Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who would pay that ?
I’d imagine that’s affordable for everyone but the promoted teams and Everton in fact it’s probably affordable for Southampton as well given the sums they normally send City’s way for academy players. Bournemouth paid 25 for Alex Scott last year. It the ball park I’d want us to be asking for if any of our young players has a good season next year.

I’d imagine that’s affordable for everyone but the promoted teams and Everton in fact it’s probably affordable for Southampton as well given the sums they normally send City’s way for academy players. Bournemouth paid 25 for Alex Scott last year.
Suppose you're right I just don't think he's very good personally

Suppose you're right I just don't think he's very good personally
You might be right and he could flop and if you are smart teams will avoid him but his headline numbers will be very tempting for clubs.

You might be right and he could flop and if you are smart teams will avoid him but his headline numbers will be very tempting for clubs.
It’s a big price for a player out of contract in two years though. How long did Scott have left on his City deal when they cashed in?

It’s a big price for a player out of contract in two years though. How long did Scott have left on his City deal when they cashed in?
2 years his deal expired 2025. Looks like teams are lining up for a bit of a bidding war for Gray as well.

2 years his deal expired 2025. Looks like teams are lining up for a bit of a bidding war for Gray as well.
Gray I get. He’s got a long term deal and is young.
But they need a fair few of them gone to cover their payments due.

Gray I get. He’s got a long term deal and is young.
But they need a fair few of them gone to cover their payments due.
I reckon you’ll cash in on 3/4 this summer reinvest in some more prospects and hope the someone like Joseph kicks on again and becomes another very high value asset next year.

I reckon you’ll cash in on 3/4 this summer reinvest in some more prospects and hope the someone like Joseph kicks on again and becomes another very high value asset next year.
But McBurnie wouldn’t be considered a prospect and wouldn’t be cheap wages wise?

Leeds will be selling more than they buy this summer.

Heard they need to raise a minimum of 100m this summer.

They will raise a big amount by selling Summerville, James, Gnonto, Grey etc.

If they do though what sort of XI will they end up with?

That deal with the 49ers investors hardly seems to have manifested itself in any large investment, unless I’ve missed something.

If they do though what sort of XI will they end up with?

That deal with the 49ers investors hardly seems to have manifested itself in any large investment, unless I’ve missed something.
Yeah they have spent a hell of a lot on some of these players. Rutter was like £35m (according to google) there’s a lot of there players that were signed for mega money. Aaronson / Piroe / Adams / Sinistieria / Roca / James / Firpo.

The list is endless of big money signings they’ve made.

To be fair they still have there best players to sell, Koch, Wobber, Aaronson, Harrison, Sinisterra, Kristensenn & Roca who have all been on loan this season before they even touch there first team this year

Who would pay that ?

Similar moves...
West Ham paid £25m for Benrahma.
Brentford paid around £18m for Bowen.
I think Palace paid £17m for Eze.

My guess would be £20m(ish) for Summerville, maybe with some add-ons on top.

As for who'd pay it, clubs around that 10-16th area of the PL.
Bowen & Eze's market value has probably tripled which lends weight to plucking that type of player out of the Championship.

Why? He's always bigging up Rangers, and they're just Rangers-lite

It’s a big step down. 6 goals and 3 assists in 21 games in the Prem last year. He’s in his peak years now. Yes he’s a crock but still….

Have Hearts got the sort of money needed?

Probably not, they're fan owned now after wrestling the club back from some mad Lithuanian Chansiri type. But maybe McB has his sights set on resurrecting his international career, and recent Scotland managers are notorious for favouring players in the SPL over arguably better ones playing down south.

Similar moves...
West Ham paid £25m for Benrahma.
Brentford paid around £18m for Bowen.
I think Palace paid £17m for Eze.

My guess would be £20m(ish) for Summerville, maybe with some add-ons on top.

As for who'd pay it, clubs around that 10-16th area of the PL.
Bowen & Eze's market value has probably tripled which lends weight to plucking that type of player out of the Championship.
Think Bournemouth paid 25m for Scott too 😬

Back
Top Bottom