McCabe or Abdullah?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Quite a clever move by McCabe, he’s shown his cards and has said he wants out. Now we will find out the real intentions of the Prince and whether he can step up to the plate.

McCabe just told Sky Sports he doesn't want to be Chairman next season. It definitely seems like he has a sale lined up if he wins the court case.

Hope he has someone lined up. That is of course he wins the case.

Kev Mc seems to think a quick resolution is on the cards as well?

No, I think it might be just the opposite, or at least they may have decided, between them, that this is the best chance of moving the club on to people who want to take it to a new level.
It makes sense. There’s enough value in the club now for them to sell and both walk away with a sum they’re content with. Kev’s too old for this shit and I’m sure Andrex has got better things to do with his time and money than to attract bad publicity over alleged chicanery.

It makes sense. There’s enough value in the club now for them to sell and both walk away with a sum they’re content with. Kev’s too old for this shit and I’m sure Andrex has got better things to do with his time and money than to attract bad publicity over alleged chicanery.

He's a Chicano? I thought he was from err, what, who?

I think he thinks he’s going to sell to the Prince out of court and that, in our promoted state, the Prince will be willing to pay him enough.

I hope I’m wrong, and that he has a 3rd party with deep enough pockets to give him and the Prince enough to go away and leave CWAK in a position to turn more water into vintage claret.

What's a Sandman?
The scum who killed Luke's adopted parents on Tattoine?
a) they don't strike me as having the money to make Liverpool like investment;
b) I can't see them making many home games next season should they invest (which also makes me question if they're proper blades - where were they when the third went in for Port Vale under Heath? I don't remember them being interested then??);
c) do we really want people with their values running our club? Marlon King didn't sit easily with me, but this is a whole other level!

The scum who killed Luke's adopted parents on Tattoine?
a) they don't strike me as having the money to make Liverpool like investment;
b) I can't see them making many home games next season should they invest (which also makes me question if they're proper blades - where were they when the third went in for Port Vale under Heath? I don't remember them being interested then??);
c) do we really want people with their values running our club? Marlon King didn't sit easily with me, but this is a whole other level!

It was the Tuskens who killed them. Not the Sand People.

I'd get out more but I can't find my light sabre.

Yes, that's an underhand term completely not needed.
I’m glad no one on here uses “underhand” (wrong word btw - “underhand” means “dishonest” “sneaky”) terms! :rolleyes:

“Sandman” is a term for a mythical character that supposedly brings good luck, but he only visits those that are sleeping and they wake up with grit in their eyes.

I’m glad no one on here uses “underhand” (wrong word btw - “underhand” means “dishonest” “sneaky”) terms! :rolleyes:

“Sandman” is a term for a mythical character that supposedly brings good luck, but he only visits those that are sleeping and they wake up with grit in their eyes.

Second paragraph as wrong as you using the term Sandman in the first place. What's the link with the Prince?

The word has many meanings - dubious, unethical and unprincipled being just three examples, pity you chose not to mention them. So an even poorer choice to use in this particular context.

The word has many meanings - dubious, unethical and unprincipled being just three examples, pity you chose not to mention them. So an even poorer choice to use in this particular context.
Yes all those synonyms are relevant and I didn’t deselect them. I didn’t refer to a thesaurus, I just used a couple of common ones to make a point - I think you meant to say “derogatory” because you were looking for something to have a go about.

You know what mate...

We’ve just won promotion to the Premier League. We should all be happy and making each other feel great. Because we all deserve this. We’ve waited a long time for it!

My post is acknowledging that McCabe has been a genuine custodian of the club, with the club’s best interests at heart. However, it is also saying that he has not been blameless in the decline of our club and has made some very poor business decisions that have contributed significantly to it. He has made some very poor decisions on hiring and firing of managers, but imo, the sale of 50% of the club to the Saudi “Prince” is one of the worst ones. And that chicken has come home to roost.

I don’t think there’s anything controversial about that. It’s where we are at currently. I think the Prince has tried to pull a fast one and I’m not a fan of his. I could be far more derogatory than this, believe me!

I hope it gets resolved. My preference would be for them both to leave and sell out to a third party.

Now, if you want to avoid discussing that, and instead focus on a word I used, inappropriately in your opinion, then that’s your prerogative. But I was rather hoping we’d be discussing the general point that McCabe has made a mistake in selling off half the club to a guy that is now trying to take more than his share (according to reports) and hence this stalemate.

Have a lovely day!:tumbleweed:

Last edited:
Yes all those synonyms are relevant and I didn’t deselect them. I didn’t refer to a thesaurus, I just used a couple of common ones to make a point - I think you meant to say “derogatory” because you were looking for something to have a go about.

You know what mate...

We’ve just won promotion to the Premier League. We should all be happy and making each other feel great. Because we all deserve this. We’ve waited a long time for it!

My post is acknowledging that McCabe has been a genuine custodian of the club, with the club’s best interests at heart. However, it is also saying that he has not been blameless in the decline of our club and has made some very poor business decisions that have contributed significantly to it. He has made some very poor decisions on hiring and firing of managers, but imo, the sale of 50% of the club to the Saudi “Prince” is one of the worst ones. And that chicken has come home to roost.

I don’t think there’s anything controversial about that. It’s where we are at currently. I think the Prince has tried to pull a fast one and I’m not a fan of his. I could be far more derogatory than this, believe me!

I hope it gets resolved. My preference would be for them both to leave and sell out to a third party.

Now, if you want to avoid discussing that, and instead focus on a word I used, inappropriately in your opinion, then that’s your prerogative. But I was rather hoping we’d be discussing the general point that McCabe has made a mistake in selling off half the club to a guy that is now trying to take more than his share (according to reports) and hence this stalemate.

Have a lovely day!:tumbleweed:

Businessman makes mistake!

Which, in essence, is what McCabe did. Whoever drew up the agreement between Kev and the Prince clearly didn't have the expertise to ensure that words exchanged at the beginning were translated into cast-iron legalese, thus McCabe finds himself in a situation that he'd wished he could have avoided. That's a summary, sure there's far more to this, but as I'm not in court I'll leave it to the costly QC's to thrash this out.

Returning to your use of 'sandman', whatever your motives, in context, and given that there's already been racially motivated hostility towards the Prince, it's inappropriate to use this term as it suggests an unpleasant underbelly of racism. If you were/are blind to this then I'm happy to offer guidance about what to avoid.

What I don't need are lessons in what a thesaurus can offer in terms of appropriate use of words. I had no intention to use the word 'derogatory', or anything similar, just saying. As for the benefits of attaining promotion, yes, it would be nice to spread some brotherly love amongst fellow Blades, but slips such as yours need correction, even if you fail to see the word's relevance and why you should have selected something that didn't have this racially-tinged appearance. Put it down to a mistake on your part, no more, no less.

Finally, your summation of events isn't far off the mark. KM will have to fight his corner and ensure the Prince doesn't get away with this sly bit of interpretation, whether he'll succeed remains to be seen. I hope for all our sakes that Kev is victorious, as I have a nasty feeling that should the Prince win this might impact on this club from top to bottom.

upload_2019-5-2_19-4-50.png
I'm seeing stuff like this in response to Phipps on Facebook. Is there actually any basis to this or is it pure bullshit?! :confused:

View attachment 53019
I'm seeing stuff like this in response to Phipps on Facebook. Is there actually any basis to this or is it pure bullshit?! :confused:

I don't do Facepalm so if you could let us have a link to our Jim it would assist. In any event, I have seen so much shit posted about what is going on by apparently intelligent posters who actually know fuck all, that I just despair.

Star report from 10 June.
"The case also heard claims that Mr Bettis 'switched sides' from the McCabes' SUL to UTB, something which he denied."

Bettis' interesting take on impartiality (from two days ago):

Screenshot 2019-06-17 16.44.57.png

Astounding lack of judgement given where court case stands and very worrying given view held by McCabe and others within the club that if Abdullah wins, Wilder will leave.

Back
Top Bottom