McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We'd have to pay someone to get them to take him off us not the other way round. Why does Chris keep picking him? Its no coincidence when he was out of the team we played much better football and picked up a handful of points. He's dross yet he appears to be first name on teamsheet when fit

He lost the ball with his feet all night. He also missed a sitter of a header and fucked up a one on one. Do Swansea not do those things?

In fact, about the only decent thing he did do was win some headers, so your post makes no sense.
It stands to reason he would do better in a more successful, pro-active, possession based Championship side, than an hapless team of Premier league strugglers, who are out of their depth.

It stands to reason he would do better in a more successful, pro-active, possession based Championship side, than an hapless team of Premier league strugglers, who are out of their depth.
So would every player in the history of football.

im not so sure hes one of the worst centre forwards i have seen in 60 years following united and believe me ive seen a few he offers us absolutely nothing

Anyone who thinks McBurnie needs another chance (99th) needs to look at that cross that come in first half, misses everyone McB runs (?) after it towards the corner flag he is so dosy a Liverpool player comes up behind him and robs the ball off him without McB even touching it. Hopefully this will be in the highlights it just sums up how he is.

Plays with all the composure of a spider desperately trying to escape being washed down the plug hole. How poor he is was hidden by the success of the team last year. Not great in the air, can’t hold the ball up, terrible first (second, third and fourth touch .... he needs all of them) with no pace. He’s offering nothing and stealing a wage from us. We paid over the odds for him and I don’t understand how he’s first choice for anything .... except being moved on by the club at the end of the season.

The harsh reality is even if he scores 20 goals next season, is he really worth as a championship striker £20 million plus? Same goes for Brewster.
I don't follow championship transfer news all that closely but wouldn't a lot of the bigger 2nd tier clubs be happy to pay £20m for a 20-goals-a-season player? it seems like many years ago now that Pigs paid £10m for about-3-goals-a-season striker Jordan Rhodes. I do however find it hard to imagine either OM or RB scoring 20 goals next seaosn, hope they prove me wrong of course.

We’ve had him for almost 2 entire seasons now and he doesn’t seem to be getting any better. Outside the box he’s hardly Ollie Watkins quality is he and most disappointingly he’s absolutely not the penalty box striker we’d hoped he’d be.

I don’t seem to be the only one hearing rumours about his and Moussets partying together either.

Disgrace.

I don't follow championship transfer news all that closely but wouldn't a lot of the bigger 2nd tier clubs be happy to pay £20m for a 20-goals-a-season player? it seems like many years ago now that Pigs paid £10m for about-3-goals-a-season striker Jordan Rhodes. I do however find it hard to imagine either OM or RB scoring 20 goals next seaosn, hope they prove me wrong of course.
Reuben neves cost £15.8 million and he’s the most expensive player to transfer to the championship. McBurnie is no where near him. However, to add balance one of the best pulled your pants down transfers is Ryan Sessegnon who cost Tottenham £24 million.

Last edited:

I remember him bullying Egan playing against us for Swansea. Now he looks like he couldn’t bully Barry Bannan.

Poor old Oli, he was 'shit' against Man U when he scored the equaliser in the 3 all thriller at BDTBL taking his extra touches before firing it into the net. He's 'shit' doing his defending at set pieces, even though he's never seen doing anything faster than a jogging pace he always manages to be there to head the ball away at those opposition set pieces. Poor old Oli is having to play the 'Glance the ball onto Didzy from a Ramsdale punt role' because our midfield can't get the ball further than the halfway line before passing backwards, taking the safe option because they are afraid of losing the ball and having to shield away from the flack they get from the negative comments on this forum. Toxic comments can knock the stuffing out of the young football professionals. The youngsters signed for our club, let's support them not pull them to bits because they can't perform to the best of their ability without all of the team pulling in the same direction. U.T.B.

Poor old Oli, he was 'shit' against Man U when he scored the equaliser in the 3 all thriller at BDTBL taking his extra touches before firing it into the net. He's 'shit' doing his defending at set pieces, even though he's never seen doing anything faster than a jogging pace he always manages to be there to head the ball away at those opposition set pieces. Poor old Oli is having to play the 'Glance the ball onto Didzy from a Ramsdale punt role' because our midfield can't get the ball further than the halfway line before passing backwards, taking the safe option because they are afraid of losing the ball and having to shield away from the flack they get from the negative comments on this forum. Toxic comments can knock the stuffing out of the young football professionals. The youngsters signed for our club, let's support them not pull them to bits because they can't perform to the best of their ability without all of the team pulling in the same direction. U.T.B.

How much money does he earn?

I remember him bullying Egan playing against us for Swansea. Now he looks like he couldn’t bully Barry Bannan.
Couldn’t even take the piss out of his hair now, either.

The signing of McBurnie has proved to be an expensive and ultimately costly disaster ..I can't think of a more embarrassingly poor , useless , incompetent forward in all the Premier league than him

Strange game football though , Colin Kazam Richards from memory didn't look too clever at Utd years ago either ..and I groaned like everyone else when Derby signed him recently
He's been great , a total surprise , he could actually end up being the difference in Derby staying up ..or not

Perhaps in 10 years time McBurnie might look like he knows what he's doing too ..and shock , horror score a goal occasionally too

Disclaimer
No trolling , I'm sad the season has gone this way for Sheff Utd , a club I like ..generous amounts of money given by the SUFC Board have been wasted ..sorry , but it has

The signing of McBurnie has proved to be an expensive and ultimately costly disaster ..I can't think of a more embarrassingly poor , useless , incompetent forward in all the Premier league than him

Strange game football though , Colin Kazam Richards from memory didn't look too clever at Utd years ago either ..and I groaned like everyone else when Derby signed him recently
He's been great , a total surprise , he could actually end up being the difference in Derby staying up ..or not

Perhaps in 10 years time McBurnie might look like he knows what he's doing too ..and shock , horror score a goal occasionally too

Disclaimer
No trolling , I'm sad the season has gone this way for Sheff Utd , a club I like ..generous amounts of money given by the SUFC Board have been wasted ..sorry , but it has

He is not the worst striker either of us have seen. We have both had to watch Conor Sammon try to score a goal.

Ha Ha ..Sammon will never be beaten ..I had the misfortune to watch him in live action ..if you could call it that ..at Derby ... terrible ..poor lad hadn't a clue

I have criticised McBurnie this season and have seen him as a bad buy for United but after watching the match yesterday, I’m not so sure it’s his fault. Yes he’s a big lad but he’s not strong enough to hold off centre backs and hold the ball up, not in the premier league anyway. He won’t dominate in that position, and he’s struggling in that role. Why we just lump it up to him I just can’t understand. Nobody supports him and nobody makes a run expecting him to win it. He has had a run in the side and has not delivered. Brewster on the other hand must be well pissed off. Anyone on here who says he isn’t good enough or hasn’t produced doesn’t really know do they. We haven’t seen enough of him to form a proper opinion of how good or bad he is. If Didzy is saying he’s the best 20 year old finisher he’s seen, why is he not getting a chance ? I know they are working with him behind the scenes but to pay that amount and not play him is crazy to me. And for those who say he isn’t good enough, the current forwards have not been good enough all season.

I have criticised McBurnie this season and have seen him as a bad buy for United but after watching the match yesterday, I’m not so sure it’s his fault. Yes he’s a big lad but he’s not strong enough to hold off centre backs and hold the ball up, not in the premier league anyway. He won’t dominate in that position, and he’s struggling in that role. Why we just lump it up to him I just can’t understand. Nobody supports him and nobody makes a run expecting him to win it. He has had a run in the side and has not delivered. Brewster on the other hand must be well pissed off. Anyone on here who says he isn’t good enough or hasn’t produced doesn’t really know do they. We haven’t seen enough of him to form a proper opinion of how good or bad he is. If Didzy is saying he’s the best 20 year old finisher he’s seen, why is he not getting a chance ? I know they are working with him behind the scenes but to pay that amount and not play him is crazy to me. And for those who say he isn’t good enough, the current forwards have not been good enough all season.
sorry i just dont see what chris sees in mcburnie and i very much doubt he will do it for us in the championship brewster on the other hand will imo i would give him a run in the team till the end of the season and pair him up front with burke and play mcgoldrick in the number 10 position

Tunnel vision Wilder will play him again and again, only time we have shown anything like is when he has been injured. Sorry but he won't 'rip up' the championship and nor will RB. he will continue to play him and CW will be shown the door
It’s unfair to compare the two
McB has had two seasons and a lot of matches RB has not.
I am not saying you are necessarily wrong but it is too early to judge whether RB is good or not

Back
Top Bottom