My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pommpey

THE FUTURE ... AS IT USED TO BE
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. Just completed my skit for TheSheffUnitedWay, had my tea (a really great tagliatelle bolognaise and a cool lager, went for a shit (medium soft, good colouration, no blood or worms, decent stools, about three of them) and watched that Kevin Costner film 'Let Him Go' which was dismally predictable and shit, save for a passing performance by Lesley Mandeville and the delectable Diane Lane in full GILF mode.

Shit. Where was I?

Oh yeah. Apart from today's other great news - the utter cunts from S6 failing miserably and tortuously to stay in the Championship and the sacking of the petulant gobshite that is Angela Rayner, apparently we played Crystal Palace today to provide opposition and fixture completion for the Premier League, and welcome three points for the opposition for the twenty-eighth time this season. It's become our duty now to pitch up at games and provide the other team with a team to play against of sorts, if only to give some players an appearance fee and goal bonus. My, how they are gonna miss us soon.

The starting lineup didn't leave much to the imagination as to how the game would start, develop and finish. 'H' (hang on, do AC12 know this?) swapped out the industrious but pointless Osborn for the potential of Berge and to give him some actual game time before we jettison him for an 'undisclosed' fee disappointingly low (but brutally honest) fee.

And hey presto, not even a minute in, Eze is streaking away from Norwood and the rest of midfield toward goal (we've seen this before) to lay it off to the leaden footed Benteke to clip off George Baldock for one-nil, whilst our mercurial number 16 stands like a fucking lamp-post in the penalty area with his hand in the air, hoping the ref, the lino, VAR and the watching public will agree with him that Benteke was offside. Dream on.

We then failed (as we do, always) to make as much of a smear on Crystal Palace's paintwork. It we weren't smacking the ball impressively across the pitch to a solitary, isolated George Baldock on the far flank for him to return it back to Ramsdale via Basham and Egan, we were overpassing, overplaying and simply underperforming right where it mattered. All over the place. Palace just seemed to be taking their time to pick us off and save for a great reaction stop from Ramsdale against Benteke we could have been more goals down. Palace just looked comfortable and at ease with our uselessness. Even Norwood's free kick ended up in the Bramall Lane Lower, and we used to make big about Kozluk crossing it into the kop once. Can anyone tell me what the fuck Oliver Norwood does, apart from fuck things up down there? Can anyone tell me he is now, any better than Michael Doyle or Mark Patterson or Brian Howard, for example? Yet some still suck his dick for what he does and say he'll be good for us next season.

Second half there were marginal improvements, but it's a bit like your first tentative dry fart after a protracted bout of splattering shits. It simply tells you that the worst of it may be over. You still feel rough. And rough is how we were playing. Berge failed to do much but look like he is protecting an injury, Fleck looks like he can't fucking wait to get out, Norwood is hanging onto his sanity (simply knowing his last top flight days are soon over) and the wingbacks just went nowhere special, even when looking like they'd broken through and were able to find a head in the box. Some 17 year old strolled on, looked head and shoulders more capable than the more experienced bloke he'd replaced (and several of the expensive duds who also play in his spot) and Osborn finally did appear, if only to do his Tasmanian Devil skit.

And then we finally changed shape, ditched Bryan, brought on the penile wart that is Lundstram who later on was fried, seasoned, flipped and served on a plater by Eze, who'd been running about for an hour and ten longer than him and nimbly sprinted away to shimmy through our bereft set of failures to cap the win, courtesy of an admittedly unlucky Fleck. That will be the last goal he scores at Bramall Lane.

In all though, today was a demonstration that H does not even know how to break this team out of Wilderball and we are so easy to anticipate, force wide, outnumber, disarm and neutralise. It is 'business as usual'. Turn up. Get beat.

Ramsdale 7.5/10: Great stops first and second half. Absolutely shit distribution.
Baldock 5.5/10: Not a classic Baldock outing. Did better in the second half.
Basham 6/10: Still a minor hero and does (largely) all the right things
Egan 6/10: A busy afternoon sharing the marking of Benteke with Bryan. Again, some timely headers and tackles
Bryan 5/10: Pretty standard game. He is still a bit Championship though, isn't he?
Stevens 5/10: Only just. He's had it at Bramall Lane now. His head is gone and he's just going through the motions
Berge 4/10: I still don't really think this bloke 'gets' the pace and intensity of PL football. Mind you, neither does the rest of the fucking team, to be honest.
Norwood 4/10: Only just. Some decent-ish (but ineffective) passes aside, he was his usual weak, crap self. Their midfield might as well have been playing against me. On my own.
Fleck 5/10: SLightly more John than Jimmy, but still not a fucking sign now of JF of old. He's waiting for his taxi north to the kingdom of kilts and agony bags
McGoldrick 6/10: Still looking like the only player looking ahead a few passes and making the anticipatory moves to endanger. But as he is, he is then targetted by three or four players and closed down
Burke 3/10: Really no idea why I am giving him '3'. 27 minutes before he touched the ball (I think)

Osborn 5/10: If anything, just for 'running about' like he fucking cares that we are the laughing stock of English football, more than the pigs, in fact
Jebbison 6/10: Instantly involved, looking like he has potential and unlucky not to score
Lundstram 2/10: In fact, fuck it. Nowt out of ten. Off you go lad.

Fuck me. I have even played this game on FIFA with all the 'biases' switched off which I put in to make us play like we actually do and got a result on Legendary. That gave me some hope.

Then Eze picks the ball up in the first minute and the reality kicks in. We either hire a manager who has the guts to change things and change for the better or see Sheffield Wednesday ... ? That's us next season if we don't and by then, you never know ... Moore may have had a rearrange of his own and they might even come back up in our place. Think that's not possible? How did you feel just before Wolves's first goal at BDTBL last year? Now transpose that forward to today, where we are and how bad we are playing.

Stranger things happen.

pommpey

I would have swapped the Norwood and Fleck scores around, and 3 is really Generous to Burke. Also harsh on Ramsdal’s distribution he threw some great balls out if we had any decent pace to counter attack.

Apart from that I agree with most of it.

Sorry for the delay. Just completed my skit for TheSheffUnitedWay, had my tea (a really great tagliatelle bolognaise and a cool lager, went for a shit (medium soft, good colouration, no blood or worms, decent stools, about three of them) and watched that Kevin Costner film 'Let Him Go' which was dismally predictable and shit, save for a passing performance by Lesley Mandeville and the delectable Diane Lane in full GILF mode.

Shit. Where was I?

Oh yeah. Apart from today's other great news - the utter cunts from S6 failing miserably and tortuously to stay in the Championship and the sacking of the petulant gobshite that is Angela Rayner, apparently we played Crystal Palace today to provide opposition and fixture completion for the Premier League, and welcome three points for the opposition for the twenty-eighth time this season. It's become our duty now to pitch up at games and provide the other team with a team to play against of sorts, if only to give some players an appearance fee and goal bonus. My, how they are gonna miss us soon.

The starting lineup didn't leave much to the imagination as to how the game would start, develop and finish. 'H' (hang on, do AC12 know this?) swapped out the industrious but pointless Osborn for the potential of Berge and to give him some actual game time before we jettison him for an 'undisclosed' fee disappointingly low (but brutally honest) fee.

And hey presto, not even a minute in, Eze is streaking away from Norwood and the rest of midfield toward goal (we've seen this before) to lay it off to the leaden footed Benteke to clip off George Baldock for one-nil, whilst our mercurial number 16 stands like a fucking lamp-post in the penalty area with his hand in the air, hoping the ref, the lino, VAR and the watching public will agree with him that Benteke was offside. Dream on.

We then failed (as we do, always) to make as much of a smear on Crystal Palace's paintwork. It we weren't smacking the ball impressively across the pitch to a solitary, isolated George Baldock on the far flank for him to return it back to Ramsdale via Basham and Egan, we were overpassing, overplaying and simply underperforming right where it mattered. All over the place. Palace just seemed to be taking their time to pick us off and save for a great reaction stop from Ramsdale against Benteke we could have been more goals down. Palace just looked comfortable and at ease with our uselessness. Even Norwood's free kick ended up in the Bramall Lane Lower, and we used to make big about Kozluk crossing it into the kop once. Can anyone tell me what the fuck Oliver Norwood does, apart from fuck things up down there? Can anyone tell me he is now, any better than Michael Doyle or Mark Patterson or Brian Howard, for example? Yet some still suck his dick for what he does and say he'll be good for us next season.

Second half there were marginal improvements, but it's a bit like your first tentative dry fart after a protracted bout of splattering shits. It simply tells you that the worst of it may be over. You still feel rough. And rough is how we were playing. Berge failed to do much but look like he is protecting an injury, Fleck looks like he can't fucking wait to get out, Norwood is hanging onto his sanity (simply knowing his last top flight days are soon over) and the wingbacks just went nowhere special, even when looking like they'd broken through and were able to find a head in the box. Some 17 year old strolled on, looked head and shoulders more capable than the more experienced bloke he'd replaced (and several of the expensive duds who also play in his spot) and Osborn finally did appear, if only to do his Tasmanian Devil skit.

And then we finally changed shape, ditched Bryan, brought on the penile wart that is Lundstram who later on was fried, seasoned, flipped and served on a plater by Eze, who'd been running about for an hour and ten longer than him and nimbly sprinted away to shimmy through our bereft set of failures to cap the win, courtesy of an admittedly unlucky Fleck. That will be the last goal he scores at Bramall Lane.

In all though, today was a demonstration that H does not even know how to break this team out of Wilderball and we are so easy to anticipate, force wide, outnumber, disarm and neutralise. It is 'business as usual'. Turn up. Get beat.

Ramsdale 7.5/10: Great stops first and second half. Absolutely shit distribution.
Egan 6/10: A busy afternoon sharing the marking of Benteke with Bryan. Again, some timely headers and tackles
Bryan 5/10: Pretty standard game. He is still a bit Championship though, isn't he?
Stevens 5/10: Only just. He's had it at Bramall Lane now. His head is gone and he's just going through the motions
Berge 4/10: I still don't really think this bloke 'gets' the pace and intensity of PL football. Mind you, neither does the rest of the fucking team, to be honest.
Norwood 4/10: Only just. Some decent-ish (but ineffective) passes aside, he was his usual weak, crap self. Their midfield might as well have been playing against me. On my own.
Fleck 5/10: SLightly more John than Jimmy, but still not a fucking sign now of JF of old. He's waiting for his taxi north to the kingdom of kilts and agony bags
McGoldrick 6/10: Still looking like the only player looking ahead a few passes and making the anticipatory moves to endanger. But as he is, he is then targetted by three or four players and closed down
Burke 3/10: Really no idea why I am giving him '3'. 27 minutes before he touched the ball (I think)

Osborn 5/10: If anything, just for 'running about' like he fucking cares that we are the laughing stock of English football, more than the pigs, in fact
Jebbison 6/10: Instantly involved, looking like he has potential and unlucky not to score

Fuck me. I have even played this game on FIFA with all the 'biases' switched off which I put in to make us play like we actually do and got a result on Legendary. That gave me some hope.

Then Eze picks the ball up in the first minute and the reality kicks in. We either hire a manager who has the guts to change things and change for the better or see Sheffield Wednesday ... ? That's us next season if we don't and by then, you never know ... Moore may have had a rearrange of his own and they might even come back up in our place. Think that's not possible? How did you feel just before Wolves's first goal at BDTBL last year? Now transpose that forward to today, where we are and how bad we are playing.

Stranger things happen.

pommpey
A pretty sure footed report. I used to think you were a bit OTT in aspects of your always entertaining posts but, if anything, this doesn’t capture the depths of despair to which we have now sunk. Maybe in the close season you can work on developing whole new lexicon to summarise what we are watching. Or maybe Lundstram will eventually fuck off and there may be enough words around already. For me, today’s game was like that scene out of Clockwork Orange where Alex’s eyes are mechanically clamped open. I swear the strains of Ode to Joy were coming over the ether as Lundstram demonstated his mastery of the art of the fucking pointless, Norwood once again stuck his arm in the air as if only he knew how we could have prevented the first goal (“ answer is up there guys!”) and Heckingbottom pronounced that the goal after 2 minutes ‘killed us off’ (88 minutes was a ridiculous ask to try and score an equaliser) You really couldn’t make this stuff up.

Oh, and by the way Mr ‘One of Us, Leave by the Front Door’ Wilder hang your head in shame for pissing off and leaving us with this shit shower in the manner you did.

Dunno why but today made me feel a lot worse than almost any other game this season. We were comfortably outclassed by a team in first, occasionally second gear. It’s nearly over, thank God, and good on you Pompey and other regular posters for keeping spirits up with a bit of gallows (ok, in your case toilet) humour. I’m off to bed, I can’t get that bloody Ode to Joy tune out of my head....

Wtf has happened to you Pommpey ???
Going soft in your old age pal 😂
Some of those marks are ridiculously high. Burke I'd give a 1, just for not threating his own goal. Lundstram minus whatever, his only contribution was fucking up on the touchline (again), resulting in them scoring. Ramsdale maybe an 8 and knock a mark of everyone else.

No need to watch the games anymore, as we all know exactly how it will pan out, when formations will change in game and when subs will be made.

Far too generous with the marks, Basham and Egan were both shit, Fleck was atrocious, even McGoldrick was hopeless. Baldock was decent apart from when he had to cross it or defend. Stevens was somehow worse than normal.
Haha, that shows exactly what a shit show it is. "Baldock was decent apart from when he had to cross it or defend". You're not wrong either.

I think you were overly generous in your assessment there pommpey .
That was one of the most clueless, spineless, insipid performances I've seen. Palace weren't even very good but it was miles too easy for them today.

We can't even do the basics, pass, tackle, we constantly gave the ball away, or were robbed/knocked off the ball/brushed aside when in possession.

If it wasn't for Ramsdale and some profligate finishing, it could have easily been 4, 5 or 6.

I think you were overly generous in your assessment there pommpey .
That was one of the most clueless, spineless, insipid performances I've seen. Palace weren't even very good but it was miles too easy for them today.

We can't even do the basics, pass, tackle, we constantly gave the ball away, or were robbed/knocked off the ball/brushed aside when in possession.

If it wasn't for Ramsdale and some profligate finishing, it could have easily been 4, 5 or 6.
"That was one of the most clueless, spineless, insipid performances I've seen".
Always is and then the next week they go and beat it.

Shit. Where was I?

Stranger things happen.

pommpey
After the first paragraph I paused, went and read the Wikipedia synopsis of Let him go knowing it would be more enjoyable and read further nervous that you might reveal more about H as I'm only on season 2 of line of duty.

All of which provides far more emotion than the turgid shite we served up and you so aptly described. It like when you play one of those old football games on the Xbox and you put it on a slightly easier level because you don't want much of a challenge, want to try a few tricks and want a few goals. That as you suggest is the setting we universally offer.

We are the 'stop hitting him, he's already dead' gif.

It's like someone has initiated a clean slate protocol where you're reaching a point where you are now totally immune to anyone leaving.

Are any of your 3 stools able to 'turn out' in central midfield next game? They'd probably cover more ground and at least they have hit the target once this week unlike the ones they'd be replacing. Enough said about the one that won't flush that came on as sub. H must have been told he wasn't getting the job and that was his way of showing his dissent.

Last edited:
Agree with that pomps. I enjoyed the sheffutd way watchalong but why I bothered tuning in to the match I don’t know. How we beat Man U with this team I don’t know either. As for the fowls what a great match, just a shame Rotherham went down as well.

Shit. Where was I?

Stranger things happen.

pommpey
Can only think the great tagliatelle tea put you in a good mood as I think you’ve been incredibly kind on them player ratings! 😂

Good report, we were absolutely shite. Big scary Crystal Palace with their actual athletes managed to brush us aside like it was a lads v dads match at u9’s.

We continue to break records for shitness and I’m convinced a league 1 team having a wild card season in the PL would have done better than us in terms of both effort and actual points on the board.

The midfield wants a bomb dropping on it, Norwood and Fleck looked like they’re playing football pissed every week, it’s embarrassing. Stevens needs shipping out to Chesterfield. The forwards are dire. I even got pissed off with Egan and Basham yesterday for letting Benteke ruin them from minute one.

Only 3 more games of this abject shite and we can ‘look forward’ to next season, when hopefully 95% of these dossers are playing elsewhere.

Can anyone tell me what the fuck Oliver Norwood does, apart from fuck things up down there?

Yesterday, he:

• Made more tackles than anyone bar Egan and Baldock.
  • Made more interceptions than anyone.
  • Made more clearances than anyone.
  • Completed more passes than anyone.
  • Made more key passes than anyone.
  • Put in more successful crosses than anyone.

I’m not going to argue that he was great, because he wasn’t, but there are far poorer performers than Norwood out there.

it’s strange, we dream of becoming a PL club for years and now just sit down and tune in just as the game kicks off, not bothered with the build up crap anymore.
Zero excitement or expectation apart from the expectation the other side will be bigger, stronger, fitter, quicker, better on the ball, organised, brake with pace and dominate possession until the inevitable will happen.
Usually we give the ball away in midfield, get caught in possession or we don’t put a challenge in and it’s that easy
The match finishes and a quick shake of the head and start thinking about what’s for tea or has it stopped raining yet.
Only 3 more to endure

Oli the Plumber.

Honestly, Burke looks and plays like some Sunday morning tradesman clogger won a competition to play with the pros.

Was there a 62 plate white vauxhall van in the car park with Burke Plumbing and Heating on the side?

I fully expect to see him back at his natural level the next time I wander round concorde Park

Yesterday, he:

• Made more tackles than anyone bar Egan and Baldock.
  • Made more interceptions than anyone.
  • Made more clearances than anyone.
  • Completed more passes than anyone.
  • Made more key passes than anyone.
  • Put in more successful crosses than anyone.

I’m not going to argue that he was great, because he wasn’t, but there are far poorer performers than Norwood out there.

He also failed to catch Eze and get a telling tackle in as he pressed toward goal (just like Selhurst Park), pointed a lot, made key passes to the opposition too, was outfought a lot in his essential area, failed to hit the target from a very well placed free kick, pointed some more, picked up a fifth yellow card, crossed the ball into the BLLT and failed to impose at all, anywhere.

And as attested, there were poorer performers, like Lundstram and Burke. That's a helluva low bar to get above.

pommpey

Burke boils my piss. He moans and groans and thinks he should start and not get subbed - given his chance yesterday and ,yes, made no runs and barely touched the ball. As soon as Jebbison was on he was making himself available something that master coach Feckingbottom has realised this week that is something worth mentioning to Brewster. As for Lundstram only on for 10 min and managed to get called pathetic by the commentator who is likely more objective than we can be. No more goals or points this season, it’s the worst feeling to be actually embarrassed about United. End of season as an apology Players should donate a weeks wages to provide some free away tickets if they had any love for this club.

Surely the over inflated marks you have given after recent games are a piss take? Yesterday was another example of players not giving a toss and ambling around with no pride at all in the shirt. We know we are out of our depth but the total lack of effort is a disgrace and unacceptable.

Only Ramsdale and Jebbison deserve any credit. Burke, Fleck and Egan were utter shite and the rest were little better.

And then we have Hecky. Absolutely clueless and useless.

We need a new manager, a new attacking style of play and about 6 new players. But apart from that everything is fine.

Despite all this it was still a great day as the pigs returned to their rightful lace in L1 despite Rotherham and Derby doing their best to keep them up.

This city is ours (even though we are crap).

Entertaining and mostly spot on. I feel your marks are way too high though.

Norwood was awful but Egan was even more culpable on the goal. His attempt to stop Eze was laughable.

Players ran through him and Basham all game. Thought the latter gave one of his poorest games of the season.

I actually think as bad as Norwood was, he did more things right than Fleck who was even worse. He is completely unfit and its embarrassing watching him try and drag his fat arse up and down.

I love Didzy but he was never in the game really either.

Our players have completely given up. H can say they are trying or giving it their best. They are not. They have mailed it in completely. How else can you explain not running, tackling or even trying to keep the ball longer than a few seconds?

I would not care a jot if most left this summer. The performances and effort this season has deen diabolical. I loved most of these lads but sadly in one year many have shat on their legacy completely in my eyes. Norwood, Fleck, Stevens, Egan are like different footballers.

Bash and Didzy...maybe George are the only three outside Ramsdale that I still have any affection for. Sharp maybe to some degree too.

The rest adding in McBurnie, Burke, Brewster Mousset etc + really can just sod off.

I am a strong advocate for stripping this thing down and starting again. If it means 3 or 4 years in Champ so what? This squad is not getting us back up. If by some miracle it did, then what you have to dump them all anyway as they are almost to a man not Prem League players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom