Outgoing? Mousset?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If this move becomes permanent I hope Lys finally grasps the idea that he'll have a short career, therefore he has to apply himself if he's not to waste his obvious talent.
Practically we need him to impress at the Italian club, it will help negotiate a reasonable transfer fee that we need desperately.

My memory of LM are of exceptional displays (too few I accept) judged against far too many lame displays where a desire to win and impose himself were conspicuous by their absence. I doubt he'll ever change, the trappings of professional football enabled LM to squander his talents whilst behaving like an overrated teenager who had no sense of what it takes to be successful in the professional game. The fact that Eddie Howe and Chris Wilder both chose to take a punt and sign the player indicated that they believed they could bring out the best in him, sadly both failed and Lys is about to take another, and possibly his final, chance at showing why he's someone who could perform when he felt like it.

The sad thing about this is that his failings are, so it seems, entirely self-imposed, so hardly any sympathy from yours truly about the plight he finds himself in.
He's out of contract in the summer, so we aren't likely to see any fee. I'd be astonished if we tried to extend his contract given his ongoing unproffesional behaviour whilst here

Why would we want to extend that ?
Its a massive call, and not just due to his injury record, but the unintended message it sends to the rest of the squad, yes is bad losing RB, even more so with so many games coming up, and you can make a case re what do we lose financially 300K opposed to trying to loan a striker from elsewhere (and just who will loan an in form, or promising striker in Jan, see Celtics demand re a loan to buy deal for their keeper)
But Hecky chose to send a very clear and very public message re Mousse getting fit, that was not only intended for Mousse but the rest of the squad, pulling out of a deal now because RB is out might be a cheap option, but comes with a risk

If we send him out on loan and he tears it up.... Extend and try to recoup some of the initial cost.
if he tears it up and they avoid relegation, currently 8 points from safety and with a -39 GD (-19 worse off than the club just outside the relation places) played the same number of games, he will be worth ten times more than we paid for him!

Sky Italy reporting a deal to take Mousset to Salernitana close for reported fee of £330,000. That suggests its not a loan but either permanent or his contract bought out.

Mousset on his way out and £330k in the bank. What's not to like?

Shame the lad hasn't applied himself as expected from a pro footballer. Talented? Absolutely. Professional? Give over!

GLTTL

As we have all said, a million times, he has all the talent in the world, but just can't get himself fit enough for a game of footy.

And there's t'owd Billy Sharp, breaking goal scoring records and lasting 90 minutes, week in, week out.

There's a lesson in there somewhere, for Mousse, it depends whether he is ever going to smart enough to sit up and take notice.

The pizza shops in Salernitana will be creaming their pants once this pastry guzzling waster lands on their shores. “Ciao Meester Moose, double meata feast with chocolata chiiips and side order of French a da fry’s???”, “Ouiii monsignor”.

Back
Top Bottom