Middlesbrough Aquisitions.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m fatalistic about this kind of nonsense. What will be, will be. A re-energized and resurgent Blades under Hecky will win all these outstanding rearranged fixtures.
Imagine how good that will feel. We win despite silly rules and the EFL sleepwalking.

Being narky about this:

• Connolly is known for being a pisshead. Brighton not sorry to see him shipped elsewhere. He has 6 senior career goals in 49 starts. Wow. Imagine if he was signed by us to solve scoring issues.
  • Balogun is a calculated gamble. Fair enough, good youth record but that's not to say he's ready for the men's stuff. See exhibit A, Rhian Brewster, who was older when we signed him.
  • McGree was linked with Celtic. Been on loan at Brum. Has 2 goals in 15 games and 2 assists. Not seen much of him, but I'd rather Gibbs-White as my loan midfielder to be honest.

Chris has been active. But I wouldn't exactly say he's just nailed their play off spot with any of those. We have better players in the building than all of them.

Have some faith Blades!

The EFL should have been the one who decides on the replay date.

If the game is postponed a second time by the same team, then a 3-0 should be awarded to the other team.

Teams are not allowed to use players signed after the game should have been played.

That would stop all this bollocks.

So just to clarify…… you’ve had someone else’s spunk in your eyes? 👀

Don't play the vestal virgin, dear boy, we're both men of the world and have both skippered our boats around the cape horn too many times in stormy seas to play coy.

You know the situation; the lights are low, dangerously low, the temperature rising, sophie ellis-bexter on repeat on the stereogram beating out a primal, hypnotic sexual rhythm, naked flesh writhing against naked flesh, a well worn Eames rocking against double worsted axminster. Condensation at the windows, car keys in a bowl. Pheromones and Yardley Lace, playing havoc with a man's senses.

You feel the sudden spray of liquid arc across your visage, stinging your eyes. "Has someone just knocked over my flute of Dom Perignon 1988 or is it something more sinister?". You're in half a mind to finish what you're doing, but your make your excuses and retire to the downstairs WC/utility/boot room and look in the mirror. Your neighbour Bob, has left the mark of Zoro on your face with his essence. You shrug. Sometimes in the heat of battle, there is friendly fire. 🤷‍♂️

Don't play the vestal virgin, dear boy, we're both men of the world and have both skippered our boats around the cape horn too many times in stormy seas to play coy.

You know the situation; the lights are low, dangerously low, the temperature rising, sophie ellis-bexter on repeat on the stereogram beating out a primal, hypnotic sexual rhythm, naked flesh writhing against naked flesh, a well worn Eames rocking against double worsted axminster. Condensation at the windows, car keys in a bowl. Pheromones and Yardley Lace, playing havoc with a man's senses.

You feel the sudden spray of liquid arc across your visage, stinging your eyes. "Has someone just knocked over my flute of Dom Perignon 1988 or is it something more sinister?". You're in half a mind to finish what you're doing, but your make your excuses and retire to the downstairs WC/utility/boot room and look in the mirror. Your neighbour Bob, has left the mark of Zoro on your face with his essence. You shrug. Sometimes in the heat of battle, there is friendly fire. 🤷‍♂️
That doesn’t sound like a work event! 🤣

Interesting that Middlesbrough have made 3 good quality acquisitions since the transfer window opened 13 days ago. It seems very wrong that our former Messiah will be allowed to play these players in our rearranged game when they weren’t available in the first fixture that Wilder supposedly called off.
I was talking to a Middlesbrough season ticket holder this week and we got onto football and he admitted to me that it was the injury crisis at their club that cause a postponement with many cases of Covid exaggerated. mmmm.
Well if a Middlesbrough season ticket holder says it's true then it must be.

Can we stop trash talking one of our best managers we've had.
He didn't leave out the back door and you have to take the calling of the game off at face value. Plus there's a risk of our camp getting it if the game went ahead anyway.

All this talk of the new players not being able to play. The same would have to apply for us too and you don't know how that could scupper us too.

The game was postponed believe what you want but move on and focus back on it when the time comes in a few months.

Is everything okay at home ?
Everything is ok at home thanks for asking , but the ex-wife digs the knife in at every opportunity , should i keep telling people i am madly in love with her ? she is long gone .................................................................................................................................................................................................thank fook .

Early post of the year contender.

Take me there Baby!

Being narky about this:

• Connolly is known for being a pisshead. Brighton not sorry to see him shipped elsewhere. He has 6 senior career goals in 49 starts. Wow. Imagine if he was signed by us to solve scoring issues.
  • Balogun is a calculated gamble. Fair enough, good youth record but that's not to say he's ready for the men's stuff. See exhibit A, Rhian Brewster, who was older when we signed him.
  • McGree was linked with Celtic. Been on loan at Brum. Has 2 goals in 15 games and 2 assists. Not seen much of him, but I'd rather Gibbs-White as my loan midfielder to be honest.

Chris has been active. But I wouldn't exactly say he's just nailed their play off spot with any of those. We have better players in the building than all of them.

Have some faith Blades!
I think, the point is, Middlesboro are actively trying to improve their team for a promotion push.
We are not!
We do not appear to be able to land targets, Souter going to Rangers, the Fleetwood lad to Bournemouth, and I’m not sure we are even trying.
We desperately need a centre half for our promotion push, but there is no sense of urgency, or desire from our Board
The owner never goes to the games, and the Chairman says he isn’t interested in football.No surprise then, really.So long as we can develope somebody to sell on, they’ll be happy I think.Even with that as their goal, they can’t fund some decent training facilities.
You reap what you sow, and I can’t help feeling we’re not serious about promotion this season, despite Hecky’s best efforts.

You do get the feeling that the club has fallen back into the old, "if it happens, it happens, if it don't, well there's always next season," kind of mood once more... :tumbleweed:

Last player we paid a few for was Brewster and that’s over a year ago, the last time we had this many loans I ‘think’ got relegated lol

I think, the point is, Middlesboro are actively trying to improve their team for a promotion push.
We are not!
We do not appear to be able to land targets, Souter going to Rangers, the Fleetwood lad to Bournemouth, and I’m not sure we are even trying.
We desperately need a centre half for our promotion push, but there is no sense of urgency, or desire from our Board
The owner never goes to the games, and the Chairman says he isn’t interested in football.No surprise then, really.So long as we can develope somebody to sell on, they’ll be happy I think.Even with that as their goal, they can’t fund some decent training facilities.
You reap what you sow, and I can’t help feeling we’re not serious about promotion this season, despite Hecky’s best efforts.
You may be right - I think you are

Let’s see where we are when the report is published - I mean , at the end of the Jan window

Last player we paid a few for was Brewster and that’s over a year ago, the last time we had this many loans I ‘think’ got relegated lol
We've got 4 players in loan at the moment (MGW, Olsen, Davies & Hourihane)

In 2018/19 we got promoted with 7 with 5 being here the second half of the season. Hendo & Johnson for the season, Woodburn & Norwood till January and Hogan, Madine and Dowell Jan-May.

I don't think our four loan players are the issue, though I would send Olsen back and try a cheaper alternative. Our squad is still quite unbalanced with us being notably short at the back, we could do with moving a couple out from top heavy areas and bringing in a defender or two at least. All easier said than done of course!

You may be right - I think you are

Let’s see where we are when the report is published - I mean , at the end of the Jan window
Be all over bar the shouting by then.
No ambition.
Owners content to tread water, and piss about with their ridiculous tinpot United World, whilst the only decent club they managed to get their grubby hands on, goes down the tubes.

We’ll I’ve just watched the first half of Boro v West Brom and it’s made me realise how good we are in comparison.

They’re both looking dire if you ask me and as we may meet both of these sides should we make the play-offs…it fills me with confidence to say the least.
Tinchy Stryder he’s one of our own.

Balogun is a gamble, though one I can see a lot potential in. Never heard of the Birmingham midfielder. Connolly is a good signing though.
I imagine they'll make the play-offs. He's doing a very decent job there. No hard feelings.
Everyone on here seems to be talking spunk and you have no hard feelings tut tut.

Boro turned up the heat 2nd half and West Brom just crumbled. They are on a real downer.
Wilder looked gorgeous in his wedding suit.
Something just doesn’t seem to fit with Chrissy and such a non-descript, unexciting, nothing sort of club that Middlesbrough is though.
It’s a team that’s there but hardly ever noticed.
But…I do remember seeing them play at Fratton Park in the 70’s when Jackie Charlton was boss. I was really impressed when a bunch of mean-looking, seven-foot fuckers came running out the tunnel looking like they meant business. They did as well. Played Pompey off the park and won 5-0 if I remember correcty.

His post match interview made me smile - he actually stated 'I'm not one for going out the back door'........

His post match interview made me smile - he actually stated 'I'm not one for going out the back door'........
He said that while he was here too…. But then did exactly that ‘I’m nobody’s boy’

Back
Top Bottom