Most infuriating player

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who's the most infuriating United player since 1989

• Glyn Hodges

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • Sander Berge

Votes: 37 12.0%
  • Patrick Suffo

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • David Brooks

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Lys Mousset

Votes: 205 66.3%
  • Jamie Murphy

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Franz Carr

• Mike Lake

• Wayne Quinn

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Lee Morris

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Luton Shelton

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Peter Ndlovu

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • Christian Nade

• Danny Webber

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • Adrian Littlejohn

• James Beattie

• Marcus Bent

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Nathan Blake

• Conor Coady

• David Cotterill

Votes: 14 4.5%
  • Trainos Dellas

• Jan Aage Fjortoft

• Marcelo

• Rob Hulse

• Colin Kazim-Richards

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters

There's some odd ones on that list, some who's only misdemeanour is apparently they left the club.
Was it really Coady's fault that he didn't come back after one good season on loan?
We probably did well to get £3m for an injury prone Lee Morris.
Based on that criteria, I'm surprised our old friend Ched isn't there. Struggled to score at all in his first season, then was unstoppable the following season until.... well you know the rest.

Before I clicked this thread, my first thought was Glyn Hodges, so I was happy to see him top of the list. If his attitude had matched his talent he would have probably played for one of the "big five "as it was at the time. He also seems to be the only Blade player that the pig fans ever rate.

Yeah. The way he demolished Liverpool that night pissed me off as well.

And that free kick against the unclean

pommpey

“I'm looking for the player who has obvious ability..”

Did you miss that bit? He was a very good player in some games and frustrating in others. Isn’t that what the thread is about?

Oli Norwood for me. Can hit an 80 yard pass with the outside of his boot and make it land on a 10p. But he can't run more than five yards, can't complete a ten yard pass and can't hit a corner beyond the near post. He is the most consistently inconsistent player I've seen in a Blades shirt. He's more inconsistent than Michael Tonge.

Hodges wasn't infuriating he was just a footballer in a direct side. Like Dennis Wise minus the love of the rough stuff. Like Isaw Joeshaw said Jostein Flo was far more infuriating as you looked at him and thought he'd have a field day but he never did.

There's some odd ones on that list, some who's only misdemeanour is apparently they left the club.
Was it really Coady's fault that he didn't come back after one good season on loan?
We probably did well to get £3m for an injury prone Lee Morris.
Based on that criteria, I'm surprised our old friend Ched isn't there. Struggled to score at all in his first season, then was unstoppable the following season until.... well you know the rest.
It was infuriating that they left. That's the point. I put it in the description at the start

Mousset hands down, because we absolutely know what he is capable of and the decline has been so stark.

For 2-3 months PL defences simply couldn't handle him, then he turned into a biscuit made from shit

Franz Carr is definitely up there.

Absolute worldie performance when we demolished Spurs 6-0, but he had to beat a man 10 times before he even began to consider a cross.

Very similar to Jamal Campbell Rice in the "quick, shut the gates!" stakes.

I had forgotten about Marcelo. I remember being genuinely excited when he signed. Looked like he could play, but it just never seemed to happen for him. Hoping Brewster is not a rerun of this in the making!

Nick Montgomery infuriated me. So many people defended him for working hard, but he literally just gave the ball away.

I never faulted his effort, but I was infuriated he got picked so often. Not his fault like.

plus I have this weird thing where I say “I just want to watch players who can do things with a football that I can’t do” and kid myself that it isn’t all of them.

Got to be Peter, I'm sure he never actually knew what his feet were doing at times when he was taking players on, that and always trying to take on one more man, good player though when his feet and brain clicked.

Nick Montgomery infuriated me. So many people defended him for working hard, but he literally just gave the ball away.

I never faulted his effort, but I was infuriated he got picked so often. Not his fault like.

plus I have this weird thing where I say “I just want to watch players who can do things with a football that I can’t do” and kid myself that it isn’t all of them.
I always remember when we beat arsenal 1-0 and everyone was raving about how he marked viera out of the game ...not sure what match I was watching because I saw none of it.

Mine is not on the list. Had the technique, skill and pace. always put in a shift but somehow never put it togther... I give you

Carl Asaba

Get Hodges off that list :D
That midfielder who
Get Hodges off that list :D
So, not the worst player. I'm looking for the player who has obvious ability but can't be arsed, doesn't have the right mentality, can't stay fit, was sold too soon. Something went wrong and it just didn't happen. The main rule is there has to have been at least some excitement about them at some point after we'd seen them play.

It's my list so apologies if I've missed anyone obvious. But I'm looking for the player who, if everything had gone right and they'd stayed for 8 seasons would be up with Deano, Billy etc as modern greats

Got to be the current version of fleck

Not on the list but Paul Devlin in his last season for us when just going through the motions when we knew he could offer so much more.
Mousset though! FGS.

So, not the worst player. I'm looking for the player who has obvious ability but can't be arsed, doesn't have the right mentality, can't stay fit, was sold too soon. Something went wrong and it just didn't happen. The main rule is there has to have been at least some excitement about them at some point after we'd seen them play.

It's my list so apologies if I've missed anyone obvious. But I'm looking for the player who, if everything had gone right and they'd stayed for 8 seasons would be up with Deano, Billy etc as modern greats
Brian Howard, Brian Howard, Brian Howard

Can only pick Moose. Our stretch of top form in the PL came when he was regularly playing, but to have not completed 90 mins in English football EVER is infuriating in it's self.

Back
Top Bottom