite that is Angela Rayner, apparently we played Crystal Palace today to provide opposition and fixture completion for the Premier League, and welcome three points for the opposition for the twenty-eighth time this season. It's become our duty now to pitch up at games and provide the other team with a team to play against of sorts, if only to give some players an appearance fee and goal bonus. My, how they are gonna miss us soon.

The starting lineup didn't leave much to the imagination as to how the game would start, develop and finish. 'H' (hang on, do AC12 know this?) swapped out the industrious but pointless Osborn for the potential of Berge and to give him some actual game time before we jettison him for an 'undisclosed' fee disappointingly low (but brutally honest) fee.

And hey presto, not even a minute in, Eze is streaking away from Norwood and the rest of midfield toward goal (we've seen this before) to lay it off to the leaden footed Benteke to clip off George Baldock for one-nil, whilst our mercurial number 16 stands like a fucking lamp-post in the penalty area with his hand in the air, hoping the ref, the lino, VAR and the watching public will agree with him that Benteke was offside. Dream on.

We then failed (as we do, always) to make as much of a smear on Crystal Palace's paintwork. It we weren't smacking the ball impressively across the pitch to a solitary, isolated George Baldock on the far flank for him to return it back to Ramsdale via Basham and Egan, we were overpassing, overplaying and simply underperforming right where it mattered. All over the place. Palace just seemed to be taking their time to pick us off and save for a great reaction stop from Ramsdale against Benteke we could have been more goals down. Palace just looked comfortable and at ease with our uselessness. Even Norwood's free kick ended up in the Bramall Lane Lower, and we used to make big about Kozluk crossing it into the kop once. Can anyone tell me what the fuck Oliver Norwood does, apart from fuck things up down there? Can anyone tell me he is now, any better than Michael Doyle or Mark Patterson or Brian Howard, for example? Yet some still suck his dick for what he does and say he'll be good for us next season.

Second half there were marginal improvements, but it's a bit like your first tentative dry fart after a protracted bout of splattering shits. It simply tells you that the worst of it may be over. You still feel rough. And rough is how we were playing. Berge failed to do much but look like he is protecting an injury, Fleck looks like he can't fucking wait to get out, Norwood is hanging onto his sanity (simply knowing his last top flight days are soon over) and the wingbacks just went nowhere special, even when looking like they'd broken through and were able to find a head in the box. Some 17 year old strolled on, looked head and shoulders more capable than the more experienced bloke he'd replaced (and several of the expensive duds who also play in his spot) and Osborn finally did appear, if only to do his Tasmanian Devil skit.

And then we finally changed shape, ditched Bryan, brought on the penile wart that is Lundstram who later on was fried, seasoned, flipped and served on a plater by Eze, who'd been running about for an hour and ten longer than him and nimbly sprinted away to shimmy through our bereft set of failures to cap the win, courtesy of an admittedly unlucky Fleck. That will be the last goal he scores at Bramall Lane.

In all though, today was a demonstration that H does not even know how to break this team out of Wilderball and we are so easy to anticipate, force wide, outnumber, disarm and neutralise. It is 'business as usual'. Turn up. Get beat.

Ramsdale 7.5/10: Great stops first and second half. Absolutely shit distribution.
Baldock 5.5/10: Not a classic Baldock outing. Did better in the second half.
Basham 6/10: Still a minor hero and does (largely) all the right things
Egan 6/10: A busy afternoon sharing the marking of Benteke with Bryan. Again, some timely headers and tackles
Bryan 5/10: Pretty standard game. He is still a bit Championship though, isn't he?
Stevens 5/10: Only just. He's had it at Bramall Lane now. His head is gone and he's just going through the motions
Berge 4/10: I still don't really think this bloke 'gets' the pace and intensity of PL football. Mind you, neither does the rest of the fucking team, to be honest.
Norwood 4/10: Only just. Some decent-ish (but ineffective) passes aside, he was his usual weak, crap self. Their midfield might as well have been playing against me. On my own.
Fleck 5/10: SLightly more John than Jimmy, but still not a fucking sign now of JF of old. He's waiting for his taxi north to the kingdom of kilts and agony bags
McGoldrick 6/10: Still looking like the only player looking ahead a few passes and making the anticipatory moves to endanger. But as he is, he is then targetted by three or four players and closed down
Burke 3/10: Really no idea why I am giving him '3'. 27 minutes before he touched the ball (I think)

Osborn 5/10: If anything, just for 'running about' like he fucking cares that we are the laughing stock of English football, more than the pigs, in fact
Jebbison 6/10: Instantly involved, looking like he has potential and unlucky not to score
Lundstram 2/10: In fact, fuck it. Nowt out of ten. Off you go lad.

Fuck me. I have even played this game on FIFA with all the 'biases' switched off which I put in to make us play like we actually do and got a result on Legendary. That gave me some hope.

Then Eze picks the ball up in the first minute and the reality kicks in. We either hire a manager who has the guts to change things and change for the better or see Sheffield Wednesday ... ? That's us next season if we don't and by then, you never know ... Moore may have had a rearrange of his own and they might even come back up in our place. Think that's not possible? How did you feel just before Wolves's first goal at BDTBL last year? Now transpose that forward to today, where we are and how bad we are playing.

Stranger things happen.

pommpey
Why is Angela Rayner a “gobshite”?

Berge gets a free pass ?why he was wank ....
Because he hasn't played since picking up a bad injury in December. Now if you would like to tell me why he should be back up to speed with Premier League football or back up to 100% match fitness with so little game time then I'm all ears.

Why is Angela Rayner a “gobshite”?

She's a soundbite politician, rich on statements and tropes and poor on realpolitik and consistency. We all know her background and it is a credit to her how she has dealt with it, but for long periods of the Corbyn era she was wheeled out to hook in a certain type of voter firing out missives and statements and when challenged, getting ragged. She's certainly no Yvette Cooper or Jess Phillips, themselves two sides to the same coin, but politically agile and canny in interview instead of petulant and sullen, like Rayner. She's simply not likeable. And the crowning turd in the watercloset was the sight of her and Starmer taking the knee in the most ridiculous manner, which effectively was Starmer's 'Al-RIGHT!' Kinnock moment. Instead of the desired effect, it opened them both out to such ridicule, even from quarters of the BLM movement. Everyone else just thought they were a pair of woke, virtue signalling bellends.

She's a poor choice by the NEC to be Dep Leader too and I feel is a face for whom floating voters (like me) take one look and move their pencils over any other ballot paper box. I'm glad she's been axed. Maybe she can come back sometime later with arevised worldview and stop pretending to be so radical, in her daft teenagers footwear, expensive clobber and adolescent eyerolling manner.

pommpey

Last edited:
She's a soundbite politician, rich on statements and tropes and poor on realpolitik and consistency. We all know her background and it is a credit to her how she has dealt with it, but for long periods of the Corbyn era she was wheeled out to hook in a certain type of voter firing out missives and statements and when challenged, getting ragged. She's certainly no Yvette Cooper or Jess Phillips, themselves two sides to the same coin, but politically agile and canny in interview instead of petulant and sullen, like Rayner. She's simply not likeable. And the crowning turd in the watercloset was the sight of her and Starmer taking the knee in the most ridiculous manner, which effectively was Starmer's 'Al-RIGHT!' Kinnock moment. Instead of the desired effect, it opened them both out to such ridicule, even from quarters of the BLM movement. Everyone else just thought they were a pair of woke, virtue signalling bellends.

She's a poor choice by the NEC to be Dep Leader too and I feel is a face for whom floating voters (like me) take one look and move their pencils over any other ballot paper box. I'm glad she's been axed. Maybe she can come back sometime later with arevised worldview and stop pretending to be so radical, in her daft teenagers footwear, expensive clobber and adolescent eyerolling manner.

pommpey

She wasn’t elected by the NEC, she was voted for by the Labour Party(members included). Look up Hartlepool’s election results over the last 16 years! What do those results say about the Corbyn era or direction of the current Labour Party?

Do you know who Angela Rayner is?
I wasn’t referring to her, I was referring to @pommpey’s take on the poor performance against Palace. But, yes - I do know who she is. She’s that left wing bumhole’s mate, isn’t she?

Just watched your video, on The Sheffield United way.
Accurate assessment, especially McGoldrick who is easily Player of the Year.
My one gripe is Ramsdale. Brilliant save from Benteke, but he shouldn't have got the chance. Ramsdale should have eaten that cross. If he is hoping one of our centre half's is going to deal with it, he's not doing his job.

If we can get big money for him, I'd take it. Goalkeeper is the least of our priorities

I take it you read the daily mail or sun

Jesus

1. Person doesn't like Labour
2. Person is:
a. a Brexiter
b. reads right-leaning newspapers
c. votes Conservative

FYI - I read no newspaper except the Portsmouth Evening News (which is as shit as The Star) I am a floating voter. I will put my 'X' in a box where I believe the benefit will be for me locally, regionally and nationally, as appropriate. And that could land anywhere, based on their campaigning and the trust I have in their bullshit. I voted Tory in the past four general elections based on my local MPs performance and the fact that because it is a tory majority, Labour don't even bother, also the Lib Dems (who are effectively a fringe party now anyway nationally). In council elections, my ward has been LibDem for years and I have been impressed with my councillors conectivity and performance. He has always held dialogue with me and been basically honest anyway. But he's out now and the Tories have won. Regionally and with the recent PCC I voted Tory, because I believe more in their policies and direction than Labour and Lib Dem.

So please stop this shitty, left wing characterisation of anyone who doesn't believe in the same world you do as something Nazi. As you'll find, as you age, and move on, unless you've purposefully stayed at the bottom of the pile by however means, you'll start leaning toward the right as kids, loans, mortgages and owning your own shit kicks in. Remember - according to core beliefs, socialists think 'all property is theft' and no one should 'own' shit anyway, no matter how hard they've fucking worked to facilitate that. And that Benben, is a world of tyranny, as is painting people who disagree as something unworthy and something they possibly aren't.

pommpey

Nope, neither. I just don’t follow their agenda.
What do you think their agenda is?? What’s the torries agenda and how does it benefit you? Are you James Dyson?? Read Corbyn’s 2019 manifesto that’s what the current govt have “tried” to achieve over the last year. However they’ve got to keep their mates happy and unfortunately for the vast majority of of us their mates WIN!!!

Jesus

2. Person is:
a. a Brexiter
c. votes Conservative

FYI - I read no newspaper except the Portsmouth Evening News (which is as shit as The Star) I am a floating voter. I will put my 'X' in a box where I believe the benefit will be for me locally, regionally and nationally, as appropriate. And that could land anywhere, based on their campaigning and the trust I have in their bullshit. I voted Tory in the past four general elections based on my local MPs performance and the fact that because it is a tory majority, Labour don't even bother, also the Lib Dems (who are effectively a fringe party now anyway nationally). In council elections, my ward has been LibDem for years and I have been impressed with my councillors conectivity and performance. He has always held dialogue with me and been basically honest anyway. But he's out now and the Tories have won. Regionally and with the recent PCC I voted Tory, because I believe more in their policies and direction than Labour and Lib Dem.

So please stop this shitty, left wing characterisation of anyone who doesn't believe in the same world you do as something Nazi. As you'll find, as you age, and move on, unless you've purposefully stayed at the bottom of the pile by however means, you'll start leaning toward the right as kids, loans, mortgages and owning your own shit kicks in. Remember - according to core beliefs, socialists think 'all property is theft' and no one should 'own' shit anyway, no matter how hard they've fucking worked to facilitate that. And that Benben, is a world of tyranny, as is painting people who disagree as something unworthy and something they possibly aren't.

pommpey
Do you read them online then?

What do you think their agenda is?? What’s the torries agenda and how does it benefit you? Are you James Dyson?? Read Corbyn’s 2019 manifesto that’s what the current govt have “tried” to achieve over the last year. However they’ve got to keep their mates happy and unfortunately for the vast majority of of us their mates WIN!!!
I was referring to Pommpey’s take on our game against Palace, not a fucking political party broadcast.

I’d rather eat a homeless bloke’s stool sample than follow anything Corbyn has released.

I’ll stick to talking about United and you can continue to post your left wing propaganda. Safe to say I won’t be partaking.

Jesus

2. Person is:
a. a Brexiter
c. votes Conservative

pommpey
Don’t listen to him, mate. He’s taken an offence to me offering my praise at your post about our game against Palace and turned it into a Labour fuck fest.

I don’t know what his game is but it’s certainly not football.

I was referring to Pommpey’s take on our game against Palace, not a fucking political party broadcast.

I’d rather eat a homeless bloke’s stool sample than follow anything Corbyn has released.

I’ll stick to talking about United and you can continue to post your left wing propaganda. Safe to say I won’t be partaking.
Please explain why you feel that way about Corbyn? 20 marks, your time starts now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom