Match Thread Middlesbrough v. Sheffield United - 28th September 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Personally, I loved some of our one touch passing during the game. I actually thought that we played better than we did against Hull. However, Fleck and Norwood offer little protection to the defence. I don't think we are that far away from being a decent side, but a lot of the dead wood surely need to go.

Personally, I loved some of our one touch passing during the game. I actually thought that we played better than we did against Hull. However, Fleck and Norwood offer little protection to the defence. I don't think we are that far away from being a decent side, but a lot of the dead wood surely need to go.
Agree. We played some decent football but lacked a cutting edge. Midfield is crying out for an enforcer. I also think if we are playing wing backs, and expect them to deliver in attack, we need to get better than what we have, which probs wont happen due to finances. We also need a bit of height at the back and up front. McB is tall but he isnt the answer for me. What I do like is how GW and Ndiaye link up, thats one positive for me, not scared of trying new things, as some of the old guard are.

Agree. We played some decent football but lacked a cutting edge. Midfield is crying out for an enforcer. I also think if we are playing wing backs, and expect them to deliver in attack, we need to get better than what we have, which probs wont happen due to finances. We also need a bit of height at the back and up front. McB is tall but he isnt the answer for me. What I do like is how GW and Ndiaye link up, thats one positive for me, not scared of trying new things, as some of the old guard are.
We went for a complete change with Slav, late in the close season, then didn’t back him in the transfer window.
`Our rivals got their man in early, despite having less time to recruit one,strengthened where needed, and hit the ground running.
`Result they will go back up, we will finish mid table.

I would imagine that having the odious cunt who is Blackwell stood near him might also not be ideal.
Good point - well made. i take it this forum is about opinions but doubt you’ll find many disagreeing with you (even Warnock 🤣)

We gave up with 15 to go
It felt like we gave up from the first goal going in, and I think we knew it in the crowd, too, as did their fans who started having a party at our expense. Turned into a walk in the park for them.

I didn't think we were awful.

Sloppy, yes. Tired, maybe. Soft, depends which player we're talking about. The bench didn't offer much of a plan B and having to sub Enda didn't help and came at a bad time.

Boro were much better than we were all expecting, but didn't come that close to scoring besides the two shots that went in.

For anyone interested, the xG of those shots gives the probability of both going in at around 1 in 500.

We remain in transition. Those expecting the upward curve to be smooth will be disappointed. It'll be 2 steps forward, 1 step back until January.

Back
Top Bottom