MOTD2 Tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well, having just watched MOTD2 tonight I have no fear for our future.

We were in fear of most EPL teams and acted accordingly under Hecky's negative game plan. Let's not push them too much.

I understand MOTD2 is only highlights, but tbh if that's the best they've got, we should not be intimated by most of those "massive" teams above us.

Wilder has bred some belief into our players, and rightly so. Chelsea, Shammers et al were no better than the resurgent blades.

We can get results against 2nd tier teams, without doubt, if the team keep their belief in their own abilities.

Is it too late? maybe so, but we can and we will get results against these mid table teams, but we do need to win our games against the lower tier teams to have any chance. The games v Palace, Florist, Luton and Burnley are key to our survival.

Plus, pick up wins and points v the likes of West Ham, Chelsea etc. and we have hope.
Anything else is a bonus. Keep the faith, our new self belief will see us well.

The loss against Forist earlier in the season could be pivotal. Had Traore scored and we had won 2-1, we would be on the same points as them....

Nuff said.
I’m on the sunshine bus with ya fella.

still think the 3 promoted teams will be relegated but i do agree with another poster heckys sacking was 4/5 games too late it was obvious he was way out of his depth at this level was a big wilder fan till that last season and certainly had reservations about him coming back but have to say love his touchline shenanigans he was in tears as well at full time saturday and really think hes up for this challenge and for me it would surpass all his previous achievments at the club if he somehow managed to keep us up

After the Lincoln game, after the Newcastle game, after the Everton game, after the Fulham game, take your pick, we were so poor for so much of the season, conceded in every single game, lost possession so easily, players never knew what they were meant to do and it showed, shocking man management from Hecky, it just got weird towards the end, had we had a new manager for Burnley would we have lost 5-0 I don’t think we would have lost at all but this is only my opinion, guesses and what ifs, just hope Wilder can continue in the same vain, we will undoubtedly lose loads more than we win but it’s the way we go about it now moving forward
For me the cup games aren't a priority or even a thought process when in the Premier League, we had to focus on the league so would disregard Lincoln. To sack after getting a point vs Everton might have been a bit harsh, although we were conceding, they were creating chances and they aren't realistic relegation fodder. Although I do think Fulham was the potential turning point. Its difficult to say what difference it would have made but you would have liked to have thought we would have been more competitive vs Bournemouth and Burnley and a result in either or both of those could have made a bigger difference on how the table looks.

The top 6 now have grown to 8 with villa and toonisde added, to the"unwinnable" games. Brighton and shammers in Europe could be hard or soft depending on the state of their squads after euro nights. Meaning we're targeting the 9others. We're still 4pts from safety, so we have to out the others by 2wins. Thus the Chelsea game is taking on the guise of a relegation 6pointer! Against an unwinnable team!

We'll lose Traore and Larouci, no offence to them, but no great loss there, and Slimane. This won't hurt us half as much as them.
If Slimane or Traore make the African Cup of Nations squads it'll be because they've put in some ridiculously good form for us between now and January - especially considering Traore has only ever played for the u23's

Honestly think we have more chance of a point vs Chelsea than we do against Villa. Chelsea are in shambles, their fan base is divided, their massively expensive players on ludicrous contracts are misfiring. If we get into them early, and rattle them (TM Wrexham) we might be able to nick a point.

Villa on the other hand are absolutely flying. In the same vein as Leicester a few years back, they are title contenders currently, whether they like it or not. Getting ANYTHING at Villa Park would be sensational.

Honestly think we have more chance of a point vs Chelsea than we do against Villa. Chelsea are in shambles, their fan base is divided, their massively expensive players on ludicrous contracts are misfiring. If we get into them early, and rattle them (TM Wrexham) we might be able to nick a point.

Villa on the other hand are absolutely flying. In the same vein as Leicester a few years back, they are title contenders currently, whether they like it or not. Getting ANYTHING at Villa Park would be sensational.
Agree on this - I;d rip your arm off for 2 points from our next 2 games - or 5 from our next three (as long as we don`t lose to Luton).

Agree on this - I;d rip your arm off for 2 points from our next 2 games - or 5 from our next three (as long as we don`t lose to Luton).
5 from 3 would be unbelievable. That would assume that we don't lose to either Chelsea or Villa away. I'd happily take 3 from the next 3 (presumably beating Luton). Anything more is a bonus.

Watching MOTD2, in particular the Chelsea game, it seemed like Chelsea were stand offish when players ran at them and backed off towards their goal instead of stepping out to meet the attacking player. If they adopt that deep line on Saturday then Wilder needs to adopt a shoot on sight approach when we're in or around the 18 yard box. If they're not going to close us down then Archer and McAtee will have freedom to bombard their goal with shots.

I recon 35 points will see us safe , a further 28 points is going to be a really tall order, we definitely should have pulled the trigger sooner, but if anyone can pull this off it’s Wilder.

I look at 11 home games left and ask if we've already played Liverpool man utd man city newcastle then the 9 wins we need to take us to 35 points could be reached. if Wilders demand for blood sweat and tears is met we have a chance. And that's not including any further away points

When Forest turn their form around or sack Cooper, their vastly superior squad will be difficult to compete with.

They've got two players in every position that would start for us, the gap is ridiculous.

The top 6 now have grown to 8 with villa and toonisde added, to the"unwinnable" games. Brighton and shammers in Europe could be hard or soft depending on the state of their squads after euro nights. Meaning we're targeting the 9others. We're still 4pts from safety, so we have to out the others by 2wins. Thus the Chelsea game is taking on the guise of a relegation 6pointer! Against an unwinnable team!
I don’t buy this “unwinnable” argument. Luton got a point off Liverpool, Wolves beat Man City and Spurs, anyone has a chance against Man Utd. We might lose most of these games but a draw here and there or even a win or two are perfectly possible.

One game at a time. That's all we can focus on so we don't get carried away. It's been a good week but there'll be some rough ones before the season ends.

Back
Top Bottom