Monitor the Situation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bellypork

Reaction score
The best course of action at present is to leave Wilder in situ and monitor the situation.

It's unlikely that another manager could now save the club from relegation, so dismissing him for reasons of PL survival is futile.

The question is whether Wilder is now the right man to lead the club in a promotion push next season.

That depends on what happens between now and the end of the season.

If the club is narrowly defeated in games, and morale in the camp is not irreparably damaged, then there is no reason why he cannot remain the manager in the Championship.

If, however, United start to be heavily beaten in games then the situation will have to be reviewed for the benefit of all.

I honestly think that morale in the camp was irreparably damaged many weeks ago, Vardy's goal might have finished it off, as much as it pains me to say.

Confidence & momentum is quick to return if you bag a few wins, a decent first 5 in the Championship and we’ll see a completely different side.

The best course of action at present is to leave Wilder in situ and monitor the situation.

It's unlikely that another manager could now save the club from relegation, so dismissing him for reasons of PL survival is futile.

The question is whether Wilder is now the right man to lead the club in a promotion push next season.

If the club is narrowly defeated in games, and morale in the camp is not irreparably damaged, then there is no reason why he cannot remain the manager in the Championship.

If, however, United start to be heavily beaten in games then the situation will have to be reviewed for the benefit of all.

If Wilder was sacked 60-70 football league clubs would take him in a heartbeat. That's why it shouldn't even be a discussion at boardroom level. It's a different conversation if we're in the bottom half of the Championship this time next year.

If Wilder was sacked 60-70 football league clubs would take him in a heartbeat. That's why it shouldn't even be a discussion at boardroom level. It's a different conversation if we're in the bottom half of the Championship this time next year.

That's true, regarding the number of suitors he'd have, but that isn't exactly what I meant.

It's about his frame of mind and that of the players at the end of the season.

If the club continues to lose games by small margins, then I see no problem.

But what if United begin to lose games by threes and fours every week?

Surely something would have to give.

And this is also about his standing and career, as was pointed out by a commentator as he trudged off the field yesterday.

This is why I think a wait-and-see policy is best.

That's true, regarding the number of suitors he'd have, but that isn't exactly what I meant.

It's about his frame of mind and that of the players at the end of the season.

If the club continues to lose games by small margins, then I see no problem.

But what if United begin to lose games by threes and fours every week?

Surely something would have to give.

And this is also about his standing and career, as was pointed out by a commentator as he trudged off the field yesterday.

This is why I think a wait-and-see policy is best.

I don't really see an issue with that. We're down and should have already moved on to planning for next season.

It might take something like an FA cup run much like we did under Clough to increase confidence and help us to get a few points on the board.

We will still go down but it will be less painful if it's closer.

I had suggested putting Wilder on gardening leave and having JVW take over for the rest of the season.

Which would give Wilder and break and time to reflect, whilst being able to call on him to resume first team duties for next season should we wish to do so.

I have to admit I am a little bit worried about our forthcoming Premier League games this month.
I hope they do not do too much damage to our goal difference.
But with our two loans and possible short-term deals arriving then I am hoping, against hope, that cometh the loan man cometh the moment (or something like that, anyway).

I shall be keeping a close eye on things, thanks

I had suggested putting Wilder on gardening leave and having JVW take over for the rest of the season.

Which would give Wilder and break and time to reflect, whilst being able to call on him to resume first team duties for next season should we wish to do so.
May as well chop his cock and balls off and get him a tattoo saying “failure” on his forehead if you do that. It’s unprecedented as far as I know. The only way you could do it is for health reasons.

The last thing the club needs is instant promotion after one season in the Championship.
At least two seasons are needed to rebuild a team capable of surviving in the Premiership

The last thing the club needs is instant promotion after one season in the Championship.
At least two seasons are needed to rebuild a team capable of surviving in the Premiership
key to that is ‘rebuild’... just not sure weve got the recruitment strategy to do it atm either

Last edited:

I have to admit I am a little bit worried about our forthcoming Premier League games this month.

Why? We've got 2 points, expect nothing and if we do get anything it's a bonus. We're all but down, we can't score so goal difference is hardly an issue.

Back
Top Bottom