Mid table budget.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Heard the budget is between 10-15m plus whatever he brings in from sales.... or is it...

A few websites throw estimates around for each club’s playing budget last season (that’s fees and salaries etc.). Mid ranging sides seemed to have an overall budget of between £16 - 24m from what I recall reading. Some reports suggest we are going to be up around that mark next season but those are only rumours. For all I know we were under that this season and will be again.

When you consider that the teams near the top had budgets estimated at around £60m it shows how big the spending gap is from the bottom half to teams with wealthy backing or parachute payments.

Whatever the budget is Wilder must be happy with it, or he wouldn't have stayed. As he said in his interview it is now down to him and his management team to get the most from it.

That'll do me, bring on next season.

If Wilder is happy with the budget, and has signed a new deal, what will the moaners moan about for the next 3 months? :eek::eek::eek:

A budget of anything towards or over £10m would be staggering - and really heap the pressure on Wilder.

We must be raising the wage ceiling too if that's the case. I wonder what to? We might see yet another round of new contracts handed out to certain players early next season, or even before. If new signings come in on 20k p/w some current players might not be too happy.

I think people are getting overall budget with signing fee budget.

If our wage bill is already £10m and our new budget is £15m then we’ve only got £5m for fees and wages

There are players who will be released/sold which will free up the wages and add more money into the kitty.
Donaldson,Hussey,Long,Carruthers,Hanson etc I would include Ched as well,which would allow us to get 5 or 6 new signings either buy or loan.
We should spend as big as we can on 2 strikers,also a CH,Goalkeeper,a Duffy type midfielder and I would let Lafferty go and sign a left wing back to compete with Stevens.

CW is hoping for four quality additions with the increased budget (according to the Star) I would guess a quality championship player to be around £5m so he must have something in the region of £20m?

Maybe we have to lift our sights, a bigger budget could be 5x £10m players as that is what would be needed for the PL. Assuming its still a striker ,CH,GK and a Coutts upgrade who are they? Bony, Mata , Robles, Evans level

Interesting bit of ITK on Bladesmad from Twirlo, who's been good for it recently.

"no names pal.but a bit of info about wilder and what he asked for before he signed his contract, he has been given 20 mil and if brooks does go to an offer we simply cannot turn down wilder gets that money as well. the person in question is fighting tonight at a blue collar event. for blue bell wood,a certain person will be their supporting his best man.apparently theres quality on their way . so fingers crossed. also a centre half from plymouth as been looked at."

Let's face it , nobody on this thread has any idea.
Could be talking about transfer fees , loan fees or the net increase in the wages budget.
And the Club is going to obfuscate anyway , coz as stupid as they've been in the market in the past , they have surely by now learned to avoid publicising figures , telling the seller how much they've got to spend.
So it's pointless to debate what "increased budget" means.
Let's just hope we can shift some of the unwanted , improve some of the ones on long contracts who've not even made the squad and add a few in significant positions (LB, CB, STx2) who are actually BETTER than what we've got (unlike in January).

Perhaps you or someone else can explain what this fucking 'Dilly Dilly' business is all about.

I was in a pub last week when a bloke shouted it out every two minutes or so, then laughed uproariously as if he'd said something really funny.

To be fair, no fucker else did, but I'd hate to be missing out on the latest great humour trend.

Was it a Dronfield pub?

:)[/QUOTE]
Na twas against our down under neighbours along the lines of

Lillee c Willey b Dilley

That sorts that out then....:rolleyes:

EDIT:
bugger just read the rest of thread.....:(

note to self READ THE WHOLE CHUFFING THREAD FIRST....

i am just going to go and kidney punch a porcupine

so last year we had a ‘bottom 3’ Budget aided and assisted by sell on clauses.

How much is a mid table budget?

Following the logic we finished 11 places above our budget last year we should be in top 6 with an increased budget?
Give us a bit more and we’d get a “by” straight through to the Prem!

Interesting bit of ITK on Bladesmad from Twirlo, who's been good for it recently.

"no names pal.but a bit of info about wilder and what he asked for before he signed his contract, he has been given 20 mil and if brooks does go to an offer we simply cannot turn down wilder gets that money as well. the person in question is fighting tonight at a blue collar event. for blue bell wood,a certain person will be their supporting his best man.apparently theres quality on their way . so fingers crossed. also a centre half from plymouth as been looked at."

And a player, with more than one vowel in their name, will sign for us shortly. He will have skin and some vestige of hair. For sure, he will have at least one tattooed arm. He may have a sweet left foot, but the other one will taste like a lemon. I’m giving away too many clues now so I’d better stop there. But you heard it here first.

Last year our budget was around 11 million, CW has been given an extra 5 million. Some people seem to think budget means what can be spent on transfers, obviously it's not. Last years budget was for transfers, signing on fees, wages, bonuses etc etc. This extra 5 million would mean we can only spend 2 maybe 3 million in total on a transfer fees with the rest in wages. Releasing some players has also freed up some of last years budget but I wouldn't expect more than a couple of million spent of transfer fees, loans will play a big part.

Any decent transfer fees coming in could change the whole picture though.

Whatever the budget is Wilder must be happy with it, or he wouldn't have stayed. As he said in his interview it is now down to him and his management team to get the most from it.

That'll do me, bring on next season.

"......... or he wouldn't have stayed " Why, did somebody offer him a job ?

Or was it just in the fevered imaginations of some on here who piss their knickers every time another club gets rid of their manager ?

Or was it just in the fevered imaginations of some on here who piss their knickers every time another club gets rid of their manager ?

I honestly don't know, but there was lots of noise about Sunderland (not that I ever believed he would drop a league) but plenty of clubs might have taken a punt on him. Wilder was very non committal in his interviews but perhaps it was all just a warning shot across the owner's bough.

In any case my knickers remained thoroughly dry throughout the whole pantomime.

Last year our budget was around 11 million, CW has been given an extra 5 million. Some people seem to think budget means what can be spent on transfers, obviously it's not. Last years budget was for transfers, signing on fees, wages, bonuses etc etc. This extra 5 million would mean we can only spend 2 maybe 3 million in total on a transfer fees with the rest in wages. Releasing some players has also freed up some of last years budget but I wouldn't expect more than a couple of million spent of transfer fees, loans will play a big part.

Any decent transfer fees coming in could change the whole picture though.

What's the breakdown of the £11m between wages and transfer fees?

What's the breakdown of the £11m between wages and transfer fees?

Anyone who knew that level of detail would not be disclosing it on an Internet forum. It’s yet another ‘friend of a friend’ or maybe Happy Harry himself through a medium.

Anyone who knew that level of detail would not be disclosing it on an Internet forum. It’s yet another ‘friend of a friend’ or maybe Happy Harry himself through a medium.

This is the bloke who quite clearly stated HRH hadn't put a penny in and McCabe had been trying to get rid of him for four years.

That same post started with a comment about people "talking rubbish".

Or the fevered imagination of Jim White who said Wilder was the number one target of the bloke who now owns Sunderland, on national radio.

If Wilder is happy with the budget, and has signed a new deal, what will the moaners moan about for the next 3 months? :eek::eek::eek:

I should imagine it will kick off when the Board accept a derisory offer for one of our best players ……. as they are often guilty of ….. :rolleyes:

UTB & FTP

Back
Top Bottom