Movement.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBH the current pool of players we might go for seem to fall into 2 camps. Either to good and expensive or lower league can he make the step up types of players.
Think we need to identify some quality not currently of these shores that is affordable.

TBH the current pool of players we might go for seem to fall into 2 camps. Either to good and expensive or lower league can he make the step up types of players.
Think we need to identify some quality not currently of these shores that is affordable.
Who’s ‘we’. No one has asked me to do any scouting. My understanding is that Wilder has people for that.

No update on transfers really, pretty slow. Interest in McBurnie has ramped up as Maupay competition has ramped up with Villa’s promotion.

In other news, the ‘home’ friendly will probably not happen due to the Lane improvements. Now likely to be an away fixture against a top flight Belgian, Dutch or French side.

No update on transfers really, pretty slow. Interest in McBurnie has ramped up as Maupay competition has ramped up with Villa’s promotion.

In other news, the ‘home’ friendly will probably not happen due to the Lane improvements. Now likely to be an away fixture against a top flight Belgian, Dutch or French side.
Valencia BS then?

Do you think ownership is holding us back transfer wise?

Id be more than happy for some of these coming in (for price, value etc)

Jack Marriott
Kemar Roofe
Lukas Jutkiewicz
Gary Madine

We cant spunk all our money on forwards, we have to also strenghen elsewhere on a probable limited budget. We have to be prepared to take a chance on a few players who maybe arent coming straight off the back of a fantastic season for them, but who have potential to step up and perform with a bit of polishing from CWAK.

Maupay is a good player and i would like us to get him, but if the price starts going up and up we need to look elsewhere. He has only done it for one season remember and it could be all a flash in the pan (Scott Hogan did similar before Villa ruined him for the last 3 seasons).

Whoever CW brings in, im happy with.

Actually the more I think about it, the more I'd prefer McBurnie. Comparing the stats of Maupay & OM from last season shows that OM is certainly the more clinical of the 2.

Screenshot_20190529-093932.pngScreenshot_20190529-093939.png

Maupay had almost twice as many shots & 24 more shots on target to score 3 more goals. Brentford are very good at getting maximum value out of their players & to be honest, if McBurnie is available for less than Maupay, then I would rather we go for him.

We need both, not just McBurnie. We have 2 strikers. I'm not counting Clarke or Evans.

I seriously doubt singing both would be an option. Brentford are allegedly quoting £20m+ for Maupay, which is not a market we will be shopping in if our budget is to be believed.

I seriously doubt singing both would be an option. Brentford are allegedly quoting £20m+ for Maupay, which is not a market we will be shopping in if our budget is to be believed.
I know, but it's not just a case of McBurnie then onto another position, we need 2 strikers minimum
I'd like Meite at Reading for the right price, had a great season for a bad side and all the attributes to play at the level above

McBurnie and another one for under £7m would be about right.

The other one should be able to do a decent job of leading the line as a lone centre forward.

You’d hope we would have used the near month we’ve been promoted to progress some of these deals to try and beat the play off sides to the punch on transfers.....

Imo we should be looking to strike whilst the iron is hot after all villa have only had 2 days of knowing they were playing to flight football and most of that they will have been out on the lash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom