Mousset

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think we need to remember that he's played almost 0 football for 2.5 years prior to joining us. Give him time
That's a valid excuse for not being 100% match sharp but not for being incapable of playing for 60 minutes. As said elsewhere he looks pretty overweight to me.

Dont get me wrong theres a great player in there but hes letting himself down. Theres been a few comments about his diet etc and it sounds like he might need to be a bit more professional in how he looks after himself

That's a valid excuse for not being 100% match sharp but not for being incapable of playing for 60 minutes. As said elsewhere he looks pretty overweight to me.

Dont get me wrong theres a great player in there but hes letting himself down. Theres been a few comments about his diet etc and it sounds like he might need to be a bit more professional in how he looks after himself

Wilder is getting fed up with him, you could tell today when he dragged him off. Come on Lys go on them runs, get it going and delete deliveroo from your phone.

Thought was a mixed bag when he came on today. His hold up play, running at players and sheer strength were phenomenal.

However he goes down too easily and sees to want sympathy by staying down clutching himself a lot. This has to leave his game.

Thought was a mixed bag when he came on today. His hold up play, running at players and sheer strength were phenomenal.

However he goes down too easily and sees to want sympathy by staying down clutching himself a lot. This has to leave his game.

That’s strange because one of his earlier positives was that he didn’t go down and wasn’t rolling around.

Perhaps he was actually hurt...

Wilder is getting fed up with him, you could tell today when he dragged him off. Come on Lys go on them runs, get it going and delete deliveroo from your phone.
You can hear Wilder screaming at him through each game to do the simple things
I think.the incident where norwood dragged him up sums up where he is with the players too
He doesn't seem to have the heart and desire to nsje it at the top ,let's hope this new lad either spurs him on or does the same job

Its easy to see why Eddie howe had no.faith in him regardless of his extraordinary natural gift

I thought he played well when he came on yesterday. A real handful and forces them back. He's another diamond found in the rough that's being polished.

This new dutch signing is supposed to be even quicker than Moose. So just imagine that Moose can scare defences for an hour, tire them out, then this kid can come onto cause a bit of havoc

You can hear Wilder screaming at him through each game to do the simple things
I think.the incident where norwood dragged him up sums up where he is with the players too
He doesn't seem to have the heart and desire to nsje it at the top ,let's hope this new lad either spurs him on or does the same job

Its easy to see why Eddie howe had no.faith in him regardless of his extraordinary natural gift
His heart is not quite there. He’s young, has missed a lot of football and has recently had a bereavement, whether or not he bounces back from a lot of adversity or doesn’t I’d up to him.

I live to watch him, his hold up play, feet and pace we’re all good today, he just needs to believe in himself and he could be brilliant

That’s strange because one of his earlier positives was that he didn’t go down and wasn’t rolling around.

Perhaps he was actually hurt...
Not sure who got him. Up but it was clever if your not that hurt get up and stand around a bit then they don't get more added time

His heart is not quite there. He’s young, has missed a lot of football and has recently had a bereavement, whether or not he bounces back from a lot of adversity or doesn’t I’d up to him.

I live to watch him, his hold up play, feet and pace we’re all good today, he just needs to believe in himself and he could be brilliant
I love him too and don't want to sound too harsh on him
I just have doubts he is going to kick on next season ,people are assuming he's going to have a prr season and come back.fit as a butchers dog but to me he just doesn't seem the type
I think we need to be looking at signing at least one player in his mould though and I'm.hoping this zivkovic can.at least allow us tactically to open up the pitch and stretch teams for 90 mins as moose's presence does when he I'd on the pitch

I thought he played well when he came on yesterday. A real handful and forces them back. He's another diamond found in the rough that's being polished.

This new dutch signing is supposed to be even quicker than Moose. So just imagine that Moose can scare defences for an hour, tire them out, then this kid can come onto cause a bit of havoc
I’d like to see pace from both forwards the way we play when on the front foot feeding in to space for pace could be a nightmare for defenders.

Mousset will kick on next season. He’s had a cracking spell during this season and I think many people on here don’t appreciate how hard our strikers work.

McBurnie said yesterday on Twitter that he’s never been so tired.

Sander Berge said that he did as much running yesterday in 60 mins as he has done in 90 in the Belgium and champions leagues

Earlier in the season against Chelsea (I think) Callum Robinson ran so much that we had to contact them and check that their GPS trackers were working properly.

Mousset has also been picked out by Wilder about the amount of running he’s doing on the pitch. He covers so much ground

November, December and early Jan have been tough. Robinson has gone for now, McG has been and still is out and McBurnie is now getting his run of games as is Billy

Players need managing and fatigue is a big factor for injuries so he’s being managed. I expect a big surge from Mousset from the bench towards the end of the season

I felt he was back to his best yesterday. Caused them all manner of problems and vital in getting us up the pitch another 10-15 yards to see the game out much more comfortably.
He's perfect for the last 20min, especially when the other side are pushing forward for a goal and leaving problems, but there are 2 problems.

2) He is understandably a bit selfish when he comes on. When you are a sub your role is usually a lot different to if you had started, and impressing enough to earn a start can be quite difficult... unless you're a striker. Get a goal, set a goal up, create chances, and you will probably get more minutes the next game.
That is going to change your style a bit and make you less likely to set up a team mate, especially one that might be keeping you out of the team.
It's not bad, it's not out of the ordinary, its doesn't even show a lack of team spirit, it's just human nature.
I guess the long and short of it is that he is having to try too hard when he comes on.

2) He's one of our best goal threats, he needs to be capable of that for the full 90.

I think he uses heavy contact as an excuse to go down & get a breather, I don't think it's anything to do with trying to get an opponent booked, or trying to obtain sympathy from anybody. He's just knackered, even when he's on as a sub.

He has so much ability, probably the most talented player in our squad. If he works hard on himself he could be one of the league's best strikers. I just think he looks a little too laid back. Even in Panos' signing in video, you see all the lads doing floor exercises & Mousset is just sat up not engaged. I hope he figures it out.

I thought he did well today, but even if I didn't he's had 2 personal losses back to back so will obviously be going through a horrible time. Maybe his head still isn't in it, but cut him some slack as it will come back

And now we have 2 speed merchants Zivkovic and moose .Cant wait to see them both running at defenders

I think he uses heavy contact as an excuse to go down & get a breather, I don't think it's anything to do with trying to get an opponent booked, or trying to obtain sympathy from anybody. He's just knackered, even when he's on as a sub.

He has so much ability, probably the most talented player in our squad. If he works hard on himself he could be one of the league's best strikers. I just think he looks a little too laid back. Even in Panos' signing in video, you see all the lads doing floor exercises & Mousset is just sat up not engaged. I hope he figures it out.

Robinson and McBurnie said that Moose was the worst trainer in that video they did the other week. Let’s hope that the staff can get into his head and the fitness team can get their claws into him because there’s all the raw materials and natural talent there to be a beast of a striker.

You certainly need to be as fit as a "butchers dog" to get in this team.

HH

We are a better team with the Mous in it. He needs a proper pre-season with us to raise his fitness levels.
don't know why people keep pushing the proper pre season bit, especially at this time of the season..... you'd think he'd be up to speed by now.
Does it really have such an effect?? Are there any stats to base this on??

He was back on form yesterday, he gives us something we are lacking, pace up front. My criticism of him is his tenancy to collapse on the floor like his has been shot. I think it frustrates his teammates, one dragged him up yesterday. It isn't the way we do things!

don't know why people keep pushing the proper pre season bit, especially at this time of the season..... you'd think he'd be up to speed by now.
Does it really have such an effect?? Are there any stats to base this on??
Can you have stats on it? I think the basic principle is that you only train so heavily during the season as you risk ‘overtraining’ and being knackered or at risk of an injury during games. Assuming we work a lot on our shape and organisation, he probably can’t do that much more training at this point. Once the season is over, he can just work solely on his fitness and stamina (if he’s sensible he’ll do what Baldock and Lundstram did and do a pre-pre-season).

Football is littered with fancydan players who have the skill and ability but lack that self motivation, then you see a player like Bash, he may never get an England call up but he's a team player and you've got to love him because he has the hart of a lion.

Football is littered with fancydan players who have the skill and ability but lack that self motivation, then you see a player like Bash, he may never get an England call up but he's a team player and you've got to love him because he has the hart of a lion.

Legs of a giraffe though 😂

He just needs Baldock to get him into fitness.

If he really got into it, training camps in Dubai etc he'd be unstoppable. I don't think he enjoys the tedium of fitness training, just the football.

I'm sure our conditioning team have it in hand though.

He was back on form yesterday, he gives us something we are lacking, pace up front. My criticism of him is his tenancy to collapse on the floor like his has been shot. I think it frustrates his teammates, one dragged him up yesterday. It isn't the way we do things!
Tenancy to collapse...as he's paying the rent or what?

Back
Top Bottom