Match Thread Middlesbrough v. Sheffield United - 28th September 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We’ve always been shite and doomed even when we were good haha.

On paper we have a very strong starting 11. However, we have a manager trying to play a system with players he probably wants to replace and he doesn’t have the strength in depth to be able to deal with injuries and suspensions atm.

We’ve got big problems if we’re relying on a lot of the aging old guard imo
I agree and disagreeing with this post. I don't think we have a strong starting 11, if that includes Fleck, Norwood, Osborn and Sharp. But I do agree that we've got big problems if we're relying on the old guard.

Fleck walks through games, literally. Occasionally bursts into a jog. Scored one of his 4 or 5 goals for us the other week, an anomaly. Simply not good enough an athlete.

Norwood, out of possession, a liability.

Osborn, huff, puff, not a lot else. Too small.

Sharp, too immobile to lead the line on a night like tonight. Did he give their defence any worry at all tonight? Nope.

One word. Frustrating.

Not sure I agree with the snowflakes that the seasons over.

Slav has got to sort out how to organise the team to.

Deal with a team that presses hard.
Balls played over the top.

Two things Huddersfield and Boro are good at.

i may be deluded but Ndiaye passes to Osborn and that’s a different game. Also McGoldricks shot is a few inches to the left and that’s in. They had two good shots and they went in. We had two good chances which we didn’t take.

Frustrating

So that’s acceptable behaviour to you then? I think your comment cements what I already know about some of our fan base.

Should they have gone down the tunnel and put on their Victorian mourning gear?

They weren't coming on because we'd used all our subs, why can't they have a chat ffs?

McGoldrick had a massive grin on when the whistle went, talking to someone, should we sack him?

Ridiculous.

They weren't coming on because we'd used all our subs, why can't they have a chat ffs?

McGoldrick had a massive grin on when the whistle went, talking to someone, should we sack him?

Ridiculous.
Oh whatever, this is a FORUM. A FORRRUUUM. Some views occasionally differ to yours.

Really poor outcome tonight. Just don't think that this lot have it in them.... too many are used to losing. Not saying they're OK with it.... but seem incapable of becoming serial winners. Slav brought his Fulham side to BDTBL and they just wouldn't lie down... they ended up 5-4 winners.

No way is this Blades squad capable of anything remotely similar. I think Slav just hasn't got (or been provided with) the necessary tools. Can't see anything but a mediocre and inconsistent season at best.

So frustrating to see West Brom stepping up to the task in a fashion that we look a million miles away from being able to match.

Saturday could be painful....
We gave up with 15 to go

Poor performance, started OK but when Middlesbrough scored we never seriously looked like getting back into the game.

Got bullied by a load of big experienced players who knew what they were doing.

First goal was a bit of a worldie, good quality, second was unfortunate from Sharp getting robbed.

Don't think we played badly really, not honking or anything, but a hangover from Derby where nothing was coming off. I think we could've done with Sharp going off in the second half for McBurnie.

Maybe could have had a couple had we squared/let it run for others but that's how it goes sometimes.

Ref was shite as usual, headbutting Baldock not a red card offence apparently, doesn't matter how soft the headbutt was, he should have been off.

Feel like teams like Boro will be out kryptonite, huge height advantage, attack in numbers on the break. Need to do something about that.

Our set pieces were cack, delivery and decision making wasn't much better. Expect better from Osborn and MGW than loopy crosses.

Overall, not really a cause for bedwetting, but a disappointing end to a good little unbeaten league run.
Problem is the Championship has quite a few teams like Middlesborough , not going to win it but know how to get stuck in and beat a team who have quite a few not capable of competing in this division,unfortunately.

Ridiculous.
It’s the same half a dozen on the match thread every game drunk , cheesy , Alan Robert’s , Hillsboro , iffy etc … they moan when we win and seem to be in their element when we lose

I agree and disagreeing with this post. I don't think we have a strong starting 11, if that includes Fleck, Norwood, Osborn and Sharp. But I do agree that we've got big problems if we're relying on the old guard.

Fleck walks through games, literally. Occasionally bursts into a jog. Scored one of his 4 or 5 goals for us the other week, an anomaly. Simply not good enough an athlete.

Sharp, too immobile to lead the line on a night like tonight. Did he give their defence any worry at all tonight? Nope.
It's all about the opposition Peterborough, Hull and Derby don't press so Norwood and Fleck look good.
Put them against aggressive, pressing teams like Boro and WBA and they are shite

Basically, Warnock did a job on us. He knows our weakness. We have no midfield if you press it. Norwood and Fleck can't play. We're also liable to make mistakes. It terms of overall play it was pretty even but they wanted it more, They were first to loose balls, had more athleticism and were prepared to take on a man. It could have ended level, we could have lost, but we had very little going forward.

Olsen - 6.5 - Steady. Not at fault for either goal for me. You could argue his positioning would be better on the first but admire the finish. Looks to move the ball when he has it quickly, which is a plus. Made a good save from their offside chance.
Stevens - 6 - OK but faded badly. Looks better defensively than RND and better in attack as he's prepared to move infield to create room. Helps Osborn and Fleck
Davies - 5 - Thought he was sloppy again. Gave the ball again badly and made a last ditch challenge to recover. Gave it away again later. Should be better on the first for me. Flat-footed and gave Kevin de Bruyne's twin too much room. I'm not convinced by him. Better than Robinson but weak.
Egan - 5.5 - Not his best game for me. Thought he looked slow and got bullied a bit by their forward. Looks inherently dodgy with balls over the top.
Baldock - 5.5 - Should have done better with their first. Game their player too much room to pass. Thought he was poor going forward and the little dink ball stopped working second half.
Fleck - 5.5 - I thought we lost midfield. He looked lively early on and pushed forward but gradually became more and more sloppy. He gts caught on the ball and telegraphs passes far too often
Norwood - 4- Essentially man marked out of the game by Crooks. He can't play when this happens. Had a woeful freekick as well
Osborn - 6 - Looked livel and was always looking to get forward. Nothing quite worded though and I though he faded from the game
Gibbs-White - 5 - Another lightweight performance. He has the flicks and trick, but they weren't coming off. The defensive side of his game is not good.
Ndiaye - 5.5 - Nothing quite worked for him but for a period in the second half he was the one looking to make things happen. Hit the post but it should have been a clear handball
Sharp - 5 - Thought he had a poor game. I think playing twice a week is catching up with him. There's not enough movement upfront and he made some poor decision today. I would have taken him off at halftime

McGoldrick - 6 - Had a couple of good efforts later on but not as involved as he could have been
RND - 6 - Replaced a tiring Stevens and got forward a bit more. Did OK. Better than the last few games
Hourihane - 5.5 - We get better set-pieces with him on but not seeing anything in open play from him.

Slav - 5 - Thought he got schooled by Warnock. Had the wrong suvs on the bench. We needed an extra body in midfield and a different striker second half.

Ridiculous.
I wish s
It’s the same half a dozen on the match thread every game drunk , cheesy , Alan Robert’s , Hillsboro , iffy etc … they moan when we win and seem to be in their element when we lose
😂🤣🤣😂🤣
Ok then Chingo. I stand corrected.

Funny that, maybe check my previous posts, how about the one just after kick off today when I said we were doing ok? Funny you dont mention fallowfield who is constantly negative. Get your facts right.

Get your facts right. Show me evidence of when I moan when we win. Hello, hello? Sad, very very sad.

That was poor.
Don't understand how Gage sees it as something different. He seemed to think we did alright!

Gage is useless. He literally sad, in as many words "if they didn't score their goals and we'd have scored it would be a different game"

I suppose it depends which version of Norwood and Fleck you are getting. For me, our 2 best midfield players are Berge and Hourahiane, put them in ahead of the chuckle brothers that played tonight and I think that improves the team straight away.

Sharp is great when we are creating chances for him but on nights like tonight we might as well play with 10 men. As stupid as it sounds, Ollie Burke looks good in games like tonight because at least he gives the defenders a decision to make when he’s chasing them down. Shame he’s no good with the ball at his feet.

Sharp will have games where he absolutely bullies defenders but he also has games like tonight and Saturday where defenders absolutely bully him. Sol Bamba had him in his back pocket tonight.

Samba and their goalie were quality. And made the difference. We were far from useless, lots of good interplay.

Lacked a cutting edge, but Slav is taking us in the right direction, football is good and when it all clicks no doubts we will be up there.

He doesn’t play McB and Brewster because he’s an astute football man. It’s obvious if he could offload them he would.

Looked like Billy had No time for Warnock at end of game. I assume the history between them still has deep wounds

Let’s just try our best to enjoy it where we can

Slav is trying to suss it all out with very little help from above

Our major problem ,as many of us know ,is midfield - the engine room - which isn’t functioning and won’t (imho) with Fleck and Norwood anywhere near the first team

We are at the start of a revolutionary dilemma where Slav has a preferred way to play with certain types of players

We have only MGW - Ndiaye - Egan - Didz - Berge ,who are good enough at the moment to be moulded - there are of course others who might be able to fit in - Baldock - Davis - OMac - Brewster - Gibbs White , the others can all go for me

it’s going to be a long job - we won’t go down and we won’t go up / let’s try to enjoy it

I need a new sport to follow, this just feels like as a teen you date a girl, set up a date where you think you're going to grab a bare breast, or even get a sticky finger(s), only for her to dump you before you've got anywhere, then off you trudge home knowing the best you have is a wank over an old copy of razzle, you get home, carefully try to prize open the stuck together pages, only to rip the parts of the page which were the tits and the fucking great bushy minge.

Have a good evening fellow blades
Can I borrow that Razzle when you’re finished with it..?

Back
Top Bottom