McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd like to see Brewster get plenty more mins in preparation for next season. And not just pointless ones. He looked dangerous against Chelsea and at home to Man United when we were attacking and playing in the final third.

But regards Oli, you don't dominate the likes of Chelsea and Leicester's defences if you aren't good enough at that level. But we don't use him at all how he should be, hence the inconsistency. Any other argument is futile for me.
If we weren't willing to change how we play to fit the strengths of the players we signed we should have signed players who had a track record of doing what we wanted.

It's ridiculous but the way we play McBurnie, Kieffer Moore would probably be at least as effective

Funny in it. We have a player in McBurnie who cost 18 million.
He’s been done for drink drivin
He seems like a chav
He’s been mostly crap since he’s been here.

Then you have a Blade fan in Billy Sharp
Born in Sheffield
Scored over 250 goals

Then you see which posters are putting McBurnie over Sharp and realise some folk are just bloody jealous of success.

Funny in it. We have a player in McBurnie who cost 18 million.
He’s been done for drink drivin
He seems like a chav
He’s been mostly crap since he’s been here.

Then you have a Blade fan in Billy Sharp
Born in Sheffield
Scored over 250 goals

Then you see which posters are putting McBurnie over Sharp and realise some folk are just bloody jealous of success.
What are you talking about? 🤣 🤣

Fuck me this argument is boring. McSharpnie can never play together, they do the same things in this formation. When they are on the pitch they are both OK at some things and not at others. Neither of them can create their own shot (At least Burke has pace, Brewster can shoot from distance and Didzy has the skill to shift it and shoot) so they are 100% reliant on others to create for them. As a team we are as bad as it gets at chance creation so neither of them are ever going to look very good.

Last season McBurnie was a lot better than Sharp. This year I'd say Sharp has offered more. But neither of them are good enough
What Sharp does offer is bloody GOALS and looking at our goals for stats we really really need them. NO SHARP NO GOALS. Not ideal I know but he is the best at the club doing what strikers are paid to do .that is put the ball in the bloody net.

If we weren't willing to change how we play to fit the strengths of the players we signed we should have signed players who had a track record of doing what we wanted.

It's ridiculous but the way we play McBurnie, Kieffer Moore would probably be at least as effective
We signed the pound for pound best striker in the Championship alongside Maupay, who had no track record of being used as a human magnet, and tried to reincarnate him.

Why not just dig up Wayne Allison?

What Sharp does offer is bloody GOALS and looking at our goals for stats we really really need them. NO SHARP NO GOALS. Not ideal I know but he is the best at the club doing what strikers are paid to do .that is put the ball in the bloody net.
He doesn't offer very many goals though. As do none of our forwards. Sharp has 4 non penalty goals in just under 1,500 Premier League minutes. McBurnie has 7 in just under 3,100 minutes.

They are basically the same

We signed the pound for pound best striker in the Championship alongside Maupay, who had no track record of being used as a human magnet, and tried to reincarnate him.

Why not just dig up Wayne Allison?
Because Allison's agent isn't one of the 8 in Wilders phonebook

So you're speaking for 99% of the fanbase now?
Of those 17, how many have been sub appearances? How many goalscoring chances has he actually had?

Comparing the goal records of our strikers for the past season and half is the most stupid of arguments you can have. Wycombe would create more.
Good strikers have a natural sense knowing where to be at the right time . They train with each other every day it is time they should know each others game and strengths .

Because Allison's agent isn't one of the 8 in Wilders phonebook
Paul Mitchell: “He’s had a great season Chris. He’s been pulling defenders allover the shop all season, they haven’t known what day it is. He’s also scored against us at Bramall Lane and the Liberty as we know. If you want to play through midfield, he looks to drop deep and collect the ball with his feet and play from there. Ideal for how we play I’d say. He’s scored the majority of his goals in the 18 yard box, and is pretty good aerially”

Chris Wilder: “aerially you say?”

Good strikers have a natural sense knowing where to be at the right time . They train with each other every day it is time they should know each others game and strengths .
If you’re not creating chances then there’s nowhere on the pitch that is the right place 🤣🤣

He doesn't offer very many goals though. As do none of our forwards. Sharp has 4 non penalty goals in just under 1,500 Premier League minutes. McBurnie has 7 in just under 3,100 minutes.

They are basically the same
Surely you mean 7 since he has been here.I think he has only scored 1 this season and then he did not know he had scored it .Some one might know different and will put me right but i thought it was the grand total of ONE.

Surely you mean 7 since he has been here.I think he has only scored 1 this season and then he did not know he had scored it .Some one might know different and will put me right but i thought it was the grand total of ONE.
I said Premier Legaue minutes. So this season and last season

But we don't use him at all how he should be, hence the inconsistency. Any other argument is futile for me.
The golden question is why do we go hoof-ball style, when McBurnie comes on?

Its not as simple as saying its a directive from Wilder.... I think some of the problem lies also with Mcburnie in that he isn't very good/tactically aware at getting into the right areas and moving into space when we have the ball. (more or less ambles around the same area of the pitch)... Thus the only way to get the ball to him is up and over the opposition.

We may aswell have signed Madine with how McBurnie gets deployed, loads cheaper in terms of fee and wages and I’m being deadly serious. Until Wilder changes something we won’t see an improvement in McBurnies stats, in terms of passing, assists or goals, Madine can’t have done literally any worse.

The golden question is why do we go hoof-ball style, when McBurnie comes on?

Its not as simple as saying its a directive from Wilder.... I think some of the problem lies also with Mcburnie in that he isn't very good/tactically aware at getting into the right areas and moving into space when we have the ball. (more or less ambles around the same area of the pitch)... Thus the only way to get the ball to him is up and over the opposition.
How can the blame for us playing hoof ball direct from defence possibly be with the striker? It's down to the midfield to play through the lines if anything. Not the strikers.

Do you think if it wasn't a directive from Wilder he wouldn't stop it from happening?
It's quite clearly a tactic.

If you’re not creating chances then there’s nowhere on the pitch that is the right place 🤣🤣
But we are creating chances ,we just do not have any natural goal scorers who have been proven at this level.The Moose has NEVER EVER been a goal scorer ,I think he has doubled his tally since been here which says alot when you consider he is never fit to play 90% of the time.Burke has never been a goal scorer for the past five years and McBurnie is a waste of space at this level as his goal tally shows.Only our ageing Sharp carries a threat to any defence which shows in his goal tally which is not bad for some one who sits more often on the bench than on the pitch.If he was the same age as the others he is our only natural goal scorer.The Moose and Burke have not produced at their former clubs when others in their team were and they will not here either.

We may aswell have signed Madine with how McBurnie gets deployed, loads cheaper in terms of fee and wages and I’m being deadly serious. Until Wilder changes something we won’t see an improvement in McBurnies stats, in terms of passing, assists or goals, Madine can’t have done literally any worse.
Exactly. It's a disgraceful misuse of money really. And that's coming from someone who loves Oli and knows what he can offer (rewatch that tousing we got at the Liberty for evidence if you like).

Might as well have kept Madine here. He'd have been a better targetman.

But we are creating chances ,we just do not have any natural goal scorers who have been proven at this level.The Moose has NEVER EVER been a goal scorer ,I think he has doubled his tally since been here which says alot when you consider he is never fit to play 90% of the time.Burke has never been a goal scorer for the past five years and McBurnie is a waste of space at this level as his goal tally shows.Only our ageing Sharp carries a threat to any defence which shows in his goal tally which is not bad for some one who sits more often on the bench than on the pitch.If he was the same age as the others he is our only natural goal scorer.The Moose and Burke have not produced at their former clubs when others in their team were and they will not here either.
Waste of space at this level that from the top of my head post lockdown has dominated the defences of Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal despite being utilised totally wrong.
Obviously a hyperbolic comment, as we've come to expect from McBurnie's detractors. (And Mousset's for that matter).

West Brom away apart, where are these chances that you're seeing? We're lucky to get one a game.

Carlton has shown you the stats, which you conveniently just want to ignore. Non-penalty goals Sharp and McBurnie's GPM record is pretty much the same. But, you can gloss over that if you like.

We don't create chances at anything like a consistent rate. It's about time people realised that before judging any of our strikers.

Mcburnie is simply not good enough for us, he’s a Sunday league player. He can’t run can’t control a ball, he’s the worst forward ever to play for the Blades. God knows what Chris Wilder sees in him but we’re going nowhere with him playing, bite the bullet Chris & get rid he really is embarrassing.

We've signed a fuck load of players who we didn't need and who don't fit our 'system'. McBurnie is one of them.

It's wank to even discuss. Bogle has been our best player by far since he started playing and will definitely get POTS despite not even playing for half of it. That says it all.

Mcburnie is simply not good enough for us, he’s a Sunday league player. He can’t run can’t control a ball, he’s the worst forward ever to play for the Blades. God knows what Chris Wilder sees in him but we’re going nowhere with him playing, bite the bullet Chris & get rid he really is embarrassing.
Got 1 in 2 over 1 1/2 Championship seasons for Barnsley and Swansea but he can't play?

Had superb games against Chelsea and Spurs in a mediocre team. Properly dominated international centre backs.

Is he a superb PL forward? Of course not, he's probably never going to be. But in the right system he's proved he can be effective

Worst forward ever? Is this your first season watching?

Waste of space at this level that from the top of my head post lockdown has dominated the defences of Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal despite being utilised totally wrong.
Obviously a hyperbolic comment, as we've come to expect from McBurnie's detractors. (And Mousset's for that matter).

West Brom away apart, where are these chances that you're seeing? We're lucky to get one a game.

Carlton has shown you the stats, which you conveniently just want to ignore. Non-penalty goals Sharp and McBurnie's GPM record is pretty much the same. But, you can gloss over that if you like.

We don't create chances at anything like a consistent rate. It's about time people realised that before judging any of our strikers.
I am not against the lad McBurnie i wish he was a success so to Moussets but it is obvious now why Bournemouth were more than happy to see him go ,What is the use of having a twenty odd year old who can not last 90 mins and thats if he is ever fit to be on the pitch in the first place.Has for McBurnie have you really watched him ?Does he actually know where he is heading the ball?Can he ever keep the ball?Can he ever pass to someone wearing the same coloured shirt as himself?CAN HE SCORE GOALS?The answer to all these questions is a big fat NO.

Worst forward ever? Really?

I am not against the lad McBurnie i wish he was a success so to Moussets but it is obvious now why Bournemouth were more than happy to see him go ,What is the use of having a twenty odd year old who can not last 90 mins and thats if he is ever fit to be on the pitch in the first place.Has for McBurnie have you really watched him ?Does he actually know where he is heading the ball?Can he ever keep the ball?Can he ever pass to someone wearing the same coloured shirt as himself?CAN HE SCORE GOALS?The answer to all these questions is a big fat NO.
Is he consistently good enough to lead the line in the top division? No, not on the evidence we have. Could he be effective in the right set up? Like nearly all of our players, if you put him in the right circumstances to succeed he could do.

The problem with McBurnie is the fee. We paid a lot of money to play an all round or even wide forward as a target man

i wouldnt rule out madine coming back next season and i think we will offload mcburnie if a decent offer comes in also agree with another post start brewster now were down anyway and lets see what he can do brewster and mcgoldrick for me and maybe start burke for away games

Possibly McG aside, NONE of our forwards have been consistently good enough over the last 18 months. Even at our best we are a team who don't create much, but at our worst all our forwards are fighting a losing battle - the odd game here and there we can get complete performances from any individuals - but rarely.

On top of this Wilder doesnt seem to know his best partnership, as with individuals we have seen glimpses of partnerships but nothing consistent

As much as i love Billy, those saying he is the answer are a bit rose tinted.
No disrespect to Billy, but unfortunately no single striker is the answer. Until we start being comfortable in possession, being adventurous and taking chances with balls in and around the box we won't create enough to score consistently. There's a tendency to focus on individuals (particularly strikers), and therefore often overlooked that it's a team game and we need the whole lot to be playing well and contributing going forward - this hasnt happened for a while.

For what it's worth all of our strikers have plus points and downsides...

McG - Excellent link player, not an out and our goal scorer
McB - Can be excellent in the air, much more effective when we don't simply twat it upfield
Mousset - incredibly talented, but lacks application and permanently unfit
Burke - rapid and stretches defenses, finishing ability of a blind dog
Sharp - knack of finding the net, can offer very little aside from this
Brewster - glimpses of ability, raw and unproven at top level

We know there is a big gulf in class and questions remain as to whether they are good enough for Premier League, but I'd guess near enough every team in the Championship would swap their forward line for the above.

Possibly McG aside, NONE of our forwards have been consistently good enough over the last 18 months. Even at our best we are a team who don't create much, but at our worst all our forwards are fighting a losing battle - the odd game here and there we can get complete performances from any individuals - but rarely.

On top of this Wilder doesnt seem to know his best partnership, as with individuals we have seen glimpses of partnerships but nothing consistent

No disrespect to Billy, but unfortunately no single striker is the answer. Until we start being comfortable in possession, being adventurous and taking chances with balls in and around the box we won't create enough to score consistently. There's a tendency to focus on individuals (particularly strikers), and therefore often overlooked that it's a team game and we need the whole lot to be playing well and contributing going forward - this hasnt happened for a while.

McB - Can be excellent in the air, much more effective when we don't simply twat it upfield

We know there is a big gulf in class and questions remain as to whether they are good enough for Premier League, but I'd guess near enough every team in the Championship would swap their forward line for the above.
I agree and don't agree at the same time.

McGoldrick's goal return compared to what it should've been last year doesn't put him aside for me, he hasn't consistently been good enough in that whole period either.
So that means NONE of our strikers have been good enough. That tells me the issue might just lay elsewhere... which I believe it does.

Good post and i agree with most of it, I don’t however agree that McB is excellent in the air, i think he’s a lot better with the ball at his feet and actually a lot better than a lot give him credit for with the ball at his feet, the problem is we barely get to see it.

He’s better in our box with his heading than he is the oppositions, that i will say but it’s really poor tactics that we will probably never see the best of him on a more consistent basis.

You can see why a lot of fans think he’s shit though and its hard to debate it when we see how he’s played.

Back
Top Bottom