Millwall KO changed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Absolute bollocks, it will be a 2pm ko in Spain which means I'll need to get up at 1.00 if I'm going to get a coffee and a bacon butty, then crack a can of lager before the game starts, and that's after a Friday night on the piss. The powers that be are ruining the game for normal fans like us.

I could be wrong but that change means it's just two Saturday 3pm'ers at The Lane since Christmas. I cba to trawl back further than that.

Not a moan, particularly, but it'd be nice if kicking at the normal time on the normal day was actually the normal thing and not the exception.

I welcome representations from South Yorkshire police on the matter but I can't for the life of me work what difference ferrying us in 120 minutes earlier makes to their operation.

The lack of Saturday 3pm games is getting a bit like how it must be for Spurs, Man City fans etc....Only without being in the top four of the PL.

Ps and it's getting frustrating....

There was a time when Tetleys was a fine, fine pint. You'd need to be well above 50 to remember it though.
Well I’m over sixty and never liked it. I was always a Wards or Stones man myself although I did drink a lot of John Smiths in The Sportsman.
I try not to buy anything made in the capital of Yarkshire though.

Don't know if this ttps://www.rmcmedia.co.uk/vibe/food-and-drink/article/Brown-Bear-closes-suddenly is right or if anyone knows if it's reopened, but rumour has it that Sam Smith's chairman made a surprise visit and instantly closed the pub because of swearing. What the fuck??

He is quite an eccentric bloke. I know a couple of guys from 2 Sams pubs in Chester. The Chairman regularly turns up unanounced and he kips in the pub because he is too mean to pay for a hotel. Still the best pint in Chester, the cheapest and full of old farts like me who like good cheap beer. Ye Olde Boot on The Rows is the better of the 2, if you’re ever there. Proper pub about 400 years old.

I was always a Wards bloke here back in the 70’s - Stones was a bit pale - but you did get an excellent pint of Tetleys in the Notty House in Broomhill.

Magic

He is quite an eccentric bloke. I know a couple of guys from 2 Sams pubs in Chester. The Chairman regularly turns up unanounced and he kips in the pub because he is too mean to pay for a hotel. Still the best pint in Chester, the cheapest and full of old farts like me who like good cheap beer. Ye Olde Boot on The Rows is the better of the 2, if you’re ever there. Proper pub about 400 years old.

I was always a Wards bloke here back in the 70’s - Stones was a bit pale - but you did get an excellent pint of Tetleys in the Notty House in Broomhill.

Magic

I can confirm the swearing is why it was closed. The barman in there told me today, and a guy at the bar also said there'd been some complaints put in by Crucible theater-goers coming in for a post-play drink and not liking to hear it.

I liked Wards but never been a fan of Stones or Tetley's. Taylor's Landlord my beer of choice these days but the Sam Smith's cask ale was OK today.

I welcome representations from South Yorkshire police on the matter but I can't for the life of me work what difference ferrying us in 120 minutes earlier makes to their operation.

Because their mates in the Durham Constabulary can be back in time to spend their unjustified overtime money.

Has Ben Needham been found yet?

Back
Top Bottom