Moving to the Upper Tier to improve home support/atmosphere

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you move to the Upper Tier for an upcoming home game?

• Total voters
A thorough investigation has revealed that the reason for the unavailability of the back 5 rows on the BLUT is television - so more fans are in view of the cameras! It certainly doesn't appear that there's any other reason. There's also no indication there'd be any problem sitting in those seats - they won't be netted off or anything, they're just not being sold.

That means the club could probably easily make them available for sale, which would be most ideal for us.

It also means we could get tickets anywhere in the BLUT and meet in that section.

As of now the best option might be to get tickets in the block just right of centre, row W downwards, seats 104 to 125. This means we'd have our tickets there, and also the empty central block to the left available to move into.

Genuine question herbert, how many are you expecting to run with this?

Genuine question herbert, how many are you expecting to run with this?

I expected this poll to indicate over 100. There's at least 95 already, from 77 votes. I expect those who respond to be serious about it. I'd also expect that many who just voted 'Yes' would bring someone else with them.
It's a promising enough number when you consider that's just through this forum in 48 hours. The number could easily double given a bit more time and publicity. Anyone with a Twitter account and decent Bladey following could help if they want to.

And there is time. There's no massive rush and there will be enough opportunities between now and the end of the season. I'd much rather take a bit of time, build the numbers, build the publicity and make it successful at the first attempt. If that happened the rest would happen far more naturally.

I think over 200 will be interested but the question is whether enough will bother to sort their tickets out. This is where the commitment I talked about comes into it. If enough just make a bit of an effort short term it could go a long way to establishing something permanent.

I don't see why it shouldn't appeal to a lot of fans - it would be a great view along with a good atmosphere. At cheaper prices than the South Stand and the Family Stand.

I expected this poll to indicate over 100. There's at least 95 already, from 77 votes. I expect those who respond to be serious about it. I'd also expect that many who just voted 'Yes' would bring someone else with them.
It's a promising enough number when you consider that's just through this forum in 48 hours. The number could easily double given a bit more time and publicity. Anyone with a Twitter account and decent Bladey following could help if they want to.

And there is time. There's no massive rush and there will be enough opportunities between now and the end of the season. I'd much rather take a bit of time, build the numbers, build the publicity and make it successful at the first attempt. If that happened the rest would happen far more naturally.

I think over 200 will be interested but the question is whether enough will bother to sort their tickets out. This is where the commitment I talked about comes into it. If enough just make a bit of an effort short term it could go a long way to establishing something permanent.

I don't see why it shouldn't appeal to a lot of fans - it would be a great view along with a good atmosphere. At cheaper prices than the South Stand and the Family Stand.

Thanks for the reply. I imagine the club would simply want to meet any additional stewarding costs against ticket prices but other than that l can't see any objection. Good luck with it.

Thanks for the reply. I imagine the club would simply want to meet any additional stewarding costs against ticket prices but other than that l can't see any objection. Good luck with it.

I'd hope any additional stewarding costs would be minimal, and more than covered by additional ticket sales on the BLUT. But I'd hope that additional stewarding would be unnecessary, to start with at least. I've mentioned how important it would be to behave and would like to think everyone will be aware of that. I don't think it would attract the dickhead element.

Also, it would be important for the stewards to apply common sense, and that's something the club could assist in.

A thorough investigation has revealed that the reason for the unavailability of the back 5 rows on the BLUT is television - so more fans are in view of the cameras! It certainly doesn't appear that there's any other reason.

Find that hard to believe as we are rarely on TV for starters. If the club really wanted to impress the TV viewers, they should put a TV camera on the John St.

It's a pretty shit reason but I don't see any other. Bizarre that they'd choose to only restrict the rows in the central block.

It's a pretty shit reason but I don't see any other. Bizarre that they'd choose to only restrict the rows in the central block.

If the stand’s so steep, can you easily see t’goal from the back few rows?

If the stand’s so steep, can you easily see t’goal from the back few rows?

I've been up there before and can't remember that being a problem.

I moved up there for a one off, for the Chesterfield game at the end of the season, as I'd never sat up there for a game and wanted to tick it off. I was two rows from the back. No issues with seeing the pitch at all from up there.

I’m 100% up for this, however Ipswich is my last home match for a couple of months as I’m temporarily moving away from Sheffield... a long way from Sheffield. If Ricky you’re wanting to bide your time to build interest first, (which I think is a good idea) I hope that when I return it is in full swing and we have a good, permanent and vocal support up there.

I will also add that from experience, even right at the top, the full pitch is visible

I can't get to all the games, so don't buy a season ticket .I love the BLUT, for nostalgic reasons and because of the view. My eldest has a season ticket on the Kop because he now goes with his mates. Dad embarrasses him by getting a bit emotional during games. I am a bit quiet, song wise, because I need a couple of relaxing pints before a game and don't usually get there in time.But I love it when the Blut joins in and helps create a better atmosphere. I used to love it when bog rolls got hurled down, ticker tape for Alex Sabella, and flags etc were hung over the side.
It would be a great thing for The Blut to be full of noise and colour that's Blades and not opposition.

I’m 100% up for this, however Ipswich is my last home match for a couple of months as I’m temporarily moving away from Sheffield... a long way from Sheffield. If Ricky you’re wanting to bide your time to build interest first, (which I think is a good idea) I hope that when I return it is in full swing and we have a good, permanent and vocal support up there.

I will also add that from experience, even right at the top, the full pitch is visible

If it goes ahead while you're not here let your mates know about it, if it's something they'd be interested in.

I'm thinking the Fulham game (21 Nov) at the earliest but that's a Tuesday night and I'm wondering if it would be better to do it on a Saturday, like Bristol City (9 Dec), or maybe Bolton (30 Dec).

It wouldn't be permanent until we could get STs up there but I'm thinking of targeting 5-8 suitable games at regular intervals and striking the balance between avoiding asking people to do too much (sorting tickets for every game), whilst doing it regularly enough to make an impression and establish the possibility long term.

Last edited:
If it goes ahead while you're not here let your mates know about it, if it's something they'd be interested in.

I'm thinking the Fulham game (21 Nov) at the earliest but that's a Tuesday night and I'm wondering if it would be better to do it on a Saturday, like Bristol City (9 Dec), or maybe Bolton (30 Dec).

It wouldn't be permanent until we could get STs up there but I'm thinking of targeting 5-8 suitable games at regular intervals and striking the balance between avoiding asking people to do too much (sorting tickets for every game), whilst doing it regularly enough to make an impression and establish the possibility long term.
Bolton gets my vote as I’ll be home, but yes, I’ll spread the word where I can. I think some of them at least read this site so I’ll point them in this direction.

Been sitting up there with my lad all season. We normally sit a few rows from the back so not sure why people aren't to buy tickets on the back 5 rows?

Generally sit there (in the corner area) and will be there for the Fulham and Birmingham games next month.
Best view in the ground in my opinion and based on the Brentford game the atmosphere has improved from previous seasons!

At least 108 so far (was 110 but one of the +1 votes disappeared?) but it seems to be slowing down now.

Might make a Twitter account to try and increase the publicity. Is it worth a try?

Tall oaks from little acorns grow Herbert . I wouldn't worry too much about an instant reaction here . A hundred or so creating some noise initially will start the whole thing off .

The only concern i would have if I was you would be the reactions of Stewards and the Police . In these days of hyper sensitivity and brain dead thinking on their behalf a congregation of boisterous but we'll behaved Blades above the away end will assume a nefarious and sinister appearance . A sad and stupid state of affairs but post Hillsborough Inquest findings it's a reaction that's nailed on .

So how does one go about changing their season ticket for one game?

edit : Answered my own question by ringing up, yes you can

Tall oaks from little acorns grow Herbert . I wouldn't worry too much about an instant reaction here . A hundred or so creating some noise initially will start the whole thing off .

The only concern i would have if I was you would be the reactions of Stewards and the Police . In these days of hyper sensitivity and brain dead thinking on their behalf a congregation of boisterous but we'll behaved Blades above the away end will assume a nefarious and sinister appearance . A sad and stupid state of affairs but post Hillsborough Inquest findings it's a reaction that's nailed on .

I know. You can guarantee there'd be some obstacle, and SYP/SAG are the most likely. I'd like to think the stewards would take a common sense approach, as they do at the back of the Kop. The club could assist with that.

So how does one go about changing their season ticket for one game?

Seen your edit, but just for clarity, you can do it over the phone or at the ticket office. Can't seem to do it online, which is a shame. It's typically an extra £2 if moving over from the Kop, but shouldn't cost any extra if moving from anywhere else.

i already moved from the kop to hospital corner. when G and H make a din it does often spill over to the corner. A hundred or so congregating on BLUT would be great as it'd help spur on G and H and the corner will on doubt fill out the noise.

My dad took me on the BLUT for my first ever match. I'll never forget walking up the stairs to see the entire ground opening out before my eyes. At that moment I may as well have been looking out over the Nou Camp.
There's a little bit of that feeling whenever I enter the ground now. It never leaves you.
Same for me
68 season I think v Bolton

i already moved from the kop to hospital corner. when G and H make a din it does often spill over to the corner. A hundred or so congregating on BLUT would be great as it'd help spur on G and H and the corner will no doubt fill out the noise.

It does seem like the corner is more vocal than it used to be now ST holders are there. That can only help.

Assuming this gathering goes ahead, should we roll our trouser legs up, or are we going for the full antlers effect?

going up BLUT with a pal Satdee for a look - gave my season ticket (H Block old timer) to a pal back from Sydney for the week

Reactions: Dkc
gave my season ticket (H Block old timer) to a pal back from Sydney for the week

Mad-dog Mitch, the Aussie Psycho killer? He's all over social media explaining which pyro he's going to fire from your seat and how he will give your name if caught.

Expect a call from SYP next week and a permanent banning order.

Enjoy the BLUT though and your last ever match.....

Question for anyone who's been on the BLUT recently.

Are the back few rows directly behind the goal restricted in any way? Are you free to go there?

Because on the online ticket sales system they're not showing up as available for some reason...

View attachment 31841 View attachment 31842

Anyone know why?
I don't know if this has been answered already by now, but they've always not made all tickets on the first few rows of the BLUT and corner available on the website, I assume this is because either:
a) sometimes they may have been segregated off, and they can't/won't differentiate that on the website
b) they keep some tickets open for pay on the day?

EDIT: Whoops saw you meant the back rows. Last season the first few rows in the corner were unavailable on the website as well.

Mad-dog Mitch, the Aussie Psycho killer? He's all over social media explaining which pyro he's going to fire from your seat and how he will give your name if caught.

Expect a call from SYP next week and a permanent banning order.

Enjoy the BLUT though and your last ever match.....
thanks I will try

Basic intro for the Twitter account...

- Our primary objective is to improve the atmosphere at home games and provide vocal support from the BLUT.
- We want to do this with a view to establishing a permanent base for vocal home support in this area of the ground.
- We will gather centrally behind the goal, from the back row (W) downwards.
- The aim is to do this for between 5 to 8 home games this season.
- This would provide a focal point for home support, giving us one behind both goals, and finally making proper use of the Upper Tier.
- We cannot afford to ‘misbehave’. Inside or outside the ground. This is very important. Any trouble would bring consequences long term.
- COMMITMENT - this is the key. A bit of effort this season could open up good long term possibilities.

Any thoughts? Extreme nit picking welcome.

Back
Top Bottom