Midfield Revamp next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Currently then it looks like Championship strikers with a League 1 midfield.

Brewster/Mcburnie appear to be goalscorers at that level.
Mcgoldrick is a terrific link up player to have at that level.

Burke?
Doesn't score goals or have the ability Didsy has.
Not sure what he offers, other than the fact he has 'pace'......But he doesn't know how to use it.

Mate stick to Leicester. You know fuck all about United.

Keep taking your deludamol and continue to make threads criticising Wilder.
A man who has performed the miracle of making this side look PL capable for 6 months.

2 seasons in a row SUFC have had the least shots in the league.
So you're telling me there is no issue in creating chances?

Some think the midfield is the issue, some the forwards......
Personally I think both are an issue at this level.

A man who has performed the miracle of making this side look PL capable for 6 months.

Are you really thick or do you just act it?

Just read what you’ve put, you’re saying I can’t criticise Wilder (weird) yet saying there’s clearly an issue creating chances. Well der, that’s half my criticism 😭😭😂😭😂

If you like Leicester so much, like I said watch them, because you know fuck all about us and it’s weird that you spend so much time on here.

Brewster/Mcburnie appear to be goalscorers at that level.
Mcgoldrick is a terrific link up player to have at that level.

Burke?
Doesn't score goals or have the ability Didsy has.
Not sure what he offers, other than the fact he has 'pace'......But he doesn't know how to use it.
We've only seen Burke in Premiership with us, even in this league he looks a bigger goal threat than McBurnie and Brewster. Both of which have very good scoring records in the Championship. I think he could be a revelation in a lower league.

I dont agree with him only having pace either, he's strong and direct too. He creates chances, his own and for others. Even today, after Dids be was probably our best player again.

Are you really thick or do you just act it?

Just read what you’ve put, you’re saying I can’t criticise Wilder (weird) yet saying there’s clearly an issue creating chances. Well der, that’s half my criticism 😭😭😂😭😂

If you like Leicester so much, like I said watch them, because you know fuck all about us and it’s weird that you spend so much time on here.

"There’s more movement in that front 2 today than most in the league"

You seriously just posted this, and I can't believe what i've read.

Ollie Burke, who couldn't even get a game in the Championship at West Brom.
Ollie Burke, who scores 1 in every 13 games.
Has better movement than most of the strikers in the league?

Even Chris Burke would score a goal in half the amount of games.

"There’s more movement in that front 2 today than most in the league"

You seriously just posted this, and I can't believe what i've read.

Ollie Burke, who couldn't even get a game in the Championship at West Brom.
Ollie Burke, who scores 1 in every 13 games.
Has better movement than most of the strikers in the league?

Even Chris Burke would score a goal in half the amount of games.
That doesn’t change from the amount of movement in front of them does it? It’s totally irrelevant. Movement doesn’t equal quality?

That doesn’t change from the amount of movement in front of them does it? It’s totally irrelevant. Movement doesn’t equal quality?

Can you seriously tell me after watching that game today that Burke's movement impressed you?

Mcgoldrick was trying his best, battling with 2 or 3 players at a time, even on occasion being the guy on the shoulder and running in behind.
He was trying everything, both linking up and running in behind. In the first half he even completely did Reguilon (I think) and went on a decent run.

Burke didn't offer anywhere near enough in comparison.

Can you seriously tell me after watching that game today that Burke's movement impressed you?

Mcgoldrick was trying his best, battling with 2 or 3 players at a time, even on occasion being the guy on the shoulder and running in behind.
He was trying everything, both linking up and running in behind. In the first half he even completely did Reguilon (I think) and went on a decent run.

Burke didn't offer anywhere near enough in comparison.
Burke was very good today 😂 how you can think otherwise is beyond me
Both him and McGoldrick move really well, always show for the ball, Burke what he lacks in quality makes up for in willingness and attitude, as well as raw strength and athleticism.

Burke was very good today 😂 how you can think otherwise is beyond me
Both him and McGoldrick move really well, always show for the ball, Burke what he lacks in quality makes up for in willingness and attitude, as well as raw strength and athleticism.

'Very good'?

He wasn't as glaringly bad as Norwood, or anywhere near as good as Didsy.

Distinctly average.
Fleck showed more end product and Lundstram more industry.
After Norwood, and probably Bogle, he was the most disappointing.

'Very good'?

He wasn't as glaringly bad as Norwood, or anywhere near as good as Didsy.

Distinctly average.
Fleck showed more end product and Lundstram more industry.
After Norwood, and probably Bogle, he was the most disappointing.
Oh dear

Out of interest had you seen him play before he signed?

I think its crazy to suggest he has better movement than most Premier League strikers.

1 - His goal return at every level he has played at is poor.
2 - I'm pretty sure he's never been used primarily as a number 9 before.

Out of interest had you seen him play before he signed?

I think its crazy to suggest he has better movement than most Premier League strikers.

1 - His goal return at every level he has played at is poor.
2 - I'm pretty sure he's never been used primarily as a number 9 before.
Goal return doesn’t equal or is even correlated to movement 😂

We missed our opportunity to sign some creativity in the summer, wasting 40m on Ramsdale and Brewster instead. Those sorts of players (Cantwell, Beundia,Eze et al) have either moved or are now unobtainable.

As a result we will end up with the same midfield in the championship excluding Lunny. In theory Berge should be a class above and hopefully Fleck can rediscover his form a division lower. Norwood needs moving out, altho I dont see anyone signing him, and we need to find a lower league box to box midfielder who can run all day.
Grimsby Town might be interested in him. 😊

Get Norwood gone, Lundstram will be off anyway. Hopefully Berge will stay and try and build the team around him. We need 2/3 younger, quicker, better midfielders that can actually create good chances and take on players. To have the midfield we have now in the premier league is pathetic and shows how far away we really are.
Berge will be at his level next season

So what does movement mean to you?

Running away from the ball?
Yes. It’s called ‘making runs’ That’s pretty much all a midfielder needs to look good. If you’re on about movement in the box, it’s irrelevant. We don’t play high enough up the pitch anyway.

Nail on the head. After the season we had, the summer was a real opportunity to add some real quality to that midfield, Benrahma,Eze,Buendia were all achievable had we not blown all our money on Ramsdale and Brewster, But we had the best window ever.
Correct! We didn't need another striker in Brewster, we more desperately needed creativity to perform the role currently occupied by Didzy. An experienced Premier League keeper like Foster would have been more desirable than an inexperienced keeper like Ramsdale.

Berge sold
Lundstram released
Rodwell released
Freeman ??

Leaves us with Fleck, Norwood and Osborn in first teamers. I'd like us to sign a complete midfield three, RCM/LCM/DM.

Do we continue with a midfield three in the championship or do we bring back the number 10?

Conor Hourihane
Alan Browne
Nick Powell (free)

Berge sold
Lundstram released
Rodwell released
Freeman ??

Leaves us with Fleck, Norwood and Osborn in first teamers. I'd like us to sign a complete midfield three, RCM/LCM/DM.

Do we continue with a midfield three in the championship or do we bring back the number 10?

Conor Hourihane
Alan Browne
Nick Powell (free)
if norwood stays i think he will only be a squad player for me even in the championship osborn probably would be ok but i think hes a better lwb than midfielder so yeah i would say at least 2 possibly 3 more need to come in would love to get hourihanne besic and swift

We need to sign a deep midfielder to replace Norwood and also critically get a Number 10 in.

TBF defence is fine and so is up top, just need quality in the midfield.

There have been loads of opportunities for players to shoot, but they either take an unnecessary touch or choose to pass.
The chances are there, but I agree clear cut chances are not being created
As you say the problem lies both with the striker and the creators

We need to sign a deep midfielder to replace Norwood and also critically get a Number 10 in.

TBF defence is fine and so is up top, just need quality in the midfield.
villa supposedly interested in berge maybe hourihane could be part of any deal 🤔

Can’t we keep Berge for another season, bring in Coulibaly and play a double pivot with no10 in front.

Dozell - Ipswich- deep-lying playmaker
Olise - reading - right winger but I’d move him into a 10 role similar to eze
Bielik- Derby - right side centrehalf/ defensive midfielder.

Thats who I’d be looking at.

Bielik 100%, not sure Dozell offers any improvement very good backup mind and olise will be off to a top club his stats are incredible and won’t have gone unnoticed. Josh Laurent looks a decent prospect, very good ball retainer. Harry Wilson , Josh Koroma and Mbenza also good players. Harvey Elliot on loan.

On a tangent Paddy McNair is a readymade understudy for Basham got to go and get him.

Last edited:

Jorge Grant at Lincoln. Brannigan at Oxford, Woolfenden at Ipswich.

Back
Top Bottom