Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Aye
But:
No mention of “assist(s)”
Genius tactic flinging the ball into (beyond) the box with a view to everyone missing it so it travels beyond the far post
The long throw is a decent weapon. If it ends up in the back of the net its the same result as a 30 pass move that ends in a goal. Fuck the football purists.

The long throw is a decent weapon. If it ends up in the back of the net its the same result as a 30 pass move that ends in a goal. Fuck the football purists.
Aye
Don’t disagree
Not sure what your ‘argument’ is
May be worthwhile reading the (bit of the) thread I initially commented on.
Fuck the illiterate, limited attention span posters 😉

Aye
Don’t disagree
Not sure what your ‘argument’ is
May be worthwhile reading the (bit of the) thread I initially commented on.
Fuck the illiterate, limited attention span posters 😉
Illiterate? Care to expand? I'm not after an argument. I'm a bit perplexed as to why you needed to mention Mcburnies challenge? It was missed by everyone, as has been pointed out.

Illiterate? Care to expand? I'm not after an argument. I'm a bit perplexed as to why you needed to mention Mcburnies challenge? It was missed by everyone, as has been pointed out.
Aye
Neither am I (after an argument) - albeit it was you that ‘picked me up’ on my comment apparently without recognising the context.
The ‘debate’ was about the likely lack of height / physical presence on Sunday (‘sans’ McB) & another poster ‘taking issue ‘with a comment on such & (implicitly) that McB isn’t / wasn’t ‘necessary’ . They continued by suggesting that the Hamer goal was well worked & pre conceived - my (minor) observation merely highlighted that McB was ‘present’ , then your size 11 contribution 😉
Would that lofted ball been “missed by everyone” to arrive @ Hamer is McBurnie hadn’t been there or was it more likely that a defender with a ‘free’header got summat on it ?
Nothing more nothing less
Illiteracy was a reference (dig if you wish) at not reading (understanding ?!😳) the context - as I described

Aye
Neither am I (after an argument) - albeit it was you that ‘picked me up’ on my comment apparently without recognising the context.
The ‘debate’ was about the likely lack of height / physical presence on Sunday (‘sans’ McB) & another poster ‘taking issue ‘with a comment on such & (implicitly) that McB isn’t / wasn’t ‘necessary’ . They continued by suggesting that the Hamer goal was well worked & pre conceived - my (minor) observation merely highlighted that McB was ‘present’ , then your size 11 contribution 😉
Would that lofted ball been “missed by everyone” to arrive @ Hamer is McBurnie hadn’t been there or was it more likely that a defender with a ‘free’header got summat on it ?
Nothing more nothing less
Illiteracy was a reference (dig if you wish) at not reading (understanding ?!😳) the context - as I described
So no illiteracy on my part. Glad we've cleared that up.

So no illiteracy on my part. Glad we've cleared that up.
Moan? Nope-I saw Longhorn credited McBurnie for challenging for the ball in run-up to the goal. He didn’t mention assist. You then said “Assists for challenging without touching the ball now. Wow.”. He didn’t actually say “assist”.

Regardless, I actually think if McBurnie is Archer, or even Osula, the defender clears that. It’s obviously not an assist but a striker with a lesser presence and that gets cleared. This isn’t straw clutching, it’s just pretty obvious to me.

Moan? Nope-I saw Longhorn credited McBurnie for challenging for the ball in run-up to the goal. He didn’t mention assist. You then said “Assists for challenging without touching the ball now. Wow.”. He didn’t actually say “assist”.

Regardless, I actually think if McBurnie is Archer, or even Osula, the defender clears that. It’s obviously not an assist but a striker with a lesser presence and that gets cleared. This isn’t straw clutching, it’s just pretty obvious to me.
It's straw clutching. Credit Mcburnie for what he actually did. He won a couple of great flick ons that Archer didn't have the nouse to gamble on. Mcburnie has started the season well, he'll be a loss on Sunday but come on, praise for jumping for a ball?

It's straw clutching. Credit Mcburnie for what he actually did. He won a couple of great flick ons that Archer didn't have the nouse to gamble on. Mcburnie has started the season well, he'll be a loss on Sunday but come on, praise for jumping for a ball?
It’s not straw clutching, I said what I said. Any of our other strikers go for that ball and it’s headed clear. I’m not saying it makes him the world’s best striker, nor am I claiming it’s an assist. I don’t think anyone has. Tbf I don’t think our views are miles apart, I only got involved because I didn’t think the point made about McBurnie’s challenge was a mad one let alone one “clutching at straws”. That would imply there’s some agenda going on rather than a point being made.

Last edited:

Aye
Not sure I even gave him “credit” - merely that he was there - doing his job
What I am clear about (& the entire point of the post) is that their defence would have more chance of clearing afore it reached Hamer than the ‘alternatives’ referred to - & that is no criticism of either Traore & McAtee both of whom are entirely different players with very different ‘skill’ sets

Clearly it is illiteracy (or cat fishing?)

No “praise”
Maybe (try to) start reading @ #403
NB you’re allowed to follow the sentence(s) with your finger & ‘build up’ any big or hard words - try not to move your lips when doing so mind, - it’s a bad look
😉

Clearly it is illiteracy (or cat fishing?)

No “praise”
Maybe (try to) start reading @ #403
NB you’re allowed to follow the sentence(s) with your finger & ‘build up’ any big or hard words - try not to move your lips when doing so - it’s a bad look
😉
Let it go mate, it's not a good look. You really don't gain anything from bracketing (certain) words. Why comment on threads when you have nothing of any benefit to add to them? Mcburnie challenged for a ball. Happy with that assessment?

Good. I've always liked the lad. Yes he's a bit injury prone and that's a negative but he has an infectious personality which is a plus for the squad and I think when he gets his head down and has a run of games he's still a handful. Might be in the minority on here (maybe not) but I would be pleased if he signs a new contract with us.

Good. I've always liked the lad. Yes he's a bit injury prone and that's a negative but he has an infectious personality which is a plus for the squad and I think when he gets his head down and has a run of games he's still a handful. Might be in the minority on here (maybe not) but I would be pleased if he signs a new contract with us.
I agree, for the championship we aren't going to get much better without paying transfer fees.

Good. This would alleviate a lot of doubt ahead of next season

We're the right level for him too so it makes sense for him to stay

A few contracts being signed now. Is this a case of Wilder having delivered a kick up the arse in the right quarters? A condition of him returning to the club? Or just the usual process playing itself out?

I agree with you. If we can keep him fit he’s a very good championship player.

I think he needs to be played in a two striker formation or even a front 3 with a bit of pace and trickery around him.

If we spend all game hammering it up to him he’s never going to look his best.

Back
Top Bottom