McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We signed the pound for pound best striker in the Championship alongside Maupay, who had no track record of being used as a human magnet, and tried to reincarnate him.

Why not just dig up Wayne Allison?
Might as well have kept leon clark

He is not the worst striker either of us have seen. We have both had to watch Conor Sammon try to score a goal.
I'm convinced he is conor sammon but with a better barry bannan/steven fletcher rug thing on his head. He's obviously had the obligatory shit sleeve tattoo to aid his disguise.

Mcburnie is simply not good enough for us, he’s a Sunday league player. He can’t run can’t control a ball, he’s the worst forward ever to play for the Blades. God knows what Chris Wilder sees in him but we’re going nowhere with him playing, bite the bullet Chris & get rid he really is embarrassing.
I take it you never so Chris Guthrie

Fucking absolute waste of a shirt. I don't think we'd be much poorer playing with 9 men without Lundstrumstromstram and McBambi.
I've backed Lunstrum all season but last night it was a toss up who was worse Lunstrum or Mcburnie. Big John gave the ball away all night and was marking nobody for one of their goals. Not much I can say about Mcburnie as he did nothing all night apart from fluff 2 chances, how he stayed on all game beggars belief. Burke may not be a good footballer but his pace frightens teams and for that reason he should start.

He's being utilised all wrong, but despite that I still don't think he's Premier League quality.

Luckily (or unluckily) for us we won't be in the Premier League next season so there's a chance he could be an asset next season for us, but we have to stop expecting him to be some target man who can hold the ball up, drop deep and link up play and finish our chances. Far too much is expected of him as is the same for all of our strikers this season. We don't create nearly enough and all too often they are isolate upfront chasing the ball around to no avail.

The fact we haven't tweaked our system all season is a real concern for me and Wilder comes in for a fair amount of criticism here. Our approach to trying to stop the slide appears to be doing the same thing over and over again and expecting something different to happen or for us to somehow keep opposition sides out for 90 minutes despite having a much weaker defence this season than last. Yes we have been unlucky with injuries and are now down to the bare bones, but that hasn't been the case all season. The make up of the squad is poor, we have no attacking midfielders at all, instead just a clutch of strikers. It seems the only way we have tried to mix things up is to drop our best striker this season into attacking midfield.

I take it you never so Chris Guthrie
i did see chris guthrie and he was a carthorse mcburnie is only slightly better but is awful play brewster for the rest of this season and lets see what hes made of

It was 4 2. Can't recall other scorer.
Guthrie goals were all headers. About 16 months earlier he got another 3 headers v Halifax at Roots Hall for Southend United.

Whilst this is fairly obvious, the thing with a lot of our players (McBurnie, Brewster, Norwood, Berge, Ramsdale etc) is that the game fundamentally different when your team have 35% possession and a couple of half chances a game in the Premier League, compared with 55% plus possession and a hatful of chances in the Championship or League One.

I sound like Wilder, but it's just so much less forgiving and follows through statistically (very roughly I might add).

For example, you get two chances a games, you need to conversion rate of above 50% to score regularly. Or the opposition play 20 balls into the box or shots, instead of 10, if you fail to deal with 5% of those you concede every time.

The fact still remains that collectively players aren't a Premier League team, but writing individual players off who struggle in a team devoid of anything in the top flight to be useless and not good enough for the Championship just doesn't add up to me.

There are many players who are Top End championship players, who struggle to make the step up and maybe our squad is jsut too full of those kind of players? Norwich are a fairly recent example of this.

It may be they don't come good for us at a lower level, but i still believe we will see the best of the likes of McBurnie, Brewster, Berge, Ramsdale, Fleck etc when we are back on less forgiving grounds.

The harsh reality is even if he scores 20 goals next season, is he really worth as a championship striker £20 million plus? Same goes for Brewster.
The answer is actually yes on two fronts one that probably gets us up and earns us 100 million. Secondly a 20 goal a season championship striker goes for more than that after villas over inflated splurge that is unless the market crashes this summer.

The first half tactics of either hit it to McB or bang it into a channel for Burke were awful. Wilder talks about not giving up possession easily but that’s all we did tonight.
It actually nearly worked yesterday v Liverpool. For the first time I could actually see what they were trying to do and if we had any quality finishing we would have scored a couple

I've seen more guile in Woodhouse.
It may be they don't come good for us at a lower level, but i still believe we will see the best of the likes of McBurnie, Brewster, Berge, Ramsdale, Fleck etc when we are back on less forgiving grounds.

That may be true but we need to be planning longer than next season or in 2/3 seasons time we will be going down again. If McBurnie/Brewster next season knock 20 in a piece we are singing their praises if year after they get nowt we are back to having a go. Or are you saying use them to get back to PL then get rid whilst they are worth something ?

I've seen more guile in Woodhouse.

That may be true but we need to be planning longer than next season or in 2/3 seasons time we will be going down again. If McBurnie/Brewster next season knock 20 in a piece we are singing their praises if year after they get nowt we are back to having a go. Or are you saying use them to get back to PL then get rid whilst they are worth something ?

I'd argue signing "top end championship players" is 100% planning for the next 2-3 seasons.

Given our recent history, we aren't simply going to become an established Premier League team overnight. Sure a few teams manage it Burnley, Brighton etc - but many don't, or come back down eventually (Watford, Bournemouth, Norwich) - to not plan for a realistic chance of relegation is foolhardy.

The reality is a realistic outlook for the next couple of years is probably a Yo Yo club.

If McB and Brewster fire us back to promotion with 20 goals a piece then they will have done their jobs, and we'd look to strengthen the entire squad again.

The signing of McBurnie has proved to be an expensive and ultimately costly disaster ..I can't think of a more embarrassingly poor , useless , incompetent forward in all the Premier league than him

Strange game football though , Colin Kazam Richards from memory didn't look too clever at Utd years ago either ..and I groaned like everyone else when Derby signed him recently
He's been great , a total surprise , he could actually end up being the difference in Derby staying up ..or not

Perhaps in 10 years time McBurnie might look like he knows what he's doing too ..and shock , horror score a goal occasionally too

Disclaimer
No trolling , I'm sad the season has gone this way for Sheff Utd , a club I like ..generous amounts of money given by the SUFC Board have been wasted ..sorry , but it has

i'm glad you've posted that - as well as being a Blade, I love my football and will talk/discuss any team/players, even the pigs of S6 with a pig.

Your words echo every single none Blade i've spoken to about McB.

Out of interest, what are your opinions of Bogle and Lowe - as and when they were Derby players?

UTB

Ha Ha ..Sammon will never be beaten ..I had the misfortune to watch him in live action ..if you could call it that ..at Derby ... terrible ..poor lad hadn't a clue

He managed to make the easiest of chances to score look the hardest.

chris wilder is our manager and he must rate mcburnie by signing him in the first place and picking him in our first eleven but i cannot see anything in the guy he looks cumbersome has no pace and just doesnt look a threat at all in front of goal dont rate him at all and very much doubt he will get anything like 20 goals even in the championship i think hes had his couple of good seasons and will eventually end up at a lower league club he makes madine look like a world beater

chris wilder is our manager and he must rate mcburnie by signing him in the first place and picking him in our first eleven but i cannot see anything in the guy he looks cumbersome has no pace and just doesnt look a threat at all in front of goal dont rate him at all and very much doubt he will get anything like 20 goals even in the championship i think hes had his couple of good seasons and will eventually end up at a lower league club he makes madine look like a world beater
Compared to MCBurnie - Madine was class above.

He is slow but quicker than MCB
In front of goal he had a much better idea of where the goal was.
He was much stronger than McB
He had a proper fiersome shot, McB can't shoot.

The defence of McB is truly laughable-

A- we don't play to his strengths- he ain't got no strengths?
B- he scored a load for Swansea - once.

Week in week out we see his dopey languid closing down, we see him trying to play a midfield role, what we don't see is a player with any proper guile, any sharp shooting , and in front of goal his heading is atrocious- he's a full on muppet of the highest order; and off the field he's a chav- gauling beyond belief.

surely weve got to play brewster and burke against villa no way mcburnie should play after that performance know chris defends him all the time but he must realise hes dropped a clanger with him

The answer is actually yes on two fronts one that probably gets us up and earns us 100 million. Secondly a 20 goal a season championship striker goes for more than that after villas over inflated splurge that is unless the market crashes this summer.

I agree to some extent Yogi that you will get 20 goal a season strikers from the championship making a big money move to premier league clubs, I remember Darren Bent moved to tottenham for a £20 million or so, many a year ago, you obviously then have Callum Wilson, Maupay and Watkins. However, these transfers had an unknown quantity attached to them, this unfortunately isn’t the case for McBurnie, he’s tried and tested in the premier league and been found wanting. A due to that reason alone I can’t see a team touching him for that amount of money.

Let’s hope he’s Championship quality and helps us get back up at the first time of asking.

UTB
Let’s hope? There’s no let’s about it. The last time he was in there he scored 24 league goals, up front on his own, for a team who finished frecking 12th FFS! Makes me wonder if some people’s eyes on here aren’t painted on!

I agree to some extent Yogi that you will get 20 goal a season strikers from the championship making a big money move to premier league clubs, I remember Darren Bent moved to tottenham for a £20 million or so, many a year ago, you obviously then have Callum Wilson, Maupay and Watkins. However, these transfers had an unknown quantity attached to them, this unfortunately isn’t the case for McBurnie, he’s tried and tested in the premier league and been found wanting. A due to that reason alone I can’t see a team touching him for that amount of money.
I agree it does decrease his value somewhat but at his age if he were to have a good season I could see another team having interest at that level.

Let’s hope? There’s no let’s about it. The last time he was in there he scored 24 league goals, up front on his own, for a team who finished frecking 12th FFS! Makes me wonder if some people’s eyes on here aren’t painted on!
Yes but his confidence is at rock bottom, like most of the team.

That’s what I meant. I’m aware of his scoring record and why we bought him.

UTB.

Yes but his confidence is at rock bottom, like most of the team.

That’s what I meant. I’m aware of his scoring record and why we bought him.

UTB.
I'm aware of his scoring record, but don't quite get as to why we bought him, as he doesn't seem to fit into the "system". Then again, why did we buy C. Robinson. Or Luke Freeman or... Ah well, to hell with that. I suppose I'm just having a bad day. It'll be all different tomorrow. :)

Looking at all 24 goals for Swansea .
11 were sitters, which he isn't going to get in the Premier League. 3 were Penalties. 3 were decent goals, and an impressive total of 7 headers.
He's an out and out, old fashioned centre forward.
McBurnie firing on all cylinders
#1 not capable of linking play
#2 not capable of creating his own shooting chances
#3 a danger in the air
#4 can find space and score at close range
#5 can't hold the ball up and is not a target man.
#6 big strong lad, can bully weak defences.
He should score loads back in the championship. The Premiership is a step too high. He doesn't have the technical ability.

i'm glad you've posted that - as well as being a Blade, I love my football and will talk/discuss any team/players, even the pigs of S6 with a pig.

Your words echo every single none Blade i've spoken to about McB.

Out of interest, what are your opinions of Bogle and Lowe - as and when they were Derby players?

UTB
Cheers FB

We weren't overly disappointed to lose Bogle but particularly not Lowe who most of us were surprised that a Premier League Club would want to sign him ..not a bad lad , just limited ability

However Bogle did show signs of promise at Derby occasionally (not often enough mind ) ..and watching him in games for Sheff Utd recently , I'd be humbly suggesting he's been one of your best players , I really think he actually might prove to be a decent signing and with the right attitude , the sort of bloke you'll need to make a swift return to the Premier League

Back
Top Bottom