Incoming? Morgan Gibbs-White

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Its football,he helped us and we helped him.

Hope he has an excellent career,sure he will always remember his season with us with affection.

Money talks in football, I feel sorry for MGW I read an article that he was happy to be back home at Wolves. His childhood team coming up through the academy. When he pulled on the uniform and ran out to hear the wolves song from the fans he knew he was home. Just a few days later he is sold off.

Hes brilliant at footy but we would be going MENTAL on here if we spent potentially 45m on a player whos only ever done it in the Championship.

Money talks in football, I feel sorry for MGW I read an article that he was happy to be back home at Wolves. His childhood team coming up through the academy. When he pulled on the uniform and ran out to hear the wolves song from the fans he knew he was home. Just a few days later he is sold off.
I don’t believe for one minute that this deal would have been done if MGW wasn’t interested. The fact they’ve been so resolute in their pursuit of him indicates he’d signalled to them he fancied it. Don’t forget he knows Cooper.

Watching these cunts sink down the plug hole is going to be fun.

It would be.

But despite spending money like a drunken sailor, a lot of these players are actually pretty good. The onus now moves onto is Steve Cooper as good a manager as a lot of people think he is?

Of course, I still want the fuckers to have a Barnsley-esque season in the prem where they are getting their arses handed to them on a weekly basis....

I don’t think they’re safe now they’ve got MGW. He’s a great player but that fee is based on him destroying the championship.

Wolves were saying he wasn’t good enough to start the season he came to us.

As much as I dislike this move and rate MGW as a player, I still think they’ll go down and then they’ll be fucked. They scraped past West Ham in game they should’ve lost easily, there won’t be that level of luck all season.

As I live and breathe, I hope you're right.

Just signed for the Scabs.

25 million. Not 45.
Bargain if he keeps them up or doesn't have a relegation release clause.

I'd have thought he would have been put off going there after the Forest fans antics at the play-offs but I guess not.

£25 million with a possible £17m in add ons ..... Jesus, they must be hoping they don't have to pay that.

£25 million with a possible £17m in add ons ..... Jesus, they must be hoping they don't have to pay that.

Think what happens to Forest's revenues/values of assets if part of those add-ons are contingent on, say, surviving in the PL for one season. Or two. Or qualifying for Europe. Or MGW playing for England.

Think what happens to Forest's revenues/values of assets if part of those add-ons are contingent on, say, surviving in the PL for one season. Or two. Or qualifying for Europe. Or MGW playing for England.
Yeah, I guess it's just like the deals we went for and luckily escaped the add-ons, which I would have been happy for the Blades to be paying if it meant we were still in the Prem by the way !! Maybe one of the contingent will come into force, the last one eh

Looks like he's already getting some stick from Forest fans.

I really do hope this lot get relegated. Absolute jokers.

Screenshot_20220916-220416~2.png

Turning against Johnson already? Thought he was supposed to be the real deal.
The signings changed expectations they were all crowing about comfortably staying up in the summer and maybe more. So instead of going in with an underdogs mentality backing everyone to the hilt and seeing every point as a major victory it seems they feel entitled to staying in the prem which is highly unlikely for a promoted team.

Dennis is the only one of their forward line proven in the PL and they've left him on the bench

Dennis had a good season last year but I wouldn’t call him proven. He’s only scored 10 Prem goals, that’s 3 more than McBurnie and nobody would say he’s a proven Prem striker. It could quite easily have been the best season he’ll ever have.

I'd say Dennis was convincing enough to be considered pretty proven, more so than the rest anyway

Awoniyi was probably the 2nd most reliable given his form in Germany but he's been overlooked half the time too, as they arrogantly tell themselves they don't need any sort of CF

The only winners at forest are the agents
Is the writing on the wall? Only September but Forest might be finding out early what is required in the Prem. To early to pass judgement but there are a lot of fans hoping they might have dropped the biggest clanger in the history of the the Prem by a promoted club. Wrecking the promotion team and bringing in 20 new players at a tremendous cost only to fail? Promoted teams do need to buy quality but they have gone mad ,can you imagine what shit they will be in if they get relegated? May be another Derby but much worse , could not happen to a nicer set of fans 🤣

Surridge might be the one we could get on loan, but it's unlikely if McB keeps fit/scoring

I'd say Dennis was convincing enough to be considered pretty proven, more so than the rest anyway

Awoniyi was probably the 2nd most reliable given his form in Germany but he's been overlooked half the time too, as they arrogantly tell themselves they don't need any sort of CF

Personally, I think you have to do it over more than one season to be considered anywhere near proven, otherwise we’re adding Lys Mousett to the list of proven strikers as well.

Personally, I think you have to do it over more than one season to be considered anywhere near proven, otherwise we’re adding Lys Mousett to the list of proven strikers as well.
Moose (and McB) only scored 6 though at the end of the day

We certainly seem to be at a point where one good season in a top league (PL especially) is enough to make a players reputation and convince teams to spend good money on them

Back
Top Bottom