Misjudgement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidblade

Reaction score
Wilder leaving it so late to sign a striker is a serious misjudgment , we all knew that we needed a striker before a centre half , so why not concentrate his efforts and money before signing the likes of Egan. I’m not happy

Wilder leaving it so late to sign a striker is a serious misjudgment , we all knew that we needed a striker before a centre half , so why not concentrate his efforts and money before signing the likes of Egan. I’m not happy
Easy to say but it's not in his hands

Perhaps he's been concentrating his efforts on a striker since the end of the season?

Perhaps the money is there for the right player?

Perhaps he doesn't see the signing of a defender and the signing of a striker as mutually exclusive, and is able to multitask by working on more than one deal at a time?

Perhaps it's not so simple as "I want a striker, therefore I get a striker"?

Perhaps he has indeed made a misjudgement, but there's a lot of guesswork in arriving at that. How many strikers has Mourinho brought in this summer?

I’m very concerned rather than unhappy.

Barring a signing out of the blue it doesn’t look like we’ll end up with a new striker. Hogan seems the only choice and he isn’t ready for the first team. Just got to hope the trio we’ve got stay fit and can keep putting the shifts in. Will be a long 4 months with just the 3.

Perhaps targeting ‘proven’ strikers at bargain prices hasn’t worked, I don’t know.

Do you seriously believe that he got up one morning last week and thought 'bugger me I forgot we need a striker' ?

Wilder said when we signed Norwood that the striker would probably be at the deadline as we’re waiting for other clubs to do business

Is it a gamble? Yes, but we can either get another bench warmer or we can try for a better player than what we have

Norwood and Egan haven’t disappointed. If we get another striker, then I’m sure they won’t disappoint either

He’s obviously been trying to get a striker in and I'm happy with the Norwood and Egan signings, but a top striker was number one priority this summer so if we don’t get one it will be a disappointment.

There has surely got to be someone in the lower leagues or abroad we can gamble on who will at least be good competition for what we already have?

He’s obviously been trying to get a striker in and I'm happy with the Norwood and Egan signings, but a top striker was number one priority this summer so if we don’t get one it will be a disappointment.

There has surely got to be someone in the lower leagues or abroad we can gamble on who will at least be good competition for what we already have?
There’s a lad at Fleetwood...should be ready for Boxing Day

Why do you think he didn’t do that?

I think the bloke has busted a gut to get a striker in tbh. But there’s more competition for strikers than other positions because they are in great demand. Meanwhile, if you need players in other positions, would you expect him not to sign them when they come available but wait to get a striker first?

I think you’re joking or just plain daft?

Not happy? Seriously? We’ve just signed one of the best midfielders in the division... and broke our transfer record.

Also... realistically... who is it you think we should have gone and signed that we haven’t?

Please say Wells.

Not happy? Seriously? We’ve just signed one of the best midfielders in the division... and broke our transfer record.

Also... realistically... who is it you think we should have gone and signed that we haven’t?

Please say Wells.

We should just be happy we 'broke' our transfer record, regardless of who we actually spent it on?

Adam Armstrong's one we should've signed for an absolutely poxy fee.

He has said on RS tonight that he's got two bids in for a striker ( not including Marvin ) but it's out of his hands as he has to wait for the loaning club to give it the all clear. He said it could go to the wire next Wednesday and he hates it but there's nothing he can do about it.

Perhaps he's been concentrating his efforts on a striker since the end of the season?

Perhaps the money is there for the right player?

Perhaps he doesn't see the signing of a defender and the signing of a striker as mutually exclusive, and is able to multitask by working on more than one deal at a time?

Perhaps it's not so simple as "I want a striker, therefore I get a striker"?

Perhaps he has indeed made a misjudgement, but there's a lot of guesswork in arriving at that. How many strikers has Mourinho brought in this summer?
Wilder has been saying for weeks that it might go to the wire regarding a striker,have you been a sleep for a month or on holiday.
He also said we haven't got the money to push buttons and get things moving,is that explaination any good for you ?.

I’m very concerned rather than unhappy.

Barring a signing out of the blue it doesn’t look like we’ll end up with a new striker. Hogan seems the only choice and he isn’t ready for the first team. Just got to hope the trio we’ve got stay fit and can keep putting the shifts in. Will be a long 4 months with just the 3.

Perhaps targeting ‘proven’ strikers at bargain prices hasn’t worked, I don’t know.

Wilder said weeks ago it’s going to go to the wire to get a striker in... so I wouldn’t write us signing off one just yet.

We’ve apparently got bids in for 3 players - so Hogan is clearly not the only choice - I’m sure we will get at least one of them in.

We need some patience here.

Wilder has been saying for weeks that it might go to the wire regarding a striker,have you been a sleep for a month or on holiday.
He also said we haven't got the money to push buttons and get things moving,is that explaination any good for you ?.

Er, no, I've not been asleep. And, er, yes, thank you for patting me on the head and explaining things to me.

My post was a response to the OP, and assumes most of what you seem to be assuming. ie, we agree? I'm hoping that you've quoted the wrong post. Not sure I understand your tone, if not!

Why do you think he didn’t do that?

I think the bloke has busted a gut to get a striker in tbh. But there’s more competition for strikers than other positions because they are in great demand. Meanwhile, if you need players in other positions, would you expect him not to sign them when they come available but wait to get a striker first?

I think you’re joking or just plain daft?
Or has no problem spending other people's money?

Er, no, I've not been asleep. And, er, yes, thank you for patting me on the head and explaining things to me.

My post was a response to the OP, and assumes most of what you seem to be assuming. ie, we agree? I'm hoping that you've quoted the wrong post. Not sure I understand your tone, if not!
Yes sorry it wasn't meant for you,can't understand some of the comments on this site.Wilder does his best to keep us in the loop and some fans. Just ignore him.
My apologies again.

Not a misjudgement. I believe if CW could've signed his targets the day the window opened, he would've done. He's always maintained he likes to get his business done early, but when there are at least 4 parties involved, (Club, players club, player, agent) add that there may be a chain involved and invariably it's a problem.It's not in his hands unfortunately. Even the clubs with loads of money are having difficulty getting their targets in.

We should just be happy we 'broke' our transfer record, regardless of who we actually spent it on?

Adam Armstrong's one we should've signed for an absolutely poxy fee.

We should be happy we’re spending money and buying quality players - Yes. (Regardless of who we spend it on is a weird statement).

And as for Adam Armstrong I think he’s a great player and one I’d have actually quite liked - but doesn’t mean we should’ve signed him... and I’m not worried or upset we didn’t.

We should be happy we’re spending money and buying quality players - Yes. (Regardless of who we spend it on is a weird statement).

And as for Adam Armstrong I think he’s a great player and one I’d have actually quite liked - but doesn’t mean we should’ve signed him... and I’m not worried or upset we didn’t.

Got injured last night. Obviously a crock.

Since when’s this been a rumour?

We could let the window shut before we start chucking our toys out the pram.

He did say the deals could well go down to the wire due to the chains involved.

As said earlier, if he could have signed all his targets on day 1 I’m sure he would have. Somethings are well out of his control.

I pretty happy with the additions so far, add a striker and it will have been a good window IMO.

I'm more bemused at why Norrington-Davies hasn't replaced Stevens.

Why though? You've got the usual under 23s watchers on here saying he's way off. And the've seen the lad week in week out.

Its like a car boot sale where if you wait until everyone is packing up you might get a bargain or you might get nowt, its what you do when you don't care either way.

Back
Top Bottom