Moving to the Upper Tier to improve home support/atmosphere

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you move to the Upper Tier for an upcoming home game?

• Total voters

Has there ever been a limit to it?

I assumed there wasn't.

Can anyone clarify? This could be quite important...!

Don't think there is a limit just usually charged about £2 extra if moving from Kop etc.

This season is my third consecutive move. Nobody's mentioned anything so far.

We're talking about moving STs to different parts of the ground for individual games in the same season.

I don't see why there'd be a limit as long as games are generally unlikely to sell out - I moved mine to the BLUT for the Ipswich game, and when you do that it appears that you're taking up two seats - your season ticket seat remains unavailable to anyone else.

So that could be a possible reason for any limits. For this reason I wouldn't think about targeting any games that could approach a sell out anyway, as it would potentially cost some fans a ticket...

Don't think there is a limit just usually charged about £2 extra if moving from Kop etc.

I think and hope this is the case.

Would be good if anyone can confirm. I don't want to be aiming for 5-8 games only to be limited to 3!

I was always wary of this diluting the atmosphere but I don't think it did. Improved it I think. G and H block in the South have always done their bit and the stand as a whole is getting louder. Why I even saw two people in John Street stand up to applaud Bashams goal and several children looked up from collecting crisp packets.

It's not quite BLUT but for the last three seasons my son and I have been going in the Westfield Corner. The view is brilliant from up there. The atmosphere can be a bit flat up there and if we're losing (which over the last two years hasn't been that often) you can hear all the away fans' shite chants. But when the Kop gets going, the noice amplifies along the South Stand interior and it's great...

I'll be up there for the Hull game, looking forward to meeting some of you should you be up there!

Me and my old man going up Saturday again. Sat just below the top right corner.
Hopefully it's a good game so we can get a bit of atmosphere going

Moved virtually every game for about 3 seasons when the little un started going as she couldn't see much from our seats on the kop, didn't want to give the seat up though as I'd had it for so long and now we've been back on there for the last 4 years

Moved virtually every game for about 3 seasons when the little un started going as she couldn't see much from our seats on the kop, didn't want to give the seat up though as I'd had it for so long and now we've been back on there for the last 4 years

Sounds like there's no limit then, unless it's changed since. Thanks for that.

I'll be moving to BL upper for Dull game x

Will you be able to go there for the Bristol City game too?

Ok, well if there's no limit I'm going to move mine for Saturday

There is no limit according to the box office

latest

I have been up there for every home game this season with my lad around area that is being targetted. The atmosphere is getting steadily better and I would love to see a few more give it a go.

If you go up there and happen to spot a slightly overweight middle aged man and a fidgity 8 year old sitting on the aisle seats, it could well be me. Feel free to say hello, it would be good to meet some of you :)

I have been up there for every home game this season with my lad around area that is being targetted. The atmosphere is getting steadily better and I would love to see a few more give it a go.

If you go up there and happen to spot a slightly overweight middle aged man and a fidgity 8 year old sitting on the aisle seats, it could well be me. Feel free to say hello, it would be good to meet some of you :)

Equally if you see a man who despite working out for a number of years has the body of a slightly over developed 12 year old girl and looks like the bastard lovechild of Elvis Costello and David Gest...come say hi.

I went in the BLLT for a match last season, Gillingham I think ? Didn’t enjoy it but i’m willing to give the BLUT a go. I’m normally back of kop so might have to get right at the back of BLUT so I can stand

Equally if you see a man who despite working out for a number of years has the body of a slightly over developed 12 year old girl and looks like the bastard lovechild of Elvis Costello and David Gest...come say hi.
That reminds me. I need to book my next holiday to Thailand.

I knew there'd be obstacles and it looks like we might've been treated to a nice early one.

The Bristol City game is now on a Friday night thanks to Sky.

Should this make me reconsider targeting this game as the first attempt? Yes or no?

Last edited:
I knew there'd be obstacles and it looks like we might've been treated to a nice early one.

The Bristol City game is now on a Friday night thanks to Sky.

Should this make me reconsider targeting this game as the first attempt? Yes or no?

Yes. Get people in there in games before this one for a bit of a "pre-season" so it's nice and wild for TV :D

Anyone who voted who'll no longer be able to attend, please post in here.

BLUT tickets have sold very well for the Reading game.

Yep, looks like it.

But the Hull game, which is only 2 weeks later, still has just about every seat available. At least beyond the first few rows.

As long as we don't leave it till the week of the game we'll be fine. That's when most seem to buy tickets in the BLUT.

Just wanted to say that although I don’t want to move from long standing seats in the south stand with family and friends, I really admire your efforts here Ricky and would love to see something positive and long lasting come of this.
Don’t give up. It would be great to get the atmosphere of yesteryear back.

Just wanted to say that although I don’t want to move from long standing seats in the south stand with family and friends, I really admire your efforts here Ricky and would love to see something positive and long lasting come of this.
Don’t give up. It would be great to get the atmosphere of yesteryear back.

Thanks. I'm going to keep banging the drum as long as the opportunity is there, because I think it's a great opportunity for our support.

Back
Top Bottom