Most infuriating player

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who's the most infuriating United player since 1989

• Glyn Hodges

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • Sander Berge

Votes: 37 12.0%
  • Patrick Suffo

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • David Brooks

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Lys Mousset

Votes: 205 66.3%
  • Jamie Murphy

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Franz Carr

• Mike Lake

• Wayne Quinn

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Lee Morris

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Luton Shelton

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Peter Ndlovu

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • Christian Nade

• Danny Webber

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • Adrian Littlejohn

• James Beattie

• Marcus Bent

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Nathan Blake

• Conor Coady

• David Cotterill

Votes: 14 4.5%
  • Trainos Dellas

• Jan Aage Fjortoft

• Marcelo

• Rob Hulse

• Colin Kazim-Richards

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters

Carlton Blade

Reaction score
So, not the worst player. I'm looking for the player who has obvious ability but can't be arsed, doesn't have the right mentality, can't stay fit, was sold too soon. Something went wrong and it just didn't happen. The main rule is there has to have been at least some excitement about them at some point after we'd seen them play.

It's my list so apologies if I've missed anyone obvious. But I'm looking for the player who, if everything had gone right and they'd stayed for 8 seasons would be up with Deano, Billy etc as modern greats

Sander and Mousset are hard to separate.

I’m going Sander.

Hodges is also up there but there was quite a lot of end product along the way and he was ace in 1991.

I was going to nominate Ray "square ball" McHale and then I noticed that our history prior to 1989 has been erased from the records.

Shit I voted hodges then read it properly and saw the bit where you stated had talent, can I revote ha ha

Nathan Blake infuriating? 34 goals in 69 games? Really?

Having said that he did get sent off 3 times….
So, not the worst player. I'm looking for the player who has obvious ability but can't be arsed, doesn't have the right mentality, can't stay fit, was sold too soon. Something went wrong and it just didn't happen. The main rule is there has to have been at least some excitement about them at some point after we'd seen them play.

It's my list so apologies if I've missed anyone obvious. But I'm looking for the player who, if everything had gone right and they'd stayed for 8 seasons would be up with Deano, Billy etc as modern greats
It was infuriating that he left. That's one of the criteria

One or two on that list don't really deserve to be there. I think Marcelo, Bent (when he wasn't brawling with Devlin), Fjortoft and Beattie genuinely did their jobs well. And Berge has absolutely fuck all ability anyway, so doesn't begin to get on the 'talented but infuriating' list.
But I have to agree with the Hodges thing. He had it all, and could have been at the top of the tree in Mancs, Scouseland etc clubs if he'd put it all in. Terrific shot (2nd goal at Everton in 92(or 93?)). Cross from tight in on the corner for Deano to head in at far post at the Leppings Lane end in 92 (using absolutely no backlift whatsoever). Nasty side and could take care of himself. Could have been an all time great, But sadly.....

Jamie Murphy. Beat his man, then tried to do it over and over again until he lost the ball. He clearly had the ability, which just made him more frustrating to watch.

Back
Top Bottom