Must only be me then ....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My, my, my, we have some mediocrity lovers on here don’t we. Some of the new posters might want to go back to the North Korean Blades forum if they don’t want to hear opinions that aren’t super, duper positive.

You’ll all have to forgive me for actually wanting us to win and not just turning up for the day out. I apologise for hoping that we would outscore the opposition and not being happy with the 3 goals we scored (them scoring five and all). Sorry that I actually believed we would win and thought we were in a strong position at half time. How naïve of me to think we could win the game when Hull Kingston Rovers were always going to tear us apart.

I am glad none of the clappers did the team talk before the game at Villa Park, otherwise we would not have gone on this brilliant run. ‘The fans are just here for the experience boys and they don’t expect you to win. You’ve no right to win actually, as you are 3rd division bobbar and they are Premiership. Benteke must earn 3 times as much as any of you losers’.

The cup run has been fantastic and Nigel Clough has done a fantastic job. However all that was left behind when we took to the pitch at Wembley. I am not into sentimental bullshit about how far we have come (which is a long way since February I agree) but I wanted us to get to the final. It was 11 vs 11 and a one off match which we had a good chance of winning. We outplayed them first half and should have gone on to won. We got in the lead and gave away soft goals. Hull played at 60% and were therefore beatable. Just like Fulham and Villa, they had an off day. The difference was that our rabbits in the headlights gave Hull some presents. Our lads have done brilliant recently, but they flopped on the big stage. Hull did not tear us apart, we merely fell apart. The way we just let them run through us in the 2nd half was sickening and the period between 48 and 67 minutes was up there with the first half an hour vs Wolves in 2003 (for me),

When do you lot of clappers think we will get the chance to get to an FA cup final again?
When do you lot of clappers think we will get the chance to get to an FA cup final again?

November

My, my, my, we have some mediocrity lovers on here don’t we. Some of the new posters might want to go back to the North Korean Blades forum if they don’t want to hear opinions that aren’t super, duper positive.

You’ll all have to forgive me for actually wanting us to win and not just turning up for the day out. I apologise for hoping that we would outscore the opposition and not being happy with the 3 goals we scored (them scoring five and all). Sorry that I actually believed we would win and thought we were in a strong position at half time. How naïve of me to think we could win the game when Hull Kingston Rovers were always going to tear us apart.

I am glad none of the clappers did the team talk before the game at Villa Park, otherwise we would not have gone on this brilliant run. ‘The fans are just here for the experience boys and they don’t expect you to win. You’ve no right to win actually, as you are 3rd division bobbar and they are Premiership. Benteke must earn 3 times as much as any of you losers’.

The cup run has been fantastic and Nigel Clough has done a fantastic job. However all that was left behind when we took to the pitch at Wembley. I am not into sentimental bullshit about how far we have come (which is a long way since February I agree) but I wanted us to get to the final. It was 11 vs 11 and a one off match which we had a good chance of winning. We outplayed them first half and should have gone on to won. We got in the lead and gave away soft goals. Hull played at 60% and were therefore beatable. Just like Fulham and Villa, they had an off day. The difference was that our rabbits in the headlights gave Hull some presents. Our lads have done brilliant recently, but they flopped on the big stage. Hull did not tear us apart, we merely fell apart. The way we just let them run through us in the 2nd half was sickening and the period between 48 and 67 minutes was up there with the first half an hour vs Wolves in 2003 (for me),

Up for a pint before the game Friday Olle?

Jeez lads,credit where credits due !
Fact is we are a division three team (not club),who just a few few weeks ago were battered by Crewe Alexandra 3-0,and could have been more !
Since then we have picked ourselves up by our bootlaces,not in any small part by our manager ,and gone on a stupendous run which culminated in a semi final at wembley ...
And yet we still pick fault!
Bray shouldve done this ..Coady was slow ..Collins not good enough etc etc..
YES we know all this ,but these lads are playing against lower league players every week,and so dont expect this level of class,also playing in front of 70,000,probably for the first time in their lives .
I thought we were simply great !We only lost by the odd goal (I dont count the last for obvious reasons),to a mid table prem team,and with a few decent signings in summer,we will be well on our way !
Rant over !
UTB:)

Ollessendro, bit delusional there mate. After all, who appointed you as the arbiter of what opinions are acceptable?

I'm all for a diversity of opinion, just as long as that means there can be a diversity of response too, think that's how it works, or do you wish to correct that? Perhaps you can select a quote that supports not wanting to read all shades of opinion on here? I won't hold my breath waiting while you search rigorously though.

Are you able to know what would, or wouldn't, work as a team talk? If so, you should be manager mate, not Cloughie.
If you can recognise that the teams we've played had an off day, why shouldn't that same negative apply to us, at least in the second half? Yeah, we got it wrong, so your advice is to do what, verbally denigrate the players? The way you employ hyperbole is sickening, calm down fella, overstating your case by using language that's theatrical as well as inappropriate only weakens your critical argument. If you're genuinely sickened (doncha just love the need to emphasise in bold verbiage, as if the reader isn't able to understand?) by united playing poorly, even at Wembley, how on earth do you react when you're confronted by a genuine tragedy? What happens then, are you uber-sickened? Get a grip Olle, you're not making a great deal of sense.

Not one Blade will have wanted the team to lose, but those of us who realised it might happen will have seen exactly what you witnessed. Are any of us happy about it? Yeah, I'm fucking ecstatic Olle, couldn't be happier that the team I support got beaten. I just live for moments like this, and whatever other bollocks makes a mockery of the stupidity contained within your mail.

I don't speak on anyone's behalf other than my own, but I know quite a few Blades who, after reading your 'critique', would most likely shrug their shoulders, shake their heads, and be glad that you're a minority within a minority.

Tell you what Olle, if you ever get to give a team talk can you make sure we all get to see it mate, we could all do with a how-not-to-do-it video. UTB (you'd agree with that wouldn't you Olle?)

Oh Ollie, you're such a knob :D

In it = in the jpt. 'It' being the cup

As opposed to 'isn't it?' As in "isn't it a pity we can't play our academy lads in the jpt

:D

Back
Top Bottom